Star Wars: The Old Republic [KOTOR MMO]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth fury

Obsidian Fury
Darn

darth fury
Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
Darn
Why? not on console? or you have to pay for the MMO? I don't mind really i'd rather have it on my 360 or Ps3 but PC is fine for me aswell.

Morridini
Need more official sources before I truly believe it.

Obsidian Fury
"Darn" as in "I do not want KotOR to be a MMO"

Quincy
Screw an MMO. The other KOTORS were awesome because of their incredible story and how into it you could get. An MMO is, less engaging.

WrathfulDwarf
You put KOTOR and Bioware in the same sentence and I'm listening with interest.

Morridini
In hunting down more sources for this I came upon the article from Joystick which darth fury copied from: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/17/porfolio-com-lucasarts-and-bioware-building-kotor-mmo/

And here is where Joystick got their info: http://www.portfolio.com/views/blogs/the-tech-observer/2008/07/17/ea-to-play-in-knights-of-the-old-republic

IMO an MMO set in the KotOR era would be the best fundation fro any MMO ever. With all the stuff that has alreayd been established for that era, combined with all the stuff we know almost nothing about, an MMO can spin out a lot of great stuff. And if the rumours are true and this is BioWare, then I'll be veyr excited.

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

You put KotOR and MMO in the same sentence and I'm losing interest stick out tongue

The j0keR
If its true, ill give it a chance, but I am hugely disappointed.

Morridini
Originally posted by The j0keR

Why so?
A KotOR MMO doesn't mean we won't get KotOR III.
Just means we will get an MMO that possibly will be the best one.

darth fury

It's definatly Bioware and Lucasarts. EA is publishing.

Peach
Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
You put KotOR and MMO in the same sentence and I'm losing interest stick out tongue

Same. Though generally, having KOTOR, MMO, or Bioware anywhere in a sentence causes me to lose interest.

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by Morridini
Why so?
A KotOR MMO doesn't mean we won't get KotOR III.
Just means we will get an MMO that possibly will be the best one.
KOTOR MMO=No KOTOR 3 for another 3-4 years. I would much rather have KOTOR 3 because I'll play it.

Icy Ninja
I would rather Kotor 3 than a mmo, for one thing i don't know if my computer will be able to play it and if they do make a Kotor 3 it most likely wont be out for several years.

Morridini
After reading through the article carefuly (skimmed trhough ti earlier 'causde I was busy):

This migth mean we could get both KotOR III and an MMO, seperated into two parts somehow.

xxxpoppunker182
they should have done kotor 3 and tied up all the loose ends with revan and the exile and have the ending lead into a mmo.

i swear if the mmo means no kotor 3 i'll be pissed

Smasandian
They way the guy from EA said it, sound very similar to Hellgate.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Quincy
Screw an MMO. The other KOTORS were awesome because of their incredible story and how into it you could get. An MMO is, less engaging.

darth fury
Maybe the MMO is KOTOR 3, like guildwars. It might have a decent storyline like Guildwars etc.

SO bascially a combat based MMO

ragesRemorse

GenomeFrozener
Originally posted by The j0keR

QFT

QFT again.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by darth fury
Maybe the MMO is KOTOR 3, like guildwars. It might have a decent storyline like Guildwars etc.

that would be the lamest thing to ever happen to kotor

Dark-Jaxx
I would prefer KOTOR 3, but meh. If they do this game right, I'll get it.

Obsidian Fury

KotOR would suck as MMO. Your interaction with the world and characters will not even remotely be the same. It just will not work like previous KotOR. If it turns out that KotOR 3 will be a MMO, I will get very disappointed. What I like the most with KotOR was the various depths of each path, be it good or evil, and the interaction with different characters.

It is impossible to get the same touch.

Kapton JAC
I don't want it to be KOTOR 3, just because you can't have as engaging story in an MMO, but an MMO in the KOTOR time frame sounds interesting.

darth fury

WrathfulDwarf
Bioware just made the confirmation:

We'll see how this one will go...

Morridini
Imo, it's great news. Sure a KotOR III woul dbe great to get down the line, to finish the Revan and Exile story-arcs, but this is the ultimate setting for an MMO, so I welcome thos with open arms.

Nactous
Wow! This game excites me in ways no woman ever has...

