The Replacements!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Your favorite hero dies and someone is needed to take up their now empty place in the universe. Who would you decide on and who would they themselves pick to replace them after their end?

So who could/would take up any particular characters mantle and how would it change from both the original character and that of the one that replaced them?

For instance,

Spiderman, I have no idea who he'd want to carry on his legacy after his death. He probably wouldn't wish that burden on anyone or at least wouldn't want to be responsible for having to give someone that kind of power and responsibility to carry. As for myself, as I've said before I'd like to see Peter's friends deciding the world and New York in particular, needs spiderman. In doing so I would want to see them convince Johnny Gallo aka Ricochet - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricochet_%28comics%29#Ricochet_.28Johnny_Gallo.29 into becoming the new Spiderman. They could have Steve and other Avengers and Shield agents train him and using Reed and something like the SSS or T'Challa helping with his herb or some other form of enhancements to give Johnny the edge in strength he'd need. I could see a great story developing about how someone else having to realise just how much pressure and problems Peter Parker's life was really about and just his legacy being continued.

Batman, I just can't really see anyone in the immediate future taking on the dark knight's mantle other than Dick. He's both the only one I would think could, would and should be the next to head the bat family. Same goes for Bruce unless he just doesn't think Dick deserves to have to have that life infront of him. Bruce might think Dick was better than that but otherwise there's really no one I'd see him leaving everything to. Tim would be next in line but still only if Dick didn't want it or something.

Iron Man, Tony I would love to see show signs of remorse as to what all happened between him and Peter, assuming of course that OMD bullshit is eventually retconned like I will probably only pray. Anyway I'd love to see Tony show his regrets to how things ended between him and Peter in Civil War and end up leaving everything to Peter to become a new amalgam of an Iron Spiderman. As for Tony himself I'm sure it be Rhodey he'd end up leaving everything too.

ScarletSpeed
I would have liked to see Harry Osbourne take on the role of Spider-Man just to see what happened.

I would also like to see Punisher take on Venom's role as Lethal Protector,

I would have liked to see Tony Stark take over Captain America's position.

Disappear
when batman stepped down, instead of having dick take his place, he chose azrael. batman's been grooming dick to be just like him, but i just don't see it working, and i don't see bruce leaving dick in charge of the legacy. i think he'd prefer, in the event of his end, that the batman disappear for good and be succeeded by the line of bat-people he's taken under his wing; noone specifically becoming "the new batman."

superman would likely leave it to superboy. who else is there?

the flashes have been through this time and again.

wonder woman to donna troy.

martian manhunter wouldn't really have anyone.

i don't think peter parker'd have someone replace him. nor do i think punisher, iron man, hulk, the pyms/van dynes, or any of the x-men would seek replacements.

daredevil, if the kitchen was in a situation in which the imagery and status of the daredevil seemed necessary, could have anyone from echo to iron fist to spider-man to replace him.

llagrok
Dude, Superboy is dead.

Flash to replace ALL the Marvel heroes.

Endrict Nuul
Sentry: I would replace with Majestic, Sentry would pick Mar-Vell imo.

Swift "the useless one": I would replace with Arch Angel, she would pick????

GL Hal Hordan: I would choose Mar-Vell or Quasar, don't know who he will pick.

Entity
Originally posted by Disappear
when batman stepped down, instead of having dick take his place, he chose azrael. batman's been grooming dick to be just like him, but i just don't see it working, and i don't see bruce leaving dick in charge of the legacy. i think he'd prefer, in the event of his end, that the batman disappear for good and be succeeded by the line of bat-people he's taken under his wing; noone specifically becoming "the new batman."

Well by Dick taking Bruce's place I didn't literally mean he would become the Batman but rather would take his place as the head of the batfamily, savior of Gotham and in the forefront of the JLA. He's still be known as Nightwing, his individually has been shown numerous times to be very important to Dick but in most all essences he'd be the one taking on nearly all Batman's old roles.

Newjak
Superman:
My pick: Would be Captain Marvel. Honestly he is basically already Superman in every way. I don't in there is anyone better to go over and be the next Superman.

His pick: I think there is only one person Clark trusts to pick up his spot. That of course is Batman.

Thor:
My Pick: Would be Beta Ray Bill. Much like Captain Marvel he is already essentially that character to begin with.

His Pick: Honestly I think the only person Tor would be willing to leave Mjolnir, and ruler ship of Asgard to is Captain America.

Batman:
My Pick: Would have to Dick. He, like my previous ones, basically were tailor made to pick up where the others have left off.

His Pick: The only other person Batman trusts to take up his mantle, and his secrets, for they are many, is Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.