Azrael vs Blade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Regular equipment. Fight in neutral city environment.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/155377-138727-azrael_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/342904-128766-blade_super.jpg

DestinyGuy678
what can azrael do?

Juntai
That's a cool pic of Azreal. Where's it from?

carnage52
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
what can azrael do? shove his flaming knife thru blades chest?

BruceSkywalker
Jean Paul should be able to give Blade a good fight. Especially if "the system" is working. I think Jean Paul can win 6/10

Starscream M
Originally posted by Juntai
That's a cool pic of Azreal. Where's it from? www.comicvine.com

DestinyGuy678
what can azrael do?

brainchild81
yeahOriginally posted by DestinyGuy678
what can azrael do?

Allankles
Looking at Azrael it's clear he resembles Raziel the Soul Reaver. I think Blade would take this one though.

Juntai
Originally posted by Allankles
Looking at Azrael it's clear he resembles Raziel the Soul Reaver. I think Blade would take this one though. Actually, it's the other way. Azrael has been around much longer.

Phantom Zone
Blade FTW.

Darth Martin
Blade

Indestructible
Azrael FTW

chilled monkey
what can azrael do?

Genetic enhancement and mental programming gives him super-strength, speed, agility and endurance. Also highly skilled in combat.

His powers are activated by putting on his mask. Most people point to him getting beaten by Batman during the 'Knightsend' arc, but that was only because the Bat-costume caused the 'System' (the mental programming) to malfunction. So not only was he mentally unstable, he was physically weaker too. At his peak he soundly defeated Batman, dumped him in a river and then saved him from drowning.

Feats include surviving a toxic waste bath, throwing around stone altars and defeating Bane after being shipwrecked and having single-handedly beaten a forced Venom addiction.

Check his respect thread for details.

spiderman1196
Azreal FTW

Senor Cage
Rapture looks a lot like...Azrael! Rebirth Azrael.

https://i.imgur.com/3wCexn5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/o0YhsE9.jpg

Azrael wins with Suit of Sorrows.

Vanguard
It's a good look.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Starscream M
Regular equipment. Fight in neutral city environment.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/155377-138727-azrael_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/342904-128766-blade_super.jpg

I miss brucie.

Vanguard
Originally posted by carnage52
shove his flaming knife thru blades chest?

Blade's kept fighting when that sort of thing happens. Healing factor.

and Blade ftw

StiltmanFTW
Nah, he was KO'd just fine by that sort of attack.

Vanguard
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Nah, he was KO'd just fine by that sort of attack.

I got scans that say otherwise.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.imgur.com/Da54LaI.jpg

Vanguard
https://i.postimg.cc/q7SYtgJ8/Zstab.jpg

Wow and in yours, two swords, but he still hung in there. Both times they had to stab from behind.

StiltmanFTW
He passed out, as I said. The opposite of what you hoped him to do.

As for your scan. Try reading it the next time, dummie laughing out loud

http://i63.tinypic.com/2zh077k.png

Blade barely has any quality HF feats to speak of.

Vanguard
He passed out, as I said. The opposite of what you hoped him to do.

As for your scan. Try reading it the next time, dummie laughing out loud

http://i63.tinypic.com/2zh077k.png

Blade barely has any quality HF feats to speak of.

He got stabbed and survived. What is there to debate? Who cares what organs were missed. All that means is Azrael would almost certainly have to hit vital organs to drop Blade while Blade is facing him. And do you think Blade is just going to stand there and let that happen?

Why are you always reaching? And then making some desperate attempt to start an argument with name calling?

Senor Cage
Azrael is definitely more durable and skilled than Blade.

Vanguard
Originally posted by Senor Cage
Azrael is definitely more durable and skilled than Blade.

Aren't Azrael's skills more artificial? Blade's is the real deal. Blade is at least 72, but stays young because of the healing factor.

Senor Cage
Originally posted by Vanguard
Aren't Azrael's skills more artificial? Blade's is the real deal. Blade is at least 72, but stays young because of the healing factor.

