Surfer w/power gem vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who win. Is this the 1st time that surfer would be able to take a win from thanos.

Bouboumaster
Thanos statlemated Thor with the PG but bersek.

Surfer with this would be soooo dangerous.

I give 7/10 to the Surfer.

ultimatethor
Id say surfer. The PG would make him unbeatable by any below skyfather level charcter

janus77
Surfer should be more of a challenge for Thanos than he is in comics (not saying Surfer should win), but with the Power Gem, I think Surfer would win every time.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer should be more of a challenge for Thanos than he is in comics (not saying Surfer should win), but with the Power Gem, I think Surfer would win every time.

Don't think he would win "every time", but yeah, it's safe to say that he would win by a majority. smile

ultimatethor
Being with the power gem does not guarantee that u can use it effectively. Hell look at drax. But the surfers definitely used to that sort of power and should be able to draw on it far better than either drax or WM thor. If he can do that thanos is in shit. Surfers already nearly infinite set of powers would receive a rather significant boost.

janus77
Surfer or anyone with Cosmic Awareness, should naturally be able to use the Gem to maximum effect. it's a perfect marriage, as far as I can see it.

usually Surfer looses to Thanos in outright power, in smarts, in durability and ruthlessness. with the PG, Surfer would be Thanos' superior in power and durability (Surfer's upgrades already brought him close to par with Thanos) all that's lacking is ruthlessness and sunning; given that Surfer's not a complete idiot he should be able to take out Thanos when he has so much power at his disposal.

ultimatethor
How would SS with the PG do against odin or mephisto

Erik-Lensherr
Definitly Surfer.

janus77
Originally posted by ultimatethor
How would SS with the PG do against odin or mephisto
given Thanos managed to survive a pretty angry Odin I think Surfer w/PG wouldn't be in any particular trouble.
it's just that we never saw Thanos actually stretch Odin's defensive abilities... it was more a case of Thanos taking everything Odin threw at him... so difficult to say but I'm "cautiously optimistic" that Surfer could beat Odin a few times, maybe even for a majority.

as for Mephisto, I figure every time Surfer "beat" him it was because Mephisto couldn't conquer Surfer's soul rather than physical power. the PG isn't going to change that imo, Mephisto's still going to be too powerful (somewhere in-between SkyFathers and Galactus).

guy222
norrin

lannfear
hmmm so SS with power gem could beat Odin for majority..but not Mephisto?....
cheers
eek!

Priest
Its funny that Thor couldn't beat Thanos with the PG, but Surfer can beat him 10/10...

TheGame17
Originally posted by Priest
Its funny that Thor couldn't beat Thanos with the PG, but Surfer can beat him 10/10...

I think that's because Silver Surfer > Thor....

Priest
Originally posted by TheGame17
I think that's because Silver Surfer > Thor....
Sure Surfer>Thor in ur opinion, but if Thor couldn't beat Thanos, i don't understand why Surfer can take every fight erm...Unless if people think Surfer can beat Thor 10/10 under normal circumstances confused .

Oh btw, as a Silver Surfer fan, I'll give Thor the majority.

Mindset
Sure Surfer>Thor in ur opinion, but if Thor couldn't beat Thanos, i don't understand why Surfer can take every fight erm...Unless if people think Surfer can beat Thor 10/10 under normal circumstances confused .

Thor doesn't have cosmic awareness, they believe SS would be a lot more proficient with the PG.

Priest
Originally posted by Mindset
Thor doesn't have cosmic awareness, they believe SS would be a lot more proficient with the PG.
Cosmic awareness didn't help Surfer when he fought Thor erm

These hypothetical threads make no sense, technically if we're using our abilities to the fullest, Spiderman would beat Thanos with the powergem...

DigiMark007

These hypothetical threads make no sense, technically if we're using our abilities to the fullest, Spiderman would beat Thanos with the powergem...

Not really. It's how the character would utilize the gem. Just because the gems are potentially infinite doesn't mean that every character would automatically use them as such. CIS is valid...though the "S" (stupidity) doesn't quite send the right message. It wouldn't be stupidity, just the inability of pretty much ANY character to use them to full potential.

ultimatethor

I doubt surfer ccan take thor 10/10 but he would be able to use that gem more efficiently considering that thor was evn in warrior madness while using the gem

DigiMark007
Originally posted by ultimatethor
I doubt surfer ccan take thor 10/10 but he would be able to use that gem more efficiently considering that thor was evn in warrior madness while using the gem

...which might have actually hindered his ability to use the gem properly. He definitely wasn't using it as well as he might have, though he was taking it to Warlock, Surfer, and briefly fought Thanos as well (with no conclusion).

I'm inclined to give this to Surfer. Remember Champion with the gem? Thanos had to outsmart him...he was too powerful with it. Surfer would undoubtedly use it better.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by DigiMark007
...which might have actually hindered his ability to use the gem properly. He definitely wasn't using it as well as he might have, though he was taking it to Warlock, Surfer, and briefly fought Thanos as well (with no conclusion).

I'm inclined to give this to Surfer. Remember Champion with the gem? Thanos had to outsmart him...he was too powerful with it. Surfer would undoubtedly use it better.

Exactly and with surfers existing powerset him having and using the power gem efficiently would be really dangerous.

Mindset

Cosmic Awareness would help SS better understand how to utilize the power of the power gem, is what they are saying.

How does the fact that it did not help SS fight Thor have anything to do with that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.