Star wars saga on youtube

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Some guy put the whole star wars saga on youtube. No copyright respect i say .

look !! mad

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?p=r&user=RandomFunVideos&page=3

someone done the same for Lotr

sweersa
Originally posted by coolmovies
Some guy put the whole star wars saga on youtube. No copyright respect i say .

look !! mad

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?p=r&user=RandomFunVideos&page=3

someone done the same for Lotr

Dang, he will get a crap load of copy right claims (youtube is ever so strict now) and his account will be wacked if he doesn't pull those videos ASAP.

queeq
Can't believe it is still up.

coolmovies
ya i noticed it been up for a month but if you read the replys people watched all six of them lolz

sweersa
ya i noticed it been up for a month but if you read the replys people watched all six of them lolz

Hahaha.

Youtube is a horrible place to watch Star Wars.

steverules
Looks like Lucas is gonna get some money and bring out the whole damn saga with added bits like JaJa's nude scene ha-son

queeq
Oh nooo!!!

coolmovies
its gonna be a long wait till it comes out on blu ray. I just want the OT on blu ray not the saga

coolmovies
This guy sucks lollz Michael Machell - Star Wars theme

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jyVGD-gea-Y

Sesse
Some (hundred) guys put Star Wars up as torrent, and it has been there since the beginning of time.

Why bother with youtube anyway?

queeq
For the non-torrent peeps.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
For the non-torrent peeps.

I (may or may not) found a 720p HD version of ROTS on a torrent site and downloaded it. Wow seriously, the opening space battle is even more amazing in such quality, as is the rest of the movie.

queeq
How can that be? There's no such master I think....

coolmovies
the HD version is on sky HD too

sweersa
How can that be? There's no such master I think....

The source was HDTV. I was skeptical at first, thinking it may have just been an upscaled version. But after watching it there is no way that came from a DVD. My uncle has an HD setup at his house, some channels have average movies like Star Trek from the 1990's in HD. That suprised me.

This raises a question, usually it is bad to download a movie, but I figured I have it on DVD, would it be wrong of me morally to download it in HD quality that I really can't get in any physical format at the moment?

Sesse
Originally posted by sweersa

This raises a question, usually it is bad to download a movie, but I figured I have it on DVD, would it be wrong of me morally to download it in HD quality that I really can't get in any physical format at the moment?

Buying a DVD quality movie -> 10 ..30 Euros?
Stealing a HD quality movie -> 0 Euros.

Getting something for nothing? Priceless!
Happy Dance

Just remember: WWPD?
What would Palpatine Do ?

queeq
It's called stealing.

Ah yes, the HDTV master... I forgot about that one.

JediRobin23
wow, someone who has not seen star wars has to click on the next part every 10 minutes. Must be annoying

Sesse
Originally posted by JediRobin23
wow, someone who has not seen star wars has to click on the next part every 10 minutes. Must be annoying

Those buggers tend to rush out of telly every few years, so I really doubt that there are many if any interested and unseen fans out there.

Curiously though, the New Trilogy has not yet rolled around here in its entirety.

And to Queeq: Stealing is a point of view. Did you watch any of those clips from youtube out of curiosity? You did, didn't you?

You have committed a theft, my friend. If you steal a box of candies and eat just one of them, it makes the crime no less severe, had you decided to eat the whole box.

sweersa
I wouldn't say it is stealing in some cases becuase I wouldn't have bought any of the DVD's I rip off anyways.

I guess it is debatable. To me it is copying. Not stealing. I don't profit from it money wise. If I really like a film or CD I buy it. Besides...how many people can say they have seen Indiana Jones and Ironman on DVD yet? hahahaha

Originally posted by Sesse
Buying a DVD quality movie -> 10 ..30 Euros?
Stealing a HD quality movie -> 0 Euros.

Getting something for nothing? Priceless!
Happy Dance

Just remember: WWPD?
What would Palpatine Do ?

Hahahaha!!!!!!

queeq

Those buggers tend to rush out of telly every few years, so I really doubt that there are many if any interested and unseen fans out there.

Curiously though, the New Trilogy has not yet rolled around here in its entirety.

