Point System Battle: Batman vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
in straight 1on1 combat bats can't win. too many advantages to wolverine who is SUPERHUMAN. but, in this case, the winner is dependent on who scores better in h2h combat. scoring is based on contacts. killing blows are worth more than simple strikes.

simple strikes are 1 point, killing blows are 3 points. wnner is first to 25 points.

who wins? how close is it in terms of score do you think?

Doctor-Alvis
This sounds even less favorable according to your description of the two.

batdude123
Batman is able to land some of the most deadly strikes "in all of the fighting arts" in quick succession.

I think in these circumstances, Batman takes it.

horrorwolf
Batman for sure.

snoopdogg
I'm going with Batman.

Flow01
Batman.

Scoobless
Originally posted by leonidas
in straight 1on1 combat bats can't win. too many advantages to wolverine who is SUPERHUMAN. but, in this case, the winner is dependent on who scores better in h2h combat. scoring is based on contacts. killing blows are worth more than simple strikes.

simple strikes are 1 point, killing blows are 3 points. wnner is first to 25 points.

who wins? how close is it in terms of score do you think?

When you say "killing blows" do you mean shots that would kill a human or shots that would kill Wolverine?

BruceSkywalker
Batman

Battlehammer
tie or wolverine

Batman-Prime
Batman

Warrior18
I would say wolverine, because IMO they are close in skill, but wolverine still has his speed advantage. Faster hands=more points for logan.

leonidas
Originally posted by Scoobless
When you say "killing blows" do you mean shots that would kill a human or shots that would kill Wolverine?

they'd kill a normal person.

Creshosk
Do blocked strikes count as a strike or only those that land on the head/torso? Would attacks directed at the arms and legs count even is blocked?

leonidas
Originally posted by Creshosk
Do blocked strikes count as a strike or only those that land on the head/torso? Would attacks directed at the arms and legs count even is blocked?

strikes must land, only in this case they do NOT incapacitate. assume a perfect judge is ruling over the match and calls out the points as blows land.

leonidas
can't believe jinzin hasn't given an opinion yet . . .

whistle

Creshosk
strikes must land, only in this case they do NOT incapacitate. assume a perfect judge is ruling over the match and calls out the points as blows land. So does intentionally attacking body parts other than the torso count? like a sweep kick, or snap kick to the back of the knee for example.

leonidas
Originally posted by Creshosk
So does intentionally attacking body parts other than the torso count? like a sweep kick, or snap kick to the back of the knee for example.

yeah, any attack that could potentially cause harm or incapacitate even briefly. but it has to be cleanly landed to score the point.

carnage52
batman has greater knowlege of presure points and how to damage them.

Juntai
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I'm going with Batman.

Starscream M
does logan get to use his claws or not? I think that might be determinative

srankmissingnin
Wolverine.

leonidas
Originally posted by Starscream M
does logan get to use his claws or not? I think that might be determinative

no. pure h2h. skill v skill.

batdude123
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine.

... loses. We know. evil face

janus77
Wolverine should win this pretty easily - he's god knows how old, trained in who knows how many fighting arts and far more agile, with keener senses and far faster reaction times... Batman won't get a chance no expression.

occultdestroyer
Nice match-up.

But I'm still rooting with Batman 6/10

Juk3n
Wolverwienner takes 6/ for reasons alredy stated - aglity / reaction time/ xp and knowledge - close though.

Obsidian Fury
in straight 1on1 combat bats can't win

confused

Creshosk
Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
confused In a straight one on one combat Wolverine has his healing factor and claws. Meaning ALL of his strikes with his fists can be considered incapacitating if not lethal, plus with his healing factor any damage that Batman does will be healed off. Batman doesn't have such an advantage. At least as far as melee combat is concerned. Now here Wolverine's healing factor isn't a factor. as points scored do not go away. Plus Wolverine doesn't get to use his claws. So this is just off of pure skill.

Obsidian Fury
Oh, melee. Yeah, Wolverine got bats there.

batdude123
Originally posted by janus77
Wolverine should win this pretty easily - he's god knows how old, trained in who knows how many fighting arts and far more agile, with keener senses and far faster reaction times... Batman won't get a chance no expression.

laughing out loud

jinzin
can't believe jinzin hasn't given an opinion yet . . .

whistle Hey the only thing that my vast and useless comic book knowledge could possibly help me be informed of about this battle is one clear and simple thing.....

Punisher wins. no expression

batdude123
Originally posted by jinzin
Hey the only thing that my vast and useless comic book knowledge could possibly help me be informed of about this battle is one clear and simple thing.....

Punisher wins. no expression

Well one thing's for certain... Punisher's will power is >>>>> everybody else considering he preformed surgery on himself. mhmm

brainchild81
Originally posted by janus77
Wolverine should win this pretty easily - he's god knows how old, trained in who knows how many fighting arts and far more agile, with keener senses and far faster reaction times... Batman won't get a chance no expression. That's it more or less. Wolvie FTW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.