What do you mean? It took Cassandra Cain, Batwing, and Batwoman to put him down.

Vanguard
What do you mean? It took Cassandra Cain, Batwing, and Batwoman to put him down.

I wouldn't consider the skill gap so wide that Blade isn't at least his equal. Mainly I mean that Blade has been fighting for longer. I could see Blade taking those three, mostly because of speed.

Senor Cage
I wouldn't consider the skill gap so wide that Blade isn't at least his equal. Mainly I mean that Blade has been fighting for longer. I could see Blade taking those three, mostly because of speed.

Blade couldn't take Cassandra alone, IMO. Cassandra is above Batman (according to him), and owned Nightwing. They're in totally 2 different classes of skill, IMO.

Azrael with the Suit of Sorrows is more durable, has the skill advantage (SOS makes the user into the perfect assassin), and is stronger (the user has all the strength who wore the SOS in the past).

Vanguard
Blade couldn't take Cassandra alone, IMO. Cassandra is above Batman (according to him), and owned Nightwing. They're in totally 2 different classes of skill, IMO.

Azrael with the Suit of Sorrows is more durable, has the skill advantage (SOS makes the user into the perfect assassin), and is stronger (the user has all the strength who wore the SOS in the past).

You don't think Blade could take Cassandra??

I highly disagree. And the SOS can't be that great if a bunch of peak to below humans can take him down.

Blade routinely fights and beats people stronger and faster than at least two out of those three. Cass has never really beaten Deathstroke, who I consider probably Blade's equal.

StiltmanFTW
He got stabbed and survived. What is there to debate? Who cares what organs were missed. All that means is Azrael would almost certainly have to hit vital organs to drop Blade while Blade is facing him. And do you think Blade is just going to stand there and let that happen?

Who cares about him surviving it...? He's on his f*cking knees.

Characters WITHOUT healing factors have taken more damage than that.

Why are you always reaching? And then making some desperate attempt to start an argument with name calling?

You failed to provide the scans to backup your ridiculous claim and you're crying now? Sweet.

Sin I AM

I highly disagree. And the SOS can't be that great if a bunch of peak to below humans can take him down.

Blade routinely fights and beats people stronger and faster than at least two out of those three. Cass has never really beaten Deathstroke, who I consider probably Blade's equal.

Have you read anything featuring these characters? Most of what you're saying is wrong

Vanguard
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Have you read anything featuring these characters? Most of what you're saying is wrong

Sigh...okay Sin, tell me why it's wrong....

And yes I have.

StiltmanFTW
Blade is at least 72, but stays young because of the healing factor.

Fun fact, most writers have completely ignored that part of his powerset.

Took him f*cking FORTY YEARS to get some decent healing feats --- and two stabs still put him to sleep just fine.

Vanguard
Who cares about him surviving it...? He's on his f*cking knees.

Characters WITHOUT healing factors have taken more damage than that.

Name some. Show some.

I also have scans of Blade getting shot, and shrugging it off. He's also been tortured, poisoned, impaled, and crucified only to break free and display superhuman feats of strength.

StiltmanFTW
Name some. Show some.

I also have scans of Blade getting shot, and shrugging it off. He's also been tortured, poisoned, impaled, and crucified only to break free and display superhuman feats of strength.

Batman, Punisher... every street hero worth a damn, really.

Good for you. The complete respect thread was made three years before you started plaguing this board with your presence - Blade was not impressive then, he sure is not going to be impressive now.

Sin I AM
Sigh...okay Sin, tell me why it's wrong....

And yes I have.

