World War Hulk vs Silver Surfer with a twist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bbrem123
No bfr and no power drain.

Nihilist
Originally posted by bbrem123
No bfr
surfer drains all hulks gamma/energy ftw

bbrem123
ok and no draining of energy cuz thats cheap....straight up fight to the death

Badabing
ok and no draining of energy cuz thats cheap....straight up fight to the death What, SS has no powers? Think about the stipulations and then make the thread. I'll edit it for you this time. PM me the changes you want to make.

Nihilist
i suppose surfer doesnt get his board as well.

Erik-Lensherr
Surfer reverses gravity and makes Hulk useless.

janus77
Surfer channels ambient cosmic rays into a "deflector shield" and holds out until Hulk gets bored.

or Surfer attacks Hulk on the astral plane and takes possession of Hulk.

or Surfer calms Hulk down or Surfer manipulates all the photons in the arena making the place pitch black, then sits on his board a mile in the air as Hulk punches shadows.

stalemate most likely, Hulk would obviously win if Surfer was stupid enough to engage him for a prolonged spell.

ultimatethor
Surfer traps hulk in a cosmic bubble and then merges him with his board

Soljer
Soul punch.

bbrem123
does the surfer have a limit to his physical strength?

ultimatethor
does the surfer have a limit to his physical strength?

He does. Hes bin overpowered b4 but thats irrelvant as there is no way surfer can lose aside a pure slug fest.

bbrem123
Originally posted by ultimatethor
He does. Hes bin overpowered b4 but thats irrelvant as there is no way surfer can lose aside a pure slug fest.

ahh cuz i knew he could argument his stength with the power cosmic i just didnt kno how mcuh

Grinning Goku
Norrin ftw.

lft4ded
Couldn't he just disintegrate Hulk transmute him into free floating atoms or a lump of rock. He was actually quite impressive in Nova recently. Considering that depowered Hulk and his crew only got lucky when Surfer was regaining his sense of self of Sakarr, fully powered and with only Hulk to contend with I don't see how Surfer can lose.

Priest
Surfer easily..

Mindset
SS transmutes his nuts in snakes!

Ambient
Without the board, no energy manipulation, no bfr. I think Hulk would be capable of overpowering Surfer and would end up winning..

Ive seen Hulk fought off transmutation..

skyfather
srslysurfer easily

Ambient
Would WWHulk survive a Planetary scale blast? Hmmm, im not sure..

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by Soljer
Soul punch.

laughing out loud

Avlon
Surfer destroys the planet and even if Hulk survives, he's pretty much a sitting duck for whatever Surfer method Surfer decides to use to finish him off.

piccolo84
Those are some pretty out of character attacks there

Hulk would win more often then not.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by piccolo84
Those are some pretty out of character attacks there

Hulk would win more often then not.

Never going to happen.

B dot Rob
Never going to happen.

Why?

ultimatethor
Surfer does not need to power drain hulk or bfr him to beat him. Turning him into an inanimate object would or blasting him into oblivion would suffice

B dot Rob
Out of Character tactics?

It'll take more then some energy beams to take out No Sell Hulk, and that's assuming Hulk stands there letting himself get blasted.

Creshosk
Surfer could manipulate gravity and levitate hulk into the air.. Hulk wouldn't have any leverage to move.. which by incapacitation means surfer could win... even if hulk tried a thunderclap, Surfer could nullify it by removing the air in between the two of them. With no air to vibrate the thunderclap has no medium through which to travel and would have to stop.

B dot Rob
More out of character tactics?

Creshosk
He's turned Spiderman and daredevil into stone, and drained the hulk's gamma energy.

Please know what you're talking about before posting.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by B dot Rob
Out of Character tactics?

It'll take more then some energy beams to take out No Sell Hulk, and that's assuming Hulk stands there letting himself get blasted.

It might be out of charcter but its still very feasible. And im not sure the hulk can take SS best enrgy beams. The surfer could also absorb him into his board like he did legacy. He is also far faster than hulk in or out of battle. The power cosmic really lets ss do anything

horrorwolf
If Surfer simply wanted to go toe to toe, WWH would have a chance. If Surfer can use his knowledge, cosmic awareness and other abilities....Surfer runs away with this. Too damn versatile and overall resourceful.

B dot Rob
Originally posted by Creshosk
He's turned Spiderman and daredevil into stone, and drained the hulk's gamma energy.

Please know what you're talking about before posting.

I know what I'm talking about. Hence why I know Surfer's not allowed to use a gamma drain. Please know what you're talking about before posting.

Creshosk
Personally after seeing what surfer HAS done, I don't see it as out of character. He's not killing anyone, but effectively winning the fight through incapacitation.

B dot Rob
It might be out of charcter but its still very feasible. And im not sure the hulk can take SS best enrgy beams. The surfer could also absorb him into his board like he did legacy. He is also far faster than hulk in or out of battle. The power cosmic really lets ss do anything

Why would Surfer absorb Hulk into his board? Is he going to know Hulk's more powerful then him and use his once per 200 issue showing ability? And how are out of character tactics feasible in a in-character battle?

