Flip Flops bad for your feet?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Never knew this:

http://www.livescience.com/health/080624-bad-flip-flops.html

Scythe
GDF?

But anyways, never worn these, they're pretty much for sissies.

Rogue Jedi
Its not really a serious debate thread, thats why I didnt put it in the GDF. I wear flip flops all the time, except for when I am at work. I wouldnt say they are for sissies, I see guys wearing them left and right.

Scythe
OK!

Rogue Jedi
I wonder if the same applies for regular sandals?

Piggle Humsy
I hate guys who wear flip flops.. I like to call them something that goes along with this gesture > happywank

They're pretty much laughed at.

Flip Flops suck bawls.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Its not really a serious debate thread, thats why I didnt put it in the GDF. I wear flip flops all the time, except for when I am at work. I wouldnt say they are for sissies, I see guys wearing them left and right.

And those guys are sissies. haermm2

Scythe
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
I hate guys who wear flip flops.. I like to call them something that goes along with this gesture > happywank

They're pretty much laughed at.

Flip Flops suck bawls.

Haha, bawls!

Originally posted by Phucked Up
And those guys are sissies. haermm2

Pretty much.

Rogue Jedi
You know you guys have at least a pair. laughing out loud admit it.

Rogue Jedi
Barefooters also run the risk of never being invited to an Asian home, because they can't take off their feet. haermm

Devil King
I must say the report is right, at least in my case. I never wear flip flops out of the house. Actually, I can't stand going barefoot at any point. If I'm barefoot, I'm either in the shower or in the bed. Some guys enjoy them, but I'm not one to ever wear them out of the house.

But I completely understand what they mean when they say it changes the way we walk. All my shoes are what most would consider dress shoes and I only own one pair of sneakers. I've nearly broken my neck dozens of times, actually falling all the way down the stairs in my last apartment, because I simply become walking retarded when I wear flip flops. I bought them when the craze started (they're a very nice pair of embossed leather flip flops) but it rained one day when I was wearing them and flip flops are deadly when they're leather and they get wet. Your foot has absolutely zero traction inside the flip flop when they're wet. Plus, when your feet sweat the leather stinks and they make rude noises when you walk.

I imagine if we lived in a culture where the flip flop (or whatever cultural terminology others have for them) was the footwear of preference then we'd be much more skilled and our bodies would be able to handle them. But we've all grown up in a culture with form-fitting shoes and we've all developed accordingly.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Devil King
I must say the report is right, at least in my case. I never wear flip flops out of the house. Actually, I can't stand going barefoot at any point. If I'm barefoot, I'm either in the shower or in the bed. Some guys enjoy them, but I'm not one to ever wear them out of the house.

But I completely understand what they mean when they say it changes the way we walk. All my shoes are what most would consider dress shoes and I only own one pair of sneakers. I've nearly broken my neck dozens of times, actually falling all the way down the stairs in my last apartment, because I simply become walking retarded when I wear flip flops. I bought them when the craze started (they're a very nice pair of embossed leather flip flops) but it rained one day when I was wearing them and flip flops are deadly when they're leather and they get wet. Your foot has absolutely zero traction inside the flip flop when they're wet. Plus, when your feet sweat the leather stinks and they make rude noises when you walk.

I imagine if we lived in a culture where the flip flop (or whatever cultural terminology others have for them) then we'd be much more skilled and our bodies would be able to handle them. But we've all grown up in a culture with form-fitting shoes and we've all developed accordingly. Thats what I'm gonna do, just wear them around the house from now on. Gotta buy some new tennies though.

Devil King
Thats what I'm gonna do, just wear them around the house from now on. Gotta buy some new tennies though.

Well, I tried to wear them out in the world. But like I said, it rained and I almost killed myself getting on the bus. And I'm certainly not going to wear the foam flops. I would wear them out of the house if I didn't suddenly become one of Jerry's kids when I wear them. Bottom line is that I just prefer my dress shoes. I know how to walk in those.

A Dose Of Vraya
Barefooters also run the risk of never being invited to an Asian home, because they can't take off their feet. haermm Yes they can! mwahahahaha evilgrin

Morning_Glory
I like guys who wear flip flops - as long as their feet are clean

chillmeistergen
The only time I'd ever consider wearing them is when I'm going to the beach. Even then, I'm just going to take them off, so I'd rather leave all footwear behind.

AbnormalButSane
Men and women typically wear them where I'm from. Some even during winter.

I don't particularly care for them.

Scythe
You know you guys have at least a pair. laughing out loud admit it.

Nope, sorry.

Selphie
I will admit, I do have a pair. They're really squishy, and are extremely comfortable, and I do like showing off my feet, 'cause I think I have pretty toes. I do also like wearing heels(showing off toes...), but those are a hassle, and don't look good with my favorite outfit of jeans and a tee.

Plus my flip flops have a giant skeleton foot print on each one, so I basically couldn't resist.

I know they aren't the best for my posture, or for myself in general, but hey, I am absolutely not a klutz with them on. I'm always like a cat!

Dark-Jaxx
I hate flip-flops.

ScarletSpeed
Flip flops suckno expression

uncomfortable.

Rogue Jedi
I wear mine in the shower.

Leo.M
I don't really wear flip-flops. I have some but i bought them cause i liked them and their very comfy.

Strangelove
I wear regular sandals, never really liked flip-flops.

Rogue Jedi
New airwalks are in order.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.