where can they go from here??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atharpina
ok well this is my personal opinion: judging solely off of the psychological effect they create, as well as the entertainment they provide as characters, ive always placed the joker, two-face, and the scarecrow as batman's top villians.. i mean as truely messed up, evil bad guys, they always deliver.. right?

well obviously, they have all been used already in these movies.. without giving too much away, it is very safe to say that the 3 of them are all taken care of, ya know?

i was always sorta hoping that the 3rd movie would be like the end of the long halloween, where two face is taking out all the remainder of the organized crime syndicates, with the help of the other "freaks". it would have been an awesome way to keep the spirit of the comics in check in that the villians would be a constant force throughout the whole series rather than just giving them their time to shine in their own movies.. you know? but clearly with the death of heath ledger and certain events in the dark knight, that wont be able to happen the way i dreamed it..

so whats next? what do you think nolan can do with this next movie? who would you like to see? what would you love to see happen?

Endrict Nuul
I was thinking they can go into the Arkham Asylum a little bit.

As for what I want to see? I wouldn't mind Hush with some changes.

atharpina
OOOO VERY GUD idea!

i hadnt even thot of that!

Wolverine2006
how do i use spoiler tags? I have a very important question but it's a major spoiler.

The j0keR
Just take the spaces out of the second one.

Wolverine2006
okay thanks

did twoface die at the end of the movie?

Bat Dude
Hell no...

Hush, Riddler, and Catwoman are no nos for me...

I'd like to see a proper Bane, and a more realistic take on Penguin...

I'd also love to see the return of Ras Al Ghul, or The Reaper...

Endrict Nuul
I didn't see the movie yet but I know Two face should be around for the 3rd movie.

Crane is in the Psychiatric hospital already, Two face and Joker I think still lives and will be in the 3rd movie. So this is a perfect setup for the Arkham Asylum imo but with a twist.

My only problem is Heath died and I don't want to see the Joker ever again.

The j0keR
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
okay thanks

Pretty sure, they show his funeral or memorial.

atharpina
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Crane is in the Psychiatric hospital already, Two face and Joker I think still lives and will be in the 3rd movie. So this is a perfect setup for the Arkham Asylum imo but with a twist.

wat do you mean set up for arkham asylum? do you mean like a plot based on a serious house on serious earth?

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Hell no...

Hush, Riddler, and Catwoman are no nos for me...

I'd like to see a proper Bane, and a more realistic take on Penguin...

I'd also love to see the return of Ras Al Ghul, or The Reaper...

You want to see Bane and Penguin in the Nolan movies? What is wrong with you? Those characters are too out there for the realistic look of these films.

I'd personally rather see Riddler, but only if they can reinvent the character to be a sadistic enigma.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Phucked Up
You want to see Bane and Penguin in the Nolan movies? What is wrong with you? Those characters are too out there for the realistic look of these films.

I'd personally rather see Riddler, but only if they can reinvent the character to be a sadistic enigma.

Bane, not really he could fit for Nolan's Batman.

Phucked Up
Bane, not really he could fit for Nolan's Batman.

How can you fit Bane into these movies? I'd really like to know.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by atharpina
wat do you mean set up for arkham asylum? do you mean like a plot based on a serious house on serious earth?

Not in detail....but around the villians somewhat.

Mairuzu
I would really like to see the Riddler next

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I would really like to see the Riddler next

Same.

I've been wondering who can play him though. One thought I had was Edward Norton.

The j0keR
I would love more Scarecrow, and it can obviously still happen. stick out tongue

Phucked Up
Originally posted by The j0keR
I would love more Scarecrow, and it can obviously still happen. stick out tongue

For a much bigger role too, it was great to see him in this one, now all he has to do is break out of Arkham.

Mairuzu
Same.

I've been wondering who can play him though. One thought I had was Edward Norton. Michael jackson wanted to play the riddler in batman forever

Mairuzu
Scarecrow was a bit boring for me, he didn't really do much.

The j0keR
For a much bigger role too, it was great to see him in this one, now all he has to do is break out of Arkham.

Please, they might as well put a revolving door on that place. stick out tongue

Mairuzu
Well, my vote is on Mr freeze or Riddler

A nice teaser would be the bat symbol frozen for mr freeze

THAT'D BE ORGASMIC! ha-son

Mairuzu
Thank god they didn't use Robbin Williams. That would have been major failage

Phucked Up
Personally I would hate a Mr. Freeze movie. no expression

SelinaAndBruce
I could deal with the Riddler. After Eckhart removed the horrible image of Tommy Lee Jones Two Face out of my mind, I'd sure like the Jim Carey image of Riddler erased as well, lol

Mairuzu
Personally I would hate a Mr. Freeze movie. no expression I say they should just do one more and end it with riddler

Phucked Up
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I could deal with the Riddler. After Eckhart removed the horrible image of Tommy Lee Jones Two Face out of my mind, I'd sure like the Jim Carey image of Riddler erased as well, lol

Quoted for truth.

Wolverine2006
Originally posted by The j0keR
Pretty sure, they show his funeral or memorial.

Well it would suck if he did die, he was barely in the movie and he was supposed to be the main villain for numero tres. Nolan would have made a big mistake if did kill him off. But they never technically say that he died...and that would also make Batman a killer for tackling him off the side of the building.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I say they should just do one more and end it with riddler

Agreed.

Combine it with the return of Liam Neeson as Ra's and Scarecrow and it'd be great!

I like the idea of Edward Norton ok, but I like another one that I heard better: Ewan McGregor.

Think about it, playing evil...he'd be awesome.

BruceSkywalker
okay thanks

Two Face is in number 3. As for future installments. I think its a wide open field that Chris Nolan/Jonathon Nolan and David Goyer can tap into.

Mairuzu
two face riddler ha-son

atharpina
i want more scarecrow too..

in this one..he didnt even use his gas really

Wolverine2006
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Two Face is in number 3. As for future installments. I think its a wide open field that Chris Nolan/Jonathon Nolan and David Goyer can tap into.