SpaceMonkey
I'm VERY excited about this. I just hope it doesn't become a failure down the line like Star Wars: Galaxies did. Wait, it's not Sony, so it can't, right? RIGHT??!!

tom_servo
Wait. Didn't Star Wars Galaxies suck?

To coin a phrase...I have a very bad feeling about this..

ragesRemorse
As long as it's a quality mmorpg then i have no problem with this. Because, im sure, if the game does well there will be new single player KOTOR games or even just offering single player quests would be fine enough.

Morridini
They did say somewhere (possibly IOGN article) that most of the game shall be soloable.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by tom_servo
Wait. Didn't Star Wars Galaxies suck?

To coin a phrase...I have a very bad feeling about this..

I admit to be among the few that really like the game in the early days. But the bugs and glitches were annoying. For me Galaxies went down the tube with the addition of Jedis. Too many damn ligthsabers kill it for me.

Morridini
A lot of Jedi in ANH era is just silly, but in this Old Republic area we expect to see a substantial amount of Jedi/Sith.

SpaceMonkey
I admit to be among the few that really like the game in the early days. But the bugs and glitches were annoying. For me Galaxies went down the tube with the addition of Jedis. Too many damn ligthsabers kill it for me.

Yeah, I liked SWG early on also. The housing aspect and the crafting and searching for minerals were the best part of the game. But that was before the dark times...

THE JLRTENJAC
Imo, it's great news. Sure a KotOR III woul dbe great to get down the line, to finish the Revan and Exile story-arcs, but this is the ultimate setting for an MMO, so I welcome thos with open arms.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

k1Lla441
Why? not on console? or you have to pay for the MMO? I don't mind really i'd rather have it on my 360 or Ps3 but PC is fine for me aswell. arent most good MMOS on pc anyways?

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Yeah, I liked SWG early on also. The housing aspect and the crafting and searching for minerals were the best part of the game. But that was before the dark times...

Ah yes! those were fun. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
A point I have made in the SW area several times (along with my opinion that I don't actually think they really have a plotline for KOTOR III so it will never happen) is that 'Galaxies' was a fundamentally rubbish setting for an MMO. The Civil War is no good for a standard MMO experience because both sides, plot wise, are totally imbalanced; it is a guerilla war, mostly, and you just cannot represent that in the crafting/levelling/social world of an MMO without getting it entirely wrong. And what happened? Well... they DID get it entirely wrong, didn't they? The setting is absolutely nothing like Star Wars, and that's before we even get started on the Jedi debacle, and that's before we even get started on the gameplay issues.

Now, a KOTOR-set (roughly) game is a MUCH better idea. There you can have a balanced set-up from the off- strong 'empires' on both sides, lots of Jedi, lots of Sith, lots of freedom. It's a much more sensible setting.

Not that I will be playing- because a. monthly fees put me off immensly, b. it will be ruined by other people playing noble Jedi like Leiasucksme785 and c. I'll lay you any odds that their interpretation of Lihgt Side/Dark Side, the Force and morality in SW will piss me off.

But all that aside, it's a winning idea and it will be far more popular than the reaction in, say, the Star Wars EU section has made it out to be. Frankly, I reckon not many people will care about a KOTOR III before long.

Nactous
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Now, a KOTOR-set (roughly) game is a MUCH better idea. It's a much more sensible setting.

eek! I'm adding this to my sig.

MIŠT
Looks pretty nice.

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/4585/89745079ne1.jpg

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/4245/92590425vy2.jpg

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/4688/84735744gt5.jpg

Hopefully the classes are more customizable.

MIŠT
Damn, just missed out on the edit time...

"In designing content that works equally well for both saints and scoundrels, many MMOs are left with rather generic stories where the only real roleplaying is whatever the player projects onto the action.

The solution is to give each class its own story arc. While it means the writers have to create a lot more content, it also pays tribute to the fact that "not everybody's fantasy was to be Luke." There's plenty of opportunity to tell equally interesting stories for other possible character types like smugglers, bounty hunters, politicians and moisture farmers. Okay, well, maybe not so much with the moisture farmers, but those other possibilities seem like they'd have experiences that are every bit as exciting as you'd get as a Jedi.

