Darth Bane, Revan, Darth Vader vs. NJO Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

caedusrulesall
I know NJO Luke is like a complete god, but can these three take him on? And if so, for how long?

It's RoT Bane with orbalisks, post Battle of Rakata Prime Revan, and pre-suit Vader versus NJO Luke.

Saber
Force
All Out

How does it go? I think probably Luke, but what do you think?

Blax_Hydralisk
Team 1 definitely wins.

None of then could solo, however.

Elite Hunter
Team 1 wins all three

Dr. Styles
Luke gets absolutely massacred, while none of these enemies could probably beat him alone they'd all push him to the brink individually.

Gideon
Originally posted by Dr. Styles
Luke gets absolutely massacred, while none of these enemies could probably beat him alone they'd all push him to the brink individually.

Pardon? Are you implying that there's a decent chance that either Bane, Vader, or Revan have a decent chance of defeating him individually or "push him to the brink"?

Dr. Styles
Not really, but if Caedus can give Luke hell I'm sure the three listed (whom each have something over Jacen in one area or anther) could do the same. While Luke is definitively the strongest, thanks to the LOTF authors its not impossible for any of the top tier characters of SW to give him a run.

Autokrat
Luke shits out a black hole and then throws it at the deadly trio, end of fight. Afterward he goes and rezes Mara for a celebration party.

Darth Sexy
Not really, but if Caedus can give Luke hell I'm sure the three listed (whom each have something over Jacen in one area or anther) could do the same. While Luke is definitively the strongest, thanks to the LOTF authors its not impossible for any of the top tier characters of SW to give him a run.

Caedus gave him a run for his money because Luke had to protect Ben from turning to the dark side. We all saw what happened when Luke got serious. He held Jacen up with the force without moving his hands, and Jacen couldn't do anything about it. The mere suggestion that any of these would give him that much trouble is outright hilarious. Not to mention, Jacen was deemed more powerful than Vader.

Faunus
Not really, but if Caedus can give Luke hell I'm sure the three listed (whom each have something over Jacen in one area or anther) could do the same. While Luke is definitively the strongest, thanks to the LOTF authors its not impossible for any of the top tier characters of SW to give him a run.Jacen's "command of the Force" had surpassed that of the older Darth Vader, so he'd tool the pre-Mustafar incarnation in that regard, and considering how he fights it's more than possible that he'd take a lightsaber duel as well.

ThoraxeRMG
Team One, with difficultly.

Darth Exodus
I don't know how good Luke deals with teams, but I doubt it would matter. Team one for all three.

Please elaborate.

Spartan 063
i know that bnes orblisk armor can stop force lightning but would it stop emerald lightning?

if it does work, bne dies instntly, then Luke cn easily beat revan and vader.

Blax_Hydralisk
I thought Bane's armor was specifically weak against lightning?

Darth Exodus
It can absorb a certain degree of lightning.

Master Crimzon
Luke doesn't stand a chance. It won't exactly be a curbstomp, though.

To elaborate, both Bane and Pre-Suit Vader are incredibly skilled lightsaber prodigies (I'd personally put Caedus and Anakin roughly on par with each other in a lightsaber match), and should both, possibly, be able to not get exactly get WTFpwned in a lightsaber duel with Luke Skywalker while fighting individually. Together, they beat Luke rather handily in lightsaber combat.

The force fight? While non exactly come close, Bane and Revan are both known to be immensely talented practioners of the dark side, implying that they could, possibly, be able to overpower Luke's defenses in a force fight. Or maybe not. I'd give Luke a slight chance to defeat them in a force fight.

All-out? I'd reckon the Team certainly wins, unless Luke uses Emerald Lightning to take out Bane before the fight actually begins. If so, he would probably defeat Revan and Anakin.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Spartan 063
i know that bnes orblisk armor can stop force lightning

No

Originally posted by Darth Exodus
It can absorb a certain degree of lightning.

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
No

Even vs the assassins he falls to his knees when their force pikes hit and then after the duel on tython, Caleb and Zannah, use a charge needle to remove the orbalisks from Bane's body. If he is hit by Luke's lightning he is gone.

Darth Exodus
Those force pikes were set at lethal levels and there were five of them. One force pike would probably have killed him, five was overkill. But the orbalisks absorbed enough of the charge for him to only be momentarily stunned.

How powerful is Lukes lightning? Is it at lethal levels?

Darth Sexy
It instantly killed a Vong slayer.

Darth Exodus
Thanks. cheers

truejedi
if you leave bane out of it, replace him with almost anyone else, except for sidious, and then i think you would have to give it to luke. Vader would be hard pressed to compete against NJO luke at all, We known next to nothing about Revan's abilities in hand to hand combat, and then its all about your third member.

tulakhordpwns
Luke loses

Gideon
Skywalker loses a lightsaber fight, certainly. But he outclasses all three in Force potency and nothing suggests that they would make a cogent team; Anakin can be tossed aside handily with the Force, eliminating the severe threat he poses as a lightsaber duelist. Bane's orbalisks would fall to Skywalker's potent "emerald lightning", capable of instantly killing a Vong Slayer (specifically, the Supreme Overlord's obscenely deadly caste of bodyguards). So in a strict Force fight, the trio might prevail due to their numbers and their own prodigious skill. But in an all out fight? I'm not certain.

Master Crimzon
Is it really certain that Bane wouldn't be able to block Emerald Lightning, though?

Gideon
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Is it really certain that Bane wouldn't be able to block Emerald Lightning, though?

Not if and when Luke takes his lightsaber away from him. Bane doesn't compete with Skywalker, you've been reading too much into Nebaris's arguments.

Master Crimzon
Don't worry, I acknowledge Luke Skywalker as the most powerful force user in the SW mythos. And Bane, individually, may be able to 'compete' in a pure lightsaber duel, but he really doesn't stand a chance in a fight with Luke.

So, you think Luke will be able to use the force to disarm Bane? If so, Bane will die (without his lightsaber, I know he doesn't compete with Luke). Anakin and Revan will most likely die against Luke, especially considering the fact that Revan's lightsaber skills are virtually unknown. And as you said, while Anakin is a threat in a lightsaber duel, his lack of force defenses can get him to get ragdoll'd rather quickly.

The thing is, I'm not certain Luke can just use the force to "WTFpwn!" anyone on the trio before they close up on him and decimate him in a lightsaber duel. It seems plausible that the one he will take out is Anakin, thanks to his lack of force defenses- and Bane and Revan vs. Luke? I don't know if he can beat a Bane who is pounding at his defenses while Revan is launching all sorts of force attacks as him. Not exactly sure, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.