And to Queeq: Stealing is a point of view. Did you watch any of those clips from youtube out of curiosity? You did, didn't you?

You have committed a theft, my friend. If you steal a box of candies and eat just one of them, it makes the crime no less severe, had you decided to eat the whole box.

I never watched those clips. Why should I? I own the lot on DVD... why on earth should I watch 10-minute clips on a computerscreen if I can sit down and relax.

It's still called stealing though. Even if I would watch those clips, it's still stealing. Just because someone else steals as well, doesn't make it less of a crime.

I only torrented the last episode of Lost because I missed it. But I will buy the box set when it comes out anyway. So... there. I pay my dues to the entertainment industry.

sweersa
I never watched those clips. Why should I? I own the lot on DVD... why on earth should I watch 10-minute clips on a computerscreen if I can sit down and relax.

It's still called stealing though. Even if I would watch those clips, it's still stealing. Just because someone else steals as well, doesn't make it less of a crime.

I only torrented the last episode of Lost because I missed it. But I will buy the box set when it comes out anyway. So... there. I pay my dues to the entertainment industry.

I don't think torrenting TV shows is illegal becuase you can tape them on VHS or DVR and it is cool.

I do it to the shows I watch all of the time becuase I usually can't watch them when they originally air.

Watching movies on the computer isn't bad if you have a suitable monitor and a nice chair. I do it sometimes. Widescreen LCD monitors make it fun. But I agree nothing is better than on an actual TV.

queeq
Yeah, broadcast stuff is a bit more dubious. In my country we can basically rewatch everything online, simply because the public broadcaster puts it online. It doesn't go for foreign series though... But it is a gery area.

Still, watching movie torrents is a form of stealing.

sweersa

Still, watching movie torrents is a form of stealing.

Yes it is, legally.

JediRobin23
Its called copyright infringement. Whatever your justification is, it doesn't really matter. Its copyright infringement, whether you get busted or not, it all depends on the seriousness. Downloading a movie? who has time to bust everyone who downloaded it. They usually only worry about the big timers who actually use this to sell DVD/s or make money. Things that affect the market system, where corporations loose money.
Problem is, to many people doing harmless deeds, affecting the sales of movies/music. Funny how it is, no wonder how there startibng to really crack down.
No control over the internet!
Were gonna have to build a new world! without restricting information cause the internet is here to stay and grow

sweersa
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Its called copyright infringement. Whatever your justification is, it doesn't really matter. Its copyright infringement, whether you get busted or not, it all depends on the seriousness. Downloading a movie? who has time to bust everyone who downloaded it. They usually only worry about the big timers who actually use this to sell DVD/s or make money. Things that affect the market system, where corporations loose money.
Problem is, to many people doing harmless deeds, affecting the sales of movies/music. Funny how it is, no wonder how there startibng to really crack down.
No control over the internet!
Were gonna have to build a new world! without restricting information cause the internet is here to stay and grow

I agree, millions are downloading illegally shared videos and music constantly. That's millions of different IP addresses the American Government or organizations or whoever else have no time or worry to look for. Like you said, it is usually the big bad boys who get tagged.

I do feel bad for the teens who get hammered by the system though. No kid should be treated like a criminal for downloading a movie. Some people are made into examples. To me, stealing a DVD from wal*mart is way worse than downloading that same film.

JediRobin23
Like I said, its still considered stealing. Usually, how the law functions, its having to deal with things that affect our current system. In a democracy, large corporations can get away with practiculy anything cause there key part to fuel our economy. The regular Joe (consumer) doesn't like drastic change so they live to there system. Companies can consider there doings illegal, the same way you feel stealing on the internet is less serious than grabbing stuff from Walmart. At a time, they introduced ethics for democracy. Your thoughts are not any different than the decision makers for large corporations. Its just that they can legally find loops holes, it makes it easier when billion dollar companies are key to your world/economy, life. Use that a a justification if you like.
So, the internet is here to stay, and changes need to be made to our current system. Or control the internet?

Sesse
Yes it is, legally.

Indeed.

Stealing, that has incredible odds favoring the suspect.