Well I hope so, wikipedia says that he died at the end, and I know I probably shouldnt be using Wikipedia as a source of information but there really isnt any other ones out there right now, it never clearly says whether or not he died even though im pretty sure he didnt because that would take out a main villain that could be used for number 3 and it would also make Batman a killer.

Outbound
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Agreed.

Combine it with the return of Liam Neeson as Ra's

Hell no, the man died in a big ass train crash, bringing him back would be WAY too unbelievable, doesnt matter about the characters immortality or whatever.

SelinaAndBruce
Yeah I'd rather not have Ras come back

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Outbound
Hell no, the man died in a big ass train crash, bringing him back would be WAY too unbelievable, doesnt matter about the characters immortality or whatever. Yea, it would be too unrealistic for this realistic type Batman

SpaceMonkey
Riddler would be good, depending on how they write him in. Maybe Harley Quinn.

Ra's is done as is Scarecrow, I think.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Riddler would be good, depending on how they write him in. Maybe Harley Quinn.

Ra's is done as is Scarecrow, I think.

I could only see Harley Quinn if Joker were still around.

marwash22
Hugo Strange in combination with The Vintriloquist and Scarface.

S_D_J
Somehow I keep thinking .... Selina...

though I don't know for sure stick out tongue

.... and by the way, the "No Robin in Nolan universe"... might that be because of Two-Face?... confused

Bat Dude

How can Penguin NOT be done realistically? He's one of the most realistic villains Batman has!

He's a gangster and a shady businessman, plain and simple... He doesn't need to have the over-the-top features the cartoons have and that Devito had... Just give him a large nose and a tuxedo/umbrella combo...

Bane just needs experimental steroids, and he works...

Riddler is one of my least favorites now... I'd really prefer they went in a different direction...

Like I said, I'd LOVE if Nolan did The Reaper for the 3rd movie... But that probably won't happen...

Micheal_Myers
As far as major realistic villains. They can only go with The Riddler at this point. I wouldnt mind seeing The Riddler. But anything they do at this point will be a step down. You just cant top the Joker.

Endrict Nuul
Because Heath died I believe that rewrote the ending so Joker and maybe someone else wont be in it. I still think they were trying to go with the Arkham Asylum. Now some new villains should show up.

super pr*xy
i was thinking phantasm, the riddler and harley quinn.

Micheal_Myers
Because Heath died I believe that rewrote the ending so Joker and maybe someone else wont be in it. I still think they were trying to go with the Arkham Asylum. Now some new villains should show up.

Arkham Asylum is the Joker's obvious destination.

BackFire
I think them recasting Joker is a real possibility. The ending certainly left it open that he may return. And there are other actors who could be excellent.

Kazenji
I would'nt mind seeing Mr Freeze being done again and also Man-Bat would be another good one.

Edward Nygma
Two-Face is still alive, and he rises to gain control of organized crime in Gotham. However, an ambitious crime boss, Black Mask, is struggling to gain his piece of the pie. Batman has to fight the resurgence of organized crime in the city while trying to regain his former reputation as the city's guardian.

K3VIL
Obviously a recasting of the Joker will be hard, considering Ledger's performance, but not impossible.
They made a memorial for D.A. Harvey Dent, not for Two-Face, so...I do believe having Hush introduced would be a good choice, the tie in's with Bruce Wayne persona and the Batman persona will make the struggle between the two even harder, cause Batman will have to watch out even in his civilian identity.
Back on Two Face, maybe Batman and Gordon got him restricted to Arkham, keeping silence about the fact he's the former DA of Gotham, after all Gordon is the new Commissioner, he has enough influence to do that.Also the idea of him taking control og Gotham's criminal underworld in a war with the The Joker that didn't died would be great, with Batman in the crossfire, trying to save Dent's soul and stop him while also having to stop the Joker.
Bane would not be so unrealistic.Let's relocate Bane to the Blackgate Penitentiary, where he's has become the king of the prison, and the reports of his inmates about Batman being unbeatable and all sorts of urban legend on the Dark Knight makes him the incarnation of the bat that haunted his dreams since childhood, and in a twisted way of settling scores, he escapes from Blackgate and then set up a plan to beat Batman, releasing the Joker and Scarecrow sure they will clash against Two Face rising crime empire, forcing Batman to round them up and the beating him when he's exhsausted.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by BackFire
I think them recasting Joker is a real possibility. The ending certainly left it open that he may return. And there are other actors who could be excellent.

I know but I just don't want to run the risk of someone messing it up.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Going by what happens and what is said at the end of the movie, it would seem logical that Batman becomes the 'baddie' for the next movie. All the authority figures are shown to be corrupt or weak (apart from Commissioner Gordon), but most of the people of Gotham were just. I could see it being something along those lines because as a villian they simply can't top Heath Ledger's Joker.

Micheal_Myers
Batman wont be the film's actual villain but will probably be the villain through the eyes of gotham for the majority of it.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
You know that's pretty much what I said, right?

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
You know that's pretty much what I said, right?

even I got that awesome

SelinaAndBruce
I like the idea of a Batman redemption story as a closer.

Endrict Nuul
Since Batman doesn't have a love interest anymore, I think it's time to bring in another, maybe Selina?

naruto2424
I think Michael Emerson the guy who played Ben Linus on lost would be a great Riddler

Bat Dude
Ok, I just saw TDK, and after seeing it, I REALLY think The Reaper could work in the next movie...

Did you even see TDK? Two-Face wasn't a crime boss... Even if we was alive (I personally think he's dead) he would have no reason to become a crime boss... It'd completely contradict what he did in the movie...

BruceSkywalker
Well I hope so, wikipedia says that he died at the end, and I know I probably shouldnt be using Wikipedia as a source of information but there really isnt any other ones out there right now, it never clearly says whether or not he died even though im pretty sure he didnt because that would take out a main villain that could be used for number 3 and it would also make Batman a killer.

