Johnny Cash (J. Phoenix) vs Ray Charles (J. Foxx)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
So two of my friends are debating over who portrayed which music legend better: Joaquin Phoenix's Cash or Jamie Foxx's Ray?

So...this is a sing-off between the two. May the best person win.

Which singer is better and why?

Impediment
1) To say which singer is better is all apples and oranges.

Both were fantastic musicians that gave a lot to the world.

However, I am a die-hard Johnny Cash fan, so I choose Cash.

2) If this is a "sing off", as you put it, to determine the better singer, then this belongs in the Music Forum, even if it is, in fact, the actors' singing.

SpaceMonkey
Phoenix actually played the role of Cash whereas Foxx just continued to do his Ray Charles impression from In Living Color. Foxx was wayyyyyyy overrated for his portrayal, but whatever.

Kelly_Bean
Where's the poll? mad

I have to go with Joaquin Phoenix who I am currently listening to from the Walk The Line soundtrack ("Home of the Blues" track to be specific). He's so swell that I really wish he hadn't turned down that oppurtunity to get a contract to sing.

jaden101
Cash

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Phoenix actually played the role of Cash whereas Foxx just continued to do his Ray Charles impression from In Living Color. Foxx was wayyyyyyy overrated for his portrayal, but whatever.

thumb up That's all Foxx's performance was; an extension of his skit. That's why I don't like it when comics who got their start on a variety show go Hollywood. Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, Chris Rock, Will Ferell, Jim Carrey; their roles are almost always the same.

Obsidian Fury
Phoenix was stunningly good.

Hellfire Jedah
Jamie Foxx snapped yo, his prefomance blew Pheonix outta the water(Phoenix is still one of my favs tho).The fact that dude is a comedian and he was able to play a role like that was was amazin. Not to mention Foxx can actually sing and make his singin voice sound simillar Ray, that was deep too.

Plus Ray>>>>>>>Cash....

ragesRemorse
Even though i think Phoenix is a much better actor. I am leaning more towards Foxx on this one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.