Stealing a car would give you some serious time and a criminal record.
Stealing a dvd from your local shop would be very hard, and theft is not exactly a good mark in your CV.

Stealing from torrents' "carry all your bandwidth can" buffet however offers you all the rewards with a risk small enough to make it statistically a no-brainer.

Meaning, if you are not a religious person, and you don't exactly believe in morality, there is no reason not to steal. Believers of faith may reconsider whether they wish to pawn their ticket to heaven.

The rest might as well buy a bigger hard drive....

Edit: Damn, did this post come out well. Every other sentence beginning with a word "steal". Well, I never was much of a writer.

sweersa
Indeed.

Stealing, that has incredible odds favoring the suspect.

Stealing a car would give you some serious time and a criminal record.
Stealing a dvd from your local shop would be very hard, and theft is not exactly a good mark in your CV.

Stealing from torrents' "carry all your bandwidth can" buffet however offers you all the rewards with a risk small enough to make it statistically a no-brainer.

Meaning, if you are not a religious person, and you don't exactly believe in morality, there is no reason not to steal. Believers of faith may reconsider whether they wish to pawn their ticket to heaven.

The rest might as well buy a bigger hard drive....

Edit: Damn, did this post come out well. Every other sentence beginning with a word "steal". Well, I never was much of a writer.

Well said, everyone. I am a Christian, I personally don't consider illegal file sharing stealing in most cases so its not like I have any problems doing it. (If I did it mind you.)

queeq
Well I do. If no one goes to theatres nd pay for a ticket, if no one rents or buys DVD's or Blu-rays, nothing will be made.

Once you get a product without paying for it, it's stealing unless someone gives you an official copy as a present. Judging whether something is morally okay by yourself leads to stretching your own moral to suit your own desires. If we all go that way, society is about to fall.

sweersa
Well I do. If no one goes to theatres nd pay for a ticket, if no one rents or buys DVD's or Blu-rays, nothing will be made.

Once you get a product without paying for it, it's stealing unless someone gives you an official copy as a present. Judging whether something is morally okay by yourself leads to stretching your own moral to suit your own desires. If we all go that way, society is about to fall.

I understand. But everyone doesn't go that way. Really nothing beats watching the film at the theatre and such.

I remember reading this story on some news website that said music downloads have little if any real impact on CD sales. If you are interested I could find it. They had a lot of info to back it up. I used it in a school paper.

I do agree if you really like a movie you should buy it or see it at the theatre to support the producers..etc. Thats what I do.

queeq
CD sales have been dropping for many years now. Internet buying of songs has increased, apparantly that seems to even out. But CD is out, it's near to extinction.

I buy my movies or see them in theatres.

sweersa
CD sales have been dropping for many years now. Internet buying of songs has increased, apparantly that seems to even out. But CD is out, it's near to extinction.

I buy my movies or see them in theatres.

I wouldn't say it is near to extinction, atleast in the US, people still like physical copies here. At least the CD stores and departments in larger stores with CD's seem to be doing pretty well. Record Companies wouldn't still release physical CD's if it was a near to an extinct format. Sales still must justify and go beyond the cost of sampling discs and labeling, etc.

queeq

sweersa

Sesse
Perhaps the movie file-size will catch up with the internet connection speeds in a way that makes downloading high quality movies frustrating?

At the moment, pulling 1 GB in 15 minutes under optimal conditions makes movie downloading just a tad too fast to be considered unpractical.

Surely, copies can lower the quality, but its still a high quality versions, that most movie downloaders are after.

Well, I think they were at least... *IF* I were such a person, I would think like that.

queeq
I foresee either higher internet speeds or you just go down to a stor, plug in your USB or next generation stick en download it in a couple of seconds. Basically what we could already do with music.
Storage is getting so cheap, it's not hard to imagine walking around with a terrabyte not long from now.

I hope to be getting my iPhone soon. It has 8 G... which is huge if you think about it... just in a small device like that. Yup, it's harddisk we go. Which is also a tad dodgy, because what is our safe back-up system gonna be?

Sesse

what is our safe back-up system gonna be?

confused RAID-1?

sweersa
Perhaps the movie file-size will catch up with the internet connection speeds in a way that makes downloading high quality movies frustrating?