In creating a specific story for each class, the writers can actually heighten the drama and highlight the key moments and moods that work for the type of character you're playing. So your class story will start right away with you being introduced to your class, not based solely on the mechanics of gameplay, but in terms of what motivates your particular class and how you should start thinking about your opportunities. "

Sounds interesting, but also kinda restrictive. What if you want to create a hybrid class? Or Jedi-turned-smuggler?

Ushgarak
I can confidently say that just about no-one ever wanted to be Luke.

When it coems to being Jedi/Sith, the inspirations come from the PT, mostly.

Also I am highly unconvinced that there can be any equivalent experience at all for a politician in a computer MMO. In the end, these things are action based.

Nactous
I can confidently say that just about no-one ever wanted to be Luke.

When it coems to being Jedi/Sith, the inspirations come from the PT, mostly.

Also I am highly unconvinced that there can be any equivalent experience at all for a politician in a computer MMO. In the end, these things are action based.

No one ever said the politician couldn't enter "aggressive negations"

Morridini
Got a source ofr all of that Mist?

WrathfulDwarf

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Nactous
No one ever said the politician couldn't enter "aggressive negations"

Magnificently not the point, is it?

Unless your Politicans are somehow just as hard in a fight as all the Bounty Hunters and Jedi, in which case it is an equally bad design move.

Peach
Yeah, politicians are generally not as combat-ready as character classes that are...designed for combat...aggressive negotiations from some Senator that's figured out the correct way to hold a blaster isn't going to mean anything when you compare it to a character class that makes a living off of their ability to fight and kill.

Anyway, eh. I won't play it. I'm not fond of MMOs for the most part and even less fond of the idea of paying to play a game I've already paid for once. Nor did I care for KOTOR much (I don't get why people praise the plot so much, it's not THAT great). But an MMO in that era could work well. I like playing Jedi (Dark Jedi if available), and it's at least an era where there were plenty of them around, more or less.

Personally, I'd still prefer something in the PT era as that's my favorite setting in the SW universe, but this could work out to be a decent game if they handle it well.

Nactous
Magnificently not the point, is it?

Unless your Politicans are somehow just as hard in a fight as all the Bounty Hunters and Jedi, in which case it is an equally bad design move.

Not all XP has to be gained through combat you know... As a politician you could have people fight for you, like droids or body guards.

Nactous
Originally posted by Peach
Nor did I care for KOTOR much (I don't get why people praise the plot so much, it's not THAT great).

That's your opinion, I may not agree with it, but I do respect it.

Ushgarak
Not all XP has to be gained through combat you know... As a politician you could have people fight for you, like droids or body guards.

That XP comment is utterly irrelevant, and not only will a system where you have other people fight for you not work (other players will just target you instead), it also is simply an incredibly boring way to play that people won't like.

So it won;t be done like that, for sure, even if it was a good idea, which it is not.

No matter what you say, the dichotomy remains. A computer-based Star Wars MMO game is action heavy- action dominated, in fact. A politician class simply does not work in a game like that unless he is as useful in a fight as any other class, which then beggers the question of why you would have the class in there at all.

It's a design mis-step if true. The 'if' needs saying because I suspect this is more something being assumed than a confirmed feature.

Nactous
Couldnt you have been an artisan in SWG though? As well as a medic?

Ushgarak
Trsding is a little different- that actually you can pull off because the game can give you something continuous to do- however, I still rate that as a very poor idea, left over from the Ultima Online school of thinking. Whilst a Medic is just a Healer, a staple of these games (although a staple which actually is an error as Healers end up becoming either ineffective or too important). Even in Galaxies, Politician is only a sub-class. Of course, let's not forget that Galaxies is simply not a very good game, which is why this is replacing it.

An MMO has a monthly fee and so there has to be something there that keeps you coming back each month- be that gridning or some other form of fun repatable activity. You cannot do that with a politician class.

All things like crafting and trading- and for that matter politics- should be subsets of what other characters can do. Look at WoW and Guild Wars, two games which knew how to make themselves successful. Every single class is built around what it does in a fight; all other options are equally available to all.

It's the only approach that really works in a game like this, especially when the majority of players will be waving lightsabres in your face. When you try and make primary professions based aorund totally non-combat areas, you start to tie yourself in knots and it will inevitably go bad.

