Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Read an article about it in Gameinformer. They said the story will be based on Secret Wars, and may grow from there.

Theyre focusing on making the story better than last time, and more RPGish. The graphics are getting an upgrade obsiously.

I just hope they port it to the PSP.

Anyways, use this thread to post any info or discussions on the upcoming Marvel game.

Mr. Slippyfist
Never saw Secret Wars coming for some reason...

But if this is true, then it'd be pretty damn cool.

jalek moye
the E3 thing said it rovles around some global assault based around Dr.Doom's place

Darth Vicious
MA2:Fusion. Supposedly u can combined powers from different characters and create a new character.

http://marvel.com/news/vgstories.4231.FIRST_LOOK~colon~_Marvel_Ultimate_Alliance_2

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/890/890421p1.html

willRules
Originally posted by Starscream M
Read an article about it in Gameinformer. They said the story will be based on Secret Wars, and may grow from there.

Theyre focusing on making the story better than last time, and more RPGish. The graphics are getting an upgrade obsiously.

I just hope they port it to the PSP.

Anyways, use this thread to post any info or discussions on the upcoming Marvel game.

Really? I'd heard it was gonna be based around Civil War?

Starscream M
Originally posted by willRules
Really? I'd heard it was gonna be based around Civil War? well the game starts off based on Secret Wars....perhaps it leads to Civil War

Starscream M
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
MA2:Fusion. Supposedly u can combined powers from different characters and create a new character.

http://marvel.com/news/vgstories.4231.FIRST_LOOK~colon~_Marvel_Ultimate_Alliance_2

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/890/890421p1.html I didn't read anything about creating new characters

you can combine powers...but that was part of Ultimate Alliance 1 and the Xmen legends games as well

Darth Vicious
Mustve misread(damn job always getting in the way, lol).

Arahan
Civiel War..so we will have a non BND Spiderman.
Cool I hope he gets his stingers. I just want to sting the bad guys to death big grin

Blind
Originally posted by Darth Vicious

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/890/890421p1.html

From what I read in GameInformer, it looks like they're basically just promoting the combo moves they had in the first one. I never saw anything in the entire article about making a new character. It really seemed to focus on fusing the two moves together - like in the first one, but with more focus on it. ie. Cap's shield and Iron Man's Blast. Something like that, and giving it a catchy name.

Blind
and someone else already pointed that out... crap. Should have read on. Sorry Darth.

All I know about this game is, it better have Deadpool in it. He was the best character in the first one!

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Starscream M
well the game starts off based on Secret Wars....perhaps it leads to Civil War

Secret War as in Bendis's Secret War, not the classic crossover.

And Bendis's Secret War will lead into the Civil War storyline.

willRules
Originally posted by H. S. 6

That sucks frusty

Nihilist
so galacus attacking earth plot has gone to the shits then.

Citizen V

And Bendis's Secret War will lead into the Civil War storyline.

Say it ain't so, HS6.. say it ain't so.

thumb down

Kazenji
Whats wrong with that story ?

willRules
Nothing, but IMO it's exactly that. Secret War was nothing special, just another generic storyline with good art (That doesn't mean anything when it's being put into a game.) Secret Wars on the other hand, was a fun action packed storyline, full of twists and turns. Also it's a valued piece of Marvel history, arguably being Marvel's first crossover event.

I don't care about the whole fusion of powers aspect of the game. All I want in MUA 2 is this....

1) LOTS and LOTS of playable characters. The more the merrier.
2) A large variety of levels and location. Like the first MUA, I want to be all over the place from Arcade's amusement park to New York to the Savage land to Avengers mansion to the moon etc etc.
3) Perhaps most importantly I'd like a decent plot, a good storyline. The first one was ok and I love how Doom's the main antagonist, but it'd be nice to have a change.
4) I want flashback missions. Not a training session like MUA 1 where you merely fight a boss at the end of a standard looking location. For example if playing Captain America's flashback, it has to be charging forward with soldiers for the Normandy invasions. Maybe culminating in a fight with the Red Skull and Baron Zemo. If having Spidey flashback have Spidey fighting Doc Ock in an underwater lair. I want pieces of comic history that will satisfy fans.

