A Satanist Word's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



XvampbenjiiX666
The meaning of life

If you are his minion then it is the purpose of your life to serve him. It is a divine calling, and it is a mundane calling. Divinity and mundane life become one and balanced when you use all of the talents you were given in life to serve Satan. And what higher purpose could their be? Our work is holy, that wich is done in the name of Satan. It is not so much an evangelistic calling, for there is nothing more worthless than a bum on the street that preaches to you of the values of Christ. Rather it is that you project the will and energy of Satan in all things that you do, and as others observe you the black energy of the master will manifest in their hearts.



Hope

When there is no hope of redemption, seek peace in vengeance. It is not the will of Satan that you suffer for the actions of others, it is a test of you character. Rise up and bury your enemy in his own blood. If not, do not succumb yourself to the weakness of human emotional dispair. Let the strength of Satan be with you and move through you in every day that you live and all actions that you do. He is always closer than you think.




Dawn of the New Satanism


We are standing in the first lights of the infernal dawn of the New Satanism. The Church of Satan and Anton Lavey's Satanism are not but products of 20th century culture. What did LaVey promise us at the end of his Satanic Rituals Book? That by the year 2001 Reason would triumph over radical religion and the Church of Satan would be at the center of this new age of reason. He was as wrong as he is dead! 2001 brought the global religious war of the Motheists to its pinnacle as thousands died at the hands of Muslim extremists. The world is in flames, a clash of religions bathing in more blood than even the Crusades of the Middle ages. And where is the Church of Satan? They can only cower and hang their heads in embarassment. If they were the only Satanism then Satanism would be as good as dead. Their weakness and intellectual idealism sickens me. I implore you to truncate these wretches at every turn. I predict that the Church of Satan will completley cease to exist by the year 2020 if not earlier. They never were a Satan Worshiper religion, and their philosophy of humanism is obsolete in the world we live in today.

And so was formed CATHEDRAL OF THE BLACK GOAT. The religion of the warriors of lord Satan. Unabashedly forged of iron will, servants of Satan to death. It is the only Satanism that will survive as those who are without make war around us.

Hails belong to Satan Alone!

Shakyamunison
Satan does not exist.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Satanism != Satan worshiping.

Deja~vu
Only to the uninformed.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Satanism != Satan worshiping.

A subset of Christianity.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
The Church of Satan and Anton Lavey's Satanism are not but products of 20th century culture.

You're right. That "religion" was founded by a liontamer in San Fransisco in the late 60's. Its no surprise that it coincided with the whole "**** the government" and Free Love movement of the hippies during Vietnam.

And the differences between that and your "New Satanism" are superficial. Its still a form of teenage rebellion.

XvampbenjiiX666
not teenage rebellion, but an actual way of life. for those who want a senses of self freedom and want to believe in something more than a liar

Bardock42
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
You're right. That "religion" was founded by a liontamer in San Fransisco in the late 60's. Its no surprise that it coincided with the whole "**** the government" and Free Love movement of the hippies during Vietnam.

And the differences between that and your "New Satanism" are superficial. Its still a form of teenage rebellion.

At least that they have in common with Christianity.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
not teenage rebellion, but an actual way of life. for those who want a senses of self freedom and want to believe in something more than a liar

How is Satan not a lie? Satan is part of Christian mythology, and if you are saying that Christianity is a lie, then so is Satan.

XvampbenjiiX666
i didn't say their god was a lie...i said he was a liar.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
i didn't say their god was a lie...i said he was a liar.

Who is "he"? confused

Impediment
Anton LaVey was just a Hollywood Satanist. The LaVeyan Satanic Church is a joke.

Ask a REAL satanic person, like Glen Benton, how much of a fake LaVey was.

XvampbenjiiX666
LaVey's out look on Satanism is a joke...thats why i follow the Cathedral of the Black Goat

XvampbenjiiX666
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Who is "he"? confused i forgot that god's are not a sex...so "it"

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
i forgot that god's are not a sex...so "it"

Assuming that "it" is real. wink

Bardock42
I like LaVey

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
Rather it is that you project the will and energy of Satan in all things that you do, and as others observe you the black energy of the master will manifest in their hearts.

