Watched Hellboy 2 last night

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolverine2006
Yeah i watched Hellboy Dos last night and it was great, i loved the amount of imagination they put into this film. And this time they really got the Hellboy action scenes down. When he fights in this movie hes actually fast and it doesnt seem like just a guy in a suit. I liked the first one but this was just so much better. I only had a couple issues with the film one was the weirdness factor that Hellboy and Liz were dating eachother...it just seemed wierd but it didnt bother me that much. And the other one youll know the second you see it.

Endrict Nuul
This movie was soooo great!!! a much better comic book movie than the new Huc.

Kazenji
Huh hellboy 2 is allready out ??

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Kazenji
Huh hellboy 2 is allready out ??

lol ah yeah!!! where do you live Australia or something? with slow release dates.

qqqqqqq
is it me or is big, monstrous superheros are getting laid.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
lol ah yeah!!! where do you live Australia or something? with slow release dates.

Actually this film comes out next month here and it makes more sense too release it then with The dark knight coming out this week.

Galan007
i thought the part where hellboy/abe got drunk and began singing was a bit much - but overall it was a great movie, imo.

marwash22
best movie ive seen all year!

Well, except for Iron Man

emporerpants
i liked it, it was a good movie. i still like the first one better though. the humor in this one just felt alot more forced than in the original.

Xplosive
It seems that The Dark Knight will blow all comic book movies out of the water.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Galan007
i thought the part where hellboy/abe got drunk and began singing was a bit much - but overall it was a great movie, imo.

It probably could of been more subtle.

Ouallada
It wasn't supposed to be subtle. Hellboy2 certainly doesn't have the blink-and-you-miss-it nuances that Pan's had, and it doesn't set out to. Del Toro was obviously taking the side of the monsters in this particular show. The plant elemental being a dichotomy of destruction and beauty, the troll market showing that even in a place where brutal instruments and creatures are everywhere, there is a sort of chaotic calm and order, until encroached upon by denizens of our world. The troll market doesn't just emphasise that earlier point, but also shows that various species, be it those two headed gossipmongers or the tentacled Spongebobs, can co-exist peacefully (as peacefully as they can), while humanity isn't even at peace with itself, much less other species and the planet in general.

Nuada's rather poignant phrase is pointed as well :"We die, and the world is poorer for it". Del Toro was obvious in showing that even in violence, Nuada and all the magical creatures were sympathetic, and that in the abovementioned scene, Hellboy and Abe acted more human than ANY of the other portrayed humans. Simple, yet poignant. For those who read more into films, the above line that I quoted can probably be taken to not just extend to magical creatures, but all forms of irreconcilable differences (racism, for example, encapsulated in the talk show about inter-species marriage), and can even be extrapolated to the imaginary.

Hellboy2 isn't good because it is beautiful (which it is). It is good because under all the action and creature designs was a simple, character-driven plot that never overstated its hand or overstayed its welcome, and while sounding run-of-the-mill, is achieved by surprisingly few movies. It is great because it doesn't just tell us what the flaws of humanity are, it shows us these flaws by placing them in contrast to what Hellboy (and Abe/Liz, to a lesser extent) does right, even though he is so much closer to the monsters than to humanity -- he was much more human than humanity itself.

Arahan
I didnt watch the movie but i can still tell that it is better than X-Men 3
and far better than Spidercrapwhineyman 3.

steverules
In hellboy 3 is hellboy gonna become evil or something....that angel creature thing has got me wondering what hellboy is gonna do

Ouallada
It will carry on building from the second. I would bet that it is about him being ostracised from the human race, and I expect there to be some darker turn of events (a death due to the rest of humanity, loss of his children etc) that causes him to turn back to his demonic nature.

steverules
Probably I just wonder what the outcome of that happening, he can't just turn bad and then they leave it at that...he's hellboy, he's one of the good guys. Though, I would like to see him unleash his full power.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Galan007

That was my favourite scene from the movie.

I also liked how the weird glasses they used to see the trolls showed that Hellboy filing his horns to fit in is only an illusion.

Kovacs86
Originally posted by marwash22
best movie ive seen all year!

Well, except for Iron Man

Well you watch a wide selection of films, don't you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.