Yu-Law versus Morpheus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Yu-Law

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg183/jedibeastie/junk/yu.jpg

And Morpheus

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg183/jedibeastie/junk/mor.jpg

Yu-Law at full strength, as he was at the end of "The One", Morpheus with all of his martial arts skills, OUTSIDE the Matrix. He is just as fast and as strong as he is while in the Matrix, but they are fighting on neutral ground.

No guns, just hand to hand combat. They face off is a random dojo. Who wins?

Alpha Centauri
Morpheus relies on the Matrix for his powers. When will people realise you can't just take people out of it? What was honestly NOT learned in the other thread?

-AC

Blax_Hydralisk
That doesn't matter in vs. fights AC. If the thread starter says that Morpheus has the same speed, strength, and abilities outside of the Matrix as he dos inside, for the purpose of this fight. Then that's how it is. It's similiar to how Jedi can use force powers in fights even though they get there powers from the force, which is like the matrix, in that it only exists in there own universe. So if you take a Jedi and have hm fight outside of his own universe then he's as strong as a normal person.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Morpheus relies on the Matrix for his powers. When will people realise you can't just take people out of it? What was honestly NOT learned in the other thread?

-AC This is why I SPECIFIED Morpheus is NOT in the Matrix.

As for the rest of your post, see what Blax said.

Alpha Centauri
Oh, so basically, he still has all of his abilities to cheat reality and whatever else?

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Oh, so basically, he still has all of his abilities to cheat reality and whatever else?

-AC No, just his martial arts knowledge. Speed and strength too. None of the reality cheating crap. Let's allow him to be able to defy gravity and jump obscene distances though.

Dark-Jaxx
...Well that is the only way he really defies reality in the movies.

Rogue Jedi
Well I am right on then. haermm

I believe Yu Law will take Morhpeus, he seems stronger.

Alpha Centauri
Future requirement: Know about the Matrix/characters prior to making threads.

-AC

Dark-Jaxx
Though I don't really see why you are taking him out of the MAtrix but still giving him the abilities he has out of it. Seems redundant.

Rogue Jedi
Future requirement: Know about the Matrix/characters prior to making threads.

-AC Well share then. Thats what the thread is for, explaining why you would think this or that person would win.

ragesRemorse
if down with the sickness is playing, Morpheus doesn't have a chance.

I say Law, he just seems so much faster and stronger than Morpheus. The greatest feat i have seen morpheus do was jump really high. I saw Law, grab two motorcycles and stop them in their tracks without budging. He out ran vehicles on foot and also ran up walls, like morpheus.

Alpha Centauri
Yu, he seems to have better combat ability.

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Though I don't really see why you are taking him out of the MAtrix but still giving him the abilities he has out of it. Seems redundant.

Precisely, but it falls on deaf ears.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Yu, he seems to have better combat ability.

-AC If you don't like the thread them don't post, it's quite simple.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
if down with the sickness is playing, Morpheus doesn't have a chance.

I say Law, he just seems so much faster and stronger than Morpheus. The greatest feat i have seen morpheus do was jump really high. I saw Law, grab two motorcycles and stop them in their tracks without budging. He out ran vehicles on foot and also ran up walls, like morpheus. Yeah, that poor cop he crushed. laughing out loud

Darth Creasy
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
If you don't like the thread them don't post, it's quite simple.

yes ...and Morpheus wins. I remember Yu being stronger but his durability was normal human, yes? Meanwhile it's implied that Morpheus has perfected every known martial art and has enhanced strength.

Yu's strength advantage just isn't great enuff to offset Morpheus skill set. no

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Creasy
yes ...and Morpheus wins. I remember Yu being stronger but his durability was normal human, yes? Meanwhile it's implied that Morpheus has perfected every known martial art and has enhanced strength.

Yu's strength advantage just isn't great enuff to offset Morpheus skill set. no Morpheus's durability is no higher than Yu's, is it?

ragesRemorse
Yeah, that poor cop he crushed. laughing out loud

and then some....,dude never had a chance laughing out loud

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Darth Creasy

Yu's strength advantage just isn't great enuff to offset Morpheus skill set. no

well, if the law's get stronger as more and more die, their durability would naturally increase as well

Devil King

If the point is made that the thread-starter assumes some measure of responsability for the conversation and then, via-experience, the rules of logic are tossed out on that same merrit one would assume you wouldn't participate in a thread that is meant to bait those people who realize the absurdity.

Rogue Jedi
crylaugh

Darth Creasy
Morpheus's durability is no higher than Yu's, is it?

