My Walter is missing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Friday, July, 4, Raeann, Maddie, and our pit bull, Walter, went to a fireworks show to our local park here in our town. I opted to sit at home since my work day had been utterly tiring and brutal.

When the fireworks began, Walter became very frightened and ran away. He was on a collared leash, but he managed to slip out of his collar which had his name and our numbers on the tag.

I have never been so worried over an animal as I am now. I love my dog very much. The one thought that keeps me up at night is the fact that Walter has, literally, every night of his 1 year alive, slept at the foot of our bed. Now, I wonder, if he is even still alive, if he is starving and cold and scared as he is all alone.

We've put up flyers and bulletins. All we can do is hope for the best.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Here is my boy:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/Matts001-1.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/walter.jpg

@st
Aww man, thats terrible. Im hoping everything turns out alright. I think the only time something like this happened to me I was really little, I dont really remember.

Rogue Jedi
Well, maybe offering a slight reward will increase the chances of someone calling.

Keep your head up, Mattie, I am sure he will be home before you know it.

Impediment
I've upped the reward to $500.

@st
Originally posted by Impediment
I've upped the reward to $500.

That should do it, no one would pass that up if they see the dog.

Rogue Jedi
Someone will call. yes

FallenxAngel
I'm sorry about that. My dog escaped the yard once, about two weeks later some guy phoned us and said that he had found him.

AbnormalButSane
I'm terribly sorry about that. I hope it all goes all right.

Phucked Up
Hope you guys find him. yes

=Tired Hiker=
Have you checked the pound yet? That's the first place I'd look. Animals go missing all the time on the 4th of July. My news station just did a story on it warning people to keep their pets inside. Yeah, go check the animal shelter, dude.

Impediment
We've called the local animal shelter and the City Dept to see if they have picked up any animal carcasses that resemble Walter.

Raeann told me that her co-worker spotted a brindle/white blue-nose pit bull in the local Wal-Mart area. We've been looking there for some time.

=Tired Hiker=
I hope you find him, yo.

The Grey Fox
Really sad to hear that he's missing, I really hope he turns up soon. Dogs have a good sense of direction home, so maybe he'll turn up on his own accord if nobody calls soon. Really hope you find him.

Rogue Jedi
We've called the local animal shelter and the City Dept to see if they have picked up any animal carcasses that resemble Walter.

Raeann told me that her co-worker spotted a brindle/white blue-nose pit bull in the local Wal-Mart area. We've been looking there for some time. Dont jump the gun and assume he is dead, dogs have a way of surviving.

Impediment
True, but I still worry about how scared he must be.

Toku King
I'm so sorry. I hope you find him.

Toku King
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Dont jump the gun and assume he is dead, dogs have a way of surviving.

Yup. Dogs can be extremely resourceful.

Ax3l
I am reminded of a little movie called Homeward Bound.

=Tired Hiker=
http://www.petrescue.com/library/find-pet.htm

Half way down this site is where it talks about visiting animal shelters in person.

Scythe
I wish you the best Matt.

guy222
Good luck Matt

Piggle Humsy
Yes, I hope you find him and he's ok cry

We lost our dog before, well when I worked as a nanny they lost their dog and she was missing for about a week, we thought that was it, but the husband was walking to work and just so happened to bump into someone walking her, they had found her on the estate we lived on and taken her in, and were hoping if they walked her around enough someone would recognise her! big grin

and then we lost our dog when he broke out of our garden and about a week later we went looking in the pounds and he was in there, apparently he had just climbed into the back of some womans car while she had the door open so she took him to the pound laughing out loud

didn't seem to care much when my brother went and got him laughing out loud
he was all like "oh, are we going, ok whatever" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also I saw a thing on tv about a woman who lost her dog and found him in a pound a few miles away 10 months later!!!

so don't give up hope because you never know!

hug

Nivvy
All the best in finding your pup! I've had people come around and leave the gate open because of their laziness in closing it. So a lot of my dogs in the past got out, and i knew the second i saw the gate open they'd be on the main road...

My friend's dog was a Bulldog, and she was left in the car for a few minutes while the driver got out to check a car sale. When he returned the window had been tampered with, the dog was gone. I was with my friend when her father came back, with tears streaming down his face - and he simply said - Somebody's taken her...

It makes your heart drop. Dogs to me are like children, seeing as i don't actually have any children myself. I'd kill somebody for trying to take my dog if i came across it.

BlackSunshine
I have been literally sick about this. I really hope we find him. I want him here with us! I'm scared for him. I'm afraid that somebody picked him up and is gonna be mean to him. sad He doesnt deserve that. He needs to be here where he belongs. sad sad

Dark-Jaxx
Shit man I hope ya find him. Sucks losing a good dog.