Creshosk
I know what I'm talking about. Hence why I know Surfer's not allowed to use a gamma drain :X. Then why would you say that tactics that are perfectly in character are out of character?

Please explain how him choosing to do things he's shown capable of and less than what he's willing to do, violates the forum rules.

B dot Rob
Personally after seeing what surfer HAS done, I don't see it as out of character. He's not killing anyone, but effectively winning the fight through incapacitation.

Then you can provide a bunch of scans/instances of Surfer doing whatever you had him doing mid-battle to prove this?

B dot Rob
Then why would you say that tactics that are perfectly in character are out of character?

Please explain how him choosing to do things he's shown capable of and less than what he's willing to do, violates the forum rules.

Opening post:

No bfr and no power drain.

batdude123
Surfer could manipulate gravity and levitate hulk into the air.. Hulk wouldn't have any leverage to move.. which by incapacitation means surfer could win... even if hulk tried a thunderclap, Surfer could nullify it by removing the air in between the two of them. With no air to vibrate the thunderclap has no medium through which to travel and would have to stop.

It's funny, Magneto has pretty much done both of those things...

Reversing gravity...

http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/2884/magreflectspsychicpowerandreve.jpg

Manipulating sound waves...

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classicxmen01815vi9.jpg

It's a wonder why people think WWH can take Mags as well. ermm

Back on topic... Surfer all day.

Creshosk
Opening post:

No bfr and no power drain. Which has what to do with levitating him and manipulating sound waves?

Shall I start quoting forum rule at you?

Creshosk
Originally posted by batdude123
It's funny, Magneto has pretty much done both of those things...

Reversing gravity...

http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/2884/magreflectspsychicpowerandreve.jpg

Manipulating sound waves...

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classicxmen01815vi9.jpg

It's a wonder why people think WWH can take Mags as well. ermm

Back on topic... Surfer all day. Because Hulk gets too much love by certain fans around here.

He really is a one trick pony. But hey, people get worked up enough about the fact that their favorite character loses that they get themselves banned. Just look at kutulu. He's gone for good for his passion to the character.

ultimatethor
Then you can provide a bunch of scans/instances of Surfer doing whatever you had him doing mid-battle to prove this?

Surfer holds back 80 percent of the time. Thats why he does not do such things in evry fight. In all his fights against hulk he has held back immensely as well. It does not mean he still cant do it. Also if surfer realised that WWH was really bent on destroying him he would be forced to pull out the big guns which would mean the end of WWH.

B dot Rob
and drained the hulk's gamma energy.

Why bring this up?

BTW: Your levitating and manipulating soundwaves is out of character because you cannot provide a fight where he utalizes this tactic.

B dot Rob
Surfer holds back 80 percent of the time. Thats why he does not do such things in evry fight. In all his fights against hulk he has held back immensely as well. It does not mean he still cant do it. Also if surfer realised that WWH was really bent on destroying him he would be forced to pull out the big guns which would mean the end of WWH.

What reason would Surfer have to believe his friend is killing him, especially when Hulk doesn't kill.

Why's it suddenly in-character for Surfer to go all out on Hulk when he holds back all the time?

Creshosk
Why bring this up?

BTW: Your levitating and manipulating soundwaves is out of character because you cannot provide a fight where he utalizes this tactic. Because it shows a willing ness of what he's done before.

Also:

Now quit trolling(breaking the rules so blatently) or you will be reported.

Creshosk
What reason would Surfer have to believe his friend is killing him, especially when Hulk doesn't kill.

Why's it suddenly in-character for Surfer to go all out on Hulk when he holds back all the time? Read the forum rules.

B dot Rob
Because it shows a willing ness of what he's done before.

Which doesn't apply to a topic that specifically says no power draining. If I didn't know better, I'd say you're trolling.

"but still within the character's personality"

Care to provide a showing of Silver Surfer using said tactics to let the posters know this is more then just fan fiction? But by all means, continue the subtle trolling.

Read the forum rules.

Why are you telling me to read rules I know? Do you have anything to contribute to this thread other then trolling and fan-fiction?

Creshosk
Reported for trolling

B dot Rob
Good to see asking people to provide proof is trolling nowadays.

bbrem123
Why would Surfer absorb Hulk into his board? Is he going to know Hulk's more powerful then him and use his once per 200 issue showing ability? And how are out of character tactics feasible in a in-character battle?

once per 200 issues??

he just used his board to absorb ravenous into during annihilation wave

Raoul

Why's it suddenly in-character for Surfer to go all out on Hulk when he holds back all the time?

kmc rules.

also, illuminati special says hulk kills, its why they blasted him into space...

Creshosk
Good to see asking people to provide proof is trolling nowadays. Ignoring forum rules is trolling these days. Hence why when I asked you to look at them, you said "why?"

You want to read those rules now? The characters fight to full capacity within the confines of their personality. The whole purpose of the VS forum is the characters are going to fight each other... asking "Why is he suddenly attacking his friend" in this forum constitutes as trolling.

