What's left in this forum?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mandos
Away from all the banning excitement and silly thread, what is there really here, and why do we all continue to go on it, me first of all?

Mairuzu
who cares, thread closed

Mandos
You know, Mai, you could actually say this to all active threads.

Badwolf
where do i know mandos from?

guy222
its a good forum

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Mandos
You know, Mai, you could actually say this to all active threads. Damn... i thought WD was gonna do it like last time...

Mandos
I'm saying, could it be better?

quote: (post)
You know, Mai, you could actually say this to all active threads.

lol

~Wålshy~
i still come here cause randi promised another thread of her and her pics. awehuhs

Mandos
You see, it's so empty. I'm sure we could come up with an exciting new concept. Maybe reform this forum a bit, to attract more people, which means more threads, which means more fun. I love KMC and so do you. Why is it not possible?

First, we should update old discussion forums. Some are out of date.

~Wålshy~
You see, it's so empty. I'm sure we could come up with an exciting new concept. Maybe reform this forum a bit, to attract more people, which means more threads, which means more fun. I love KMC and so do you. Why is it not possible?

First, we should update old discussion forums. Some are out of date. fun is for losers

Peach
Yeah, because the 10 million+ posts really mean there's nothing here.

I think KMC is rather incredibly active, and I'm not exactly sure how you can say it's empty at all.

Mandos
Peach, the time of the posting frienzy is over. Open your eyes, you're a mod and you know it. 10 million is big, but there's no more of that now. Less than 40 people get connected at the same time, half of them going in the rp forum, the rest scattering the crumbling remnants of KMC, a little bit of people everywhere. It's more dead than alive.

What I'm saying is, we could do something about that. Raz can do something about this problem.

The Grey Fox
We have a nice community here anyway, too many new posters = hard to actually get to know anyone, too much posting going on, it'd be hectic. It's great as it is.

Impediment
Peach, the time of the posting frienzy is over. Open your eyes, you're a mod and you know it. 10 million is big, but there's no more of that now. Less than 40 people get connected at the same time, half of them going in the rp forum, the rest scattering the crumbling remnants of KMC, a little bit of people everywhere. It's more dead than alive.

What I'm saying is, we could do something about that. Raz can do something about this problem.

Then tell me, in one paragraph, what is wrong with KMC, and what can Raz do about it?

I can't wait.

Mairuzu
It seems fine to me? No idea what you're talking about.

Mandos
That is what I am suggesting. Not too many new posters, but some new posters. To get to know them and expand in our conversation. I love tyhe community here, but it could be more. That's what I'm seeing.

Mairuzu
huh

Peach

Why does it need to be a posting frenzy? Which, really, I'd say the activity in the OTF and CB Vs would still be considered, anyway.

And just where on earth are you coming up with that from? For starters, the numbers at the bottom of the forum, as to how many members are online at once, is never going to be accurate as a lot of people are on invisible mode and just won't come up.

I'd say most people who are online at any given point are in the OTF or CB Vs, btw. Not the RP forums by a long shot. Unhosted RP is active but it's not a very large group in there. The other two RP forums, again, have an active group that's not very large (I'd know - I'm one of that group).

It's not a problem, and I don't get why you think it is.

ScarletSpeed
Yeah, Comicbook VS forum is always chocablockno expression

Mandos
Originally posted by Impediment
Then tell me, in one paragraph, what is wrong with KMC, and what can Raz do about it?

I can't wait.

First off, to clean KMC from the discussion forums that haven't been touched for 3 monthes. Pirates of the Carrabean, for example is over. He could combine those forums into one, which would bring the activity up in only one, the difference of have 5 forums with allmost no activity at all. That would encourage people with different interests top post in a larger perspective

ScarletSpeed
First off, to clean KMC from the discussion forums that haven't been touched for 3 monthes. Pirates of the Carrabean, for example is over. He could combine those forums into one, which would bring the activity up in only one, the difference of have 5 forums with allmost no activity at all. That would encourage people with different interests top post in a larger perspective

LIES

I go in to the POTC forum from time to time and there is a small group of people who still post quite regularly.

Peach

POTC is still posted in regularly, and going by that logic we should also get rid of the LOTR forum.

And no, that really doesn't happen, because dead forums are generally either sub-forumed (which usually kills any activity they still had), or dissolved entirely which so far has never risen activity in the forum everything was moved to - it just had the appearance that it did because of the newly increased post count from the relocated threads.