For one Blade isn't that skilled. I mean he's no slouch but he's not exactly a grade A martial artist. You're confusing the Wesley Snipes version with the comic imo. If I had to rank him Id place him at a notch below Grayson but his vampire physicals boost him so he can compete outside his skill tier. So all things being equal nightwing would kick his ass but as is it would be competitive. But that's NW..the only bat-family characters he could decisively beat skill wise is Drake or mayyyybe Damian, or Kate or Stephanie..probably Luke. But when you get to the big names like Todd/Dick Bruce Cass his stat advantage wont eclispe their skill edge and he's done for..which brings us to Az. Who is simply beyond him. Im not even wanking the character because i particularly don't care for him save a few appearances but respect is due. Their is no physical advantage for Blade to take and skills wise he's two great plus the SOS trumps any edged weapon he has.

Vanguard
Originally posted by Sin I AM
For one Blade isn't that skilled. I mean he's no slouch but he's not exactly a grade A martial artist. You're confusing the Wesley Snipes version with the comic imo. If I had to rank him Id place him at a notch below Grayson but his vampire physicals boost him so he can compete outside his skill tier. So all things being equal nightwing would kick his ass but as is it would be competitive. But that's NW..the only bat-family characters he could decisively beat skill wise is Drake or mayyyybe Damian, or Kate or Stephanie..probably Luke. But when you get to the big names like Todd/Dick Bruce Cass his stat advantage wont eclispe their skill edge and he's done for..which brings us to Az. Who is simply beyond him. Im not even wanking the character because i particularly don't care for him save a few appearances but respect is due. Their is no physical advantage for Blade to take and skills wise he's two great plus the SOS trumps any edged weapon he has.

Blade isn't that skilled? I'm not confusing Wesley Snipes with anything. Blade isn't that skilled? Try telling that to Marvel. Anything they have as far as describing him as a martial artist, they go as far as calling him a "master." Who has created his own brand of fighting tailored to not only defeating vampires but "creatures of the night." You need to do some more reading on Blade.

And you really think those members of the bat family can defeat a skilled superhuman like Blade?

I'll create a thread on this shit tomorrow. We'll see what the masses think. And while you're at it, you may want to go and check some other comic boards like comicvine when it comes to Blade fighting members of the bat family. I'll save you some time, it doesn't look good for any of them.

Here's what youtube had to say about Blade vs. Azrael

eFxC8ktpAuQ

StiltmanFTW
you may want to go and check some other comic boards like comicvine

laughing out loud

NemeBro
Aren't Azrael's skills more artificial? Blade's is the real deal. What does this even mean lol?

Vanguard
Originally posted by NemeBro
What does this even mean lol?

Azrael relies on "the system" or whatever it's called to fight with skill.

Senor Cage

I'm just talking pure skill. Blade isn't on Batman's level, who routinely takes on beings stronger than he is. Bane for example.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by NemeBro
What does this even mean lol?

This is one thing Vanguard got right, actually.

Azrael has been subjected to the psychological conditioning.

Of course he has progressed since his debut, but at his core, he is indeed only "artificially" skilled.

Vanguard
I'm just talking pure skill. Blade isn't on Batman's level, who routinely takes on beings stronger than he is. Bane for example.

Bane is stronger than Blade? Blade who has handled a vampiric Spiderman. Check out his strength rating on marvel.com, both he and Spiderman are 4's. And then theirs Blade snapping chains while weakened, bending metal doors, throwing people across rooms...etc..

StiltmanFTW
Bane is stronger than Blade?

Of course he is.

Blade who has handled a vampiric Spiderman.

He hasn't overpowered him or anything.

You're making it sound as if it was a strength contest.

Check out his strength rating on marvel.com, both he and Spiderman are 4's.

Is this your first year here or what?

Do you even know what those stats mean?

I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear that.

And then theirs Blade snapping chains while weakened, bending metal doors, throwing people across rooms...etc..

Aaaand? How does *that* make him stronger than f*cking Bane...?

Vanguard

Aaaand? How does *that* make him stronger than f*cking Bane...?

Kick out Bane's best strength feats then.

And unlike you, I take everything into account. Strength ratings
established by people who are closer to the comics than both you or me , feats, bio's, everything.

Vanguard
Backhanded the shit out of vampiric Spiderman btw

https://i.postimg.cc/5N3q6cwb/Bladezz.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Again, you don't know what those ratings mean.

