Will, and CAN, Marvel tie X-Men into their new movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpaceMonkey
Seeing as how IronMan and Hulk, and more than likely Captain America and Avengers, are tied together via crossovers, is there a possibility Marvel can include X-Men or any characters from X-Men into their new line of movies? Can they? Will they? SHOULD they?

BruceSkywalker
No

SpaceMonkey
As always, thanks for the insight. laughing out loud

Neo Darkhalen
Not really.

SpaceMonkey
Well that sucks. Well, worth a shot.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
As always, thanks for the insight. laughing out loud

Well there is no reason for any X-Men to appear in an Iron Man film and since The Avengers movie will most likely be based off Avengers #1, there's no need for any X-Men to appear either. The X-men will appear in future X movies and nothing more. It can be done, but won't and should not be done

SpaceMonkey
OK, I get that. Thanks.

ragesRemorse
i think there would be a good possibility for Wolverine making it into a crossover movie. Assuming Wolverine does well, and that an Avengers movie ever gets made and, it too does well. I'm sure they would try and get wolverine into an avengers sequel. That would most likely be 10 years from now though, so who cares?

I would prefer a new x-men movie that doesnt suck. Either live action or anime. It would be nice to see the x-men protrayed as adults for once.

shksprtx
Would think that Spidey could very easily make a crossover appearance of some kind in the Wolverine movie, or vice versa. Unfortunately, the fact that Sony maintains rights to the Spider-Man franchise could make this a moot point.

The way they have set up Hulk and Iron Man with the SHIELD connection, I would also think it highly likely that Wolverine could make an appearance in The Avengers, or that one of those characters might appear in the Wolverine spinoff.

Not so sure about the rest of the X-men. I think Wolverine is the one with the best shot of making a crossover appearance.

I would, however, like to see Thomas Jane's Punisher make another appearance in this new Marvel movie continuity, and I hope they find a way to bring a non-Affleck Daredevil back into the fold.

SpaceMonkey
10 YEARS!!! I'll be too old to like these movies. I'll like crap then!

Endrict Nuul
It won't happen......

Jimmy Buggs
the only two xmen who have a right in an a cross over movie is
beast in the avengers movie
and a cameo fight hulk v wolvie would be pretty awesome.

Scoobless
They should at least aknowledge the existence of other enhanced humans/mutants every now and again in these super hero films.

Even if it's only something small like Tony Stark reading a copy of a newspaper with a Spider-man story on the cover.

shksprtx
Originally posted by Scoobless
They should at least aknowledge the existence of other enhanced humans/mutants every now and again in these super hero films.

Even if it's only something small like Tony Stark reading a copy of a newspaper with a Spider-man story on the cover.

THIS.

Eel O'Brian
How far back into Wolverine's past does the movie go? I doubt it'd happen, but it would make my day to see a Logan and Cap team up in a World War II scenario, like how it's supposed to happen.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
How far back into Wolverine's past does the movie go? I doubt it'd happen, but it would make my day to see a Logan and Cap team up in a World War II scenario, like how it's supposed to happen.

As far as I know, Wolverine's movie deals with the Weapon X program. I hope they him being bonded with the adamantium skeleton and claws

D_A_R_E
I would like to see the X-Men in a crossover movie, but I doubt it will actually happen.

Raoul
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Seeing as how IronMan and Hulk, and more than likely Captain America and Avengers, are tied together via crossovers, is there a possibility Marvel can include X-Men or any characters from X-Men into their new line of movies? Can they? Will they? SHOULD they?

Not unless they start the x-men franchise fresh, no...

Kazenji
Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
How far back into Wolverine's past does the movie go?

I think it may go all the way back to when he was a kid back in canada from some pictures that i remember seeing.

H. S. 6
The rights to the X-Men film franchise are owned by 20th Century Fox, I believe, and thus a crossover with the Avengers would be impossible.

JaydonPhoenix
I seriously doubt it

Alpha Centauri
Hopefully not.

They had their shot at a trilogy and failed.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.