I like Wikipedia, but Two-Face isn't dead. Watch closely, he is breathing

Originally posted by BackFire

Chris Nolan has said that The Joker will not be returning

Bat Dude
I like Wikipedia, but Two-Face isn't dead. Watch closely, he is breathing

He fell straight down from a few stories up ONTO HIS BACK WITHOUT protective armor or beams to break his fall... If he's alive, he must be superhuman

BruceSkywalker
He fell straight down from a few stories up ONTO HIS BACK WITHOUT protective armor or beams to break his fall... If he's alive, he must be superhuman

True, but he is breathing. Neither Batman nor Commish Gordon even checked him out

SelinaAndBruce
Yea I saw the movie three times and I swear he was breathing at the end whether that was Eckhart not being able to hold his breath or what I don't know. Plus I think if Batman had killed Harvey/Two Face he'd be a little more distraught. I mean he saved the Joker's life, kind of sucks if he killed Harvey instead...though that would be kind of ironic...but if that is the case then the emotional reaction to it was kind of lame so I prefer to think he isn't dead, they'll just say he is and lock him up in Arkham

Ya Krunk'd Floo
If any of you guys have been paying attention to the two Batman movies Nolan has made you should have realised that he's not following the traditional comic-book movie formula.

There's no way that he's going to go from the excellent origin story to Batman's most famous adversary to another super villain. Doing something like that would be too traditional and formulaic. If Nolan makes the next movie, it's going to be a lot more complex than, "Ooo, what villain shall we use now?".

As I said, in the context of Nolan's Batman movies, the most likely villain of the next movie will be Batman himself.

Bat Dude
If any of you guys have been paying attention to the two Batman movies Nolan has made you should have realised that he's not following the traditional comic-book movie formula.

There's no way that he's going to go from the excellent origin story to Batman's most famous adversary to another super villain. Doing something like that would be too traditional and formulaic. If Nolan makes the next movie, it's going to be a lot more complex than, "Ooo, what villain shall we use now?".

As I said, in the context of Nolan's Batman movies, the most likely villain of the next movie will be Batman himself.

I could see Batman being considered the "villain", much like a guy like Michael Corleone is considered a "villain" even though he's the main character... But he needs someone to go up against in between being chased by the cops...

Not to sound like a broken record, but Reaper gets my vote... Or Penguin and Black Mask to "bridge the gap" between freak and gangster...

BruceSkywalker
I could see Batman being considered the "villain", much like a guy like Michael Corleone is considered a "villain" even though he's the main character... But he needs someone to go up against in between being chased by the cops...

Not to sound like a broken record, but Reaper gets my vote... Or Penguin and Black Mask to "bridge the gap" between freak and gangster...

I believe Nolan has said that Penguin won't be showing up. If he did though it would make for a good story

SelinaAndBruce
I think I kind of want Hush

Endrict Nuul
They can do Elliot and the Riddler. Two-face is in the back ground somewhere. Hush and the Riddler convinced and manipulated everyone including Batman pretty damn good.

Elliot was born into a wealthy family just like Bruce but he took a different path instead. We can have the hole thing about him killing his parents, the start of Hush and bring in Riddler and manipulate everyone.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I think I kind of want Hush

I def want hush,

hush would make an awesome storyline for the movie.

xNIXSONx
here are my thoughts on where they can do next, and from a reallistic standpoint:

resolve the Harvey Dent/Two Face situation

The Penguin - if gothams crime is still not lowered, it could be because of the Penguin, using his nightclubs etc as a cover for his criminal activities, and as batman continues to clean up gotham, he's bound to run into some gangsters, which leads back to a certain 'gentlemen of crime'

cant think of anyone that could fill the shoes of Joker or Two Face. Obviously if Two face is still alive, he could carry some decent weight in the next film, with related issues relating to batman and wayne. Catwoman is just a petty burglar. The Riddler, if Nolan can do it lol. I wanna see what Nolan would do with Mr Freeze. just curious. Hush would be itneresting too

Bat Dude
Penguin is a must, imo, as is Two-Face if he's supposed to be still alive...

Hush would be pretty kool, actually... But there are a few more classic characters that will get the spot before other characters like Hush and Reaper...

And as you all know, I'm actually an fan of the Reaper...

Devil King
I think Two-Face should be in the next movie. Maybe out for revenge against the mob and introduce Catwoman as a jewel thief. You could even toss in the Ridder as a third thread to the story. And then end it there. I believe Nolan said he wants to do a trilogy, so I think that would be a pretty good close to his story arc.

I also really like the idea of Gotham Knight. So maybe do another one to fill the gap between TDK and the next film and I'll consider my Batman DVD collection complete.

Endrict Nuul
Catwoman could be in it because Batman/Bruce doesn't have anyone to love anymore.

Devil King
Well, I'm not really into an overt love relationship between Batman and Catwoman. And I'm certainly not into the Burton route of a string of love interests who know Batman is Bruce Wayne. But a subtle, just-under-the-surface lust between the two could actually be a really hot angle for the third film. I just want her to have her goggles and be less blatantly cat-like in appearance. Skin tight leather is a must though.

xNIXSONx
Catwoman could be in it because Batman/Bruce doesn't have anyone to love anymore.

yeah catwoman could work for that purpose but like, after villans like Ras plotting to cleanse gotham through fear with Scarecrow, and Joker and the mobs with acts of desperation leading to chaos and creating Two Face...

after batman forever i cant take the Riddler seriously. Imagine watching the serious tone of batman, and like christian bale comes across a riddle, would it fit? Mr Freeze is a stretch out there alongside ClayFace.

I like Killer Croc idea in Gotham Knight, as long as he actually doesnt look entirely like a crocodile w/ a full fledged tail lol but rather a mysterious entity, with an extreme medical/skin condition right. and Obvs Penguin still driving the crime in gotham

freek
Hush wouldn't be the same without jason todd, least imo.
Personally i would like Ra's to return, it would work well with the emphasis placed in Dark Knight on Batman's "rules", and would allow the introduction of Talia as a love interest.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by freek
Hush wouldn't be the same without jason todd, least imo.
Personally i would like Ra's to return, it would work well with the emphasis placed in Dark Knight on Batman's "rules", and would allow the introduction of Talia as a love interest.

yeah and the reason for Ras coming back was cuz he heard batman went on a killing spree, confronting bruce/batman, and in the back of his mind knowing it might be too good to be true haha

coolmovies
will the next batmovie be the last ?? or are they gonna make four films ??

Jamaican
This is what should happen in my opinion, and I'll start with the first 2 films...

