Things You Did Not Like About the Dark Knight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SelinaAndBruce
Okay, this movie was damn near perfect. I bow to Christopher Nolan for giving me the best Batman movie of all time, one that I hadn't even imagined was possible. The things I did not like about it are rather minor but here they are:

1. Bale's Bat voice. It was terrible and they gave him SO many suited up lines and he just sounded awful to me. I get that Batman has a disguised voice, but I just don't know what is with Bale's it's just grating and hard to understand. Maybe his accent makes it difficult to achieve? In any event, horrible IMO.

2. Maggie Gyllenhaal: She was not that much better than Katie Holmes to me. I think it is just as I always said, the Rachel Dawes character is just a huge ball of suck because I know that Maggie is a good actress and even she couldn't make Rachel Dawes likeable. At one point I almost was like well they could have just kept Katie Holmes then, except she looks entirely too young. But yea Rachel is definitely to me the dumbest thing Nolan put in his Batverse.

3. Harvey Dent becomes Two Face: very minor complaint but I was disappointed that depiste Boss Maroni being in the film his role in the transformation was non existant. That to me was kind of stupid.

Other than that though, I'm in heaven head over heels over this movie. I think I had a geekgasm or some sort, lol

Phucked Up
1. Bale's Bat voice. I agree, it was really grating at times. Tone it down a bit for the next one Bale.

2. Maggie Gyllenhaal. Only really because they recasted the role. I'm not a fan of recasts. Not to mention she looks 10 years older than she is. She's a great actress, but we already had an established Rachel.

3. The Sonar. A bit unrealistic for these more realistic films. And they used it a bit too much at the end.

SelinaAndBruce
I saw a lot of people complaining about the Sonar. It was unrealistic in a way, but I just kind of went with it. I was like whatever. They could have done something else or better but all of this stuff is so minor, the movie was amazing. I'm still recovering after a midnight showing

Mairuzu
The bat voice was my only problem, everything else was just fine, didnt mind maggie at all

SelinaAndBruce
Even though I did not like the Joker's makeup in all the promo shots and stuff and it took me a minute to really get into it with how horrid he looked I have to say after a while Heath's performance sucked me in so much so that I no longer consider it a detriment to the experience of the film for me. Heath DEFINITELY made it work and made me believe he was the Joker.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I saw a lot of people complaining about the Sonar. It was unrealistic in a way, but I just kind of went with it. I was like whatever. They could have done something else or better but all of this stuff is so minor, the movie was amazing. I'm still recovering after a midnight showing

Agreed, these are all very minor details to me, it's still great.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Phucked Up
Agreed, these are all very minor details to me, it's still great.
Yes I am grateful that my complaints list is so very short and it's just minor tweaks. I am really in awe of Nolan. I liked Batman Begins but found it somewhat dry. But the Dark Knight is a masterpiece and there is no way around that. Nothing is perfect but he has created something that is incredibly close IMO.

Wolverine2006
My only complain is Bales Batman voice...but i got used to it. I understand he's trying to mask his voice and at the same time sound tough, but he went a little too far. But still it really wasnt a big deal, I loved the movie.

Mairuzu
i thought the voice was great in the first movie ermm

SelinaAndBruce
I never liked his voice in Begins either. But at least he didn't have a bunch of lines. He was giving too many speeches in this movie with is voice like that to the point where I was like "OMG please shut up Batman. Write it down or send them an email or something!" lol. I think they just need to let Batman talk less. I prefer a quieter more menacing type Batman anyway and all that talking is just not pleasant with that voice.

Mairuzu
Didn't care much, movie was too amazing for me to notice the little bad things about it.

SelinaAndBruce
The movie was quite amazing but there were a couple of things that took me out of it and those were the ones listed. I definitely think it is the best Batman movie ever and I will prolly see it again a couple more times. And Nolan should have a monument built to him from Batfans everywhere, lol

WrathfulDwarf
My only complain....

...Not enough batarangs in TDK.

SelinaAndBruce
Oooh good point WD, lol. Now that ya mention it there weren't, lol

Joker1237
Spoilers.

The rush with Twoface. I think Twoface would have been a great set up for a 3rd Batman movie. Twoface came in near the end about, and well. I not saying much. But I disagree with what happen to Twoface in the end.

Darth Martin
Some people liked the sonar, some didn't. The Batvoice got to me though. Didn't care for it.

Impediment
The voice was okay. I liked it, personally.

This is me being very anal, but I hated the fact that Maroni didn't scar Harvey's face. It's all kind of.....I dunno...myth, you know?

I also didn't like the fact that there was no "Joker gas". It would have been fun to see. However, I realize that this was meant to be a much more realistic imagining than comic book-esque.

S_D_J
- Bale's Bat Voice

-Not so much Maggie Gyllenhaal, but recasting Rachel Dawes. I just can't stand when there's no continuity...