"4" means anywhere between 800 pounds and 25 tons.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/43640/1046290-blade.jpg

And here your precious Blade is only a peak human in strength vin

Vanguard
Again, you don't know what those ratings mean.

"4" means anywhere between 800 pounds and 25 tons.

And here your precious Blade is only a peak human in strength vin

On marvel.com he's a 4. Which is more current?

Senor Cage
Bane is stronger than Blade? Blade who has handled a vampiric Spiderman. Check out his strength rating on marvel.com, both he and Spiderman are 4's. And then theirs Blade snapping chains while weakened, bending metal doors, throwing people across rooms...etc..

Pound for pound, yes. But I was just giving one example. Batman was strong enough to knock wonder woman for a loop. Skilled enough to stalemate Karate Kid. Now give me something that Blade has done to match that.

StiltmanFTW
On marvel.com he's a 4. Which is more current?

facepalm

Marvel.com stats have a long history of being wrong, but like I said - being "4" in strength doesn't make him Spider-Man's equal. It only means he's in the 800 lbs - 25 tons range:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2w5u4pl.png

And if you want to know his exact strength level, then here it is:

https://tinyurl.com/yalvm6qd

Able to lift about a ton. That's it.

Vanguard
facepalm

Marvel.com stats have a long history of being wrong, but like I said - being "4" in strength doesn't make him Spider-Man equal. It only means he's in the 800 lbs - 25 tons range:

I know about that bio. I've seen the bio and read it many times. It's old. And who knows how accurate? That's why I think it's bullshit to rely on any one source. He's done plenty of things to contradict that.

Bane is a class 2, yet Jason Todd can kick him off like he's a lightweight.

Senor Cage
Bane was strong enough to take down sololom grundy, lift statues, which are about 20 tons or more. Hes stronger than Blade on average.

Vanguard
Bane was strong enough to take down sololom grundy, lift statues, which are about 20 tons or more. Hes stronger than Blade on average.

I got Blade bending elevator doors and lifting statue's too. I can't claim how much any of these statue's weigh though.

Galan007
And while you're at it, you may want to go and check some other comic boards like comicvine Originally posted by Vanguard
*snip* Originally posted by Vanguard
On marvel.com Vanguard, you are welcome to your own opinions regarding the outcome of this battle, but the 'sources' you listed above are not suitable/credible evidence, and shouldn't be used in any kind of legitimate discussion on KMC. Please refrain from using this kind of material here, and stick to on-panel sources only.

Thanks.

Senor Cage
I got Blade bending elevator doors and lifting statue's too. I can't claim how much any of these statue's weigh though.

But that's not Bane's strongest. Bane is a meta without the venom, with it, hes likely stronger than Blade, and with higher end feats.

StiltmanFTW
without it, hes likely stronger than Blade, and with higher end feats.

Fixed that for you, Golgo, buddy.

Senor Cage
stick out tongue thumb up

Vanguard
Originally posted by Galan007
Vanguard, you are welcome to your own opinions regarding the outcome of this battle, but the 'sources' you listed above are not suitable/credible evidence, and shouldn't be used in any kind of legitimate discussion on KMC. Please refrain from using this kind of material here, and stick to on-panel sources only.

Thanks.

I'm hoping you're a mod. And if you're are, you need something that says so.

How about spending your time talking to Stiltman who does nothing but start arguments everywhere he goes?

Vanguard
But that's not Bane's strongest. .

That's like the second time you've claimed that.

StiltmanFTW
I'm hoping you're a mod. And if you're are, you need something that says so.

Galan has been a moderator since September.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2m458iu.png

How about spending your time talking to Stiltman who does nothing but start arguments everywhere he goes?

Dude.

You bumped this thread and made a claim that got refuted. Deal with it.

Vanguard

You bumped this thread and made a claim that got refuted. Deal with it.

What got refuted? Plenty of people know Blade would win this fight. There was even data compiled to support that.