Scarecrow: wasn't that big a bad guy IMO and I don't see him being able to cause Batman much more pain/agony anymore. I think it'd be more of an annoyance than anything.

Ra's: I don't think he's dead. We've seen people survive through much worse. Added to the fact that one of his goons could've taken him to one of the lazarus pits, it's very possible. And I've always held him up there in respect level to Joker (although as a different type of "villain"wink. Ra's is usually on a whole other level compared to most of his foes. He usually thinks globally, not just for Gotham. They should bring him back, eventually.

Two-Face: They had a memoriam for Dent, not Two Face. And as the same with Ra's, we've seen people survive a lot worse. As people here are saying, they saw him breathing. I saw the movie twice (which by the way, once was regular screen and the other was IMAX - no comparison). I believe he should be brought back and have him causing trouble for Gordon and Batman while killing off some of the mob that contributed to his losses/changes.

Joker: Amazing performance. As much as I'd hate for them to say "We're never going to bring back Joker", it may be the best thing to do. With that said though, I don't think it'd be that hard for them to bring him back. Make up shouldn't make it that difficult to make him look similar. The hard part will find someone who can do as close a job to Heath's portrayal.

I think in the next one we'll need a love interest for Bruce, and I think it should be either Selina or Talia. Either would suffice. I'd love to see Catwoman done...correctly. I think having Mr. Freeze would be a horrible move. I think Bane would be amazing to have, if done correctly. He's smart, strong as hell and it could be done very realistically. Poison Ivy to me would be too unrealistic. Penguin could be done, but it would have to be done correctly as well. I think the Riddler would be awesome, if he wasn't done as being too corny like Jim Carey's version.

I think the way to go would be to have Catwoman as a minor villain/love interest. Bane as a minor villain (the muscle villain, who could seriously hurt Batman/leave him for dead) and make The Riddler the brains of the operation / Major Villain.

**Batmobile Note** - I think that they should bring in a Batmobile like he has in the comics. Something sleek.

Darth Creasy
This is where they're going next:

As for the third flick, I think the dialogue at the end showed us who they're going to develop as Robin. "Why is he running? But he didn't do anything wrong". Only Gordon and the kid know the truth, which is the perfect lead-in for the kid to dedicate himself to copycatting Batman, which leads to Bats scolding then reluctantly training him.

They'll probably tell us Joker died in prison. But while alive he shared a cell with an Edward Nigma, who's psychotic enough in his own way that Joker sees him as an heir of sorts to his mayhem. But Harvey Dent's got other plans...

Catwoman shows up as a Chinese beauty (Lucy Lu) who comes to Gotham seeking revenge for Batman's capture of her father. Her sole purpose is to kill The Batman and regain her family's honor.

The League of Shadows returns! After refusing to lead the League of Shadows, Talia al Ghul seeks out the one man who can protect her, The Batman. Talia and Bruce grow close but the sting of loosing Rachel keeps them apart...

The movie ends with double fight scenes ala Revenge of The Sith. After developing feelings for Bruce, Talia confronts Catwoman on a Gotham rooftop while Batman and Robin fight The League below, with Robin returning the favor of saving Bruce's life. At the last moment Alfred & Luscious figure out the Riddler's riddle but it's too late! Our heroes are surrounded by the Riddler's gun-toting thugs and prepares to go down as only heroes do. Bruce expresses regret at training Robin when suddenly the miraculous happens:Harvey Dent flips a coin and sacrifices himself to save Gotham's true hero.

I know this is a lot, but the way Chris Nolan gave all of his characters the perfect amount of screen time, I believe he can make this a 3 hour epic to rival The Dark Night.

I could have a full script ready for $10 mil U.S., if anyone at Warner Bros. is reading.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Darth Creasy

As for the third flick, I think the dialogue at the end showed us who they're going to develop as Robin. "Why is he running? But he didn't do anything wrong". Only Gordon and the kid know the truth, which is the perfect lead-in for the kid to dedicate himself to copycatting Batman, which leads to Bats scolding then reluctantly training him.

They'll probably tell us Joker died in prison. But while alive he shared a cell with an Edward Nigma, who's psychotic enough in his own way that Joker sees him as an heir of sorts to his mayhem. But Harvey Dent's got other plans...

Catwoman shows up as a Chinese beauty (Lucy Lu) who comes to Gotham seeking revenge for Batman's capture of her father. Her sole purpose is to kill The Batman and regain her family's honor.

The League of Shadows returns! After refusing to lead the League of Shadows, Talia al Ghul seeks out the one man who can protect her, The Batman. Talia and Bruce grow close but the sting of loosing Rachel keeps them apart...

The movie ends with double fight scenes ala Revenge of The Sith. After developing feelings for Bruce, Talia confronts Catwoman on a Gotham rooftop while Batman and Robin fight The League below, with Robin returning the favor of saving Bruce's life. At the last moment Alfred & Luscious figure out the Riddler's riddle but it's too late! Our heroes are surrounded by the Riddler's gun-toting thugs and prepares to go down as only heroes do. Bruce expresses regret at training Robin when suddenly the miraculous happens:Harvey Dent flips a coin and sacrifices himself to save Gotham's true hero.

I know this is a lot, but the way Chris Nolan gave all of his characters the perfect amount of screen time, I believe he can make this a 3 hour epic to rival The Dark Night.

I could have a full script ready for $10 mil U.S., if anyone at Warner Bros. is reading.

laughing what a joke.

Darth Creasy
Originally posted by Jamaican
This is what should happen in my opinion, and I'll start with the first 2 films...

Scarecrow: wasn't that big a bad guy IMO and I don't see him being able to cause Batman much more pain/agony anymore. I think it'd be more of an annoyance than anything.

Ra's: I don't think he's dead. We've seen people survive through much worse. Added to the fact that one of his goons could've taken him to one of the lazarus pits, it's very possible. And I've always held him up there in respect level to Joker (although as a different type of "villain"wink. Ra's is usually on a whole other level compared to most of his foes. He usually thinks globally, not just for Gotham. They should bring him back, eventually.

