Marvel Ultimate Alliance II: Fusion!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
Hell Yeah! Ultimate Alliance 2 is underway, set to release at the tail end of this year, or in the first quarter of 2009. But don't let the subtitle fool you like it did me, you don't fuse two heroes like the amalgam comics, the "fusion" moniker relates to the new "team up" moves.

Game informer just released a detailed preview of the new game, explaining how the "fusion attack" works. For example, they saw a team up move in which The Hulk was surrounded by Sue Storm's energy field, and was able to ram through the enemies like a big cannonball.

Also, huge rumors going around that the game will include the CIVIL WAR storyline!

the below links were from another message board. Some kid scanned his game informer to show everybody. Check 'em out!

http://www.brent-thomas.com/other/ua2/ua2_1.jpg
http://www.brent-thomas.com/other/ua2/ua2_2.jpg
http://www.brent-thomas.com/other/ua2/ua2_3.jpg
http://www.brent-thomas.com/other/ua2/ua2_4.jpg
http://www.brent-thomas.com/other/ua2/ua2_5.jpg
http://www.brent-thomas.com/other/ua2/ua2_6.jpg

DigiMark007
Nice.

Kazenji
The character designs in the game look alot better then what they did in the first game.

Scythe
WTF? Why are SHIELD agents getting boned?

MadMel
Originally posted by Kazenji
The character designs in the game look alot better then what they did in the first game.
damn straight!
im definately getting this big grin

Kazenji
Hopefully the bosses are harder with this one that was a problem with the first game they were too easy cept for Loki.

Utrigita
Looks really good, and have been looking forward to this since I saw Galactus close his fist around earth evil face

Scythe
Originally posted by Utrigita
Looks really good, and have been looking forward to this since I saw Galactus close his fist around earth evil face

Oh, so it'll continue from there?

ragesRemorse
As long as there is a larger character selection, more powers, more EFFECTIVE powers and an in depth combo system i'll be happy.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Utrigita
Looks really good, and have been looking forward to this since I saw Galactus close his fist around earth evil face YES.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
As long as there is a larger character selection, more powers, more EFFECTIVE powers and an in depth combo system i'll be happy.

And also harder boss's

H. S. 6
The Civil War storyline has been confirmed. I cannot wait.

Impediment
I just hope we have a bigger selection of characters.

The first MUA was very fun. My favorite level was Hell where you had to free Ghost Rider, fight Blackheart and Mephisto, and choose between the lives of Nightcrawler and Jean Grey.

Quincy
Yeah, when we had to choose between Nightcrawler and Jean, me and my team all were confused. It took us a couple minutes to decide actually. I think we tried saving them both at the same time.

Hopefully there are more choices like that in the next one. Also, I was a little disappointed that even though there was a large cast of characters, only a slew of them appeared in cutscenes.

But I'm just a huge cutscene fan.

Sol Valentine
I can't wait for this game. I was hoping for confimation after I saw Galactus in the ending.

The fusion attacks in this game will definetly be better than the ones before.

ragesRemorse
yeah, i would rather have seen a Galactus storyline, but maybe he will make an appearance. That was my favorite level in the first game.

Quincy
New trailer looks SWEET!

4wLLW0Hkg0M

Kazenji
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 Official Playable Character List

http://www.marvel.com/news/vgstorie..._Character_List

i've got a feeling there may be more

Neo Darkhalen
Venom's playable from the get go. Ergo = me getting it instantly.

jinXed by JaNx
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 Official Playable Character List

http://www.marvel.com/news/vgstorie..._Character_List

i've got a feeling there may be more

Damn, thats a smaller selection than Legends 2. Where the hell is Cyclops? mad

Kazenji
The wikipedia page for it shows a bigger selection then the Marvel site.

jalek moye
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/marvel-ultimate-alliance/9158

a few trailers

YodaIam
Hell yeah!!

Kazenji
More vids, Third trailer, Green Goblin trailer and a venom one

http://marvel.com/news/vgstories.8310. Watch_3_New_Marvel~colon~_Ultimate_Alliance_2_Vids

Scythe
Cool, venom!