He's attacking because its the VS forum. He's attacking to the best of his abilities because that's the forum rules.

If you think that he cannot do what I've outlined in the neutralize gravity and neutralize sound waves then you do NOT know about surfer and so are being dishonest.

If you wish to legitimately participate in these discussions, its advised that you both 1.) Have knowledge of the forum rules to know what is acceptable and what isn't, and thus stop dictating rules and stipulation in a thread that isn't yours (trolling) and 2.) have knowledge of the characters involved in the discussion you wish to participate in.

If you do not want to participate and seek only to disrupt as you've been doing then by all means, continue trolling. You will be continued to be reported until your behavior changes, you are banned or the thread is closed.

Take your pick. those are the options available to you. QUIT TROLLING.

B dot Rob
Ignoring forum rules is trolling these days. Hence why when I asked you to look at them, you said "why?"

Okay then, so can you please provide scans of Surfer removing someone's gravity mid-fight? Or would those tactics fall out of character because you can not do so?

Creshosk
Okay then, so can you please provide scans of Surfer removing someone's gravity mid-fight? Or would those tactics fall out of character because you can not do so? Read what other people post.

Reported for trolling.

B dot Rob
Hulk not killing is a recent retcon Amadeus Cho came up with in WWH. He's always calculating and holding back. His only known rampage to have caused death was the one in Vegas, where it was the collateral damage killing people and not Hulk himself.

B dot Rob
Read what other people post.

I have, and I have not seen scans to show where your scenario falls in character.

Which tells me Hulk has a better chance of getting mad enough to grab and throw Surfer's energy blasts back at him (he's grabbed energy before, broken it too, IIRC) then Surfer does of using your methods of incapacitation.

Hulk's actually grabbed energy (mid fight as well IIRC) before, has Surfer removed someone's gravity and manipulated their soundwaves?

bbrem123
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1075/fantasticfour07205ps3.jpg

Creshosk
I have, and I have not seen scans to show where your scenario falls in character.

Which tells me Hulk has a better chance of getting mad enough to grab and throw Surfer's energy blasts back at him (he's grabbed energy before, broken it too, IIRC) then Surfer does of using your methods of incapacitation.

Hulk's actually grabbed energy (mid fight as well IIRC) before, has Surfer removed someone's gravity and manipulated their soundwaves? Dude, stay out of fights that you know nothing about.

You know nothing about the surfer. This thread proves it.

Stay out of threads with the surfer.

YEah yeah, hulk has grabbed energy, Wolverine climbed out of a vat of molten steel, Storm flew on solar winds, and the toyman is a threat to Superman.

Don't mention PIS. and again.. read the forum rules.

B dot Rob
Okay, I know nothing about Surfer, whatever. Mind enlightening me and posting all those scans/instances of him fighting someone then subduing them using the means in which you've suggested?

Or is that tactic as in-character (CBRubbish) as Surfer creating mini black holes in Hulk's skull at __x's lightspeed?

B dot Rob
Why does Hulk grabbing energy qualify for PIS? Your suspension of disbelief stops when you have green giants with infinite strength dependent on attitude grabbing energy?

Creshosk
Okay, I know nothing about Surfer, whatever. Mind enlightening me and posting all those scans/instances of him fighting someone then subduing them using the means in which you've suggested?

Or is that tactic as in-character (CBRubbish) as Surfer creating mini black holes in Hulk's skull at __x's lightspeed? If you're from CBR and aren't going to abide by KMC rules, then go back to CBR.

And for the love of pizza sauce, quite using term incorrectly.

At any rate quit trolling.

Why does Hulk grabbing energy qualify for PIS? Your suspension of disbelief stops when you have green giants with infinite strength dependent on attitude grabbing energy? That's hypocritical of you.

But yeah. My disbelief stops when I'm expected to believe that someone is so STRONG that they can grab something made out of energy.

It's completely ignoring what the hell energy even is.

B dot Rob
I'm not from CBR, this is the only comic board I've ever posted on and the only other comic message board who's rules I'm familiar with.

So your suspension of disbelief deems it possible to remove gravity but not grab energy? Your suspension of disbelief is pretty wacky.

Now, are you going to stop trolling/baiting, or will you provide some instances of Surfer using your tactics in a fight?

Creshosk
Hey Papa Smurph. I'm going to put your socking trolling ass on ignore now.

Can't follow the rules about not socking, can't follow the rules about full capacity, can't follow the rules about trolling.

You go on ignore now. bye bye. wave

darthgoober

Hulk's actually grabbed energy (mid fight as well IIRC) before, has Surfer removed someone's gravity and manipulated their soundwaves?
I can think of several instances when Hulk grabbed energy so don't think I'm questioning that part, but when did he ever grab it and then "throw it back"?

B dot Rob
Originally posted by darthgoober
I can think of several instances when Hulk grabbed energy so don't think I'm questioning that part, but when did he ever grab it and then "throw it back"?