Nactous
TOR isnt replacing SWG.....Both will still be up at the sametime.

Ushgarak
Yeah, sure, 'not replacing'...

This game only exists because SWG was a bit of a cock-up. They'll milk the subscriptions out of Galaxies for as long as they can before it quietly dies.

Peach
Hardly anyone plays SWG anyway; I'll bet that a lot of the people who do play it will jump ship once this comes out.

Considering that MMOs in general, and especially a SW-related one, are action-oriented...no, that really wouldn't work. Nor would it be any fun.

Nactous
Purchased Galaxies, but never played it. Always heard bad things...

Nactous
Hardly anyone plays SWG anyway; I'll bet that a lot of the people who do play it will jump ship once this comes out.

Considering that MMOs in general, and especially a SW-related one, are action-oriented...no, that really wouldn't work. Nor would it be any fun.

I don't know... I always thought it would be cool to be a senator.

Peach
I don't know... I always thought it would be cool to be a senator.

I think it could be fun, sure, but not in this sort of game. There's really no way it could work without being horribly unbalanced or just plain not fun.

Nactous
There were a few Jedi politicians back then I believe, even a few Jedi Chancellors too.

Morridini

Ushgarak
Except this is not even remotely like a Pokemon game. The comparison does not work at all. In Pokemon the entire system, from the base up, is built around doing that. Everyone is on the same playing field.

In a game that works the way games like this works, it is not an option that is viable. There are so many things wrong with it!

Bardock42
The concept of having others fight for you in itself is not that bad really, it worked certainly quite good with the Necromancer in Diablo 2. But having a politician with a bodyguard is something entirely different again and I am not sure how that could work, really.

Ushgarak
It is indeed different, not like a minion creator, like a Necromancer.

As I say, though, the only person who used the word 'politician' was the person commenting, not Bioware, so probably not worth jumping to conclusions.

MIŠT
Got a source ofr all of that Mist?

IGN has a whole bunch of new stuff on the game:

First Details
http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/922/922115p1.html

Story Details
http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/922/922656p1.html

Art Direction
http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/923/923056p1.html

No release date, or even speculation on release date yet. They also say in one of those links theres enough content in the game to cover KOTOR #3-#9 or something. So it should be huge.

Maybe the thread could be renamed Star Wars - The Old Republic MMO? Also theres a thread on page 2 I think, maybe merge?

THE JLRTENJAC
That's your opinion, I may not agree with it, but I do respect it.

Ok, sir... What did you do with Nac?

Admiral Akbar

THE JLRTENJAC
I have faith in Bioware's abilities. They haven't let us down yet.

Peach
Well, depends on what sort of games you like, really; I'm not a fan of their stuff.

Anyway, short article on this in the new Game Informer. Doesn't really say much though.

Nactous
Well, depends on what sort of games you like, really; I'm not a fan of their stuff.

Anyway, short article on this in the new Game Informer. Doesn't really say much though.

Why do you come in simply to bash opinions?

Peach
Um, sharing my own opinion that happens to differ from yours is bashing opinions?

I apologize to inform you of this fact but sometimes people will have different opinions!

Nemesis X
Wait a minute. Bioware's making this game? It shouldn't be that bad because they're the ones that made Mass Effect and that game's awesome. I don't see how Bioware's gonna fail at this.

Nactous
Um, sharing my own opinion that happens to differ from yours is bashing opinions?

I apologize to inform you of this fact but sometimes people will have different opinions!

You don't even give a reason. I have no problems with a different opinion. But an opinion that just says "I don't like something," just to kill someones joy/interest is kinda...cruel.

Nactous
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I don't see how Bioware's gonna fail at this.

They wont. wink The IP is in good hands once again.

NonSensi-Klown
Well, it's an MMO.

Nactous
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Well, it's an MMO.

Really?......

Peach
You don't even give a reason. I have no problems with a different opinion. But an opinion that just says "I don't like something," just to kill someones joy/interest is kinda...cruel.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now why I disliked KOTOR or Mass Effect.

My point is, not everyone thinks Bioware is perfect.

Nactous
But please, tell us why you dont like them....

Peach
Why? It's off-topic to this thread.

Nactous
Uhhu

NonSensi-Klown
Really?......

