Solid Snake vs Big Boss: 3-Round Battle Royale!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
Solid Snake is in for the shock of his life.

His opponent is none other than Big Boss...only thing is that the legendary soldier isn't the old geezer he's run into back in Outer Heaven and Zanzibarland.

Big Boss is in his prime (during the FOX takeover of San Hieronymo). To anyone watching this match, it's as if there are two identical Snakes in the field...save that one is wearing his MGS1 Sneaking Suit while the other is clad in his SNAKE Camo, not to mention the eyepatch covering his right eye.

This match is in three stages:

Stage 1: Weapons Battle - Patriot (for Big Boss) and Infinite Bandanna (for Solid Snake) are allowed.

Stage 2: Metal Gear Battle - Both men are piloting Metal Gear REX.

Stage 3: CQC Battle - In a homage to Big Boss' late mentor, the battle will take place in Rokovoj Bereg.

Sado22
man...you just reminded me of the MGS4 ending cry

Fight1: Big Boss, i think. Patriot was a b!tch after all.
Fight2: Solid...he has more experience with those things
Fight3: i'll give it to Big Boss only because i like him more and my undying respect for the guy.
*salutes BigBoss MGS3 style* sad

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Sado22
man...you just reminded me of the MGS4 ending cry

Fight1: Big Boss, i think. Patriot was a b!tch after all.
Fight2: Solid...he has more experience with those things
Fight3: i'll give it to Big Boss only because i like him more and my undying respect for the guy.
*salutes BigBoss MGS3 style* sad

I know. Big Boss is the shit.

"This is good...isn't it?"

- Big Boss

First_Tsurugi06
Round one: Which weapons does Solid Snake get? The Patriot is technically a stock-less M16 with a shorter barrel. I'm really leaning towards Solid Snake. Let's not forget what Snake had once defeated Big Boss with anyway (a lighter, and spray).

Round two: Solid Snake. He actually piloted REX in particular, 'nuff said.

Round 3: Tie. Solid Snake commented that he hadn't ever actually used actual CQC techniques until MGS4 (codec message with Otacon), but even then, we've seen how far he can go in raw hand-to-hand, and he made just as easy work of Big Mama's children with CQC as Big Boss/Naked Snake made of the Ocelot Unit.

GenomeFrozener
Round 1: Big Boss
Round 2: ?????
Round 3: Big Boss

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Let's not forget what Snake had once defeated Big Boss with anyway (a lighter, and spray).

A delusional Old Big Boss.

Round two: Solid Snake. He actually piloted REX in particular, 'nuff said.

He had help from Otacon, I doubt he would know it's mechanics.
Although I'm sure he could figure out it's control.

Solid Snake commented that he hadn't ever actually used actual CQC techniques until MGS4

Solid Snake was taught CQC by Big Boss himself.
He never used it because he didn't want to use the technique taught to him by a 'trator'.

Sado22
big boss too old then, the guy was practically farting dust at the time, foo! mad

salute

First_Tsurugi06
My point was that Snake had managed to improvise with such menial items against a more heavily armed foe. With actual weapons at his disposal, along with infinite ammo, I think Snake has a potentially vast advantage in spite of the Patriot's potential.

Help or no help, Snake's still piloted a particular Metal Gear that Big Boss hasn't, and defeated a REX-killer thanks to Otacon's coaching. Snake wins this round for just that fact--he's got experience in the REX.

That's about what the codec message said, yes.

GenomeFrozener
Help or no help, Snake's still piloted a particular Metal Gear that Big Boss hasn't, and defeated a REX-killer thanks to Otacon's coaching. Snake wins this round for just that fact--he's got experience in the REX.

It depends if Otacon is there to help.
Otherwise, this battle would be a draw most likely.

First_Tsurugi06
No, it would still be Snake's win. Otacon may have coached Snake on against RAY, but this situation means that Snake's fighting in something he's already defeated once before, and piloted against a technically superior model while Big Boss is in a Metal Gear that not only dwarfs the likes of Metal Gear D or the Shagohod, but is a particular model that he's never shown to have piloted.

GenomeFrozener
No, it would still be Snake's win. Otacon may have coached Snake on against RAY, but this situation means that Snake's fighting in something he's already defeated once before, and piloted against a technically superior model while Big Boss is in a Metal Gear that not only dwarfs the likes of Metal Gear D or the Shagohod, but is a particular model that he's never shown to have piloted.

No, the Original Poster stated that both Solid Snake and Big Boss are in two Metal Gear REX models. So, wha~?