At the moment, pulling 1 GB in 15 minutes under optimal conditions makes movie downloading just a tad too fast to be considered unpractical.

Surely, copies can lower the quality, but its still a high quality versions, that most movie downloaders are after.

Well, I think they were at least... *IF* I were such a person, I would think like that.

Hehehe.

My IT instructor told me that this college was expirmenting with a really fast kind of a network that could someday be used for the internet. The speeds were so high you could download gigabytes in seconds. As you can imagine they pulled the plug on that particular type becuase people were using it to download films and such.

queeq
But itw ill come. I rememebr the time I had to phone in... it took me hours to get 5MB downloaded. Now it's just a few seconds.

confused RAID-1?

Still a hard disk.

sweersa
But itw ill come. I rememebr the time I had to phone in... it took me hours to get 5MB downloaded. Now it's just a few seconds.

Still a hard disk.

I believe you can configure a RAID set up to have constant back up disks. I personally use an external hard drive to back up precious data and files.

Another thing to do (expensive) is to use the new SSD (Solid State Disks) They are basically hard drives that work using flash technology which has no moving parts allowing for a much, much longer life than conventional hard disks with the moving platters and actuator arms.

Sesse
And while we are on the tech - topic, I must tell the world about the joys of Vista.

That arse stain just let me happily reformat the "hidden" restore-system-partition from the hard drive, while doing everything in its power to stop me from repartitioning my very own E- partition with admin rights! Meaning: Vista HAD a backup meachanism a 10 minutes ago, but I guess It was deemed unimportant enough to be protected by OS....

And the only reason for me to tamper with it was the fact that I mistook it as "lost" partition which I suspected happening from Vistas very own partition program crashing in the middle of its duty.

GJ Vista! GJ!

sweersa
And while we are on the tech - topic, I must tell the world about the joys of Vista.

That arse stain just let me happily reformat the "hidden" restore-system-partition from the hard drive, while doing everything in its power to stop me from repartitioning my very own E- partition with admin rights! Meaning: Vista HAD a backup meachanism a 10 minutes ago, but I guess It was deemed unimportant enough to be protected by OS....

And the only reason for me to tamper with it was the fact that I mistook it as "lost" partition which I suspected happening from Vistas very own partition program crashing in the middle of its duty.

GJ Vista! GJ!

I have Windows XP. Whenever I want to make a new partition I usually use a program (open free) called Parted Magic to make new partitions or split an existing one. Make to to defrag first.

Sesse
Yeah... I have the tools, but VISTA(tm) either gives me "access denied" for touching partition E,
or
"Oh-noes! Its OS-partition" for trying to touch C.

I have tried Vistas own jellydickware tool, as well as EASEUS partition manager. Looks like its time to grab the classic Partition magic...

Plus I doubt it matters, what software I dangle infront of my problem. As long as Vista is determined to shoot my efforts down, this spaceship aint flying....

Whole mess began with virtual ramdrive, Fat32 format, Colliding standards, some tweaks. And it has gone on for hours.

Yeehaw!

sweersa
Yeah... I have the tools, but VISTA(tm) either gives me "access denied" for touching partition E,
or
"Oh-noes! Its OS-partition" for trying to touch C.

I have tried Vistas own jellydickware tool, as well as EASEUS partition manager. Looks like its time to grab the classic Partition magic...

Plus I doubt it matters, what software I dangle infront of my problem. As long as Vista is determined to shoot my efforts down, this spaceship aint flying....

Whole mess began with virtual ramdrive, Fat32 format, Colliding standards, some tweaks. And it has gone on for hours.

Yeehaw!

You can get an open source program that boots off of a CD (after you download and burn it) called Parted Magic. It will boot you off of the CD on a small Linux based operating system that can create new, delete, or split partitions. Sense you are working off on the Linux OS off of the CD Vista isn't running to give you any grief. You will be working outside of windows on the linux OS on the CD which is unique to only work with the partitions.

http://www.icewalkers.com/Linux/Software/528520/Parted-Magic.html

I have used this program to successfully split one of my hard drives into two partitions.