Nah, just ****in with you. It's an FPS.

General Kaliero
Nac, drop it. This thread is about The Old Republic, not Peach's opinion on two other games.

Nactous
No, lets have her weigh KotOR against The Old Republic. And see what problems in the former that she fears will reemerge in the latter. I'm sure that's keeping it "on-topic."

Peach
No, lets have her weigh KotOR against The Old Republic. And see what problems in the former that she fears will reemerge in the latter. I'm sure that's keeping it "on-topic."

How can I weigh anything against a game that's not yet out?

Not to mention that they're going to be completely different games.

Besides, this being an MMO, I'm not going to bother with it by default.

Nactous
Well what about KotOR do you hope doesn't 'pop up' in TOR?

Peach
Mediocre plot, half-assed alignment system, and zero consequences for evil actions, for starters.

If I play an evil character, I want there to be shades of evil. And not just the straight "kill everyone" type of evil, as well. And people shouldn't be acting like you're just completely normal. Normal people running from you, bounty hunters being on your tail...THAT sort of thing.

I don't expect a video game to ever get anything remotely resembling a decent alignment system - it's just really difficult to do - but at least try a little harder. I'm so sick of games that say your actions have an effect on something when they actually don't.

Nactous
Mediocre plot, half-assed alignment system, and zero consequences for evil actions, for starters.

If I play an evil character, I want there to be shades of evil. And not just the straight "kill everyone" type of evil, as well. And people shouldn't be acting like you're just completely normal. Normal people running from you, bounty hunters being on your tail...THAT sort of thing.

I don't expect a video game to ever get anything remotely resembling a decent alignment system - it's just really difficult to do - but at least try a little harder. I'm so sick of games that say your actions have an effect on something when they actually don't.

Did you play 2?

Zack Fair
*Hurt*

Mediocre plot?

*Sniffs*

General Kaliero
Did you play 2?
KotOR II was even worse. They admitted they rushed out an incomplete story, for one.

And Kreia taunted me the entire game by being exactly the kind of evil I wanted to be, but the game wouldn't allow. That was just cruel.

I might be interested by TOR, if they allow that sort of quiet, manipulative Dark Sidedness.

Peach
Did you play 2?

KOTOR2? Couldn't finish it. I got bored and quit a quarter of the way through.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
*Hurt*

Mediocre plot?

*Sniffs*

I've played much better RPG plots on this very site.

Nactous
Originally posted by Zack Fair
*Hurt*

Mediocre plot?

*Sniffs*

I know right roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nactous

I've played much better RPG plots on this very site.

Ush's games?

Peach
Ush's games?

The ones that you always try to barge into and disrupt?

Yeah, those ones.

General Kaliero
Nac, don't double post.

And yes, Ush's games make the KotOR games look childish in comparison.

That's another thing I doubt will bode well for TOR. Engaging personal storylines are very difficult for MMOs.

Zack Fair
Well I dunno if pitting a game's plot vs a self-made RPG is fair at all, but to each their own.

I agree about KOTOR 2 though. It was an abomination and I played it through to the very end because of how much I liked the first one. However I would never replay that piece of shit again.

Nactous
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Well, im glad I can add to the 'experience.'

Anyway...you didn't find 'two's' choices to have more, how did you put it, "consequences."

Nactous
Originally posted by General Kaliero
And yes, Ush's games make the KotOR games look childish in comparison.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Whatever you say boss man.

Peach
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Well, im glad I can add to the 'experience.'

Anyway...you didn't find 'two's' choices to have more, how did you put it, "consequences."

Yeah, spamming, nice.

And no, not really. You could train people. Big deal.

(edited the string of stupid smilies)

Whatever you say boss man.

Nah, he's completely right. And you can't even judge anyway, as you don't play the games and thus don't have a clue about them.

Fact is, KOTOR's plot was about as generic as it gets and anyone who didn't see that twist coming a mile away...well.

And really, this is incredibly off-topic now. No more.

Nactous
Maybe Ill go read some, and see what stands as "generic" on this site.

Anyway... opinions aside, Bioware has won countless awards for their stories and with twelve full-time writers for this project alone I can only imagine the content going into this game.

Schwarzenegger
KotOR II was even worse. They admitted they rushed out an incomplete story, for one.