Mandos
Hey allright. If everybody is ok with keeping a small group of person, who am I to go against majority's will. I was just proposing a idea of a more active forum. But never mind I guess.

Peach
KMC is not exactly a small or inactive community, though, which is what people who've been on here actively for the past few years are trying to tell you.

ScarletSpeed
Hey allright. If everybody is ok with keeping a small group of person, who am I to go against majority's will. I was just proposing a idea of a more active forum. But never mind I guess.

nah, it would be fair enough if you had a good point.

Mandos
Originally posted by Peach
KMC is not exactly a small or inactive community, though, which is what people who've been on here actively for the past few years are trying to tell you.

Yes, but then again, they're the same persons to come everyday.

Mandos
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
nah, it would be fair enough if you had a good point.

And I'm sure many people could find good points.

Peach
Yes, but then again, they're the same persons to come everyday.

Well, of course. We're the ones that would know the state of the forum the best.

I'll be honest - I liked it better back in 2003/2004, when it was smaller and less active. It was easier to get to know people. Of course, it's great that it's as active as it is now, but with so many people there's less of a sense of community now, I think.

Mandos
Well, of course. We're the ones that would know the state of the forum the best.

I'll be honest - I liked it better back in 2003/2004, when it was smaller and less active. It was easier to get to know people. Of course, it's great that it's as active as it is now, but with so many people there's less of a sense of community now, I think.

Mmmm, I don't agree with the conservative looks of that point. In 2004-2005, when I cam everyday, there was more activity than now.

Peach
Mmmm, I don't agree with the conservative looks of that point. In 2004-2005, when I cam everyday, there was more activity than now.

The only reason there was more activity in 2005 was because of Revenge of the Sith coming out.

But no, other than that half of 2005, there was certainly NOT more activity then than there is now. And even saying there was more activity because of ROTS is a stretch, because it was just one forum that got a lot of activity because of that, as opposed to things across the board.

Just take a look at the top posters list if you don't believe me - a lot of the people on there are because of huge spampost threads in the OTF. Which weren't really 'in' a few years ago.

Sanctuary
OTF usually seems kinda dead to me, most of the members I used to talk to are now inactive. crytissue

Mandos
Well, at least one agrees with me. And I'm sure there's many more.

ScarletSpeed
Well, at least one agrees with me. And I'm sure there's many more.

they seem to be hiding awesome

Peach
Originally posted by Sanctuary
OTF usually seems kinda dead to me, most of the members I used to talk to are now inactive. crytissue

Man, if we want to talk about people you used to talk to being inactive...almost no one I talked to when I first joined KMC still is active here anymore.

However, it doesn't make the forum dead...stick out tongue

Mandos
Man, if we want to talk about people you used to talk to being inactive...almost no one I talked to when I first joined KMC still is active here anymore.

However, it doesn't make the forum dead...stick out tongue

For some people, yes...

Sanctuary

However, it doesn't make the forum dead... stick out tongue
I'd still say it's a lot less active than it was in 2005/2006. I'm only speaking about the OTF cause I rarely go outside of it. ninja

Peach
For some people, yes...

If they do nothing but chat socially, then I suppose, but (surprise surprise) there IS more to KMC than just that...

Originally posted by Sanctuary
I'd still say it's a lot less active than it was in 2005/2006. I'm only speaking about the OTF cause I rarely go outside of it. ninja

And I hardly post in the OTF and keep up with my friends on MSN so people leaving the forum doesn't really make much of a difference to me.

(yes, it's possible to get my post count while not posting in the OTF often...stick out tongue)

Mandos
What more is there?

Peach
What more is there?

KMC's primarily a discussion forum. Not a social forum. So, basically everything outside of the OTF, is what more there is.

ScarletSpeed
KMC's primarily a discussion forum. Not a social forum. So, basically everything outside of the OTF, is what more there is.

it turns me on when you get all serious flirt

Peach
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
it turns me on when you get all serious flirt

laughing out loud

Thanks, I suppose...? stick out tongue

Bardock42
I remember times when the OTF was absolutely filled with people and posts. I suppose there might be more now because one or two people choose to post about 5000 a day in one thread, but that's hardly the kind of activity I am referring to, they aren't even talking to each other.

The GDF certainly saw more active days, though it is picking up again. Other forums stayed pretty much the same, though for the last couple of months the Music Forum was pretty ****ing undeniably dead.

ScarletSpeed
laughing out loud

Thanks, I suppose...? stick out tongue

awesome

yeah it's a good thing.

Impediment
KMC is a haven for.............................debaters?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.