Wei Phoenix
Guess who else is in this game? I'll give you a hint, look in my sig.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Scythe
Cool, venom!

This, this is why I'll buy this game.

Even if his design is god awful.

Kazenji
Play as the Thunderbolts gonna be good.

Wei Phoenix
Play as the Thunderbolts gonna be good.

Songbird does look like an interesting character.

Kazenji
Just read for this game its gonna be a 'What If' Civil War Story.

Wei Phoenix
Just read for this game its gonna be a 'What If' Civil War Story.

yeah Captain America like tricks IM and socks him one during one scene.

Kazenji
For Thor in the game wonder if they'll have him kill one of the heroes and turns out he's a clone just like with the comics

and Juggernaut looks different.

MooCowofJustice
I want to bump this as there have been some updates.

Jean Grey, Gambit and Penance are all newly confirmed characters. Ms. Marvel is as well.

Two left guys. I think there's talk of a secret character that they refuse to reveal though.

-Pr-
no news on Cyclops, i see. sad

MooCowofJustice
Nope.

One of the most common speculations for one of the last ones is Nova. I guess he'd be cool...

Ms.Marvel
i dont like some of the characterst heyre putting i here. Speedball? really? who cares about speedball at all?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I want to bump this as there have been some updates.

Jean Grey, Gambit and Penance are all newly confirmed characters. Ms. Marvel is as well.

Two left guys. I think there's talk of a secret character that they refuse to reveal though.

Probably Sentry, I think it's time for him to have a game appearance.

Originally posted by -Pr-
no news on Cyclops, i see. sad

He has to be...one of the team bonuses is Double Date. You can't have Jean and no Scott for the Double Date.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i dont like some of the characterst heyre putting i here. Speedball? really? who cares about speedball at all?

Who the **** is Speedball?

MooCowofJustice
Where was Double Date confirmed as a team bonus?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
He has to be...one of the team bonuses is Double Date. You can't have Jean and no Scott for the Double Date.

tbh, i wouldn't be surprised if they used bloody logan.

Wei Phoenix
Where was Double Date confirmed as a team bonus?

It's been in it since XML, don't see why they would take it out now.

tbh, i wouldn't be surprised if they used bloody logan.

They better not.

MooCowofJustice
I don't remember it at all in MUA1. And a different company is developing this one.

Wei Phoenix
Black Panther, Storm, Sue, Reed. I just did it to reconfirm it.

MooCowofJustice
Wow, that stinks. erm

That only gives me about one more chance for Hawkeye, but it won't be him. Probably Sentry or Nova since there's no Cosmic level character yet.

Quincy
Cast of characters could be better. should have been bigger.

Juggernaut's a waste.

Hope the melee combat is more loose. Other games were very stale and the combat was kinda clunky.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Quincy

Juggernaut's a waste.

Hope the melee combat is more loose. Other games were very stale and the combat was kinda clunky.

You wish he was a waste, he's actually very different from the other characters and has a unique play style. Don't hate on the invulnerable unstoppable one.

MooCowofJustice
A lot of people hated on Juggernaut at the start. But a lot of those same people say he's growing on them.

I like him, and its really hard for me to like X-Men characters.

-Pr-
They better not.

while i'd like to be optimistic, i did see the x-men movies... sad

Wei Phoenix
I'll admit there were a lot of more popular characters that could've made the list instead, but hey, Cain was the lucky one, and I like the fact that his charge is in the game and it is a big part of his style.

Quincy
Marko is just another strong tank.

You got Hulk - the hell you need Juggs for?

MooCowofJustice
He's stated to be very different from a conventional tank. Someone called him a "chaser" instead of a tank.

-Pr-

having only one selectable tank for an entire game seems silly, no?

Wei Phoenix

Same reason the game has more than one martial artist.

Cain fights differently as well, Hulk is the brawler, Cain is the runner, he has hit and run tactics that just plow right through everything. Juggernaut and Hulk are two different characters game and comic wise.

jalek moye

Juggernaut's a waste.

from what i've seen of captain america fighting it looks less clunky

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by jalek moye
from what i've seen of captain america fighting it looks less clunky

Someone has been false repping Steve on this site today.

jalek moye
what?

