Good, no Robin to show up in a Nolan Batman movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/02/christian-bale-rules-out-robin-for-batman-3-and-beyond/

Endrict Nuul
Old news...

Mr Parker
yeah old news.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Myth
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/02/christian-bale-rules-out-robin-for-batman-3-and-beyond/

Tis old news, but welcome news

Bat Dude
Robin done right would add a whole new layer to the Bruce Wayne character... So at some point, I'd like to at least see Richard Grayson... But not yet...

Myth
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Robin done right would add a whole new layer to the Bruce Wayne character... So at some point, I'd like to at least see Richard Grayson... But not yet...

Maybe, but not with Bale as Batman.

I didn't realize I messed the link up, so for those too lazy to copy and paste:

Pretty funny comments by Bale if you ask me.

BruceSkywalker

What I wouldn't mind see happen. Chris Nolan could introduce Dick Grayson at some point and the spin him off into his own film.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Myth
Maybe, but not with Bale as Batman.

Really? But they look like they were meant for each other!

http://astolath.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/darkknight.jpg

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/HPO/10605~Batman-Forever-Robin-Posters.jpg

Same pose and everything laughing

D_A_R_E

I agree with this completely.

Mr Parker

I agree.It would be nice to see him in a sequal at some point,just not quite yet.If done right,Robin would be a great addition,the problem before was O'donnel was about the worst candidate possible to play the role,cant think of too many people out there who are that much of a worse actor than him.To top it off he was way too old for the role so people have that horrible memory to go by and automatically assume Robin would be bad for a Batman sequal.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by D_A_R_E
I agree with this completely.

same here as well. smile

P23
robin is as queer as the senator larry craig.... this new batman franchise needs to stay solo with batman only.

Devil King
Robin done right would add a whole new layer to the Bruce Wayne character...

What layer would that be? Creepy billionaire pedophile?

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Devil King
What layer would that be? Creepy billionaire pedophile?

No, teacher/mentor/father figure...

Scythe
Robin can be done, he could even kick ass, I believe it's possible, but they'll most likely blow it.

But look at Bumblebee in transformers, they made him kick ass, and trust me...Bumblebees not kick ass. . .

Devil King
No, teacher/mentor/father figure...

Sounds like a catholic priest to me...

Bat Dude
Sounds like a catholic priest to me...

Not my fault you think about that sort of thing...

Anyway, yeah, they can make a good, believable Robin... Maybe a Nolan Robin could be the Batman 89 for Robin in terms of making him a serious character...

Devil King
Not my fault you think about that sort of thing...

And it's not my fault you can't take a joke.

SelinaAndBruce
For the most part I prefer loner Batman. I do believe Robin could be done correctly in the films but I just prefer my bats the way he is. By himself.

Bat Dude
You guys are all thinking he'll be a "side kick", but why not go the route they've gone in the comics?

Have him be a close ally to Batman... Let Robin kinda do his own thing, taking down the small time thugs and such, while Batman takes the Mafia bosses and psychos... And when necessary, have Robin and Batman work together on very large cases...

That way, you still have Batman as a loner character, but you also get what is imo, a vital part of his character development, and that's the mentor part...

Myth
Give Robin his own movie. That way if he sucks, he doesn't bring Batman down with him. It could be sort of a "testing the water" type thing.

Devil King
I am satisfied that Mr. Grayson will not be given the chance to dillute the Nolan version of Batman. So I will be satisfied that this is all talk and pipe dreams. Good riddance to Robin. I will not miss him.

Bat Dude
I am satisfied that Mr. Grayson will not be given the chance to dillute the Nolan version of Batman. So I will be satisfied that this is all talk and pipe dreams. Good riddance to Robin. I will not miss him.

When people say they want Robin in a future film, they're talking about this kind:
http://dreamers.com/dcsecretfiles/robin.jpg

Not this kind:
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_04/batmanMOS_228x320.jpg

I don't see why Robin gets so much hate... If you use him the way I've described (let him do his own thing fighting small time thugs and making the save for Batman when need be) he'd be a pretty kool character... If you make him an ally, and not a side kick, he works in a more realistic backdrop...

Of course, he can't be going out doing this stuff as a kid... Around 16-18, as I've described... Then past 18, he becomes Nightwing, and then the Robin-Haters don't have to deal with him ever again...

Devil King
When people say they want Robin in a future film, they're talking about this kind:Not this kind

Other than campy 60's lingo, I don't see much of a difference.

Emil Blonsky
I'm actually glad there won't be any Robin in this franchise. For once Batman needs to have an incarnation where there are no team-ups.

ScarletSpeed
Danny Devito would have made a better Robin than O'donelllaughing out loud

to be honest the only reason I would want Robin to be involved is so we could eventually have Nightwing.

Endrict Nuul
I heard Oldman, Bale and Nolan saying no to Robin on ET today. There will be a Batman 3 but Nolan hasn't picked a villain yet. Oldman said he wants the Riddler.

Myth
I can't imagine how Riddler would work in Nolan's style. Maybe make it like Se7en where they are trying to track down the guy based on his clues, but the Riddler just isn't badass enough to follow up Joker and Two-Face. I would be cool with just bringing back Two-Face. Maybe bring back Scarecrow as long as he isn't overdone in The Dark Knight. If he has a large part (which I doubt), then keeping Scarecrow wouldn't be a good idea.

Bat Dude
Other than campy 60's lingo, I don't see much of a difference.

I'll give you a hint:

One of them does his own thing and is involved in his own stuff (Teen Titans, at one point Young Justice, his own enemies/rivals), so he isn't always following Batman around...

And the other, well, does the opposite of all of that...

And I pray to God that Riddler isn't in the next Batman movie...

Devil King
I'll give you a hint:

One of them does his own thing and is involved in his own stuff (Teen Titans, at one point Young Justice, his own enemies/rivals), so he isn't always following Batman around...

And the other, well, does the opposite of all of that...

And I pray to God that Riddler isn't in the next Batman movie...

Well, I appreciate you assuming I don't know the difference in the three characters who've played Robin, but the character of Robin has not been my point. His involvment in the movies has been my point...any of them.

Emil Blonsky
I don't want the Riddler, either. He's cool, but I want Two-Face.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.