I must congratulate on coming up with a type of Satanism that is copy Puritan "city on a hill" mentality and then just finds antonyms for everything. Very original and ensures you'll soon be as common as the Puritans themselves.

Of course like any theist you really have no way of understanding with genuine certainty what your god wants you to do. While I happily support your right to believe what you wish the basis of this form of Satanism seems to be little more than codified angst stemming directly from Christianity.

Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
When there is no hope of redemption, seek peace in vengeance. It is not the will of Satan that you suffer for the actions of others, it is a test of you character. Rise up and bury your enemy in his own blood. If not, do not succumb yourself to the weakness of human emotional dispair. Let the strength of Satan be with you and move through you in every day that you live and all actions that you do. He is always closer than you think.

I'll keep that in mind. And thank you for the blessing.

Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
humanism is obsolete in the world we live in today.

That much is do agree with completely.

Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
And so was formed CATHEDRAL OF THE BLACK GOAT. The religion of the warriors of lord Satan. Unabashedly forged of iron will, servants of Satan to death. It is the only Satanism that will survive as those who are without make war around us.

Unfortunately cutting yourself and wearing dark colors won't intimidate anyone. Fighting to the death will be pretty hard when you keep fainting too.

Originally posted by Bardock42
At least that they have in common with Christianity.

Somehow the most popular religion in the world doesn't seem like it would appeal to a sense of teenage rebellion.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Somehow the most popular religion in the world doesn't seem like it would appeal to a sense of teenage rebellion.

I was talking about the way it started...you know, unwashed hippies, wandering the earth revolting against the status quo...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
I was talking about the way it started...you know, unwashed hippies, wandering the earth revolting against the status quo...

laughing I didn't think of it that way.

Deja~vu
Originally posted by Bardock42
I like LaVey Of course U would. wink

XvampbenjiiX666
LaVey and his theory of Satanism is nothing but a joke...worse than the kristian faith

King Kandy
The "Kristian" faith? Hare Krishnas?

XvampbenjiiX666
...thats how i spell kristian, krist, kristmas...and what ever....

backdoorman
You're cool.

Bardock42
Originally posted by backdoorman
You're cool.

Also a modern Oscar Wilde.

XvampbenjiiX666
...i don't care what you think.

Bardock42
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
...i don't care what you think. I am sure, you are such a rebel.

XvampbenjiiX666
...rebel? no

Bardock42
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
...rebel? no

I am just messing with you, you cute little satanist.

King Kandy
I think i'll go convert to "Kristianity" it sounds cool.

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Its still a form of teenage rebellion.

on point.

XvampbenjiiX666
Originally posted by Bardock42
I am just messing with you, you cute little satanist. ....why do i feel so uncomfortable right now?

Bardock42
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
....why do i feel so uncomfortable right now? I do not know, why do you?

XvampbenjiiX666
...you called me a cute Satanist...kinda uncomfortable

Bardock42
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
...you called me a cute Satanist...kinda uncomfortable
Don't worry about it, I was just coming on to you.

willofthewisp
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
Hope

When there is no hope of redemption, seek peace in vengeance. It is not the will of Satan that you suffer for the actions of others, it is a test of you character. Rise up and bury your enemy in his own blood. If not, do not succumb yourself to the weakness of human emotional dispair. Let the strength of Satan be with you and move through you in every day that you live and all actions that you do. He is always closer than you think.

So if you consistently call Christians' religion a joke, by your logic, they should rise up and kill you for it? That's the right thing to do? I fail to see how there would be anyone left in the world if everyone "buried his enemy" just because he/she didn't seen another possibility. Wouldn't you agree most people on the brink of despair aren't able to consider every opportunity available to them? "When a door closes, God opens a window."