Ax3l
God damn it. I'm really sad about this. I hate when this crap happens. We have signs all over my apartment complex for a missing dog. It bums me out every time I see it.

Best thing to do is stay optimistic.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
I have been literally sick about this. I really hope we find him. I want him here with us! I'm scared for him. I'm afraid that somebody picked him up and is gonna be mean to him. sad He doesnt deserve that. He needs to be here where he belongs. sad sad

I hope you and Matt find him. Or maybe he will come home by himself. I wish you guys the best of luck.

Kelly_Bean
Friday, July, 4, Raeann, Maddie, and our pit bull, Walter, went to a fireworks show to our local park here in our town. I opted to sit at home since my work day had been utterly tiring and brutal.

When the fireworks began, Walter became very frightened and ran away. He was on a collared leash, but he managed to slip out of his collar which had his name and our numbers on the tag.

I have never been so worried over an animal as I am now. I love my dog very much. The one thought that keeps me up at night is the fact that Walter has, literally, every night of his 1 year alive, slept at the foot of our bed. Now, I wonder, if he is even still alive, if he is starving and cold and scared as he is all alone.

Here is my boy:

I have a similar situation.

When I was younger my mother and I were out skating and for some odd reason we had the dog in the garage (pomeranian)(she's deceased now) with the door open for her to get air but we had one of those doggy gates up. I believe the reason was because my Dad was on 3rd shift and the dog barking would wake him up while he was sleeping so we had to put her out there. Anyway, the dog slipped through a crack or knocked down the gate and when we got home I thought I'd never in my life see her again. This dog was my pride and joy ever since the first day we brought her home (and she always will be) as well as my best friend so I was completely devastated. I don't know how long it was before we got her back but I know it was hours. My brother had gone off looking for her and I was standing outside and I watched him bring her back. Apparently someone else had already claimed her because he had to take her out of the arms of a little girl who began to cry when he did so.

Pray (or wish, rather, since you are not religious) that your dog is not stupid enough to run out in front of a vehicle. My dog has done it and she was about 6 feet from getting crushed under a large truck tire because she saw a guy walking a rottweiler across the street and decided to run after it.

WrathfulDwarf

Here is my boy:

I told you that new kitten was evil...EVIL!!!!!!!

FoxMeister
He's probably been picked up at some sort of pound by now

Neo Darkhalen
Sorry to hear about this Imp, i hope you find him safe and well.....good luck.

BlackSunshine
I put a lost ad in the local paper today they said it will run for 3 days. Tonight Matt and I are gonna put together fliers and put them all over Huntsville.

BruceSkywalker
I put a lost ad in the local paper today they said it will run for 3 days. Tonight Matt and I are gonna put together fliers and put them all over Huntsville.

With luck someone will have saw him and then you guys can find him and bring him home.

chillybanana
Good luck, I really hope you find him safe and sound.

Syren
I really hope you guys find him, best of luck hug

~Wålshy~
good luck on finding him, be optimistic.

=Tired Hiker=
Have you guys physically gone to the animal shelters and/or pounds yet? You have to go in yourself and ask and look around. show them pics of your dog. Don't just call them, the person answering the phone isn't going to know or be able to ask everyone if they have the dog. The dog might be in the shelter, or it could be in the drop off area, or the sick ward. You really have to investigate in person.

Kumori Okami
Best of luck to you both, I hope he turns up.

Impediment
Thank you to everyone for the support.

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Have you guys physically gone to the animal shelters and/or pounds yet? You have to go in yourself and ask and look around. show them pics of your dog. Don't just call them, the person answering the phone isn't going to know or be able to ask everyone if they have the dog. The dog might be in the shelter, or it could be in the drop off area, or the sick ward. You really have to investigate in person.

We have a personal friend who works in our local animal shelter. She will keep an eye out for Walter.

I'm gonna make a flier tonight with Photoshop and make copies to post around Huntsville.

Impediment
Is this new flier I made good enough, you think?

Impediment
Damn it. It didnt load the flier.

Hang on.

=Tired Hiker=
Hey, what is the name of your town and state?

Impediment
Huntsville, Texas.

Impediment
Here you go:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/walterflierkmc.jpg

Impediment
I blacked out our numbers so I dont get any prank calls from you degenerates. 131

=Tired Hiker=
Here you go:

Well, if I find it, how the f**k am I supposed to call you! mad

Impediment
Use The Force. yes

BruceSkywalker
Here you go:

Thats a good flier Matt. Hope Walter is found safe and sound.

Impediment
Thanx, G.

Neo Darkhalen
thats a good flyer, hope you find him or get him back soon.

Shelbert Lemon
Thats terrible. Poor Walter. Hope he is found and in good health. Best of luck guys.

Impediment
Thanx, babe.

