Iron Man vs Jack Hawkmoor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
Fight in NYC

Using the city as armor is not allowed.

Who wins?

Prime#
Jack should win this with ease

llagrok
Originally posted by Prime#

Agreed.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Prime#

Nah, no-one is winning this fight easily.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Using the city as armor is not allowed.

This is the only thing keeping it from being a stomp. Jack should still take the vast majority.

occultdestroyer
Iron Man.

Who the f*** is Jack Hawkmoor? He's just a lousy member of The Authority?
Show us some of his feats.

You pitted a 'nobody' against someone with the toughest armor around that can only be rivaled by Doctor Doom?

blink

llagrok
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Iron Man.

You pitted a 'nobody' against someone with the toughest armor around that can only be rivaled by Doctor Doom?

blink
A nobody? lmao

BlackJackal
That 'Nobody' is the King of Cities.
How would poor Tony do is Jack dumped all of NYC's electrical power through his armor all at once ?

Endrict Nuul
Iron Man.

blink

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=484278&highlight=authority+forumid%3A98

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by BlackJackal
How would poor Tony do is Jack dumped all of NYC's electrical power through his armor all at once ?

The best way of kill yes Though one of many, this one is the most sadistic and effective.

Jack 8\10. Armour\"golem mode" isn't allowed, but if defensive phasing is, then it's 9\10.

Charlotte DeBel
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=484278&highlight=authority+forumid%3A98

Jack section of that will be updated soon (if it wasn't already, were the feats from the last number of Jack's LS posted?).

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Jack section of that will be updated soon (if it wasn't already, were the feats from the last number of Jack's LS posted?).

There wasn't much of note. All his major stuff is already there, so it's not like a "meh" scan or two will do anything in regards to this match.

I'd also appreciate you not promising to others that I'll update my threads ( wink ). 1-2 issues doesn't constitute enough of a need. If anything, I'll update in a year or two when they all have enough new stuff to talk about.

Iron Man.

blink

Heh. Ignorance ftw! If you haven't seen it, it never happened.

thumb up

Thanks though. This gave me a good chuckle.

Innerhype
Originally posted by BlackJackal

Get powered up of course.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Innerhype
Get powered up of course.

...then phase his brain into concrete, punch him repeatedly with entire city blocks and skyscrapers, and increase his density to the point where he can throw down with heralds. And also heal instantly from anything Tony does to him.

Nice try, but IM's outmatched here. Written properly, he'd never even see jack.

Endrict Nuul
Ah crap......I didn't check the tiers before I made this....

occultdestroyer

"His strength is approximately three times greater than a normal humans."

What the f**k?

laughing

llagrok

What the f**k?

laughing

And?

He could just have a pair of city blocks turn into arms....

You're so ignorant it's sad.

Doctor-Alvis

What the f**k?

laughing
How strong is Hal Jordon?

Jack's thing is he uses the city as a weapon.

Charlotte DeBel
Three times?

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/217/shotahawksmoor004006bv5.th.jpg

The bio is a bit inaccurate, darlings. The funny thing in the scan above is that's technically depowered Jack (connection to the city cut off, only physical stats left).

And sorry for suggesting you an update just for that thingy, Digi...

guy222
jack

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
...then phase his brain into concrete

Jack can't phase people, I don't actually think he can phase himself, it seems that what he does is get the buildings to move around him to let him through (at least that would make some kind of sense given his powerset)

punch him repeatedly with entire city blocks and skyscrapers

And if Tony were to be flying above the reach of these buildings?

and increase his density to the point where he can throw down with heralds.

Had trouble against a big robot recently ... and in Dreamwar Superman only commented that he "felt" Jack's punch. Which herald level people are you talking about?

And also heal instantly from anything Tony does to him.

Instantly? no, eventually? sure but maybe not quick enough.

Nice try, but IM's outmatched here. Written properly, he'd never even see Jack.

That's what his numerous scanning devices are for.

Iron Man can destroy a hell of a lot of the city which could cause a psychic backlash as well as take away Jack's weapons.

Jack has been known to have trouble with airborne threats before:

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/913/authority0211wp1.th.jpg

Just as well Apollo was there to save him - stick out tongue

Iron Man's targeting is a hell of a lot better than Kaizen Gamorra's thugs, as is his firepower.

Just pointing out that this is not the stomp that a lot of you seem to presume and that Jack may not be winning at all.

