sentry vs shaman nate grey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
who wins this?

Mindset
Sentry gets mindraped.

The Illuminati
Nate tries to enter Bob's mind and is eaten by the Void. Bob ftw.

llagrok
Sentry 7-8/10

naruto2424
nate all the way

IronFistPOWER
Nate

starlock
Shaman Nate Grey for the win

CaptainStoic
Does anyone remember what Ironman said to Doom when he was playing with Sentry's mind? I think Sentry would kill Nate and not even know that he'd done it, if the head games started.

Sentry ftw.

leonheartmm
sentry can beat shaman nate grey in power. however, the problem comes when we see that nate is probably one of the greatest telepaths in history, strong enough to defeat even xavier/thanos etc on the psychic plane. and even telepaths like emma frost have been able to mentally attack the sentry. i dunno about this battle, straight out, sentry takes it. technically however.....

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by leonheartmm
sentry can beat shaman nate grey in power. however, the problem comes when we see that nate is probably one of the greatest telepaths in history, strong enough to defeat even xavier/thanos etc on the psychic plane. and even telepaths like emma frost have been able to mentally attack the sentry. i dunno about this battle, straight out, sentry takes it. technically however.....

but if you mess with the Sentry's mind it could be like messing with a nuclear bomb. Ironman warned Doom about doing this, and the reprisals of his actions if Bob lost control.

naruto2424
what did ironman say to doom and plus doom is NO WHERE NEAR the telepath nate was

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by naruto2424
what did ironman say to doom and plus doom is NO WHERE NEAR the telepath nate was

Doom cast a spell which was messing with Bob's mind, and he nearly lost control of himself. Tony the told Doom that if he wasn't careful that Bob would destroy him without even knowing that he had done.

Sentry needs all of his mental faculties in order to hold his physical powers together as stated in his bio. Without total control, he is the porverbial walking bomb ready to detonate.

Mindset
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Doom cast a spell which was messing with Bob's mind, and he nearly lost control of himself. Tony the told Doom that if he wasn't careful that Bob would destroy him without even knowing that he had done.

Sentry needs all of his mental faculties in order to hold his physical powers together as stated in his bio. Without total control, he is the porverbial walking bomb ready to detonate.
I'm sorry, but I don't see that as a defense to disregard mindrape.

Apparently he can have his memory completely wiped out and not blow up and kill anyone.

iceman24567
Nate pounds Bob hard..yes i know what it sounds like droolio

Charlotte DeBel
Nate for the win. Sentry=Marvel's Mr Useless Plot Devise. The hype is being thrown all around, yet on-panel "feats" of him doesn't support it.

janus77
Sentry should one-shot him, using his superior speed. anything else and Nate wins.

llagrok
Nate permanently amplified his body to that of a class 100, if I'm not mistaken. So it would be hard for the Sentry to one-shot him. Nate isn't really a particularly experienced telepath though, he's powerful but I can't recall him messing with someone's mind.

Phantom Zone

I think that was a Thanos clone...................

llagrok

Context much?

Nate tried to enter Thanos mind and almost started crying....

Charlotte DeBel
In fact, they both have a ridiculous amouth of hype around them. The winner is the one who lives up to it more...

naruto2424
i think nate lives up to the hype more

Mindset
Originally posted by llagrok
Nate isn't really a particularly experienced telepath though, he's powerful but I can't recall him messing with someone's mind.
What are you talking about?

Flow01
ummm, you guys are whack.... Sentry 10/10, lets say nate mindrapes him! yay!!! now void comes out and whoops nates ass

guy222
SN

Lord Feron
Nate with ease...

Classic NES
Shaman. . . I think.

Mr.SunKing
nate

rotiart

Emma had problems dealing with a tiny sliver of the void personality. Cyclops had to step into deal with locking it away in his mind... Emma a powerful telepathy couldn't handle a sliver...

How would that compare with Nate?!

Sin I AM
Originally posted by rotiart
Emma had problems dealing with a tiny sliver of the void personality. Cyclops had to step into deal with locking it away in his mind... Emma a powerful telepathy couldn't handle a sliver...

How would that compare with Nate?!

pis

armedforbattle
Nate mindrapes the phuck out of that week feeble mind of bobs.

TheHulk
Sentry wins 6-7/10

Stoic
Bob destroys him.

ozz81
Bob..

Originally posted by armedforbattle
Nate mindrapes the phuck out of that week feeble mind of bobs. thumb up Grey stomps that whiny *****

Mshinu
Nate can make Bob self-bfr with a wink and "we were friends u and I"

If it comes to blows no one beats a SENTRY who wants to win however.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by Stoic
Does anyone remember what Ironman said to Doom when he was playing with Sentry's mind? I think Sentry would kill Nate and not even know that he'd done it, if the head games started.

Sentry ftw.

you are correct he wins 8/10 9/10

armedforbattle
Nate wipes some minds:
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4132/xman002large18.jpg
Nate showing he can put mental blocks to block access to superpowers
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9089/asm425p21.jpg
Turning off Magnetos powers
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4584/xmanannual1996page15ima.jpg
Here Nate simply tricks sentrys week mind into thinking they were once partners
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5272/darkxmen003008.jpg

I assure you Nate will either shut down sentrys power or simply block his ability to access his powers.