He hasn't. Like how Surfer has never removed someone's gravity and manipulated their thunderclaps energies.

batdude123

Can't follow the rules about not socking, can't follow the rules about full capacity, can't follow the rules about trolling.

You go on ignore now. bye bye. wave

That's not Papa Smurph.

Creshosk
That's not Papa Smurph. Argues just like him. *shrugs* he's a troll, so he still goes on ignore.

Galan007

You go on ignore now. bye bye. wave Reported for bashing. uhuh

Creshosk
Originally posted by Galan007
Reported for bashing. uhuh Pssh, a mod told me he was papa smurph, so calling him papa smurph shouldn't be an insult to him.

Galan007
Pssh, a mod told me he was papa smurph, so calling him papa smurph shouldn't be an insult to him. Reported for not catching the sarcasm. uhuh

Creshosk
Reported for not catching the sarcasm. uhuh So the implication that calling someone papa smurph,and thus papa smurph is an insult, is bashing is not what you were getting at? hmm

darthgoober
He hasn't. Like how Surfer has never removed someone's gravity and manipulated their thunderclaps energies.
Surfer may not have used those exact methods of victory before, but both are well within his established range of abilities and both fit his combat MO perfectly. Surfer uses tactics that play upon the weakness's and vulnerabilities often enough that it's hardly "out of character" for him to do so now. He may begin the fight just flying around blasting, but when that gets old he's always willing to do whatever's necessary to win.

bbrem123
ok everybody stop before the thread gets closed

Galan007
Nope. Just a sarcastic post uhuh" smilie].

Relax. Take a few breaths. smile

B dot Rob
I understand that, and Surfer can win by staying in-character and using his established in-battle abilities to the fullest. Removing Hulk's gravity, removing the air in his vicinity, and looking at him until he calms down (WWH doesn't calm down) or whatever seems as in-character as creating blackholes inside Hulk's skull.

Creshosk
Nope. Just a sarcastic post uhuh" smilie].

Relax. Take a few breaths. smile Ah I thought there was a joke at Papa Smurph's expense in there too. laughing out loud That's what I get for over thinking the situation.

Badabing
ok everybody stop before the thread gets closed Warned for pretending to be a mod.....

durelly stick out tongue

ultimatethor
WWH has no chance of winning against surfer period. evn without most of his powers, surfer is more durable and way faster. Current surfer also seems to be more ruthless so would probably not have too many problems with eliminating hulk.

darthgoober
I understand that, and Surfer can win by staying in-character and using his established in-battle abilities to the fullest. Removing Hulk's gravity, removing the air in his vicinity, and looking at him until he calms down (WWH doesn't calm down) or whatever seems as in-character as creating blackholes inside Hulk's skull.
But those things ARE "in character" for him because he often finishes off fights with exotic methods similar to those. Personally I've never seen the Hulk hit someone with the Leaning Tower of Pisa before, but I wouldn't say that it was "out of character" for him to do so in a forum fight because I've seen him hit his opponents with other large objects during fights on numerous occasions.

By the same token, I've never seen Surfer manipulate gravity on the battlefield to gain an advantage over his opponent during a fight before but I've seen him manipulate exotic energy types in other ways several times during combat so I don't consider it a stretch for him to do so here. You might be able to make the case that Surfer wouldn't think to use that tactic since he hasn't done it before, but you can't really say that it's the kind of thing he'd stay clear of if the need for it became apparent.

Creshosk
Goober, I wouldn't waste any more time on this guy. I get the feeling that to him the KMC rules are not "in character".

*points to the PIS rule that specifically cites examples that happen in the comics not being viable here.*

"Flash fights lasting more than three panels". So to the troll here it wouldn't be in character to fight at full capacity.

B dot Rob
But those things ARE "in character" for him because he often finishes off fights with exotic methods similar to those. Personally I've never seen the Hulk hit someone with the Leaning Tower of Pisa before, but I wouldn't say that it was "out of character" for him to do so in a forum fight because I've seen him hit his opponents with other large objects during fights on numerous occasions.

By the same token, I've never seen Surfer manipulate gravity on the battlefield to gain an advantage over his opponent during a fight before but I've seen him manipulate exotic energy types in other ways several times during combat so I don't consider it a stretch for him to do so here. You might be able to make the case that Surfer wouldn't think to use that tactic since he hasn't done it before, but you can't really say that it's the kind of thing he'd stay clear of if the need for it became apparent.

Ya but I think it's a stretch to say a tactic Surfer has never used in battle will be fully utilized in this fight, taking that tactic as the end all citing this is why Hulk can never beat the Surfer, then crying to a mod when someone asks you to actually show Surfer doing it.

Hulk has utilized weaponization in combat before, so it's probably safe to say he would use a weapon like a lamp post or car in battle. On the same token, I don't think you can claim Hulk would catch Surfer's energy beams and throw them back because he's held energy before. Just like how I don't think you can seriously claim Surfer will use a tactic in battle that through his 40 year career you can't find one instance of him using.

Creshosk
I wonder if hulk fanboyism causes or is a symptom of retardation.