Were your parents' Satanists, too? Just curious.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by willofthewisp
"When a door closes, God opens a window."

But if he tells you to jump be suspicious.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
LaVey's out look on Satanism is a joke...thats why i follow the Cathedral of the Black Goat

Brilliant.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Better than worshiping Mary stick out tongue

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
But if he tells you to jump be suspicious.

Knight of Faith

XvampbenjiiX666
no my parents aren't Satanist....my mom is lutheran or catholic and my step dad is catholic...i'm the only one in my family that is Satanic

Bicnarok

XvampbenjiiX666
...clsoe to massacring many people...when i was lutheran

Grand_Moff_Gav
Do you believe in the Satan as told in the Bible?

XvampbenjiiX666
i believe in him as a fallen angel and then i also believe, as you can tell, him a God

Grand_Moff_Gav
In my opinion...he is a looser.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
...you called me a cute Satanist...kinda uncomfortable

That must be the Katholic in him...

XvampbenjiiX666
great katholics....

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
In my opinion...he is a looser.

"Loser"

And he obviously lost, doesn't make him wrong or evil though.

XvampbenjiiX666
apperently it does....he is now the Dark Lord

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
"Loser"

And he obviously lost, doesn't make him wrong or evil though.

Yeah but who wants to follow a complete failure?

Bicnarok
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
i believe in him as a fallen angel and then i also believe, as you can tell, him a God

The word "GOD" is very confusing really, especially if you prefer the "one God almighty" idea.

You only have to read John 1.1 to realise that "1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
So Jesus is a god as well? The catholics like this idea until you ask them who Jesus was praying to.

And since Satan is also mentioned as the "God of this world"(2 Corinthians 4:4 and others) it becomes really confusing.

whats your take on this?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bicnarok
The word "GOD" is very confusing really, especially if you prefer the "one God almighty" idea.

You only have to read John 1.1 to realise that "1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
So Jesus is a god as well? The catholics like this idea until you ask them who Jesus was praying to.

And since Satan is also mentioned as the "God of this world"(2 Corinthians 4:4 and others) it becomes really confusing.

whats your take on this?

2 Corinthians 4:4 says the "god of this world" not the "God of this world" which is an important distinction.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yeah but who wants to follow a complete failure?

B-better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
B-better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven?

That only applies to him. Followers would be serving in hell which would be at least as bad as serving in heaven.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Bardock42
B-better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven?

He doesn't rule in hell...he doesn't rule anything...hes a complete and utter failure...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
That only applies to him. Followers would be serving in hell which would be at least as bad as serving in heaven. Depends what mythology you apply.

Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
He doesn't rule in hell...he doesn't rule anything...hes a complete and utter failure... Depends what mythology you apply.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Bardock42
Depends what mythology you apply.

Depends what mythology you apply.

As i stated early, in the Christian context, as should be known by me as a person, the Catholic context.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
As i stated early, in the Christian context, as should be known by me as a person, the Catholic context. Even there it is up to is interpretation. What passages in the Bible say or imply that Lucifer is a despotic loser?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
Depends what mythology you apply.

I suppose but I can't think of any where everyone gets to reign in hell.

Originally posted by Bardock42
Even there it is up to is interpretation. What passages in the Bible say or imply that Lucifer is a despotic loser?

Despotic? None jump to mind.
Loser? He seems to fail every time something comes up.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Bardock42
Even there it is up to is interpretation. What passages in the Bible say or imply that Lucifer is a despotic loser?

You should really have caught onto the Catholic part then thought abit about it but...in scripture.

The character of Satan is a rebel angel who fell from grace because he thought he was better than humanity and should rule over them. He rebelled against God and was kicked out.

He now leads an existence of trying to pull people away from God in order to fulfill his spiteful ambitions of pride.

Again in Scripute, Revelation states he looses.

Thus, the Christian Devil is a very powerful being but allowed his own pride to have him cast out of Paradise and now leads a futile existence of spite...