Quincy
having only one selectable tank for an entire game seems silly, no?

The Thing?

Same reason the game has more than one martial artist.

Cain fights differently as well, Hulk is the brawler, Cain is the runner, he has hit and run tactics that just plow right through everything. Juggernaut and Hulk are two different characters game and comic wise.

More than one martial artist, but they aren't in the game strictly for their martial arts.

They dont seem to fight differently. In game walkthroughs have shown them to have the same move, specifically their "Fusion Attack" with Wolverine - Picking him up and chucking him.

Just seems like a waste on having a character that won't be unique.

Doctor Strange
Iceman
Ghost Rider
Sentry

Those would have been much better choices. Juggs is lame in playing comparison.

jalek moye
The Thing?

More than one martial artist, but they aren't in the game strictly for their martial arts.

They dont seem to fight differently. In game walkthroughs have shown them to have the same move, specifically their "Fusion Attack" with Wolverine - Picking him up and chucking him.

everyone has 3 fusion attacks with each character. of course all the big ones are gonna have that one with wolverine.

And there personal attacks and moves are different then one another

Wei Phoenix
The Thing?

Just seems like a waste on having a character that won't be unique.

Doctor Strange
Iceman
Ghost Rider
Sentry

Those would have been much better choices. Juggs is lame in playing comparison.

Iceman has never really been a unique character outside of the freeze moves, he's the only character who's flight actually takes energy.

Dr. Strange and Scarlet Witch have never worked out properly in these games.

Same for Ghost Rider.

Sentry is a possible secret character.

No one plays like Cain, and how can you say he's lame in playing comparison when you haven't even played as him yet? I've read reviews from game testers and a good majority said that they had most fun testing him out.

Also Thing is horrible.

Why is DD and IF in there if not for their MA? What's the point of having Storm in there when you have Thor?

Also anyone with brute strength can do a Fastball special, that's not their fusion attack though, at least it wasn't in the old ones, you just press the throw button.

Wei Phoenix
what?

Steve mainly sticks to headbutts and knees apparently.

Quincy
Dude you dont have to take it so personally.

I think Juggernaut is a waste - those other people I've named are much more interesting to me in terms of having fun playing as them.

What really unique things can you do playing as Juggernaut? You could do so much more with other characters.

Wei Phoenix
You always assume people take things personally.

I've already stated that there wasn't much those characters can do in-game.

Rider used like shotguns, and chains and whatnot and most of his moves completely sucked.

Strange's only good move was Black Magic in MUA, his defenses were horrible.

Iceman, he's been in everyone and last game his only good moves were the ice beam and polar explosion. All he does in the games is slow you down.

Cain brings the unstoppable charge to the table, he runs right through everything and crushes whatever is in his path.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/marvelultimateallianceiifusion/video/6211302

jalek moye
Steve mainly sticks to headbutts and knees apparently.
in the game or comics?

Wei Phoenix
in the game or comics?

Well yeah I know that, but also we're playing on Iron Man's team first.

Wei Phoenix
in the game or comics?

Comics and the animated movie.

jalek moye
Comics and the animated movie.
umm in comics he mostly punches, shield strikes and kicks to the torso.

Quincy
You always assume people take things personally.

I've already stated that there wasn't much those characters can do in-game.

Rider used like shotguns, and chains and whatnot and most of his moves completely sucked.

Iceman, he's been in everyone and last game his only good moves were the ice beam and polar explosion. All he does in the games is slow you down.

Cain brings the unstoppable charge to the table, he runs right through everything and crushes whatever is in his path.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/marvelultimateallianceiifusion/video/6211302

You're straight up arguing against my simple opinion - and only because it's Juggernaut - your favorite character. Sounds personal. Or just dick-ish.

If you think Juggernaut has more unique and creative moves than Doctor Strange - you are retarded.

-Pr-
The Thing?

ben grimm? really? you'd have him over cain?

Quincy
ben grimm? really? you'd have him over cain?

No he's just another tank.