BlackSunshine
I printed out all the fliers this evening and myself and a friend of mine are going tomorrow to put them around town and we're gonna stop by the animal shelter as well. A friend of ours works there and someone who just so happens to live in our neighborhood works at the animal shelter as well.

Kelly_Bean
Nice flier. I'm not trying to bring your hopes down at all but pitbulls are wanted by a lot of people. It would seriously suck if your dog has trailed off into the hands of someone who is seriously looking for a nice pitbull. Or if someone sees the fliers and sees the "non-aggressive" text, they may keep him for themselves. I surely hope not though. sad

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Nice flier. I'm not trying to bring your hopes down at all but pitbulls are wanted by a lot of people. It would seriously suck if your dog has trailed off into the hands of someone who is seriously looking for a nice pitbull. Or if someone sees the fliers and sees the "non-aggressive" text, they may keep him for themselves. I surely hope not though. sad

THAT MAY BE TRUE BUT WE DID NOT HOWEVER PUT THAT HE IS MICROCHIPPED. SOOOOO IF SOMEBODY BRINGS HIM TO A VET AND TRIES TO CLAIM HIM AS THEIRS HE WILL BE SCANNED FOR IT AND OUR INFO WILL IMMEDIATLEY POP UP AND THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LEAVE WITH THE DOG AND WE WILL BE CONTACTED.

Röland
THAT MAY BE TRUE BUT WE DID NOT HOWEVER PUT THAT HE IS MICROCHIPPED. SOOOOO IF SOMEBODY BRINGS HIM TO A VET AND TRIES TO CLAIM HIM AS THEIRS HE WILL BE SCANNED FOR IT AND OUR INFO WILL IMMEDIATLEY POP UP AND THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LEAVE WITH THE DOG AND WE WILL BE CONTACTED.
Kelly got swerved.

Hope everything goes well Imp and Black Sunshine, I know what it's like to lose a pet.

BlackSunshine

BruceSkywalker
You guys will be in thoughts tonight. I hope you find him real soon.

darthsith19
I hope you find your dog. Your story brought a tear to my eye. That is a cute dog.

Kelly_Bean
Is caps necessary?

It's sexy when you yell. It shows you care. awesome

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Is caps necessary?

It's sexy when you yell. It shows you care. awesome

stick out tongue

eyes

Kelly_Bean
So have you had any phonecalls at all come in? sad

BlackSunshine
The newspaper put in the ad and I've had 1 phone call so far. The girl was asking where we had lost him but she was just giving me some ideas of where else we should look and if she saw him she would call me.

Kelly_Bean
The newspaper put in the ad and I've had 1 phone call so far. The girl was asking where we had lost him but she was just giving me some ideas of where else we should look and if she saw him she would call me.
Oh. I do hope you find him. cry

How does Maddie feel about this?

dadudemon
That really sucks. He looks like such a nice dog. One that you sit down and watch the game with. Man, that really sucks. I hope you find your boy.

Jericho Zerø
Just checking in to see how it was going, thus far. Best of luck to the both of you in finding Walter.

Strangelove
Wow. I've never really had a dog, so I can't really feel like I know what you're going through, but I can imagine how heartsick you guys are. Best of luck. If he gets as far as Northern Indiana, I'll be all over him. stick out tongue

chillmeistergen
I'm actually pretty upset about this. Every time you've posted a picture that had Walter in it, I admired what a nice looking dog he is.

Good luck with the search and I hope you find him safe and sound.

Syren

Cue inappropriate comment: you're sexy when you're angry petpet

I hope you find him soon guys, the flier's definitely going to help. Fingers and toes are crossed hug

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by Syren
Cue inappropriate comment: you're sexy when you're angry petpet

I hope you find him soon guys, the flier's definitely going to help. Fingers and toes are crossed hug

thanks babe. smile We're putting fliers out today.

BlackSunshine
Yesterday I was told that Walter was spotted by one of the prison units. Its on the other side of town about 10 minutes from my inlaws. Of course as soon as I got the call I jumped in Matts car to go look for him. I drove around the unit and everything. I drove around for at least 2 hours but I never saw him. I had both windows down yelling for him going about 5mph. People were getting mad but oh well.

Jericho Zerø
Hopefully things will pick up soon. Keeping you guys in me thoughts. Keep us up to date, and I hope everything turns out alright for both of you and Walter. I don't buy into religion, but I'll say a prayer, anyway. For the thought.

Defeatedz
-Tn3q_0CiYo

Nivvy
We posted fliers at the local swimming pools here, kids were leaving messages with the receptionists on possible sightings for my friend's dog that went missing. The amount of feedback was astounding. Perhaps a local recreational area would help?? If you haven't done so already.

Ryo 666
Its been a year but did you find him?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.