But it's not a "source" so.....

And that has nothing to do with the fact that youre notorious for starting things.

darthgoober
facepalm

Marvel.com stats have a long history of being wrong, but like I said - being "4" in strength doesn't make him Spider-Man's equal. It only means he's in the 800 lbs - 25 tons range:

Did they change the strength scale in Marvel? Back in the day didn't a 3 mean 800lbs-2 tons and a 4 mean 2-10 tons?

Senor Cage
That's like the second time you've claimed that.

And? Blade isn't winning a feat war with Batman. No way. And cassandra is above him, as is Lady Shiva.

Vanguard
And? Blade isn't winning a feat war with Batman. No way. And cassandra is above him, as is Lady Shiva.

And? It's like you're scared to throw his best feat out there because you're hoping it won't be outdone.

Yes Blade sucks, humans can beat him, peak humans, any one with a little skill...etc..etc

Senor Cage
And? It's like you're scared to throw his best feat out there because you're hoping it won't be outdone.

Yes Blade sucks, humans can beat him, peak humans, any one with a little skill...etc..etc

You have yet to match my best feats. I already gave Batman and Bane their best, high end feats.

StiltmanFTW
What got refuted? Plenty of people know Blade would win this fight. There was even data compiled to support that.

But it's not a "source" so.....

And that has nothing to do with the fact that youre notorious for starting things.

So you need it spelled out for you. Okay.

Blade cannot take a dual stab from Azrael's thermal energy daggers and keep fighting.

Originally posted by darthgoober
Did they change the strength scale in Marvel? Back in the day didn't a 3 mean 800lbs-2 tons and a 4 mean 2-10 tons?

You must be thinking of older handbooks?

Each handbook clarifies what power ratings mean.

PS. Cap has been downgraded to 6/7 in fighting skills vin

darthgoober

Blade cannot take a dual stab from Azrael's thermal energy daggers and keep fighting.

You must be thinking of older handbooks?

Each handbook clarifies what power ratings mean.

PS. Cap has been downgraded to 6/7 in fighting skills vin
I was never a handbook person... I'm talking about the old comic cards lol

And yeah, I know it was all super inconsistent.

Vanguard

You think he can't. Blade's too fast for this guy also. Blade had to be disoriented and then stabbed.

Senor Cage
How is he too fast? The Suit of Sorrows gives you the strength and speed of all the past users. He's not too fast.

StiltmanFTW
I was never a handbook person... I'm talking about the old comic cards lol

And yeah, I know it was all super inconsistent.

Marvel Overpower card game?

Yeah, that's why we don't often use secondary sources here.

You think he can't. Blade's too fast for this guy also. Blade had to be disoriented and then stabbed.

He got disoriented... in a fair fight - he just couldn't dodge the flame breath.

Hint: Because he's NOT fast enough smile

darthgoober
Marvel Overpower card game?

Yeah, that's why we don't often use secondary sources here.

He got disoriented... in a fair fight - he just couldn't dodge the flame breath.

Hint: Because he's NOT fast enough smile
Nah not from Overpower, just the old collectible superhero trading cards like these...

https://www.google.com/search?q=marvel+comic+book+cards&rlz=1C1PRFI_enUS766US766&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiu1dOIrsHfAhUPKKwKHTqnAikQ_AUIECgD&biw=1242&bih=559#imgrc=RCQz9pg8THKinM:

StiltmanFTW
Nah not from Overpower, just the old collectible superhero trading cards like these...

https://www.google.com/search?q=marvel+comic+book+cards&rlz=1C1PRFI_enUS766US766&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiu1dOIrsHfAhUPKKwKHTqnAikQ_AUIECgD&biw=1242&bih=559#imgrc=RCQz9pg8THKinM:

Ah, those.

Yeah, power ratings there didn't mean what they do in handbooks:

https://tinyurl.com/ybzaauc6

Galan007
How about spending your time talking to Stiltman who does nothing but start arguments everywhere he goes? How about just listening to my simple request?

Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.