Pathetic really...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
You should really have caught onto the Catholic part then thought abit about it but...in scripture.

Okayyyy...then what does the pope think about Satan?

Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
The character of Satan is a rebel angel who fell from grace because he thought he was better than humanity and should rule over them. He rebelled against God and was kicked out.

Do you have the exact passages stating that?

Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
He now leads an existence of trying to pull people away from God in order to fulfill his spiteful ambitions of pride.

Also, passages would be nice.

Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Again in Scripute, Revelation states he looses.

"Lose"

And passages.

Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Thus, the Christian Devil is a very powerful being but allowed his own pride to have him cast out of Paradise and now leads a futile existence of spite...

Pathetic really...

Meh, some people admire such pride and determination. As well as some of the ideas he stands for.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Bardock42
Okayyyy...then what does the pope think about Satan?



Do you have the exact passages stating that?



Also, passages would be nice.



"Lose"

And passages.



Meh, some people admire such pride and determination. As well as some of the ideas he stands for.

The Pope thinks hes a dick...end of discussion.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
The Pope thinks hes a dick...end of discussion.

B-before we end it, could you maybe give me the passages where what you claimed is said? King James version best (I don't trost this corporate Italian crap).

Grand_Moff_Gav
I never said it said that...you said "imply" and I have given you what I believed it implied...

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_sat3.htm

All of those bible verses listed there....imply that hes a loser.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
I never said it said that...you said "imply" and I have given you what I believed it implied...

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_sat3.htm

All of those bible verses listed there....imply that hes a loser.

I agree with the losing part. I was wondering about the "thinking he is better than humanity and should rule over them" and him now leading "an existence of trying to pull people away from God". Where are those said and implied, I'd like to read them, Satan/Lucifer/etc. quite fascinates me as a concept.

Robtard
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Despotic? None jump to mind.
Loser? He seems to fail every time something comes up.

In Christianity, isn't Satan the snake who talked Eve into eating from the Tree of Knowledge despite God previously forbidding it? Seems like a win there.

XvampbenjiiX666
...true

Grand_Moff_Gav
Well, an example of the Devil trying to pull people away from God would be, first off Jesus' time in the desert...Matthew 4 and Luke 4. Luke 22 says the Devil entered Judas. Jesus says that he prayed for Peter to be protected against Satan who was trying to make his faith fail. Back in the OT the Devil tries to make Job lose his faith in God.

So, that seems to be Satan's primary objective...Saint Peter said he is like a lion who seeks only to devour souls.

I think the Fallen Angel part is more extra-scriptural with its bases in the activities of the snake who fooled Eve...

XvampbenjiiX666
Theistic Satansim

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_Satanism

LaVeyan Satanism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

(just showing the differences)

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Robtard
In Christianity, isn't Satan the snake who talked Eve into eating from the Tree of Knowledge despite God previously forbidding it? Seems like a win there.

What is he achieving?

By acting out of spite he got himself banished from Heaven...was it worth it? No, lets face it would you rather have paradise or nothing...which is what he has, nothing. No friends, no allies, no home. Nothing.

XvampbenjiiX666
one thing i dont understand is that if you think Satan is not winning anything, how come there are alot more souls in Hell than there is in heaven? i mean, isn't Satan the one that persuades you from the path of whats 'right'?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Winning? Whats he won? "more souls in hell" that has nothing to do with him...he doesn't benefit from their being their...other than it might inflate his own ego.

Besides, Book of Revelation...he loses.

King Kandy
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
Theistic Satansim

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_Satanism

LaVeyan Satanism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism

(just showing the differences)
Theistic Satanism sounds a lot more bogus.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
What is he achieving?

By acting out of spite he got himself banished from Heaven...was it worth it? No, lets face it would you rather have paradise or nothing...which is what he has, nothing. No friends, no allies, no home. Nothing.
No allies? 1/3rd of the angels fell with him if I remember correctly.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by King Kandy
No allies? 1/3rd of the angels fell with him if I remember correctly.