Wei Phoenix
You're straight up arguing against my simple opinion - and only because it's Juggernaut - your favorite character. Sounds personal. Or just dick-ish.

If you think Juggernaut has more unique and creative moves than Doctor Strange - you are retarded.

It's called debating, get used to it.

Says the guy who went to the Prototype thread just to bash Alex and promote Cole. If this was personal then I would be insulting you or trying to get people to do things like this.

[email protected]

^ This guy commented a news article online about replacing the cast, saying "I can do those voices, I'm a voice actor too - I'd like to get in touch with the casting agency."

Then everyone else on the site spited him and are now sending him e-mail to tear his shit up.

Join in fans in cast support. We don't want no lame-ass guy thinking he can voice ZOIDBERG, FRY, FARNSWORTH, ZAPP better than the originals.

Easy with the name calling there buddy.

The funny thing is that even Classic Strange stated that he can not overcome Cyttorak's power, and Current Strange is just horrible. The Juggernaut (the title and role not Cain) has a lot more powers than you think and Cain has shown off a few.

-Pr-
No he's just another tank.

if there are 20+ characters to choose from, there's no harm in having a couple of tanks to mix it up. even in the first game, you could get colossus too.

Quincy
Wow Phoenix facepalm

if there are 20+ characters to choose from, there's no harm in having a couple of tanks to mix it up. even in the first game, you could get colossus too.

There is if it comes at the expense of having 3 tanks instead of a variety of different characters. srug

thats why I call it a waste. It'd be a different story if there was a monstrous cast.

Wei Phoenix

Quincy
Could have been much better. Hopefully they add more on.

jalek moye
hey Iron fist shoots energy aswell big grin

Wei Phoenix
hey Iron fist shoots energy aswell big grin

Well I was talking about people who's energy blasts is actually effective and worthwhile. stick out tongue

Quincy
Did you add on those little fighting style hyphens?

jalek moye
Well I was talking about people who's energy blasts is actually effective and worthwhile. stick out tongue
actually thats a big part of his use in the game. Using chi attacks

-Pr-
Wow Phoenix facepalm

There is if it comes at the expense of having 3 tanks instead of a variety of different characters. srug

thats why I call it a waste. It'd be a different story if there was a monstrous cast.

surely they're going to pick the well known faces above variety. i doubt many people would rather have nightcrawler than captain america.

Quincy
surely they're going to pick the well known faces above variety. i doubt many people would rather have nightcrawler than captain america.

Luke Cage? Songbird? Penance? Iron Fist? These are the well known faces?

Why Surely?

jalek moye

Why Surely?
Luke Cage actually is one

Quincy
To comic book fans yeah. Did he mean only to fans? Or to outside people as well?

-Pr-

Why Surely?

two of them are, two of them aren't.

MooCowofJustice

Why Surely?

Luke Cage was garaunteed a spot by being Cap's second in command. Iron Fist had very good chances by being associated with Luke Cage.

Songbird is likely there for the Thunderbolts. Same with Penance.

In Juggernaut's defense, it has been stated that he does not play like a traditional tank. He was called more of a chaser.

Hulk is the one that just destroys everything, Thing is more of a 1v1 character.

Quincy
To comic book fans yeah. Did he mean only to fans? Or to outside people as well?

Also, what system will you guys be playing this on, and who will your main character prob be?

MooCowofJustice
PS3 and Captain America.

Quincy
PS3 and Captain America.

PS3 as well thumb up

Neo Darkhalen
* Venom- I suppose he is unique

It's become sort of a marvel law now, if Spider-man is in something so is Venom.

Wei Phoenix
PS3 and Captain America. Originally posted by Quincy
PS3 as well thumb up

You guys better hope you don't get shafted on the DLC again.

jalek moye
360 and Iron Fist

Quincy
Juggernaut is a pre-order exclusive?

MooCowofJustice
He was from the begining of his announcement. There's still one more character we don't know about. I'm not sure if that's the Wii's pre-order exclusive or not. I don't think it would be.

Wei Phoenix
Juggernaut is a pre-order exclusive?

Yeah, so far he's only pre-order exclusive but I was referring to MUA1 where we got 8 new characters and yall got shiite. Cyclops was such a beast.