Two-Face: They had a memoriam for Dent, not Two Face. And as the same with Ra's, we've seen people survive a lot worse. As people here are saying, they saw him breathing. I saw the movie twice (which by the way, once was regular screen and the other was IMAX - no comparison). I believe he should be brought back and have him causing trouble for Gordon and Batman while killing off some of the mob that contributed to his losses/changes.

Joker: Amazing performance. As much as I'd hate for them to say "We're never going to bring back Joker", it may be the best thing to do. With that said though, I don't think it'd be that hard for them to bring him back. Make up shouldn't make it that difficult to make him look similar. The hard part will find someone who can do as close a job to Heath's portrayal.

I think in the next one we'll need a love interest for Bruce, and I think it should be either Selina or Talia. Either would suffice. I'd love to see Catwoman done...correctly. I think having Mr. Freeze would be a horrible move. I think Bane would be amazing to have, if done correctly. He's smart, strong as hell and it could be done very realistically. Poison Ivy to me would be too unrealistic. Penguin could be done, but it would have to be done correctly as well. I think the Riddler would be awesome, if he wasn't done as being too corny like Jim Carey's version.

I think the way to go would be to have Catwoman as a minor villain/love interest. Bane as a minor villain (the muscle villain, who could seriously hurt Batman/leave him for dead) and make The Riddler the brains of the operation / Major Villain.

**Batmobile Note** - I think that they should bring in a Batmobile like he has in the comics. Something sleek.

I live in Chicago and have ridden the "el" (short for elevated train) all my life. Maybe you can't tell from the way it was filmed, but Ra's couldn't have possibly survived such a fall in a speeding el train. There'd only be mangled and burned body parts, not enough to take to the Lazarus Pits. And if they did try such a gimmick, Chris Nolan would lose the credibility we've all given him for making the batman movies "realistic".

As for the Joker...The performance simply can't be topped. I can't see another portrayal being supported en masse. Hopefully they've got additional footage of Heath to use in the next one.

Jamaican

Ok..... Bale (and I think Nolan) have both said that there will not be a Robin in this series. And I think they have good reason. This series is too dark for a Robin. The ONLY reason I'd want Robin in there is so that they can A) make a Nightwing spin-off B) Have Jason Todd killed by the Joker AND SHOW IT, C) (and this is the big picture) have a film about Hush.

Obviously they could be saying that so we dont expect it, but I think they are serious about it.

**Also, if someone at Warner Bros. is indeed reading this - I'll do it for five....with a cameo scene.

LOL

Darth Creasy
laughing what a joke.

laughing Good luck with trying to influence other's opinion because you're not creative enough to come up with even a possible scenario for a third movie. laughing We both know your sad beef with me. You're a wannabe mod with nothing better to do than cry about what doesn't belong in this thread or that thread sad

I'd have you on ignore already but I enjoy bumping your gargabe threads too much laughing

Darth Creasy
Ok..... Bale (and I think Nolan) have both said that there will not be a Robin in this series. And I think they have good reason. This series is too dark for a Robin. The ONLY reason I'd want Robin in there is so that they can A) make a Nightwing spin-off B) Have Jason Todd killed by the Joker AND SHOW IT, C) (and this is the big picture) have a film about Hush.

Obviously they could be saying that so we dont expect it, but I think they are serious about it.

**Also, if someone at Warner Bros. is indeed reading this - I'll do it for five....with a cameo scene.

LOL

If they've already stated no Robin, then I've got a script to rewrite. Since it'll only be 2 hours now, I might knock the price down to $7 mil. Can't go as low as five for quality work smile

xNIXSONx

how the hell would Robin fit into the serious tone of Nolan's Batman?? some people would be disgusted at the idea of bringing him into this conversation lol please rewrite your script, rewrite it at starbucks with a frapaccino, oh ya and cast Justin Chatwin as Robin, and since sexy is being brought back, you mite as well bring back the batnipples

and Lucy Lu as catwoman, Selina Kyle is not chinese nor is her name. I dont think its right to go changing characters and origins. Since i cant recall Nolan ever doing so. Maybe if joel schumacher was still directing that would happen, afterall stastics show that 80% of america loves lucy lu and leather right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

riddler just comes across as cheesy, i cant see christian bale wandering through a dark crime scene and coming across a riddle. Riddler has an obsession with bruce and batman, i personally dont think thats enough to top TDK's Joker and Two Face, its an intelligent man dishing out riddles on where he's going to attack next, scarecrow worked, borderline insane doctor experimenting with hallucinogenic drugs on inmates. Ras coming back, again, Lazarus pits are unreal since batman begins and TDK are mostly grounded in realism.

the only thing left in gotham is Two Face, is it that hard to believe that he's alive. Sal Malroni got dropped like 4 stories and survived. Two Face might still have something in him to want to rid the city of crime and he has suspicions etc, thus going for whoever is left in charge, and if Penguins in, he owns his own nightclub that is a cover for criminal activity.

any thoughts?

Bat Dude
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
how the hell would Robin fit into the serious tone of Nolan's Batman??

You've got to think outside the box...

Weren't people disgusted at Joker's new look? But now everyone loves it, right?

I stand by my thought that Robin CAN be done right in Nolan's style, and when he's done right, he adds that trainer/mentor/father figure part to Bruce's character...

Though I'd go about it completely different from Darth Creasy...

xNIXSONx

I stand by my thought that Robin CAN be done right in Nolan's style, and when he's done right, he adds that trainer/mentor/father figure part to Bruce's character...

i can see it if Bruce was older though. To people like Harvey Dent, they see bruce wayne, the public image, the millionaire that got drunk and burnt his mansion down, after badmouthing his guests. Who endorsed Dent and seemed sarcastic at the party. To the public this guy is going to get custody of young orphaned Dick Grayson?

yes once bruce sees the similarities between him and the kid, there will be seriousness, but is bruce/batman ready? with the look and atmosphere of TDK, can you honestly say Robin can be done? and done properly.

BruceSkywalker
i can see it if Bruce was older though. To people like Harvey Dent, they see bruce wayne, the public image, the millionaire that got drunk and burnt his mansion down, after badmouthing his guests. Who endorsed Dent and seemed sarcastic at the party. To the public this guy is going to get custody of young orphaned Dick Grayson?

yes once bruce sees the similarities between him and the kid, there will be seriousness, but is bruce/batman ready? with the look and atmosphere of TDK, can you honestly say Robin can be done? and done properly.