Thats because LA kept rushing them when they did infact have a complete story with lots of additional content.

IMO wouldn't have made much more difference, i didn't really like the plot of the second game.

BTW less nonsense from me, i don't want to get a perma ban this time smile

Darth Exodus
The companion element looks to be extremely interesting, especially the bit about 'your actions can influence your companions' behavior, '
which should prove to be immensly satisfying for the manipulative sort.

I was scared after i read this line though,'. Players might be a bit terrified that there are no options to reload your game here and BioWare admits that it's possible to "blow it big time" with certain companions if you aren't living up to their expectations. '

Damn..... I guess I've actually got to shell out for a laptop now. sad

Edit: Damn again!!! Naga sadow sounds like a total badass!

THE JLRTENJAC

And Kreia taunted me the entire game by being exactly the kind of evil I wanted to be, but the game wouldn't allow. That was just cruel.

I might be interested by TOR, if they allow that sort of quiet, manipulative Dark Sidedness.

KotOR was an exelent game... KotOR 2? Not so much.

Arcluce
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
The companion element looks to be extremely interesting, especially the bit about 'your actions can influence your companions' behavior, '
which should prove to be immensly satisfying for the manipulative sort.

I was scared after i read this line though,'. Players might be a bit terrified that there are no options to reload your game here and BioWare admits that it's possible to "blow it big time" with certain companions if you aren't living up to their expectations. '

Damn..... I guess I've actually got to shell out for a laptop now. sad

Edit: Damn again!!! Naga sadow sounds like a total badass!

Naga sadow is.. On all the kotor games I have gone to the darkside. I guess the main reason for this is because at the end of Kotor 1 you got to use force crush, which was extremely better than what the lightside recieved. Lastly, the darkside pwns the lightside any day.

Knights of the old republic rules... History Owns.

Morridini
There was no Force Crush in KotOR 1 as far as I remember.

NonSensi-Klown
In the actual Star Wars universe... Naga Sado is a *****. His greatest feat, under his own power, is throwing a brick...

WO Polaski
He's done more than that with the force he's blown up stars and created thousands of illusions and how do you think he became one of the most respected members of a society that waa built up on fighting?

NonSensi-Klown
The star explosion and illusions were done with his meditation sphere. He can't do any of those things under his own power.

The Ancient Sith are all weak in general, so it's not that big of a thing. It'd be like becoming the leader of a group of retards. Not all that impressive.

WO Polaski
THe ancient sith created the ships with sith magic so they can use the powers without the ships as well the ships and amulets and stuff just make it easier and quicker

NonSensi-Klown
Infusing a ship that is mechanical with magic does not mean that you can use said magic in it's entirety. That's fallacious.

And for the love of god, USE SOME FREAKIN COMMAS.

And who made that sig for you? It's badass.

WO Polaski
If they cant use the magic in the first place how would they be able to infuse the ships with it? erm

And sorry. A guy named Janus at EoD made it a long time ago.

Schwarzenegger
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
In the actual Star Wars universe... Naga Sado is a *****. His greatest feat, under his own power, is throwing a brick... No he didn't, he threw a brick with the aid of the sith amulets(they were glowing) and while being empowered by korribans dark side energy.....

The ancient sith really suck.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by WO Polaski
If they cant use the magic in the first place how would they be able to infuse the ships with it? erm A better question would be why make ships to do it if you can do it yourself?

NonSensi-Klown
Bam.

Dark-Jaxx
Stfu

NonSensi-Klown
never.

Dark-Jaxx
Not even for a Blaxican Snack?

NonSensi-Klown
For two, maybe.

Dark-Jaxx
How's about one Blax Snack and a rim-job?

Schwarzenegger
But is this true? Is this "sith emperor" really that loser naga sadow? I thought he was confirmed dead after nadd slaughtered him?

Dark Exile
GamePlay!

http://swtor.com/media/vidcasts/viddoc001

Morridini
Very veyr nice, getting pretty excited for this one.

Bardock42
It....doesn't look all that good.

THE JLRTENJAC
I believe that bioware can make an exelent Star Wars MMO, however, I also know that there will be people willing to screw stuff up.