Tell me, do you think they respect him as their leader and love him as a champion against God...or do you think they would stab him in the back the moment they got the chance to usurp his power?

After all, if they were content being servants...they wouldn't have rebelled against God would they?

XvampbenjiiX666
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Winning? Whats he won? "more souls in hell" that has nothing to do with him...he doesn't benefit from their being their...other than it might inflate his own ego.

Besides, Book of Revelation...he loses. he's won the minds of those that 'god' created.

Grand_Moff_Gav
He hasn't won their minds.

How many of the souls in hell do you think would actually choose him over God? Not very many, all he has done is tricked people.

Even if what you said was true it shows how pathetic he is.

Its like bullying the pet hamster to get back at the owner...

King Kandy
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Tell me, do you think they respect him as their leader and love him as a champion against God...
Yeah, why not? God was pretty dickish in the bible, I wouldn't want a guy like him in charge of everything.

Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
After all, if they were content being servants...they wouldn't have rebelled against God would they?
Maybe they rebelled against God because they didn't like him, it doesn't necessarily mean they won't accept servitude.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by King Kandy
Yeah, why not? God was pretty dickish in the bible, I wouldn't want a guy like him in charge of everything.


Maybe they rebelled against God because they didn't like him, it doesn't necessarily mean they won't accept servitude.

Christian Tradition holds thats why they rebelled, because they didnt like being second fiddle to humanity-pride.

You cant accept the traditions then deviate from it...which is what you just did...

King Kandy
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Christian Tradition holds thats why they rebelled, because they didnt like being second fiddle to humanity-pride.

You cant accept the traditions then deviate from it...which is what you just did...
I don't care what the traditions hold. In terms of interpretation, I only use the following.

The Bible: All facts on the subject obviously come from here.

Logic: Helps interpretation of ambiguous points.

Tradition is meaningless since it's just stuff people thought up with no basis in order to make some viewpoint of there's seem more valid.

XvampbenjiiX666
Originally posted by King Kandy
Theistic Satanism sounds a lot more bogus. theistic is more real than what that bastard LeVay said is true Satanism

King Kandy
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
theistic is more real than what that bastard LeVay said is true Satanism
I'd say it's more fake since you take things as literal rather then as allegories.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by King Kandy
I don't care what the traditions hold. In terms of interpretation, I only use the following.

The Bible: All facts on the subject obviously come from here.

Logic: Helps interpretation of ambiguous points.

Tradition is meaningless since it's just stuff people thought up with no basis in order to make some viewpoint of there's seem more valid.

Riight...im gonna let you go back and think about your arguments then realise why you contradicted yourself...

King Kandy
I have not contradicted myself at all.

Grand_Moff_Gav

Robtard
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
What is he achieving?

By acting out of spite he got himself banished from Heaven...was it worth it? No, lets face it would you rather have paradise or nothing...which is what he has, nothing. No friends, no allies, no home. Nothing.

What he set out to achieve, to have both Adam and Eve disobey God. Which he did, ergo, it is a win for him.

That is subjective.

King Kandy

Grand_Moff_Gav
He set out to overthrow God...he failed. He now gets back at God by picking on beings far lesser than him in power...he even fails in that.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by King Kandy
Kindly point out this "contradiction."

Why are you using Faust in this argument, it is not canon to Christianity.

See, sometimes in debates, people like to voice ideas for discussion that may not be there own...the Faust quote was not an argument...how could it be, it didnt argue anything. It is just one view that presents the Devil as being a poor soul...

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by King Kandy
No allies? 1/3rd of the angels fell with him if I remember correctly.
Where does it say that in the bible?

King Kandy
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
See, sometimes in debates, people like to voice ideas for discussion that may not be there own...the Faust quote was not an argument...how could it be, it didnt argue anything. It is just one view that presents the Devil as being a poor soul...
It presents him as such. Is he actually portrayed as such in the bible (the last word on Christianity)?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by King Kandy
It presents him as such. Is he actually portrayed as such in the bible (the last word on Christianity)?