360 Cain, Ms. Marvel, Gambit, Captain America.

Quincy
Yeah, so far he's only pre-order exclusive but I was referring to MUA1 where we got 8 new characters and yall got shiite. Cyclops was such a beast.

360 Cain, Ms. Marvel, Gambit, Captain America.

I was just asking, that wasn't a response to your comment.

-Pr-
Also, what system will you guys be playing this on, and who will your main character prob be?

PC, and Cyclops if he's in it.

Wei Phoenix
I was just asking, that wasn't a response to your comment.

Izzo...

Wei Phoenix
PC, and Cyclops if he's in it.

You know I just sat here for like 3 minutes trying to figure out what character had the initials PC? Yeah sometimes I question my mental health.

-Pr-
You know I just sat here for like 3 minutes trying to figure out what character had the initials PC? Yeah sometimes I question my mental health.

laughing out loud

if not cyclops, maybe ill be lucky and they'll stick colossus in.

if not him, surfer, hawkeye or hank pym.

Neo Darkhalen

Venom/Phoenix

MooCowofJustice
laughing out loud

if not cyclops, maybe ill be lucky and they'll stick colossus in.

if not him, surfer, hawkeye or hank pym.

I think Cyclops has the best chance out of all of those.

I don't think Surfer is coming back, someone asked about him in an interview with one of the developers and he went off talking about how they had to get rid of some of the old characters but the new ones would be great.

-Pr-
I think Cyclops has the best chance out of all of those.

I don't think Surfer is coming back, someone asked about him in an interview with one of the developers and he went off talking about how they had to get rid of some of the old characters but the new ones would be great.

just my luck...

MooCowofJustice
New clue for the August reveal:

"This character was not born with their powers."

Most people have already begun saying Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk. Any guesses anybody?

Wei Phoenix

Most people have already begun saying Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk. Any guesses anybody?

Sentry.

MooCowofJustice
I think he could be cool. I wonder how they'd go about incorporating a transformation. Or if they'd do that at all.

Wei Phoenix
Why would Sentry have to transform in the game or are you talking about The Void persona?

MooCowofJustice
I probably am talking about The Void. I don't know anything about Sentry, I just know he sounds cool.

-Pr-

could be ANY mutant, seeing as they don't have their powers when they're born...

jalek moye

ok so thats like 90% of everyone

MooCowofJustice
I thought mutants were born with their powers, but they remained inactive for a while.

Wei Phoenix
I thought mutants were born with their powers, but they remained inactive for a while.

IIRC everyone has the X-Gene, even people like Aunt May, it's just that it's not always awakened. Correct me if I'm wrong Jalek and Raoul.

-Pr-

the x-gene itself lays dormant until the child hits puberty (though there are exceptions).

they don't get their powers unti it activates...

MooCowofJustice
New possible clue. There's a folder on Wolverine's character profile that says "Secret Character." People are thinking that the secret character the developers won't reveal is Wolverine related. If this is a new clue, it won't be to the next person revealed.

Anybody know any strong Wolverine related characters?

Someone just suggested Nitro, who apparently caused the explosion that started the Civil War. It makes sense to me, we have the person who blames himself for that disaster.

-Pr-
i hope to god it's not daken...

Kazenji
Why's that ?

-Pr-
Why's that ?

cos i hate the little shit, lol...

Scythe
cos i hate the little shit, lol...

This.

jalek moye
IIRC everyone has the X-Gene, even people like Aunt May, it's just that it's not always awakened. Correct me if I'm wrong Jalek and Raoul.
I thought only certain people were born with it, which is why even when the gene is deactivated they are still called mutants just powerless ones. And how since M-Day no mutants were born the only way to tell right off is from the x-gene since the powers dont show at birth

I haven't read any recent comics about it though so that might have ben changed

Wei Phoenix
New possible clue. There's a folder on Wolverine's character profile that says "Secret Character." People are thinking that the secret character the developers won't reveal is Wolverine related. If this is a new clue, it won't be to the next person revealed.

Anybody know any strong Wolverine related characters?