I recommend you backup your data before using any partition splitting tools. Don't forget to defrag first.

Goodluck.

Sesse
Thanks.

The end result was something along these lines:

Partion magic detected an error Vista had caused earlier and fixed it. Resulting a bad partition. Luckily I had all the important stuff on the external 500 G disk, but there went up some 45 gigs. Mostly software installations, so the damage was not that significant.

Pity...

sweersa
Thanks.

The end result was something along these lines:

Partion magic detected an error Vista had caused earlier and fixed it. Resulting a bad partition. Luckily I had all the important stuff on the external 500 G disk, but there went up some 45 gigs. Mostly software installations, so the damage was not that significant.

Pity...

Your welcome. I am sorry to hear about the problem Vista caused. Its a good thing you had your important data backed up. If you have anything on the bad partition, try physically installing the hard drive with that partition in another computer as a slave drive and maybe try manually recovering any files from the bad partition. Hopefully the OS of the host computer can read the bad partition.

Sesse
Your welcome. I am sorry to hear about the problem Vista caused.

Thank you for sympathy.

Luckily the paradigm of my hard-drives could be described as FLOWER- and ROOTS.

If the roots are intact, the flower will always grow back just as pretty as it was. Luckily it was the flower that was burned this time. As there was nothing but installed softwares. Even all my programming projects have their daily backups in safety.

So, in the end all it took was to delete the bad partition and reform new one from the space it left.

Reinstalling is already on its way. wink

sweersa
Thank you for sympathy.

Luckily the paradigm of my hard-drives could be described as FLOWER- and ROOTS.

If the roots are intact, the flower will always grow back just as pretty as it was. Luckily it was the flower that was burned this time. As there was nothing but installed softwares. Even all my programming projects have their daily backups in safety.

So, in the end all it took was to delete the bad partition and reform new one from the space it left.

Reinstalling is already on its way. wink

No problem. I wish you luck while re-installing. It can be frustrating getting things back to normal.

queeq
Buy a Mac.

sweersa
Buy a Mac.

lol

Almost had me for a second there...

Sesse
Buy a Mac.

Thats like watching porn after getting dumped. sad

queeq
I have both... hehehe...

coolmovies
why dont you buy the movies ? Thats what i did ! the viewing experance of watching it on tv is better then downloading and watching it on pc

sweersa
why dont you buy the movies ? Thats what i did ! the viewing experance of watching it on tv is better then downloading and watching it on pc

Well I don't currently see a way of burning my 720p HD ROTS on any affordable format so watching it on my computer is best.

I also have a 22' Widescreen LCD monitor...muhahaha.

I have both... hehehe...

Nice.

Sesse

Bull reproductive organ!

I assume you are currently buying DVD movies? Those things have the DVD standard resolution of 800x600 (haven't really memorized, wikipedia helps if you want the exact specs).

As pointed out in a previous post somewhere in this jungle of a thread, there are rather high quality bootlegs floating about the torrent ocean.

Now. Lets do the math. Some high quality movie bootleg on your computer + digital output from your gfx card + 32 inc Plasma tv with similar input in its arse.

Beats the crap out of dvd hands down.

Blu-ray is likely going to change this though.

coolmovies
you can get HD movies on torrent

Sesse
you can get HD movies on torrent

That is true.

sweersa
Oh yeah, it most certainly is. Even with DSL is takes a crap load of time to download though!

Sesse
Indeed. No matter how hard you suck it, the speed is actually determined by the suckers sharing with their 12 B/s homemade modems.

Edit: Not that Im trying to sound educating, it just came off that way. =P

I have never received my 1000 Kb/s down speeds consistently in any single torrent.

Oh well, suppose its more like making homemade booze. Set the thing up and let it bubble... Come back later and enjoy.

sweersa
Indeed. No matter how hard you suck it, the speed is actually determined by the suckers sharing with their 12 B/s homemade modems.

Edit: Not that Im trying to sound educating, it just came off that way. =P

I have never received my 1000 Kb/s down speeds consistently in any single torrent.

Oh well, suppose its more like making homemade booze. Set the thing up and let it bubble... Come back later and enjoy.