The Bible is not the last word on Christianity.

Have you noted your contradiction yet?

XvampbenjiiX666
...i have a feeling this will go on for a long time huh

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
...i have a feeling this will go on for a long time huh

I have just read your original post.

There is always a hope of salvation.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
The Bible is not the last word on Christianity.

Have you noted your contradiction yet?
I have noted no contradiction because there are none. Of course the bible is the last word on Christianity, in as much as the very definition of Christianity is belief in the bible.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by King Kandy
I have noted no contradiction because there are none. Of course the bible is the last word on Christianity, in as much as the very definition of Christianity is belief in the bible.
OK I shall try again.

Originally posted by King Kandy
I don't care what the traditions hold. In terms of interpretation, I only use the following.

The Bible: All facts on the subject obviously come from here.

Logic: Helps interpretation of ambiguous points.

Tradition is meaningless since it's just stuff people thought up with no basis in order to make some viewpoint of there's seem more valid.

Originally posted by King Kandy
No allies? 1/3rd of the angels fell with him if I remember correctly.


And that view is heretical atleast btw...the bible thing

King Kandy
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Where does it say that in the bible?
My memory was perhaps a bit faulty, but there is basis for this belief. First off, a number of angels did indeed fall with Satan.

Revelation 12:7-9
"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

So now that we've established that, we get the following passage. Given the consistent use of "star" int he meaning of "angel", this passage is the origin of the 1//3rd figure.

Revelation 12:4
"And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth"

King Kandy
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
And that view is heretical atleast btw...the bible thing
Nope, that figure is stated or at least implied by the Bible, as I just demonstrated. If I found no evidence in the Bible, that statement would have been retracted; I take the Bible as the sole definitive source of Christian doctrine.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Oh...but wait...you only go by the Bible...not Christian Tradition but...the Book of Revelation is a composite put into the Bible and not actual scripture...

It was never used by the early Church...it was never used by the apostles...hmm its canonical status is dodgy at best...yet you accept it?

Robtard
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
He set out to overthrow God...he failed. He now gets back at God by picking on beings far lesser than him in power...he even fails in that.

Now you're moving the goal post. You said he is a failure, while possibly true in the big picture, he certainly doesn't always fail. The Adam & Eve story being one example.

If souls are in hell, then ultimately it is because they were weak and fell to some temptation ie "The Devil". Seems he doesn't always fail in that aspect either.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Oh...but wait...you only go by the Bible...not Christian Tradition but...the Book of Revelation is a composite put into the Bible and not actual scripture...

It was never used by the early Church...it was never used by the apostles...hmm its canonical status is dodgy at best...yet you accept it?
It is part of modern canon and that's what I go by.

Grand_Moff_Gav
He remains a failure though...he has no successes because everyone is saved...

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by King Kandy
It is part of modern canon and that's what I go by.

The Modern Canon...of which Christian denomination?

King Kandy
All scriptures that are accepted by a majority of denominations.

Robtard
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
He remains a failure though...he has no successes because everyone is saved...

They are? What is the point of accepting Jesus and your personal savior in order to reach Heaven if everyone is saved regardless?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Robtard
They are? What is the point of accepting Jesus and your personal savior in order to reach Heaven if everyone is saved regardless?

To spare you from serving time.

Robtard
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
To spare you from serving time.

Where can this be found passage-wise?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Robtard
Where can this be found passage-wise?

I don't recall saying I relied purely on scripture...

Robtard
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
I don't recall saying I relied purely on scripture...

Then what do you base this religious claim on if not scripture?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Robtard
Then what do you base this religious claim on if not scripture?

I didn't say I didn't rely it on scripture either...

Robtard
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
I didn't say I didn't rely it on scripture either...

FFS. Where/What/Why did you come to this conclusion then?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by King Kandy
the very definition of Christianity is belief in the bible.

No it's not.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Robtard
FFS. Where/What/Why did you come to this conclusion then?