Someone just suggested Nitro, who apparently caused the explosion that started the Civil War. It makes sense to me, we have the person who blames himself for that disaster.

If it's not Omega Red or Sabretooth then I don't care for this Wolverine character.

i hope to god it's not daken...

Agreed.

-Pr-
If they put in someone like Daken and leave out a pivotal character like cyclops, they're out of their damn minds...

Wei Phoenix
If they put in someone like Daken and leave out a pivotal character like cyclops, they're out of their damn minds...

It'll be like MVC2 throwing in another 2 Wolverines.

Alpha Centauri
Marvel games need to be sandbox or not at all.

This is just "Here are some sprites dressed as Marvel characters that run through hamster-run excuses for levels.".

-AC

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

This is just "Here are some sprites dressed as Marvel characters that run through hamster-run excuses for levels.".

-AC

Huh?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Except those recent ones based on the films were crap..........

MooCowofJustice

Kazenji
Maybe Punisher i'm guessing

Quincy
Should just be BATMAN to **** up the Marvel Universe.

Team Pro Registration
VS
Team Anti Registration
VS
The Batman

MooCowofJustice
Eh, we'll find out who it is later today.

MooCowofJustice
It's Ms. Marvel.

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14233937/marvel-ultimate-alliance-2/videos/mua2_trl_msmarvel_vignette_81309.html

Kazenji
Wow how exciting like they've never had her in a Marvel Ultimate Alliance game.....

Scythe
This game's a bargain bin buy for me.

Kazenji
why's that ?

Scythe
why's that ?

Well, aside from a few gimmicks and just a few new characters, it's not bringing anything new to the table that the first one did, at least for me. I'm still having fun with the first one, but I'm quite amped for Batman: Arkham Asylum to get my superhero videogame fix. I remember reading an article long ago that talked about Ultimate Alliance 2, and it blew my mind with all the stuff they wanted to add, but in the long run, I don't see it here. One thing I remember that they were gonna add was a way to create your own hero, I don't see that here. I'll most likely get it, but not on release day.

Wei Phoenix
It's Ms. Marvel.

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14233937/marvel-ultimate-alliance-2/videos/mua2_trl_msmarvel_vignette_81309.html

She's a great character, but I thought she was already confirmed.

MooCowofJustice
She's a great character, but I thought she was already confirmed.

Actually yeah, she was leaked. I kind of forgot about it.

Two characters left, we only have one more to be revealed.

By the way, VIPs on the games official site can see what the latest updates are now. Every day until release they are revealing an Alternate costume. So far they've shown us Hulk's alt and Daredevil's alternate.

Hulk's is Red Hulk, and I must say it is very cool looking.

Daredevil's is his costume from the Secret War.

Wei Phoenix
I really wouldn't mind a Rulk skin. I'm hoping for a U.S. Agent skin, Binary Skin, regular Juggernaut Skin.

MooCowofJustice
Rulk really is awesome. And they aren't just doing recolorings for alternate costumes this time. They say they're making whole new character models.

MooCowofJustice
I found a thread on the forums that'll let you guys see what the alternate costumes look like if you aren't VIPs on the forums themselves.

http://www.herohq.com/forums/viewthread/11256/

Wei Phoenix
Hope we have more than just one alt.

MooCowofJustice
I don't think we will, but I think they're worth it anyway.

geshien

I realize this is rather old for a reply, but Dr. Strange was fine. I don't recall all of his moves, but I could do fine with him.

And dude, Iceman was one of the best. Irony is you say he slows you down, when in fact, he does the opposite. His aoe, frigid aura, was awesome, and all his abilities worked great. From freezing enemies or slowing them, usually causing stacked damage, he was always on my team.

Iceman with spider's bite works particularly well with frigid aura.

Just sayin'...

-Pr-
I found a thread on the forums that'll let you guys see what the alternate costumes look like if you aren't VIPs on the forums themselves.

http://www.herohq.com/forums/viewthread/11256/

nice find. still annoyed about the lack of cyclops though.

Originally posted by geshien
I realize this is rather old for a reply, but Dr. Strange was fine. I don't recall all of his moves, but I could do fine with him.