If you take offense to this you're tacitly admitting to being a hulk fanboy. If you are not a Hulk fanboy, this does not apply to you. If this does apply to you, you should join your buddies in the bandom

darthgoober
Ya but I think it's a stretch to say a tactic Surfer has never used in battle will be fully utilized in this fight, taking that tactic as the end all citing this is why Hulk can never beat the Surfer, then crying to a mod when someone asks you to actually show Surfer doing it.

Hulk has utilized weaponization in combat before, so it's probably safe to say he would use a weapon like a lamp post or car in battle. On the same token, I don't think you can claim Hulk would catch Surfer's energy beams and throw them back because he's held energy before. Just like how I don't think you can seriously claim Surfer will use a tactic in battle that through his 40 year career you can't find one instance of him using.
You seem to be confusing tactics and the methods of their execution. Just as Hulk's used "weaponization" many times before, Surfer's used "Neutralization" many times before. See just as Hulk's shown it to be "in character" for him to hit his opponents with pretty much anything he can lift and has access to, Surfer's shown it to be "in character" for him to try to beat his opponent using exotic method's that render his opponent helpless without having to fight.

B dot Rob
Neutralization is a pretty broad term. Like when I read the last paragraph, it sounds to me like he can pretty much do anything in a fight even if we haven't seen him do it.

Pretty different from claiming Hulk will throw a car at Surfer because we've seen him do it (though I don't think that claim holds water for World War).

Badabing
I'm not even going to warn people. Use the ignore and stop abusing the report button. Haggis

batdude123
Don't say haggis.

illadelph12
smh...

Creshosk
Don't say haggis. You just said haggis.

batdude123
You just said haggis.

And?

Creshosk
And? Haggis.

batdude123
uhuh

lordmohahat
i would say surfer wins 999/1000 cos he can beat hulk in 999 different ways. hulk can beat surfer by smashing him. so surfer takes the majority by a mile. unless ss does something stupid like trying to slug it out jade jaws. cos hulk STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!

llagrok
uhuhHaggis

See? Haggis

janus77
What if Surfer decided to get really evil and take possession of Hulk, powers and everything?

he seems quite capable of killing people on the astral plane, why not possessing them?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Ambient
Would WWHulk survive a Planetary scale blast? Hmmm, im not sure..

Yes.

Originally posted by janus77
What if Surfer decided to get really evil and take possession of Hulk, powers and everything?

he seems quite capable of killing people on the astral plane, why not possessing them?

Hasnt Hulk deafeated peopl one the dream plane before?

llagrok
Hulk wouldn't stand a chance against surfer on the Astral Plane.

Hulk would remain the same, where as Surfer could do whatever he wants

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by llagrok
Hulk wouldn't stand a chance against surfer on the Astral Plane.

Hulk would remain the same, where as Surfer could do whatever he wants

I dont know the exact detials but I think Nightmare has tried to defeat the Hulk and got **** ed up.

janus77
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Yes.

Hasnt Hulk deafeated peopl one the dream plane before?
I think he's fought off Strange's attack and he beat Maestro Hulk there too.

but Surfer's just very very good on the Astral Plane, taking out a god or two iirc.

darthgoober
Neutralization is a pretty broad term. Like when I read the last paragraph, it sounds to me like he can pretty much do anything in a fight even if we haven't seen him do it.

Pretty different from claiming Hulk will throw a car at Surfer because we've seen him do it (though I don't think that claim holds water for World War).
It's no more broad a term than weaponization(which seems to includes any instances of hitting an opponent with ANYTHING). The simple fact of the matter is that the Power Cosmic allows it's wielder to do virtually anything and because of that anything that's in line with Surfer's personality is fair game for him to use in a forum fight. Since Surfer's shown it to be "in character" for him to neutralize his opponents and render them helpless on numerous occasions now, any method that allows him to do so(that doesn't run counter to his personality) is a viable method under forum rules just as it's viable for Hulk to hit an opponent with a heavy object whether he's ever used that particular object in combat in a comic before.

Badabing
It's no more broad a term than weaponization(which seems to includes any instances of hitting an opponent with ANYTHING). The simple fact of the matter is that the Power Cosmic allows it's wielder to do virtually anything and because of that anything that's in line with Surfer's personality is fair game for him to use in a forum fight. Since Surfer's shown it to be "in character" for him to neutralize his opponents and render them helpless on numerous occasions now, any method that allows him to do so(that doesn't run counter to his personality) is a viable method under forum rules just as it's viable for Hulk to hit an opponent with a heavy object whether he's ever used that particular object in combat in a comic before. QFT cool

Phantom Zone
I think he's fought off Strange's attack and he beat Maestro Hulk there too.

but Surfer's just very very good on the Astral Plane, taking out a god or two iirc.

