Chrono Trigger DS [official thread]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
This was just announced recently. I can't wait. The original is a masterwork and one of my favorite games. I was hoping for a long long time that they'd port this to the DS. And now they are, with some new goodies.

Evil Dead
I've got it for snes and PS1....... what kind of new goodness will this port be bringing?

BackFire
A new dungeon as far as I know.

Neo Darkhalen
I'm going to get it....without a doubt.

SaTsuJiN
maybe network play? /sniffle ;_;

JKozzy
Souce: 1up.com

View four scans from Famitsu magazine here:
http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1256&mode=&order=0&thold=0

I was sorta hoping for more than a "port" for a remake... but there is still some potential here. I'm still glad this is being done.

SaTsuJiN
I read there was going to be a wifi multiplayer feature.. I hope its not like that stupid mail feature like they had in one of the final fantasy remakes

Peach
Thread already exists for this stick out tongue merged the two.

JKozzy
Originally posted by Peach
Thread already exists for this stick out tongue merged the two. embarrasment I searched "Crono" not "Chrono".... lol

SaTsuJiN
http://the-magicbox.com/0807/game080709b.shtml

Scythe
Oh crap.

BackFire
So, did anyone get this yet?

I'll be getting it for Christmas but the wait is killing me, couple of my friends got it already and they play it around me sometime, I hear the amazing music and want to play it even more.

Peach
I haven't. I'm not really too sure if I'm going to, to be honest.

BackFire
Have you played it before?

Peach
I haven't. I was never actually all that interested in that game.

I might get it at some point, but I've become so incredibly picky with what games I'm going to buy that stuff doesn't appear on the "want to buy" list unless I definitely 100% want to play it.

BackFire
You should play it, if you liked any of the FF games there's no way you won't adore Chrono Trigger. It's responsible for many of the staples of the modern era Final Fantasy series.

Plus it's not a huge commitment, it's relatively short by RPG standards, but makes up for it by having absurdly high replay value while still retaining a story that is as epic any any other.

Plus, you fancy yourself an RPG fan, if for no other reason you should play it for it's historical significance. For I agree with the Game Informer review; it's pretty much a mandated right of passage for any RPG fan.

jalek moye
i bought it today. it brings back so many memories

occultdestroyer
Loved it.
On my first playthrough, I did the best ending.
Will play again to see the other endings.

I love the way Square Enix was able to somehow connect CT's plot with Chrono Cross.

The new "Dream Devourer" final boss is exactly the same "Time Devourer" boss in Chrono Cross

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.