And dude, Iceman was one of the best. Irony is you say he slows you down, when in fact, he does the opposite. His aoe, frigid aura, was awesome, and all his abilities worked great. From freezing enemies or slowing them, usually causing stacked damage, he was always on my team.

Just sayin'...

yeah, i had no problem with iceman either...

geshien
So, I don't feel I've any reservations about getting this game, and I'm already thinking about who I'm going to use for my main team (DP, Juggernaut, Venom and probably Ironman).

So I was curious about who you guys were going to use.
I think I'm just that excited about the game to give a shit, lol.

Kinda like, "Oh my Gaw, you too!? That's awesome!"

jalek moye
I'm using Iron fist the others depend on whos playing with me

Wei Phoenix

Just sayin'...

That's what I meant, he slows the enemy down. I should've been more clear I'll admit. Dr. Strange had horrible stats, and his strength was absolutely the worse. There are still characters who were way better in that game that also deserve a place in this one. Cyclops being one of them. You could rape rooms with Cyclops faster than all of them.

Wei Phoenix
Juggernaut, Songbird, Gambit, hopefully Cyclops.

geshien
That's what I meant, he slows the enemy down. I should've been more clear I'll admit. Dr. Strange had horrible stats, and his strength was absolutely the worse. There are still characters who were way better in that game that also deserve a place in this one. Cyclops being one of them. You could rape rooms with Cyclops faster than all of them.

You also said he only had a few good moves, which just isn't true. And even if you were unclear, slowing or stopping the enemy isn't a bad thing by any means.

And I still remember Strange being fine. I didn't use him as often as some of the others, but he had some pretty cool moves. The ones that stick out as memory serves, is his Falteen Flames and turning bitches into boxes. Plus he had a team regen ability, which is always helpful (albeit, I never needed it). A good team player at least.

And I never played with Cyclops. I played UA on PS1 without downloading anything for it.

Though I can't imagine Cyclops being more dominating than Surfer.

Wei Phoenix
You also said he only had a few good moves, which just isn't true. And even if you were unclear, slowing or stopping the enemy isn't a bad thing by any means.

And I still remember Strange being fine. I didn't use him as often as some of the others, but he had some pretty cool moves. The ones that stick out as memory serves, is his Falteen Flames and turning bitches into boxes. Plus he had a team regen ability, which is always helpful (albeit, I never needed it). A good team player at least.

And I never played with Cyclops. I played UA on PS1 without downloading anything for it.

Though I can't imagine Cyclops being more dominating than Surfer.

Polar Explosion and Ice beam were the only good ones I can think of, his flight move was only cool for aesthetic reasons, his frigid or cold aura only slowed enemies down. THe game isn't so difficult where you would need enemies to be slower, and I don't believe the people like Loki can be slowed down.

The Ice Fists really aren't unique or needed as well. The one were he makes it hail doesn't really do sufficient damage either.

Yes the Flames and Black Magic were the only good ones, one allowed him to regenerate and the other allowed him to potentially one shot enemies. However his team regen was at the cost of his own life and became useless once you unlocked Surfer.

Cyclops can clear a room and defeat bosses way faster than Surfer can. Rings of the Mandarin+Beam Power+Fully maxed Ultimate costume+Ricochet Shots=dead room.

-Pr-
Cyclops was awesome in that game. i could finish most levels with him as my one man team.

So, I don't feel I've any reservations about getting this game, and I'm already thinking about who I'm going to use for my main team (DP, Juggernaut, Venom and probably Ironman).

So I was curious about who you guys were going to use.
I think I'm just that excited about the game to give a shit, lol.

Kinda like, "Oh my Gaw, you too!? That's awesome!"

ideally?

Cyclops, Colossus, Surfer, Hank Pym/Hawkeye

going by the current cast?

Daredevil (who i'd almost have in my main team anyways), Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man.

most of the roster, imo, is flat out uninspired. the four x-men they picked? ugh.

Scythe
I wanted Cyclops too.

geshien
Originally posted by Scythe
I wanted Cyclops too.

He could possibly become a DLC character.

I'd like to see Nightcrawler and Cable too.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>