Charlotte DeBel
As for big robot thing...the only "trouble" was in depowered state, and even then Jack managed well.

Flight? Two words- gravity control. Though he has more feats in department of repelling stuff, it's not impossible for him to do the reverse thing.

Scanners? In merged with the city state? Tony's tech is not THAT advanced.

More rebuttals with scans would be posted later.

Scoobless
He was only "depowered" in the sense that he couldn't connect properly with the city, he still had control of his own bodies powers including the density thing.

Not sure what gravity control stuff you're talking about so I can't comment on that.

Galan007
Couple questions/comments here..

1.) As for that 'overload Tony with a city's electricity' attack. I am extremely hard pressed to see something like that working. Why? Because I don't see a city's electrical output as something > the upgraded/pure energy version of Living Laser .

2.) Jack is a tangible being, correct? So what's stopping Tony from encasing him in a force-field, and simply removing him from the urban setting?

3.) As for phasing Tony into things, or whatever - Ghost tried something like that - it didn't work. See, Tony has safeguards against intangibility/phasing attacks.

The Illuminati
Iron Man is the majority winner here, Jack isn't anywhere near herald level. He's quite overrated in my book.

llagrok
Originally posted by Galan007
2.) Jack is a tangible being, correct? So what's stopping Tony from encasing him in a force-field, and simply removing him from the urban setting?

That wouldn't cut him off from his connection to the city.

And whenever he's teleporting into a city he's being "reborn" there, so I doubt that BFR would be a viable tactic.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
He was only "depowered" in the sense that he couldn't connect properly with the city, he still had control of his own bodies powers including the density thing.

Not sure what gravity control stuff you're talking about so I can't comment on that.

He phased himself and Angie before into San Francisco, and also phased a group of soldiers into Paris. He can and has. He's also walked through walls in the White House and popped out of a building wall once when he was tracking down a speedster.

The gravity reference that CD made is that he can lessen or heighten the affects of gravity within a city on anything he chooses. He's used this to float through cities before. It's not quite flying, but it's the next best thing.

And Superman feeling a punch is more than enough for me to believe that Tony would do more than "feel" it. But that's non-canon. I was trying to refer to him using parts of the city as arms, though I phrased it poorly.

Scoobless
He phased himself and Angie before into San Francisco, and also phased a group of soldiers into Paris. He can and has. He's also walked through walls in the White House and popped out of a building wall once when he was tracking down a speedster.

I still think the buildings/streets/whatever move around him, or the people he wants them to swallow, rather than him actually phasing anything ... unless he's ever been shown to pass through a non building/city related object ... like, for example, a person, tree or mountain (something not man made)

Endrict Nuul
I still think the buildings/streets/whatever move around him, or the people he wants them to swallow, rather than him actually phasing anything ... unless he's ever been shown to pass through a non building/city related object ... like, for example, a person, tree or mountain (something not man made)

A Valid point..

Charlotte DeBel

The gravity reference that CD made is that he can lessen or heighten the affects of gravity within a city on anything he chooses. He's used this to float through cities before. It's not quite flying, but it's the next best thing.

And Superman feeling a punch is more than enough for me to believe that Tony would do more than "feel" it. But that's non-canon. I was trying to refer to him using parts of the city as arms, though I phrased it poorly.

That also was shown to have offensive purposes- like repelling a bunch of aliens in that scan:
http://img490.imageshack.us/my.php?image=authorityv200409rougherdv0.jpg
It's theorised that "sucking" people underground takes a reverse version of that effect, so... unless Tony manages to get to geostationary orbit and launch a PIS Scrullbolt-destroying "omni-nuke" attack (PIS because it makes as much sence as some silver age "tech" and was out of blue and WTF in otherwise respectworth Tony arsenal)- and that would be kind of self-BFR, I don't think he takes that wast of majority. As long as they're technically in the city area, at least.

And it's as close to phasing as it can be.

http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=authorityv200203roughersh9.jpg
The explosive devise etc was absolutely nullified. No breakout happened.

http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=c0410uv5.jpg
Those guys didn't break out of trap as well.

DigiMark007

Fair point, but all the examples I mentioned seem like phasing to me. The wall didn't move in the White House, for example. He just walked through it.

The scans Charlotte showed seem to confirm that even if it isn't phasing in the strictest sense (which I still maintain that he can do based on the examples I mentioned) it has the same affect.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.