Robin can be done, but WILL HE BE DONE. I could see Dick Grayson in Nolanverse after the third or fourth film.

Devil King
So they're going to write off a brilliant character like the Joker, the keystone villain in the entire world of Batman, as having died in prison? That's just silly. Nothing has to be explained about what happened to him or what he's doing because he's not in the next movie. He doesn't appear in every issue of the comic book and no explaination is offered for his absence. It really sucks that Heath Ledger died, but that doesn't have to effect the character. And if he is essential, then there are other actors in the world. And since Ledger defined the role as he did, another actor would have a basis for how to play the character. Personally, I don't think he needs to be in the next film. If Ledger were still around to play him I'm sure the character would be involved in the next film, but that he isn't doesn't have to be addressed at all.

Darth Creasy
You're Endrict Nuul aren't you? You got owned and logged on under xNIXSONx to prove a point. But just in case I'm wrong:

Apparently Nolan's already stated there will be no Robin in this series. Didn't now that when I was toying around with script ideas. So if you like, take Robin outta the equation and I've still written a 2 1/2 hour masterpiece.

As far as how it could work:
Everyone except Gordon and his kid think Batman is a murderer. Eventually Bruce gives up on the Batman persona, tired of running. Gordon's kid is now 20, 21 and has never forgotten how Batman saved his life. He almost gets killed trying to be a vigilante himself. Bruce gets word of this and after failing to talk him out of it decides if the kid's gonna do it he may as well do it right, and trains him.

As far as Lucy Lu, my bad, I was actually thinking of Kelly Hu, who played Yuriko (Lady Deathstrike) in X-2. Nolan could have her arrive in the states with a fake passport, assumed name, whatever. He's changed plenty of minor details in the Batman mythos from his origin to his level of intelligence to where he gets his weapons etc, all to make the movies darker, more appealing to the masses and more realistic. So long as she's sexy, dressed in black leather and has some level of sexual tension with the Batman it'll work. I didn't think they could make Two-Face disfigured side work but they did. I thought the Joker couldn't have worked without his trademark Joker gas that contorts your face but they did.

I agree the Riddler we've known from the comics doesn't work on his own, that's why he's inspired by the Joker. A genius former professor who was arrested in the narrows during the chaos at the end of Batman Begins and falsely accused of various crimes would be pretty upset and after sharing a cell with the Joker he'd easily be deranged. He'd pull similar stunts but with Riddles involved. It may sound corny but let him blow up a bridge during rush hour because Batman failed to solve a riddle and the funny shit goes away real fast.

Penguin would never work, how is Nolan gonna realistically depict him?

Darth Creasy

Fair enough...However he does it, I know Nolan CAN do it. You just can't have Robin any younger than 18, 19 and still keep the movie dark and brooding.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Devil King
I think Two-Face should be in the next movie. Maybe out for revenge against the mob and introduce Catwoman as a jewel thief. You could even toss in the Ridder as a third thread to the story. And then end it there. I believe Nolan said he wants to do a trilogy, so I think that would be a pretty good close to his story arc.

I also really like the idea of Gotham Knight. So maybe do another one to fill the gap between TDK and the next film and I'll consider my Batman DVD collection complete.

I am fairly certain that Two Face is dead.

xNIXSONx
You're Endrict Nuul aren't you? You got owned and logged on under xNIXSONx to prove a point. But just in case I'm wrong:

Apparently Nolan's already stated there will be no Robin in this series. Didn't now that when I was toying around with script ideas. So if you like, take Robin outta the equation and I've still written a 2 1/2 hour masterpiece.

As far as how it could work:
Everyone except Gordon and his kid think Batman is a murderer. Eventually Bruce gives up on the Batman persona, tired of running. Gordon's kid is now 20, 21 and has never forgotten how Batman saved his life. He almost gets killed trying to be a vigilante himself. Bruce gets word of this and after failing to talk him out of it decides if the kid's gonna do it he may as well do it right, and trains him.

As far as Lucy Lu, my bad, I was actually thinking of Kelly Hu, who played Yuriko (Lady Deathstrike) in X-2. Nolan could have her arrive in the states with a fake passport, assumed name, whatever. He's changed plenty of minor details in the Batman mythos from his origin to his level of intelligence to where he gets his weapons etc, all to make the movies darker, more appealing to the masses and more realistic. So long as she's sexy, dressed in black leather and has some level of sexual tension with the Batman it'll work. I didn't think they could make Two-Face disfigured side work but they did. I thought the Joker couldn't have worked without his trademark Joker gas that contorts your face but they did.

I agree the Riddler we've known from the comics doesn't work on his own, that's why he's inspired by the Joker. A genius former professor who was arrested in the narrows during the chaos at the end of Batman Begins and falsely accused of various crimes would be pretty upset and after sharing a cell with the Joker he'd easily be deranged. He'd pull similar stunts but with Riddles involved. It may sound corny but let him blow up a bridge during rush hour because Batman failed to solve a riddle and the funny shit goes away real fast.

Penguin would never work, how is Nolan gonna realistically depict him?

lol this idea of Gordon's kid has been talked about since Batman Begins, i think its silly. Are they gonna have Gordon's daughter as Batgirl? if its something it has to be Dick Grayson. You're idea of mentor, trainer, etc sounds like a Batman Beyond plot, the idea of an older batman, not quite as fast and strong as he used to, gives up.

kelly hu is better than lucy lu but they have not changed things that drastically in batman begins and tdk. Catwoman could be used for one person, love interest.

The Riddler ok, it sounds interesting if he is another sort of person derived from the Joker like two face. the batman animated series depicted him well, if i remember correctly, but im sure, even with him being insane and even more with sharing a cell with the Joker, do we want a Riddler with the appearance of his state of mind. The intelligent look, and intellectual in thought and speech. Otherwise if he was insane, itd be jim carey all over again

Penguin, basically dont take it literally. He has normal features just like everyone else, could be played by an actor like Bob Hoskins. Wants to rebuild his family name in Gotham, becoming a crime lord in gotham is a way he could make a ton of money and reputation not only with the public by his image and respectful nightclubs, but with the criminal underworld as well.