If these things were included in the new game, even if they were variations of my examples, I'd be happy with the game.

Rewmac
From the little E3 trailer, it looks junk shit.

llagrok
Nothing, but IMO it's exactly that. Secret War was nothing special, just another generic storyline with good art (That doesn't mean anything when it's being put into a game.) Secret Wars on the other hand, was a fun action packed storyline, full of twists and turns. Also it's a valued piece of Marvel history, arguably being Marvel's first crossover event.

I don't care about the whole fusion of powers aspect of the game. All I want in MUA 2 is this....

1) LOTS and LOTS of playable characters. The more the merrier.
2) A large variety of levels and location. Like the first MUA, I want to be all over the place from Arcade's amusement park to New York to the Savage land to Avengers mansion to the moon etc etc.
3) Perhaps most importantly I'd like a decent plot, a good storyline. The first one was ok and I love how Doom's the main antagonist, but it'd be nice to have a change.
4) I want flashback missions. Not a training session like MUA 1 where you merely fight a boss at the end of a standard looking location. For example if playing Captain America's flashback, it has to be charging forward with soldiers for the Normandy invasions. Maybe culminating in a fight with the Red Skull and Baron Zemo. If having Spidey flashback have Spidey fighting Doc Ock in an underwater lair. I want pieces of comic history that will satisfy fans.

If these things were included in the new game, even if they were variations of my examples, I'd be happy with the game.

So basically you want X-men Legends with more characters? D:

Doctor-Alvis
MUA was X-Men legends with more characters. Or different ones.

I hope they improve the AI so they use their powers more often, or at least attack more. I could out dps my entire team with weak punches from invisible woman. That's if the computer didn't get liberal with the 1 second burst button hold/tap attacks.

Citizen V
Originally posted by Kazenji
Whats wrong with that story ?

It's terrible.

And Secret Wars (the first one) isn't.

llagrok
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
MUA was X-Men legends with more characters. Or different ones.

I hope they improve the AI so they use their powers more often, or at least attack more. I could out dps my entire team with weak punches from invisible woman. That's if the computer didn't get liberal with the 1 second burst button hold/tap attacks.

There was no playback missions in MUA, only in XML 1.

They really need to fix that aggro as well, what's the point with durable characters when ALL the enemies target you.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Citizen V
It's terrible.

And Secret Wars (the first one) isn't.

While I agree Bendis's Secret War was nothing special, I'm looking forward to playing out the Civil War.

willRules
While I agree Bendis's Secret War was nothing special, I'm looking forward to playing out the Civil War.

I agree, I really enjoyed the series and it's nice that our fanboy desires in terms of hero vs hero can be fufiled in this game... yes

Starscream M
I wish they add a platforming element to the game (but they prob won't)

in the games so far, you just run around ad fight the same goons over and over, which gets repetitive

I hope they make levels with obstacles where you have to use platforming skills and where certain characters will be better than others

Citizen V

Yeah, I think the hero against hero thing'll wear off after a while though (much like in the comics itself).

Starscream M
I hope they differentiate the feel of the characters more

in ultimate alliance, fighting with Thor doesn't feel much than fighting with Spiderman

in part 2, they should make fighting with thor much more powerful and fighting with spiderman feel much more nimble, highlight the differences between the characters

Starscream M
trailer

the game's called Marvel Alliance 2: Fusion (as in fusion of heroe's powers together)

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/24/marvel-ous-new-ultimate-alliance-2-trailer/#comments

willRules
Why do they choose to focus on this fusion thing? I don't care about the fusion stuff!!!! mad

llagrok
Why do they choose to focus on this fusion thing? I don't care about the fusion stuff!!!! mad

I agree.

The whole "combine powers" was a fail in all the games anyway. Both specials hit at the same time and the guy screams "combo". There's no visual or anything and it was lame, but there wasn't a need to improve or focus on it. I never cared about the power fusion crap...