What gods?

janus77
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
What gods?
I think he used an astral plane attack on UniLord. he also did it in a recent comic, iirc.

bbrem123
does anyone have scans of the fight between hulk and silver surfer from planet hulk?

darthgoober
does anyone have scans of the fight between hulk and silver surfer from planet hulk?
Sure...
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/6033/incrediblehulk95010km7.jpg
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/1075/incrediblehulk95011vp7.jpg
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1091/incrediblehulk95012rt5.jpg
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/3922/incrediblehulk95013aq6.jpg
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/328/incrediblehulk95014nr9.jpg
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4706/incrediblehulk95015bv3.jpg
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/7258/incrediblehulk95016hp1.jpg

bbrem123
so the surfer is better then hulk in hand to hand?

darthgoober
so the surfer is better then hulk in hand to hand?
Well Surfer's skill showings aren't numerous, but the few he has suggest that he's pretty formidable in h2h/melee combat...

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/6959/silversurfer1219cn4.jpg
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/6633/silversurfer1220ve8.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6994/silversurfer05910gg3.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6915/silversurfer05911hr8.jpg
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9651/silversurfer0591213qb4.jpg
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5686/silversurfer05914ui7.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1624/silversurfer05915iy9.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5687/silversurfer05916gz4.jpg
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/654/silversurfer05917kc9.jpg
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4827/silversurfer05918ur3.jpg

bbrem123
they had to use tactic to even hit him...and they even say thats the only way to win

and the surfer stopped fighting after his disk broke

i kno the hulk can get stronger as he gets madder, but cant the surfer just use his cosmic powers to match him in strength?

janus77
nope, eventually The Surfer will hit a limit. Hulk will just keep getting stronger.

imo, the smartest thing Surfer can do is attempt to genetically alter Hulk so that he cannot access that infinite energy resource any more.

Surfer has too many powers and too much speed to be caught by Hulk unless he goes in for a H2H fight, but Surfer doesn't have power sufficient to keep going in a H2H match with Hulk for very long.

bbrem123
nope, eventually The Surfer will hit a limit. Hulk will just keep getting stronger.

imo, the smartest thing Surfer can do is attempt to genetically alter Hulk so that he cannot access that infinite energy resource any more.

Surfer has too many powers and too much speed to be caught by Hulk unless he goes in for a H2H fight, but Surfer doesn't have power sufficient to keep going in a H2H match with Hulk for very long.

when has surfer shown a limit? and if he does i doubt they would even make it to that point

and by what is shown in the comic hulk doesnt have a chance in h2h...hulk needed distraction to get the better of him

they even say "give him another pass and we're dead"

ultimatethor
when has surfer shown a limit? and if he does i doubt they would even make it to that point

and by what is shown in the comic hulk doesnt have a chance in h2h...hulk needed distraction to get the better of him

Surfer will obviously only be able to amp his strength based on his PC. Since evn he has a limit to the amount of the power he can harness then he definitley has a limit 4 his strength amping, though it maybe ridiculously high.

bbrem123
Surfer will obviously only be able to amp his strength based on his PC. Since evn he has a limit to the amount of the power he can harness then he definitley has a limit 4 his strength amping, though it maybe ridiculously high.

yea exactly...i just cant see him making it that far even in h2h...cuz if the surfer wanted to he could amp his strength to max and take the hulk out far before the hulk could even get close to matching the surfers strength

janus77

that quote is by one of the warbound, not Hulk.
you should also recall that Hulk's healing and durability (as well as his strength) were heavily retarded by Sakaar's environs. just as Surfer was cut off from the Power Cosmic.

Surfer's got limits in terms of how much energy he can absorb, how much he can output etc... that's why he's Galactus' herald and not the otherway around.

Hulk has no limits whatsoever and has on-panel proof of infinite strength. we don't need to really drag this out much.

as an example of Surfer meeting his match in strength, I'd say the fight with Murungu (sp?) should suffice.

janus77
yea exactly...i just cant see him making it that far even in h2h...cuz if the surfer wanted to he could amp his strength to max and take the hulk out far before the hulk could even get close to matching the surfers strength
ain't happening imo.
Hulk doesn't require time to amp himself, he just needs to be sufficiently stressed by the situation. Onslaught's punches didn't KO Hulk, Surfer's best isn't either.

Surfer cannot win against Hulk, in a purely physical battle. no one can. it's just Hulk's thing.

jalek moye

in a purely physical battle. no one can. it's just Hulk's thing.
thats extremly debatable
i dont see him punching out galactus ever

bbrem123
im not sure about that either cuz they even said they were dead if they didnt trick him

bbrem123
and didnt he only break onslaught armor and get koed right after that...and onslaught was fine

janus77
Originally posted by jalek moye
thats extremly debatable
i dont see him punching out galactus ever
I hope that never happens, I'm no longer too sure about it (RedHulk/Watcher messed).

by "no one", I meant characters below Celestial levels (although there's no reason to suppose Marvel will respect celestial hierarchy no expression).

someone like Galactus is supposed to have infinite energies too. I assume that it's at a greater scale than Hulk.