Ummm...where did I say I came to the conclusion?

Robtard
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Ummm...where did I say I came to the conclusion?

Are you being a stupid-sill-******* for the sake of just being one?

Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
To spare you from serving time.

Where did you come to that conclusion?

Grand_Moff_Gav
I didnt

Jack Daniels
man this is one messed up thread....satan promotes anger vengence bloodshed....I think Id rather follow the dude who promotes peace love and goodwill towards your fellow humans...lol..Id have a better time in heaven drinking of the vine with peaceful folks than burning in hell or where ever he plans on being ...stuck with demons angels who dont like us etc...plus in hell I doubt the vine can grow there...lol...beerdrunk

King Kandy
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
man this is one messed up thread....satan promotes anger vengence bloodshed....I think Id rather follow the dude who promotes peace love and goodwill towards your fellow humans...lol..Id have a better time in heaven drinking of the vine with peaceful folks than burning in hell or where ever he plans on being ...stuck with demons angels who dont like us etc...plus in hell I doubt the vine can grow there...lol...beerdrunk
I don't think you've realized this, but almost no one in this thread is Christian.

Jack Daniels
you dont have to be a christian to figure out goodwill towards fellow humans is much better than revenge and bloodshed...serving a dude who doesnt like you and is jealous of you just cause your human..????hmmm...wonder what servitude to that kinda being is gonna get ya?...anyways to each there own...just making a simple point

King Kandy
Where does it say in the bible that Satan is jealous of humans?

Jack Daniels
Im not real good on the bible quoting thing...but that doesnt really matter in the point I was making....anyways Im done could google it and find something Im sure but Im just on kmc chatting dude

King Kandy
A search for "Satan" and "Jealous" on biblegateway produces no results.

Robtard
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
I didnt

Then why did you state that an an answer to this:

Originally posted by Robtard
They are? What is the point of accepting Jesus and your personal savior in order to reach Heaven if everyone is saved regardless?

So? What then?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by King Kandy
A search for "Satan" and "Jealous" on biblegateway produces no results.

Hes referring to the "Pride, the sin that made the angels fall" thing.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Hes referring to the "Pride, the sin that made the angels fall" thing.
Has nothing to do with being jealous of humans. BTW, I could find no passage stating that pride made the angels fall. It just says that they rebelled and fell (for unclear reasons.)

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by King Kandy
Has nothing to do with being jealous of humans. BTW, I could find no passage stating that pride made the angels fall. It just says that they rebelled and fell (for unclear reasons.)

Thats ok...and?

King Kandy
Well it kind of destroys your point that Satan was prideful or jealous of God.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by King Kandy
Well it kind of destroys your point that Satan was prideful or jealous of God.

umm...no it really doesnt...

King Kandy
Yes it does. Can you please provide some biblical evidence for your belief? Right now it's looking like heresy.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Well...its not within your authority to declare what is heresy and again...it really really doesn't.

King Kandy
It's in the bible's authority. Beliefs that conflict with the bible=heresy.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by King Kandy
It's in the bible's authority. Beliefs that conflict with the bible=heresy.

No its not within the Bibles authority...its a book not a sentient being.

Also conflicts...my belief doesnt conflict with scripture...indeed it is fully supported by scripture.

And FYI to be a conflict, the bible would have to say the Devil did NOT fall due to his pride.

Bardock42

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Bardock42
I-if we can take semi-modern fiction on the subject I'll get out my Lucifer Morningstars and quote some no expression

Sure you can, if you believe they contribute to the topic...Faust is a very highly regarded piece of work and does portray Satan as a rather pitiful creature we should pity rather than hate...

King Kandy
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
my belief doesnt conflict with scripture...indeed it is fully supported by scripture.
If it's fully supported by scripture then you should have no problem pointing out where it's said in scripture, no?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by King Kandy
If it's fully supported by scripture then you should have no problem pointing out where it's said in scripture, no?