Nates durability isnt bad either
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6974/xman012large03.jpg

Nate shows his control over energy. Rips Xavier from the Astral plane
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3856/xman01015.jpg

yaadaveyaa
if sentry wants to win he wins end of story nate doesnt have the tp to take down sentry no one does sentry has some good tp feats himself

bbrem123
sentry stomps him.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
if sentry wants to win he wins end of story nate doesnt have the tp to take down sentry no one does sentry has some good tp feats himself
He is not on Nates level. Nate outclasses even Xavier.

bbrem123
nate admitted to being inferior...sentry is to much for him to handle

armedforbattle
How? Nate has taken down more powerful.

-Pr-
Void would win. Void-less Bob loses.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by -Pr-
Void would win. Void-less Bob loses.
thumb up as far as I know we are talking about voidless.
OP didn't say Void-Sentry.

Even voided out sentry would have trouble IMHO.

Mr.SunKing
Originally posted by bbrem123
Nate never stated such a things.

What he essentially stated was stated was that he did not feel like dealing with him at the moment

bbrem123
no^...he is just not stupid because he knows he would lose

yaadaveyaa
he'd lose to sentry and void both

yaadaveyaa
if hes fighting against just void this is a dumb thread its spite against nate sentry beats nate into the ground just not as badly

Mr.SunKing
no^...he is just not stupid because he knows he would lose
based on?

bbrem123
him saying it in the comic

Mr.SunKing
^in short you're just drawing rapid conclusions with no basis,
nothing left to discuss here

nonetheless, I don't see anything sentry could do to actually harm Nate

i'm leaning towards Mr X-Man

Mr.SunKing
*edit

bbrem123
nate says clear as day he would get his butt kicked and proceeds to sweat talk sentry so he bfr's himself....after he sentry leaves he fights the avengers and loses.

bbrem123
Originally posted by Mr.SunKing
^in short you're just drawing rapid conclusions with no basis,
nothing left to discuss here

nonetheless, I don't see anything sentry could do to actually harm Nate

i'm leaning towards Mr X-Man have you seen the comic? or no?

yaadaveyaa
ppl just hate sentry idk y hes pretty bad ass it'd make a great movie too get over it hes the clear winner in the fight he is in every way superior

Mr.SunKing
have you seen the comic? or no?
I have the comic guy, Nate's statement was not concrete what so ever to imply that Sentry would of defeated him.

Norman, a few panels earlier stated Nate may very well match the sentry. Nonetheless, how exactly would Sentry attack Nate in his psi form?

Even if Sentry were to utilize his molecular abilities ( has he without the Void persona?and if so, has it been consistent?) considering energy is not composed of molecules, I see no means of Sentry actually having the physical means of harming him. And to Add, Nate can simply reform.

His abilities are very exotic, and he has numerous applications, plus monstrous telepathy.

Mr.SunKing
Ah, i see the scan now, slipped me, that's on me. When he stated, "i'm clearly going to get my butt kicked" the way it came off, it seemed as if he were talking to all of the avengers given their numbers, it came off as rather sarcastic IMO. Sentry seriously has no way of physically harming him

yaadaveyaa
he'd have nate in pieces fairly quickly actually your assuming nate automatically just gets to go straight into his psi form he gets to just automatically use his tp against him all before sentry has a chance to break him if they fought sentry would have him broken in seconds before nate could do ne thing his matter manip puts him leagues out of nates league

"Id"

Nate admitted to no such thing.

Its the other way, Norman knows very well that the Sentry and X-Man are well match.

bbrem123
Norman doesnt know anything...he thinks sentry is death itself

nate says he is no match...ill go with that because thats all we have to go off of....as well as ares being a threat to nate, when sentry rage stomped ares.

iceman24567
Nate wins the vast majority

bbrem123
actually if this is just average sentry he loses more often then not due to his gaping va jj

armedforbattle
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
ppl just hate sentry idk y hes pretty bad ass it'd make a great movie too get over it hes the clear winner in the fight he is in every way superior
Just because we won't give Sentry the win over ANYBODY like you do; doesn't mean we hate him. I just think he is overrated (power wise)

JakeTheBank
Most people who hate Sentry don't hate him for his power levels, but rather because his character was horrendous after Bendis got his hands on him and often at the expense of other characters.

Mr.SunKing
Norman doesnt know anything...he thinks sentry is death itself

nate says he is no match...ill go with that because thats all we have to go off of....as well as ares being a threat to nate, when sentry rage stomped ares.
Ares wasn't even serious a threat. It was explained why ares was capable of following Nate. all of that aside. Nate played them all until the PIS got involved. Even made it appear as if he "died"

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by armedforbattle
Just because we won't give Sentry the win over ANYBODY like you do; doesn't mean we hate him. I just think he is overrated (power wise)

ive voted against him several times just not against a herald like ss surfer loses horribly its just humerous to watch ppl try and argue against it when there is literaly no competition is all

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Most people who hate Sentry don't hate him for his power levels, but rather because his character was horrendous after Bendis got his hands on him and often at the expense of other characters.

i could prob agree with that i think hes so over powered its not funny and ppl hate him for it but thats not his fault bob is a baller

Tony Stark
SENTRY wins spite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.