Hahaha. I totally agree. Sometimes I start downloading something big before I go to bed and wake up to it hopefully done. My download speeds on torrents are also all over the place.

With my broadband internet connection at around 2.6 Al Gores (mb/s) per second large torrent downloads also lag my connection some.

queeq
Of course.

sweersa
Of course.

Torrents hog a lot of bandwidth. Do you ever surf the torrents queeq? smile You get some good deals there. wink

queeq
Rarely... takes too long and I prefer to buy my movies.

sweersa
Rarely... takes too long and I prefer to buy my movies.

There is nothing like owning an official physical copy. If I maybe only want to see a movie once or something I'll just nab it from the web.

I also do that with TV shows, sense usually the times they are on don't work for me, downloading them and then watching them is the best option.

queeq
I do it for tv shows occasionally, especially when I miss an episode. I missed thet last epsiode of Lost.... well, can't wait to see that until the DVD comes out.

sweersa
I do it for tv shows occasionally, especially when I miss an episode. I missed thet last epsiode of Lost.... well, can't wait to see that until the DVD comes out.

I followed Lost the first few episodes of the first season...I couldn't keep up with it. Seems very little happens in each episode that I saw and they were stalling things to make more seasons. But I could be wrong as I haven't watched it in years.

My high school even had a class/club about the show Lost! They would watch it and draw theories, conclusions, and discuss it!

queeq
It friggin' great. It answers very little, and always gives you something new to go on. But the character development is great stuff.

sweersa
It friggin' great. It answers very little, and always gives you something new to go on. But the character development is great stuff.

My friend likes it. I have a question though. Why is the fat guy still fat?

Hahaha.

queeq
Lost is full of mysteries. That's what so great about it. That question is even asked in the series a couple of times.

sweersa
Lost is full of mysteries. That's what so great about it. That question is even asked in the series a couple of times.

lol Maybe he loads up on natural growing fruit!

queeq
It's a mystery... just as tehre are many mysteries. And only a few get answered. But they usually lead to more mysteries.

Sesse
Bah. Lost is nothing but a remade "Earth 2".

And I can only say one thing about it: "So NOW you people watch it?!!"

Some background to reveal the causes for my frustration:

http://themacjedi.com/2006/04/23/lost-a-remake-of-earth-2/

I happened to enjoy Earth 2, but it wouldn't get enough viewers to continue airing. But now... Now people watch same stuff with dedication of a monk. Who knows where Earth 2 had ended up had it gained such popularity back then.

sweersa
The last season of Lost should be called "Found."

Hahaha.

queeq
HEhehehe

So what if it's like Earth 2. Somehow the Lost-makers managed to gain more popularity, coz I never heard of Earth 2 myself.

sweersa
HEhehehe

I never heard of Earth 2 myself.

My guess is that is likely a good thing. lol

Bardock42
I don't believe in copyright.

queeq
Prolly because you never made anything worth copyright.

sweersa
Prolly because you never made anything worth copyright.

pwn

Queeq you have a dark side don't you? I did until I found my shaver.

Bardock42
Prolly because you never made anything worth copyright. Possibly.

Or for different reasons.

queeq
Care to expand?

General G
I don't think he likes you much stick out tongue

queeq
He doesn't by now.

General G
haha clearly not. But who really does? stick out tongue

queeq
True.

General G
Once in a while I do.

Lord Knightfa11
r u kidding? queeq's more interesting then a wet pussy cat!

sweersa
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
r u kidding? queeq's more interesting then a wet pussy

I don't get it.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by General G
I don't think he likes you much stick out tongue

Lord Knightfa11
r u kidding? queeq's more interesting then a wet pussy cat! my reply

sweersa
my reply

Oh, I thought that cat was a typo...hmm, still don't get it. wink

queeq
Just accept it then.

sweersa
Just accept it then.

Maybe I should send Ush a PM and ask him. He is ever so kind and a very loving individual.

Ahsoka Tano
Maybe I should send Ush a PM and ask him. He is ever so kind and a very loving individual.

Don't pick up the soap.

sweersa
Originally posted by Ahsoka Tano
Don't pick up the soap.

Hahaha.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.