Nihilist
and didnt he only break onslaught armor and get koed right after that...and onslaught was fine
yup,people seem to forget that.

janus77
Onslaught rationalised it after the fact, but then it just proves that Onslaught himself did not possess the strength to escape his armour. that only Hulk could smash it for him.

anyway, that's just one example, a far more straight-forward one would be either Samson's or Leader's scientific tests on Hulk, both of whom confirmed that he had infinite strength smile.

going back to the Sakaar battle thing, I repeat, it was the warbound who said it, it was shown quite often, that they underestimated Hulk. they knew nothing of what he could do. it took till long after Hulk and the warbound had 'bonded' for them to begin to realise what he was capable of.

bbrem123
Onslaught rationalised it after the fact, but then it just proves that Onslaught himself did not possess the strength to escape his armour. that only Hulk could smash it for him.

anyway, that's just one example, a far more straight-forward one would be either Samson's or Leader's scientific tests on Hulk, both of whom confirmed that he had infinite strength smile.

going back to the Sakaar battle thing, I repeat, it was the warbound who said it, it was shown quite often, that they underestimated Hulk. they knew nothing of what he could do. it took till long after Hulk and the warbound had 'bonded' for them to begin to realise what he was capable of.

ahh ic...but its not like he was arguing against the tactic as if he didnt need it to defeat the surfer...cuz he probably know he didnt stand mcuh of a chance

janus77
he was focussed on the battle, more annoyed with Surfer (his friend) fighting against him.

it was a pretty crappy scene, imo... Hulk should have been intelligent enough to see that the disc that was causing him to toe the line, was causing Surfer a greater deal of trouble (forcing obedience from Surfer, rather than just preventing him from escaping).

Ambient
Didn't the thread starter say no board?

If this was the case i would think that would put Surfer at a disadvantage
in this fight. Considers Surfers persons hed probably try to calm and figure out what cause all this rage, this is all the opening WWHulk needs to lay down some meteor shattering blows.. just my 2cents

jalek moye

in this fight. Considers Surfers persons hed probably try to calm and figure out what cause all this rage, this is all the opening WWHulk needs to lay down some meteor shattering blows.. just my 2cents
im not sure a couple of meteor shattering blows are gonna hurt surfur all that much.

Creshosk

in this fight. Considers Surfers persons hed probably try to calm and figure out what cause all this rage, this is all the opening WWHulk needs to lay down some meteor shattering blows.. just my 2cents And what's to keep Surfer from neutralizing Hulk in the mean time?

Ambient
im not sure a couple of meteor shattering blows are gonna hurt surfur all that much.
Maybe but of all Surfers durability his brain is still organic which still prone to concussions..

A couple shattering blows to the head like in the scan for example;

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6882/fight173uk9.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6044/fight174kv3.jpgOriginally posted by Creshosk
And what's to keep Surfer from neutralizing Hulk in the mean time?
Its a strait up battle, no energy manipulation..

This Hulk is far too brutal to give SS the chance to gather himself..

Creshosk
Maybe but of all Surfers durability his brain is still organic which still prone to concussions..

A couple shattering blows to the head like in the scan for example;

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6882/fight173uk9.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6044/fight174kv3.jpg And I'm sure hulk would be able to negate surfer's powers and would have that glow around his fist too right?

Tell me, how would Hulk combat a lack of gravity to be able to move and a lack of air to be able to thunderclap?

Once he's neutralized and unable to move due to a lack of leverage, the fight would be over in Surfer's favor.

Ambient
And I'm sure hulk would be able to negate surfer's powers and would have that glow around his fist too right?

Tell me, how would Hulk combat a lack of gravity to be able to move and a lack of air to be able to thunderclap?

Once he's neutralized and unable to move due to a lack of leverage, the fight would be over in Surfer's favor.
Do you think Surfer would suddenly pull out such move?

Take consideration his personality, and his fighting against a friend..
specially how they left off in their last encounter, he would be far more interested in finding out what befalls his friend (why is he so angry).. WWhulk has no such qualms. And like i said in my earlier post its all what Hulk needs to unleashed a barrage of attacks..

The glow is more like an amp to strenthen the blows.. Similar to Hulks amp in strenght via emotion (rage)..

jalek moye
i think in a physical fight they would be stalemated for a while. but when hulk wont calm down and talk surfer will start to utilize his other abilites and pull out a win

Creshosk
Do you think Surfer would suddenly pull out such move?Oh do I get to go through this whole "in -character" out of character" BS with another person who, rather than think objectively and listen to the rules such as the full capacity rule. Would rather ignore such forum rules in favor of allowing the hulk a win that he has only ever gotten once in the comics? And that was due to circumstance...

Oh joy!

Take consideration his personality, and his fighting against a friend.. Which is why he'll neutrilize the hulk without hurting him doped

specially how they left off in their last encounter, he would be far more interested in finding out what befalls his friend (why is he so angry)..Oh! Plot device!

Doesn't exist here on the forums. Characters are forced to fight each other. They fight each other. There is no why. You don't like it? Leave the vs forum.

WWhulk has no such qualms. And like i said in my earlier post its all Hulk needs..Of course we HAVE to bend the rules and make up stupid shit to allow the hulk to win! He cannot possibly lose because it'd make you cry.

do the rules make you cry? Do they?