Doubt it...probably less. But he did take a ridiculous amount of punishment from the agents. The same agents who punched thru walls and lept with enough force to crush cars beneath them.

Rogue Jedi
Morpheus got pwned in that bathroom by one agent.

Alpha Centauri
Morpheus got pwned in that bathroom by one agent.

Yes, because he was in the Matrix and Agents, until Neo, were always a step ahead of anyone in it, due to being its programmers.

Like I said, future requirement for these threads: Know about what you're discussing.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Yes, because he was in the Matrix and Agents, until Neo, were always a step ahead of anyone in it, due to being its programmers.

Like I said, future requirement for these threads: Know about what you're discussing.

-AC We are discussing Morpheus's and Yu Law's durability, who can take more punishment.

Doubt it...probably less. But he did take a ridiculous amount of punishment from the agents. The same agents who punched thru walls and lept with enough force to crush cars beneath them.

See? Perhaps, if all you are gonna do is question the thread, you should keep your snide remarks to yourself.

Alpha Centauri
Yes, and then you said he got whooped by an agent in the Matrix, as if that's a reflection on his abilities as a fighter.

Keep them to myself? Perhaps, or perhaps you should remove my need to make them by not being wrong.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Just saying, if all you are gonna do is ***** and moan about what the thread is about, why bother?

Have you even seen "the One?"

Alpha Centauri
Yes, but let's bear in mind I'm not saying Yu would lose. I'm saying using characters from The Matrix is redundant.

Those kind of movies only exist because The Matrix does. It's even called "The One".

-AC

Rogue Jedi
I gotta say, and dont take offense to this, but that post is without a doubt the biggest load of dung I have seen in quite some time.

Alpha Centauri
Why would it be offensive? You often take a dislike to things that prove you wrong or things you don't understand. It's nothing personal toward me.

How so? Using characters from The Matrix is redundant, and that movie caused a shit load of rip-offs, of which The One is one.

What part was dung?

-AC

Rogue Jedi
The part where you said the phrase "The One" was spawned by the Matrix. You sure about that?

Alpha Centauri
I said these kind of movies only exist because The Matrix does.

Obviously The Matrix itself has its influences, but the whole cyberpunk, bullet time, wire-work revival all comes from The Matrix, including The One.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Well, bullet time was exploited by John Woo, you gotta admit that.

Alpha Centauri
Slow-motion, not bullet time as used in The Matrix.

Some techniques were actually made for that movie.

-AC

jaden101
the technique used to produce the bullet time effect (namely the use of many cameras all firing shots at minute intervals and then a computer adding in CGI shots to knit them together) was actually 1st used in an advert to film a bird taking off from water (among others)...although back then it was known as timetrack and was invented by dayton taylor...this was in 1994 and is, technologically, the same set up as what was used in the matrix

Alpha Centauri
Bullet-time's on-track camera set up had been used, but not in a movie or anything to the best of my knowledge.

The following movies were said to have debuted new CGI techniques.

Either way, movies like The One were absolutely ripped-off of The Matrix. They were also, unlike The Matrix, shit.

Except Equilibrium, that was decent.

-AC

jaden101
yeah the CGI interpolating of the shots hadn't been done before...just the basic shots so it always looked jerky

it was supposedly also used by Gondry in a Bjork video..."army of me" but i've never bothered to check to what extent

and i have to agree..."the one" was dire...and equilibrium was good but stylistically too based on the matrix...particularly the grammaton cleric's clothing

jltruth
Yu Law wins....Faster and Stronger....Whoever says otherwise needs to watch The One again...I guess Alfha is saying Wanted and Superman Returns is a rip off of the Matrix also...Equilibrium I can see that being a rip off

Alpha Centauri
If you doubt that Wanted, the movie, is a rip-off in terms of visuals, then I suggest cleaning your eyes.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jltruth
Yu Law wins....Faster and Stronger....Whoever says otherwise needs to watch The One again... thumb up WAY faster, WAY stronger.

jltruth
I guess that means everythings a rip off of the Matrix

Rogue Jedi
I wouldn't say rip off, I would say following a trend.

dadudemon
Either way, movies like The One were absolutely ripped-off of The Matrix. They were also, unlike The Matrix, shit.

Except Equilibrium, that was decent.

-AC

I couldn't agree more with the quoted material.

I really really loved equilibrium. I have a "wath that shit one time" rule. I have watched VERY few movies more than once. Equilibrium was one of those: The Matrix, also.

I liked "The One" but it wasn't as good as I expected.

Now, on topic, I thing Yu-Law would rape the shit out of Morpheus.

Rogue Jedi
Only an agent or Neo could defeat YuLaw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.