Superboy Prime
I don't think Big Boss's age by the time of MG 1 & 2 was as big a hindrance as Snake's elderly fiasco.

I mean look at Ocelot and how good his shape is. Solid Snake's age syndrome is very different from normal aging. So although Big Boss was not in his prime he was not a pushover either.

Infinite Bandanna makes any weapon limit-less. Solid Snake rips Big Boss a new one.

Metal Gear fight? I really dunno since this is Shadow Moses Snake who has not piloted REX. I'd name this one a toss up.

CQC...I give it to Big Boss because he actually used the technique. Solid Snake's personal ban makes his technique more sloppy IMO, which is why I believe Liquid Ocelot said that when it came to CQC he had the upper hand.

chazmeister
Round 1: Big Boss. The Patriot is a monstor, nothing in Snake's arsenal can stand up to the rapid-fire, power and infinate ammo.

Round 2: Snake. He has got experience piloting REX, and he's destroyed metal gear more times than anyone.

Round 3: Big Boss. He helped develop cqc, and Snake probably isn't as comfortable using it than Big Boss.

Sado22
is there going to be MGS5?

Menetnashté
is there going to be MGS5?
Um...Did you play the last game...?

Fight one: Solid Snake, he's proved himself against Big Boss more than once, knowing Big Boss' character I doubt the age handicapped him much.
Fight two: Big Boss, Snake might've destroyed metal gears before, that doesn't mean he's really good at piloting them, BB designed two Metal Gears I'd imagine he knows them better.
Fight three: Big Boss, he disarmed Snake and hugged him before he had a chance to do anything.

Superboy Prime
Come to think of it Solid Snake does know Rex's weakness.

Sado22
i know the story *SPOILERS*

solid is too old but wasn't he prematurely old. also the virus was stopped so doesn't that mean that he might return to his former self (stretching it maybe). besides if they could get Big Boss back, then why not Solid.

~Sado
P.S. why was a revived Big Boss so old? confused

Snafu the Great

Easy. He is old. According to various sources, Jack/Naked Snake/Big Boss was born in the 1930s. He is in his early 30s during the V. Mission and O.S.E., late 30s-early 40s during the FOX rebellion, in his 60s during Outer Heaven and Zanzibarland and by the time he dies from FOXDIE, B.B. is in his 80s.

Sado22
no i meant did they "revive" him or did they re-create him? i was under the impression that he was recreated from Solidus and Liquid which is why i'm asking why he was so damn old.

GenomeFrozener
Big Boss looked pretty great for a person in their 80's.

Menetnashté
i know the story *SPOILERS*

solid is too old but wasn't he prematurely old. also the virus was stopped so doesn't that mean that he might return to his former self (stretching it maybe). besides if they could get Big Boss back, then why not Solid.

~Sado
I'm aware that Snake can hold out for another mission but who the hell is he going to fight? And he's made it pretty clear that he's done with fighting, the end of MGS4 made it clear that there won't be another game.

Snafu the Great
no i meant did they "revive" him or did they re-create him? i was under the impression that he was recreated from Solidus and Liquid which is why i'm asking why he was so damn old.

From Metal Gear Wiki's topic on Big Boss:

Big Boss's body was recovered by the U.S. Government and it was discovered that he was, in fact, alive. He was injected with nanomachines to induce a sort of eternal coma. For Zero, Big Boss was an irreplaceable icon and more importantly, an irreplaceable friend. Big Boss' genome was then used to discover "soldier genes", which the US government gave to the Next Generation Special Forces via gene therapy.

To further make the world believe he had died, a grave was laid next to The Boss' grave which read: "A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests In Outer Heaven. 193X - 1999"

Although badly burned, his body was much later recovered by EVA who put him back together using pieces of his cloned sons, Liquid and Solidus. When she was finished, Big Boss looked as though he had never been burned.

Sado22
i have never played Metal Gear2, hence the confusion. so Solid pretty much barbequed him in MG2 then?

GenomeFrozener
He used a combination of Hair Spray and a Cigarette Lighter to roast Big Boss.

Sado22
and he died?

Snafu the Great
and he died?

He came close, but he survived, and was put into a nanomachine-enduced coma for the next decade and a half. EVA found him thanks to Raiden and used pieces of Liquid and Solidus to fix him up.

Unless it was FOXDIE, Big Boss sucks at dying.

Sado22
oh okay. thanks for the info snafu smile

GenomeFrozener
Big Boss was always on the border of death.
Hence him meeting The Sorrow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.