Beat Generation/Hippies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

demon-lllama
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Generations

1957-1964 (as birth years)

"Tweener, also known as Generation Jones, is the generation born between the Baby Boomers and Generation X. Tweeners are primarily the offspring of the Silent Generation; mostly they were children in the 1960s, and teens in the 1970s.

Disco Generation born 1958-1960, this generation was in its late teens when Saturday Night Fever, Disco, and Charlie's Angels were popular. This generation wore cuffed bell bottoms, high-waisted pants, and platform shoes."

Of all the things I did in the past year, at one level, I found that watching the music video "Kiss Me" (Sixpence None the Richer) was most enriching. Since my mother and aunt are born after 1958, I found it pretty neat, but my father is born in 1950.

KidRock
I dont know what the point of the thread is but I think the 70's and 80's were shit, I wouldn't have wanted to live back then.

Too many hippies in the 70's and the 80's just looked boring as shit.

demon-lllama
Originally posted by KidRock
I dont know what the point of the thread is but I think the 70's and 80's were shit, I wouldn't have wanted to live back then.

Too many hippies in the 70's and the 80's just looked boring as shit. I seriously want a 90s comeback, as well. Shiny plain pastel and white leather, tall same color boots, Celine Dion & white blond & maroon hair, plain fitted lime green Ts, and all black outerwear.

The only things I like about today might seem like today itself at first glance, that you can do and wear anything and it's perfect and the designs encompassing every style and age.

ragesRemorse
i want a 30's come back. legal Cocaine and marijuana, free and open sex, making deals with a handshake, barber shop shaves, iconic gangsters, top hats, pin stripe suits and old timey boxing.

Schecter
you could still get a shave at a barber shop

ragesRemorse
yeah, but it's hard to find a barbershop that gives a real barbershop shave.

Schecter
yeah, they all do them fake barbershop shaves...

...?

demon-lllama
When I think, I am thinking of the Middle East and other cultures.

Yea, barber shops make ******************************* sense.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The posts in this thread are among the weirdest I've ever read.

dadudemon
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i want a 30's come back. legal Cocaine and marijuana, free and open sex, making deals with a handshake, barber shop shaves, iconic gangsters, top hats, pin stripe suits and old timey boxing.

A big effing ditto there. Ahhh...to be livin' in those days...minus the depression.

Schecter, I'm a tad confused. A straigh edge shave is a straigh edge shave. Why do you call it fake?

Yes, barber shops still exist.

The problem is you can't shave someone unless you have a barber's license. A cosmetology license won't do. Most "hair" places are filled with people that have a cosmetology license and not a barber's license. The virtual perfection and ease of the personel razor has made barber's shave tasks all but antiquated. It is hard to find a barber these days.

A barber that actually and regularly shaves faces is few and far between. They are still around (There's are like 12 places in OKC that have licensed barbers) but there are many more hair styling shops now that do the majority of hair care.

AngryManatee
'70s would be great for me, with the 5.0 Liter Group 4 class race cars and the Group C class that came later on.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by dadudemon
Schecter, I'm a tad confused. A straigh edge shave is a straigh edge shave. Why do you call it fake?

Hahaha, you should have ceased typing after that initial sentence.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo

sad

cry

crybaby

Schecter
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo

dont pick on the handicapped

thats my job

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by dadudemon
sad

cry

crybaby

From the first monkey with a tool to this ^

Evolution in action, baby!

Originally posted by Schecter
dont pick on the handicapped

thats my job

As you wish, sir.

BackFire
I would have like to have lived during the love revolution, so that I could get laid with great ease.

Also, I would love to have lived through the 70's simply because of the massive amount of outstanding horror classics that I could have experienced.

demon-lllama
The Beat/Hippie Generation in reality is 1958-1960.

The lines they cut for themes are too short. I don't see what's happened in the more recent past other than a "baby boom" + hippie or beat generation and their offspring.

You can mark off 1983-1988, as well, as an anime/Harry Potter generation. 1989-1990 as a separate class its own, "echo boom." 1991-1994 as a special Charlie and the Chocolate Factory age. The rest is history.

Lol, so it's like 1940-1960 is beat/hippie generation. 1970-1990 is like their echo boom. I personally don't want to be an echo boom, however, at age 22.

The Beat/Hippie thing I'm into still is the born around 1958-1960 thing. If you meant the 1940-1970, I'm into it, but in a different way.

Their offspring in the 1991-1992 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory time acts like a Beat/Hippie offspring.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.