MIŠT
Looking forward to it, wonder what races will be available...hmm

Actually screw it, I'm just gonna end up making a Vos clone anyway. ermm

THE JLRTENJAC
If Hutts are avaliable I am going to be one... Imagine it: A hutt Jedi!

But in all honesty, I'll probably be human.

SpaceMonkey
I believe I heard that Nal Hutta will be one of the planets, so it is possible Hutts will be in the game. Whether they will be playable, I doubt it.

Ridley_Prime
So uh...

Epic win.

DOvbv-LkK6w

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_wars_the_old_republic

General Kaliero
Now, the question is whether the gameplay will be like that. I'm most eager to find out how the battle system plays. If it's more than just "click until dead," as in every MMO I've seen, this could indeed be very fun.

I'm actually far more interested in the press conference video. Each class will have its own story? And the entire game will be fully voiced? Incredibly ambitious, but if they succeed... the result will be historical.

Ridley_Prime
Indeed. I'm lovin' the complete Sith overload there too. big grin

That Sith Lord at the end of the trailer kinda looked like he was giving Vader a run for his money. Almost thought that was him at first.. mmm

Peach
I must admit, I am actually kind of interested in this. If they do it well, it could be pretty neat.

Mandrag Ganon
Bioware has yet to truly fail. I think it'll be good.

Peach
Well, Bioware has yet to make a game that I've played and actually liked, so...

NemeBro
Well, Bioware has yet to make a game that I've played and actually liked, so... That is your own fault. 131

Morridini
I've always been wary of liking a game form a cinematic trailer, seeing as they tell us absolutely nothing when it comes to gameplay, but I reallyloved this one. I've read about the old Jedi vs Sith battles, with hundreds onboth sides, both in comics and novel, but to finally get to see it, just great.

SaTsuJiN
Holy crap... that cinematic was the bomb.. they needed to put that in theaters instead of episode 3

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
Bioware has yet to truly fail. I think it'll be good. What alien race is that on your avatar?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Holy crap... that cinematic was the bomb.. they needed to put that in theaters instead of episode 3
Err... you realize the setting of this game is hundreds of years before Anakin/Vader even existed, back when the Sith were more common right? It wouldn't make sense to show this in theaters in place of episode 3. stick out tongue

I agree though that this looks better than most of the prequel trilogy as a whole (probably better than 1 and 2 combined IMO). Also likin' that bounty hunter chick at the beginning of the trailer, whoever she is.

KingD19
One of the best Star Wars cinematics ever. I have a question though. How is it that every single Sith Lord comes into posession of vast hordes, fleets, and armadas?

Ushgarak
Because else no-one ever hears about them so they don't get a story.

Peach
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Err... you realize the setting of this game is hundreds of years before Anakin/Vader even existed, back when the Sith were more common right? It wouldn't make sense to show this in theaters in place of episode 3. stick out tongue

I agree though that this looks better than most of the prequel trilogy as a whole (probably better than 1 and 2 combined IMO). Also likin' that bounty hunter chick at the beginning of the trailer, whoever she is.

Yeah, that bounty hunter girl looked awesome.

KingD19
The chick was Mando, and if she wasn't, she should be. And I don't think that Sith Lord was Naga Sadow, Bioware usually makes content, not borrows from established backstories.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by KingD19
The chick was Mando, and if she wasn't, she should be. And I don't think that Sith Lord was Naga Sadow, Bioware usually makes content, not borrows from established backstories.
It's already been established that Naga Sadow was about 1500 years before this game. This new Sith Emperor is picking up after him, but it's not him.

KingD19
I know, someone said something about hoping the new sith wasn't Naga.

General Kaliero
Well, considering Naga Sadow died about 4400 BBY, and TOR is a short time before 3600 BBY, it probably is not him.

Peach

Why should she be a Mandalorian? You realize that there are bounty hunters in the SW universe that are not Mandalorian, right?

Obsidian Fury
I don't even think that armor is Mandalorian. Is it?

KingD19
Not sure, Mando armor design changed a lot over the centuries. And she should be mandalorian, because they are simply bad ass.

General Kaliero
Not sure, Mando armor design changed a lot over the centuries. And she should be mandalorian, because they are simply bad ass.
But... she's already a badass. She doesn't need to be part of an overhyped warrior group to be awesome.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>