WrathfulDwarf
Just to remind some of you...this thread is to discuss the future of the franchise...not to engage in personal attacks. Keep the discussion on topic.

Mr Parker

Yeah Robin can be done right in Nolans style.You just got to get the horrible acting performance of Chris "way too old" O'donnel out of your mind and it can be done right.We probably wont see him till the fourth film though if its true Nolan only wants to do a trilogy.Have to wait till the fourth film when a new director comes on.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Yeah Robin can be done right in Nolans style.You just got to get the horrible acting performance of Chris "way too old" O'donnel out of your mind and it can be done right.We probably wont see him till the fourth film though if its true Nolan only wants to do a trilogy.Have to wait till the fourth film when a new director comes on.

If Nolan stays on, and there is a great chance he will, then I can see Robin in Batman 4 or Batman 5. I think its plausible to have Robin in Nolanverse, he just has to make it all work.

atharpina

the scarecrow being an annoyance is the point.. having him in all three movies but never being a huge main villian could just emphasize a point.. see the scarecrow is the most similar villian to batman, for obvious reasons. i think having him as a constant feature in the series would just keep them all tied together fluidly.. because fear is what theyre all about.

having ras come back would just be waaaay to hard to explain logicaly..the movie would become fantasy. like real fantasy.. too weird.

i cant say for sure, ill have to see it again, but two face may still be alive..i really hope so.. aaron eckhart did aaammmazzzing! and they still hav so much more he could do as a character..

i agree absolutely 100% with you about the joker situation..

for the next movie what i am picturing is a sort of hush storyline.. they could alter it some so that both tommy elliot and the riddler are the masterminds behind the whole scheme, rather than hush being decieved and used by the riddler. then as part of their scheme they could bring in black mask, catwoman, bane, the penguin, sal maroni (if he survived that car accident!), scarecrow, and two face and the joker, depending on what nolan and co. decide to do with those latter two characters... they could just have all the villians with their own little part to play in the story.. sort of how the different mobsters were in the dark knight... itd be a good way to show how the "freaks" have finally taken hold of gotham and complete the saga of how batman came to be the hero fighting his crazy rogues gallery of villains.. an epic conclusion..

atharpina
OOOO!! i just thought of this as i posted that last bit...

what if instead of having jason todd as the fake identity of hush, which haunts batman, they had it be harvey dent/two face...

LousyBoy
Did anyone else get the feeling that the ending was sort of rushed, or missing something? I makes me think there was a missing scene with the Joker that leads into the next film, and it could be released as the Directors Cut on DVD.

Devil King
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I am fairly certain that Two Face is dead.

That is certainly what I walked out of the theater thinking, but I can see why people think he might not be. I know that seemed the point of the agreement between Batman and Gordon, but I can also see where others are coming from and I woud rather see him back than relegated only to the last half hour of this film.

Darth Martin
Please, NO sidekicks!

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'd rather see a recasting of The Joker than a second rate joker like The Riddler.

Devil King
I'd rather see a recasting of The Joker than a second rate joker like The Riddler.

But the Riddler was never meant to be a second-rate Joker. They are two distinct characters, Schumacer be damned. I would love to see a good Riddler, maybe played by someone like Vincent Kartheiser. But if The Riddler is not re-worked into a more believable character, then he should not be involved in this story arc.

I'm not saying the Joker can't be re-cast, but I would prefer his character was handled in a seperate re-telling, maybe in a Gotham Knight style consideration. And more importantly as a closer to the Nolan-verse, in a revision of the Killing Joke. Maybe even one that considers some of the stories we encounter in the Batman Novels. Rather than telling the story of the Joker's wife being killed by an accident or him being blackmailed by the mob, him telling the story of killing a neighbourhood child that unwantedly following him to his "special place" and being killed because of it would be great. The Batman walking into his cell would be a great reflection of this movie. They aren't at odds as they were in this movie, but Batman is looking for some measure of closure without killing The Joker...or at least before it comes to that.

And Catwoman should be in the next film. I think she's a pretty obvious reflection of the Batman. That's why there's some measure of sexual tension between them.

So, Two-Face, Catwoman and the Riddler if there's room. Otherwise leave the other villains to an animated short for the other important villains.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The Riddler has always been The Joker-lite in my eyes.

Everyone knows that The Joker is Batman's ultimate nemesis, that's why I can't see a way around a recast for Nolan's final Batman movie. All the other villains that have been mentioned would be a step-down. That's why I think either The Joker will be back, or Batman will end up being the villain himself of the final piece.

Endrict Nuul
But Nolan helped a bit in the Jokers role....however Heath gave 1000% and died because of that role. Joker was so great because of what a performance Heath put on. Can another actor put in the same amount of effort as Heath did? I don't think so.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Heath Ledger's performance was electric, but I think it would be a disservice to the character if he was discarded just because he provoked such an excellent performance. Heath's portrayal should act as a template for the next. There are plenty of good actors out there...

xNIXSONx
The Riddler has always been The Joker-lite in my eyes.

Everyone knows that The Joker is Batman's ultimate nemesis, that's why I can't see a way around a recast for Nolan's final Batman movie. All the other villains that have been mentioned would be a step-down. That's why I think either The Joker will be back, or Batman will end up being the villain himself of the final piece.

yeah exactly, all the other villains are a step down from the Joker. The only one is Two Face IF he is still alive. I mean he might still be, not like he was in a speeding elevated train with a microwave emitor that slammed into the side of a water treatment facility underground parking area. He just fell like 2 stories (along with batman?) and landed yes on his back, if i recall that properly. However a kid in the states fell out of a tree bout the same height and survived, only cuz the way he landed on his back was the most ideal way to land from a fall.

Two Face HAS to be alive he already has a connecting role with Bruce and as Two Face, with Batman. How is batman gonna be the villain himself? interal conflict? or some sort of Spider-Man 3's symbiote type deal where he becomes the villain? where batman lives long enough to see himself become the villain...like Dent. the internal conflict thing has been done a lot idk what they could do with it that would be different

Mairuzu
I don't think I can sit there and watch batman "be a villain" during the entire movie

thats kinda.. boring...

how would this go down?