Matthew 16:17-19

King Kandy
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Matthew 16:17-19

"And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

This quotes support for your case=zero.

Jack Daniels
wow very active thread....as I said Im not a very good quoter of the bible so lets keep it simple then...angels cant procreate satan was an angel...wouldnt you be pissed and jealous if you couldnt do it with a hottie but this lesser being could..lol...

XvampbenjiiX666
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Sure you can, if you believe they contribute to the topic...Faust is a very highly regarded piece of work and does portray Satan as a rather pitiful creature we should pity rather than hate... why should we pity Satan?

Jack Daniels
or better yet I remember this...man sits in judgement of the angels too! a lesser being decides your fate? especially one you got in trouble...lol

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
I-if we can take semi-modern fiction on the subject I'll get out my Lucifer Morningstars and quote some no expression

The Lucifer series is a lot more modern than Faust . . . but it's a worthwhile view of Satan nonetheless.

Jack Daniels
I read this in some book somewhere that was not the bible but seemed logical according to what I know of the bible...you go to court during judgement right....Jesus is your public defender....your defense...he says I died for him or her which according to law saves him if he believed in that etc...then you got satan over there saying you should perish too as you broke the law too...why follow the guy thats trying to prosecute you and make you look bad versus the guy thats tryin to save your butt? remember dudes and hotties(chics) Im just chatting and giving my opinion not being the judge..u can tell by my username and sig Im not exactly a good model for folks..lol..jus bein honest of my opinion

King Kandy
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
wow very active thread....as I said Im not a very good quoter of the bible so lets keep it simple then...angels cant procreate satan was an angel...wouldnt you be pissed and jealous if you couldnt do it with a hottie but this lesser being could..lol...
Funny but the bible never says angels can't procreate.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
I read this in some book somewhere that was not the bible but seemed logical according to what I know of the bible...you go to court during judgement right....Jesus is your public defender....your defense...he says I died for him or her which according to law saves him if he believed in that etc...then you got satan over there saying you should perish too as you broke the law too...why follow the guy thats trying to prosecute you and make you look bad versus the guy thats tryin to save your butt? remember dudes and hotties(chics) Im just chatting and giving my opinion not being the judge..u can tell by my username and sig Im not exactly a good model for folks..lol..jus bein honest of my opinion
The bible never says Satan is part of judgment.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by King Kandy
Funny but the bible never says angels can't procreate.

Genesis 6:4 seems to disagree.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Genesis 6:4 seems to disagree.
Genesis 6:4 is proof that they CAN procreate, since it depicts them as having done so in the past. How you got the idea that this somehow disagreed with my points is beyond me.

Jack Daniels
okay okay..lol..since its the middle of night and noone else is chatting I googled and man alot (not all) of what I said sounds like peoples personal interpretations of the bible quotes...guess that was taught to me when I was younger for whatever church I was at accepeted those interpretations and taught them etc...obviously there are quotes in the bible to back up what I said but you got quotes to debate them with...good show king

Jack Daniels
well I stated my opinions so I'm out..lol..(got spanked...lol)dont think the Almighty wants a drunk dude discussing his word when not equipped..learned my lesson Ill stick to my opinions till I know better..LOL....warning to all unless your your a bible scholar dont say anything other than your opinion in here king kandys ready to get ya..lol...jus kiddin you all be good or whatever u do IM out peace ...oh and good luck gav...lol...

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by King Kandy
"And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

This quotes support for your case=zero.

No...that quote supports it, very much so, oh and for the record it isn't my fault that you "choose" to only take the Bible into account when discussing Christianity...although you only do that because you know ZERO about the religion and are just sitting on biblegateway entering keywords into the search field...shock!

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The Lucifer series is a lot more modern than Faust . . . but it's a worthwhile view of Satan nonetheless. True, but shouldn't that be a qualification rather than a point against it?

Anyways, whether you find Satan pathetic or should pity him, certainly depends on your own personal beliefs and also what mythology or work of fiction you look at.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>