I bet that full capacity rules makes you cry. You cry over the thought of the hulk being neutralized harmlessly since there is no obedience disc to force him into fighting melee. Plus he's not cut off from the power cosmic.

The glow is more like an amp to strenthen the blows.. Similar to Hulks amp in strenght via emotion (rage).. And this still answers why Silver Surfer has to fight melee rather than removing all of hulk's leverage, or altering his DNA to cut him off from his source of strength.

But no "HUC SMASH!" durhuc "HUC STRNGES WAN DER IZ!"

We have to discard those nasty rules and that nasty logic in order to give hulk a win he doesn't deserve. smile

illadelph12
Cresh...

Ambient
i think in a physical fight they would be stalemated for a while. but when hulk wont calm down and talk surfer will start to utilize his other abilites and pull out a win
Well i know Surfer could summon a shield but i dont think its something WWhulk couldn't break..

Anyhow i've based WWHulk winning for just that moment @ the beginning of the fight, the longer the fights last the more it favors Surfer..

Ambient
Oh do I get to go through this whole "in -character" out of character" BS with another person who, rather than think objectively and listen to the rules such as the full capacity rule. Would rather ignore such forum rules in favor of allowing the hulk a win that he has only ever gotten once in the comics? And that was due to circumstance...

Oh joy!

Which is why he'll neutrilize the hulk without hurting him doped

Oh! Plot device!

Doesn't exist here on the forums. Characters are forced to fight each other. They fight each other. There is no why. You don't like it? Leave the vs forum.

Of course we HAVE to bend the rules and make up stupid shit to allow the hulk to win! He cannot possibly lose because it'd make you cry.

I bet that full capacity rules makes you cry. You cry over the thought of the hulk being neutralized harmlessly since there is no obedience disc to force him into fighting melee. Plus he's not cut off from the power cosmic.

And this still answers why Silver Surfer has to fight melee rather than removing all of hulk's leverage, or altering his DNA to cut him off from his source of strength.

We have to discard those nasty rules and that nasty logic in order to give hulk a win he doesn't deserve. smile
LOL chil man..

darthgoober
Oh do I get to go through this whole "in -character" out of character" BS with another person who, rather than think objectively and listen to the rules such as the full capacity rule. Would rather ignore such forum rules in favor of allowing the hulk a win that he has only ever gotten once in the comics? And that was due to circumstance...

Oh joy!

Which is why he'll neutrilize the hulk without hurting him doped

Oh! Plot device!

Of course we HAVE to bend the rules and make up stupid shit to allow the hulk to win! He cannot possibly lose because it'd make you cry.

And this still answers why Silver Surfer has to fight melee rather than removing all of hulk's leverage, or altering his DNA to cut him off from his source of strength.

Cresh you can't really think that Roldz trying to be biased in favor of the Hulk do you? I mean come on, the guy's one of the few who ranks right up there with me as far as love for the Surfer goes...

Creshosk
Cresh you can't really think that Roldz trying to be biased in favor of the Hulk do you? I mean come on, the guy's one of the few who ranks right up there with me as far as love for the Surfer goes...
Originally posted by illadelph12
Cresh... Sorry, I'm still annoyed at that B dot rob guy who thinks that Surfer doing anything is "out of character"

Even though against the hulk he always does something to neutralize the hulk.
Be it draining his gamma radiation:

http://www.leaderslair.com/gammapeople/hulksmashes/hulk250-5.jpg

Or altering who and what he is, or even controlling his movements in other ways. Such as when he glided the hulk into a mountain and knocked him out.

The only time when Surfer got into melee combat with the hulk is on planet hulk. And that was due to a plot device.

jalek moye
Well i know Surfer could summon a shield but i dont think its something WWhulk couldn't break..

Anyhow i've based WWHulk winning for just that moment @ the beginning of the fight, the longer the fights last the more it favors Surfer..
i was going by his durability and speed plus he can amp his strenght to keep it equal or slighlty greater then hulks for a long time

Ambient
Originally posted by Nihilist
i suppose surfer doesnt get his board as well.
"Straight up fight to the death" i took that as h2h and without the board to help him well his in Hulks territory..
i was going by his durability and speed plus he can amp his strenght to keep it equal or slighlty greater then hulks for a long time
Thats why im basing WWHulks chance of winnin in the beginning of the fight, im beating on hulks onslaught of attack (@ 1st start) before Surfer kicks it in up a notch above him..

Creshosk
Actually the stipulations don't say that he doesn't get the board. Nihlist asked if he didn't get the board, but bbrem123 didn't say anything about him not getting the board.

Ambient
Yeah i just saw that..

Well that does it then..

His slim chances is even slimmer..lol

bbrem123
yes he gets his board...there is just no bfr or energy draining

ultimatethor
With his board SS would take it 10/10( He would probably always take it 10/10 evn widout it but easier wit d board). Board absorption is not enrgy draining.

BradBalboa
I just read worl war hulk today, but i still say surfer !!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.