Starscream M
yeah, I don't like this fusion gimmick either

it seems like its' something that might be cool the first time you try it, but gets very repetitive very fast

I think it's meant to attract the video gamers rather than the comic fans

cuz we comic fans just want our characters, we could care less for fusion combos

willRules
Totally agree yes

Utrigita
Originally posted by Nihilist
so galacus attacking earth plot has gone to the shits then.

Not necessarily, it can spin into Earth Heroes have to unit from the Civil War to defeat him...

willRules
Originally posted by Utrigita
Not necessarily, it can spin into Earth Heroes have to unit from the Civil War to defeat him...

Or he could be the threat that reunites them (Like I'm betting Secret Invasion in the comics will be)

SevenShackles
Or he could be the threat that reunites them (Like I'm betting Secret Invasion in the comics will be)

sorta like that civil war what-if when the annihilation wave hit earth. they all came to their senses and fought off a galactic threat and the civil war crap just ended.

on that does anyone know if Nova will be part in this game? eek!

Norge
there won't be a decent marvel game until square make a rpg with the licence i.e. never. BAH!

Boy Blue
Or he could be the threat that reunites them (Like I'm betting Secret Invasion in the comics will be) Isn't that exactly what he said?

willRules
Originally posted by Boy Blue
Isn't that exactly what he said?

........... no expression

....no shifty ......

redhotrash
I agree, there wasnt enough differences between the characters. It seemed like there were about 15 or so special moves they recycled among everyone.

Starscream M
I'd rather they put time into creating 10 - 12 well-made characters than just giving us 20 generic characters with minor differences

Phantom Zone

peejayd

Kazenji
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 Official Playable Character List

http://www.marvel.com/news/vgstories.8210.Marvel~colon~_Ultimate_Alliance_2_Character_List

i've got a feeling there may be more

ExodusCloak
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 Official Playable Character List

http://www.marvel.com/news/vgstories.8210.Marvel~colon~_Ultimate_Alliance_2_Character_List

i've got a feeling there may be more

Venom and the Green Goblin were announced a few days ago.

Kazenji
Yeah, shows you how much Marvel knows

on the wikipedia page for the game it has a bigger list

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Ultimate_Alliance_2#Characters

ExodusCloak
Yeah, shows you how much Marvel knows

on the wikipedia page for the game it has a bigger list

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Ultimate_Alliance_2#Characters

1. Wolverine
2. Storm

5. Songbird
6. Green Goblin
7. Venom

9. Mr. Fantastic
10. Invisible Women
11. Human Torch
12. The Thing

13. Iron Man
14. Thor
15. Captain America
16. Hulk

19. Spider-Man
20. Daredevil
21. Iron Fist
22. Luke Cage
23. Deadpool

Juggernaut is a Pre-Order Exclusive.

My guesses are that there's still 2 Avengers left, 2 X-Men left, 1 Thunderbolt and 1 Marvel Universe Character. Plus there has to be at least 2 more females in the game.

I'm praying that Emma Frost and Cyclops are the 2 X-Men.

I'm guessing Ms. Marvel or Wasp will be one of them. And probably Hawkeye or Antman, Bullseye and Black Panther.

Trackz
Originally posted by Nihilist
so galactus attacking earth plot has gone to the shits then. no, the way they end these games in is no way a clue of the plot in the next game, in X-Men Legends 2 they had Apocalypse come back, but they just moved on to Marvel Ultimate Alliance without touching on that idea, I think galactus attacking the earth was just to show how even after the game is done Marvel Earth is always confronted by something new.

Doctor-Alvis
Maybe Galactus going after the Earth is the reason why he's in the secret wars in this story.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Trackz
no, the way they end these games in is no way a clue of the plot in the next game, in X-Men Legends 2 they had Apocalypse come back, but they just moved on to Marvel Ultimate Alliance without touching on that idea, I think galactus attacking the earth was just to show how even after the game is done Marvel Earth is always confronted by something new.

Completely different story there though. XML2 is not canon at all to the MUA world they are made by the same company but thats it.

Besides Apocalypse's vengeance would be short lived once the likes of Thor, surfer GR, etc come into play.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.