A stupid contact lens question ~awesome~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kelly_Bean
Erm..if you wear contact lenses please reply.

I have the last of a prescription contact lens, something like Acuvue Oasis (or whatever) with hydraclear and when I went (a long time ago) to the optometrist he said that they only last a month and then they need to be thrown away. So does that mean that even if I don't open the contact container everyday for a month that I have to get rid of them after a month or does that mean I have a whole month's worth of time to use that contact as long as I don't open the container/use them everyday and expose it to light?

Kevy2007
gay thread

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Kevy2007
gay thread
I know you're gay.

Mandos
It's recommended one month after you open it, considering the manipulation and wear.

Watch it though, with that time.

Facts about one month contact lenses that optometric don't say.

1. Never go in the water wearing them. Infection is a high probablility, even hydrowear.
2. Do not sleep with them. Accidents, although rare, happens, and it's not a place where you want one.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Erm..if you wear contact lenses please reply.

I have the last of a prescription contact lens, something like Acuvue Oasis (or whatever) with hydraclear and when I went (a long time ago) to the optometrist he said that they only last a month and then they need to be thrown away. So does that mean that even if I don't open the contact container everyday for a month that I have to get rid of them after a month or does that mean I have a whole month's worth of time to use that contact as long as I don't open the container/use them everyday and expose it to light?

you can't wear them a month after opening the packet, even if you keep closing it.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Mandos
It's recommended one month after you open it, considering the manipulation and wear.

Watch it though, with that time.

Facts about one month contact lenses that optometric don't say.

1. Never go in the water wearing them. Infection is a high probablility, even hydrowear.
2. Do not sleep with them. Accidents, although rare, happens, and it's not a place where you want one.
Oh, so even though I haven't opened that container and used the lens a whole months worth of time, I should still trash it?

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
you can't wear them a month after opening the packet, even if you keep closing it.
Oh...cry okay...

Mairuzu
glasses

Kevy2007
I know you're gay.

I know ur ma's a dirty whore

Mairuzu
whats a ma's

Mandos
Oh, so even though I haven't opened that container and used the lens a whole months worth of time, I should still trash it?

Unfortunately. But you know contacts are made for wearing wink

Mandos
Originally posted by Mairuzu
whats a ma's

mom, I would guess.

Mairuzu
i know

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Mairuzu
glasses
I look retarded in glasses.
I'm getting lasik in a while. awesome
Originally posted by Mandos
Unfortunately. But you know contacts are made for wearing wink
Heheh.

Well..that's all I needed to know. Close please.

Peach
If you haven't opened it, then it's fine. Otherwise you'd only be able to get a month's worth of contacts at once instead of a six month or year supply.

And you're supposed to chuck the pair after wearing it for a month, but you're not going to fall over and die if you don't.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Peach
If you haven't opened it, then it's fine. Otherwise you'd only be able to get a month's worth of contacts at once instead of a six month or year supply.

And you're supposed to chuck the pair after wearing it for a month, but you're not going to fall over and die if you don't.
*Falls over and has seizure* Liarrrrr!!!!

Alrighty, thank you for replying.

ragesRemorse
i like vagina

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i like vagina
So does your mom.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.