BruceSkywalker
Found this...

http://www.incontention.com/?p=992#more-992

Mairuzu
Interesting!

Devil King
I think the Riddler was the Joker-lite in Batman Forever, but that's not how he typically acts in the comics.

And speaking of diservices of characters, I think it just that to say all other villains are slightly lesser versions of the Joker. A lot of batman villains were just that, but don't forget how long some of these characters have been around. Even The Joker has a huge range in his past. He started out as a psychological character and has been through periods of laughable banality and it was only in the last few decades that he's retuned to a character-driven villain rather than a gimmick-driven villain. In fact, Batman characters , along with a small handfull of other comic icons, have been around long enough to truly reflect the course comics have taken in the history of their publication.

Devil King
Found this...

http://www.incontention.com/?p=992#more-992

I agree with the Bob Hoskins choice. That is a very direct result of his character in the Jet Li movie Unleashed, in which he was extremely excellent. If Penguin were at all involved in this version of Batman, it would need to be a character much like Hoskin's in that movie.

But, like most lists of this nature, it suffers from who-would-look-good-asthis-character-or-that syndrome, much more than it actually addresses who would stand out in that role. I can't think of anyone who would have put Heath Ledger of their list of possibles to play The Joker.

BruceSkywalker
I agree with the Bob Hoskins choice. That is a very direct result of his character in the Jet Li movie Unleashed, in which he was extremely excellent. If Penguin were at all involved in this version of Batman, it would need to be a character much like Hoskin's in that movie.

But, like most lists of this nature, it suffers from who-would-look-good-asthis-character-or-that syndrome, much more than it actually addresses who would stand out in that role. I can't think of anyone who would have put Heath Ledger of their list of possibles to play The Joker.

I agree. Besides you know that their will be many more list like that in the weeks and months to come.

atharpina
ya thats really true..

so far none of the actors chosen to play the various villians we have seen so far have looked the way we imagined they should look on screen.. but that hasnt been a bad things neccesaarily..

i mean the scarecrow was pretty, ras al ghul was straight european, zsasz was some skinhead, and the joker was a mesed up semi pretty boy whose make up and clothes made him look like a bum. even harvey dent didnt end up lookin how i always pictured he would in a movie... but all have worked ouut really and been criticaly successful portraysls... nolan and co. definitly arent lookin to simply satisfy the fans images of the characters. they jus go for talent.. heh imagine that!

xNIXSONx

Bob Hoskins is a great actor, definately my first pick and the actor safe to pitch if i had anything to do with casting for Penguin

i really want to see The Ventriloquist is a minor annoyance in the next batman. Wiki says Ventrilo was born into a mafia family, and if i still recall. Gotham still needs some cleanin up

Adam_PoE
That is certainly what I walked out of the theater thinking, but I can see why people think he might not be. I know that seemed the point of the agreement between Batman and Gordon, but I can also see where others are coming from and I woud rather see him back than relegated only to the last half hour of this film.

If the fall would not have been fatal, then Jim Gordon, Jr. was never truly in danger.

And unlike Rā's al Ghūl, the death of Two Face produced a body.

Devil King
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
If the fall would not have been fatal, then Jim Gordon, Jr. was never truly in danger.

And unlike Rā's al Ghūl, the death of Two Face produced a body.

I don't think the fall had to be fatal for Jr. to be in danger.

xNIXSONx
another idea for where they can go that will be really interesting is, have the next film be set in the future where bruce wayne's batman is retired, a more of a Batman Beyond type deal, without the super sci fi.

I really think that might be the only way to top it, Two Face might be dead and Riddler, Catwoman and Penguin might not have enough spice to top TDK.

the movie could start off with like young batman that we know taking down villains in engaging scenes, like with Riddler, show young bruce wayne matured and what adopted an opharned child grayson, taught him etc. Clips of em in action, then any other interesting things. and then cut to present day where we see the aged bruce retired batman, show some sympathy for the character and then like how there is a talk of the town of some kid and u know where itll go from there.

thats my idea to top tdk, i dunno how they can do it since Joker is batmans ultimate nemesis, bring the next batman to where it all began, an alternative idea than the obvious taking it to the next villain

Devil King
another idea for where they can go that will be really interesting is, have the next film be set in the future where bruce wayne's batman is retired, a more of a Batman Beyond type deal, without the super sci fi.

I really think that might be the only way to top it, Two Face might be dead and Riddler, Catwoman and Penguin might not have enough spice to top TDK.

the movie could start off with like young batman that we know taking down villains in engaging scenes, like with Riddler, show young bruce wayne matured and what adopted an opharned child grayson, taught him etc. Clips of em in action, then any other interesting things. and then cut to present day where we see the aged bruce retired batman, show some sympathy for the character and then like how there is a talk of the town of some kid and u know where itll go from there.

thats my idea to top tdk, i dunno how they can do it since Joker is batmans ultimate nemesis, bring the next batman to where it all began, an alternative idea than the obvious taking it to the next villain

I heard that idea on DVDuesday on Attack of the Show. I have to admit I think that would be a shitty idea.

xNIXSONx
I heard that idea on DVDuesday on Attack of the Show. I have to admit I think that would be a shitty idea.

someone had to bring it up

Devil King
I tend to agree with Chris Gore, but I seriously do not in this case.

xNIXSONx
you have any ideas? seems like what Gary Oldman said, the riddler might be the next villain, what situations would that put on Batman besides the riddles

Devil King
you have any ideas? seems like what Gary Oldman said, the riddler might be the next villain, what situations would that put on Batman besides the riddles

If the Anthony Michael Hall angle is used to further the character of the Riddler, I think he should be a Kaiser Soze type villain who is blackmailing Batman or simply threatening him. And as I said, he's a bit full of himself because he's on tv anyway. But he should die at the end, but not because of Batman. Maybe the Catwoman kills him to protect the identity of Batman, despite not knowing it herself.

But I don't profess to be a screenwriter. I just know what I don't think would work.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.