-............Two-Face, I wanted to see more of him.... The CG face, and when he scream for his name to Gordon, amazing.... there's so much potentialOriginally posted by Mairuzu
i thought the voice was great in the first movie ermm

actually I didn't mind his voice much in Begin as well... it's just that he uses it from the start to the end of the movie... It's kinda hard not to notice it

Darth Vicious

Same here. I thought the damn sonar was a Daredevil rip-off. The effect at least.

-The voice bothered me a bit. He was trying to hard.
-The frikking mask bothered me. It was too bulky.(I know, i know, its supposed to be one of the first versions but still).
-The end bugged me a bit. What he and Gordon agreed. I fully understand why he did it but he shouldnt had to take the blame for killing the cops.

Overall, great movie!

Plutonic_Hat90
His voice was kind of annoying but after the first scene I just got used to it. I would have preferred a bit more action.... the final battle was a bit of a letdown.

And I was expecting some kind of cool fight between the joker and batman after the truck flipped over. They advertised that part like it was going to be the finale in the trailers but nothing really happened.

Not that it matters, this is more of a crime/drama then an action movie and for that... it kicks ass

S_D_J
Originally posted by Plutonic_Hat90
His voice was kind of annoying but after the first scene I just got used to it. I would have preferred a bit more action.... the final battle was a bit of a letdown.

And I was expecting some kind of cool fight between the joker and batman after the truck flipped over. They advertised that part like it was going to be the finale in the trailers but nothing really happened.

Not that it matters, this is more of a crime/drama then an action movie and for that... it kicks ass

But we did got lots of action... the whole Chase sequence was amazing, the chase, the bazooka, the Tumbler, the Bat-pod eek!... the helicopter...and the truck flipping over... none of the jumping from rooftops around here this time...

and the fight scenes... eek!

Quincy
What we all think:

More Two Face

BlackSunshine
Only a few things:

Bales disguised voice was a little frustrating...it sounded like he was trying too hard to disguise his voice.

There should have been more Two-Face

jrodslam
Batmans voice. I think Bale was trying to put to much sauce on it. Had he toned it down a bit, it would have been alright.

Lack of gadgets really pissed me off. Batman is know for having gadgets and ways of getting out of situations. That was hardly displayed in the movie at all. Same for Joker. I was a bit upset that there was no Joker gas, besides the opening scene in the bank. The gas didnt even do anything at that. No acid flower either. I thought/hoped that at least joker would have some gizmos, but that wasnt the case. sad

Jokers lack of identification. These guys did a dna and fingerprint search along with a dental record search and found nothing. Wtf was that about? Nothing?

Jokers makeup. I was upset that in the movie, Joker was a guy/criminal with scars who wore makeup. Sorry, but im used to Joker with chalk white skin.

Besides that, i think it was a good movie. Definitely in top 3 superhero movies imo.

super pr*xy
the batman voice is annoying at first. got over it though in about two minutes. kevin conroy had the best bruce/batman voice... same, but somehow different.

so happy they killed dawes.

ragesRemorse

The Sonar definitely wasn't nearly as goofy as some of the things they did in Batman Begins.

Were the midnight showings sold out at your theater? We had to go to a 3am showing because the midnight shows were sold out. I go to midnight showings all the time. the only time i've ever see a midnight showing sold out, especially one that is playing on 3 screens was Phantom menace.

What is up with people complaining about the "bat voice".

Endrict Nuul
Batman's voice but I can overlook that......but Maggie Gyllenhaal? Hellz no...she was just meh.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
The Sonar definitely wasn't nearly as goofy as some of the things they did in Batman Begins.

Were the midnight showings sold out at your theater? We had to go to a 3am showing because the midnight shows were sold out. I go to midnight showings all the time. the only time i've ever see a midnight showing sold out, especially one that is playing on 3 screens was Phantom menace.

What is up with people complaining about the "bat voice".

Because it sounded like he had a sore throat......

super pr*xy
i would've given rachel dawes a fighting chance if she wasn't played by katie holmes in begins.

Kento
My only real problem was Joker being in make-up instead of his skin being that chalk white. But that was easily gotten over since the movie was so awesome. Bales voice as Batman didn't really get on my nerves. It wasn't that great but it wasn't that terrible either imo.

SelinaAndBruce
I never liked the Rachel Dawes character. IMO I just think they should have given Batman a girlfriend from the comics or something because that character was pointless and annoying. I never felt any kind of real romantic tension between her and Bruce when Katie or Maggie played her. And I hate that she also usurped Gilda's place in Harvey's life as well. She did tie the stories in pretty well though but overall I found the character as more of a plot point than someone actually important to the films. I dunno.

But I'm glad to see I am not the only one who thinks Bale needs to can it with that Bat voice.

BackFire
Some things that I didn't like:

Like everyone else, Bale's voice when he's Batman is a bit much, it's almost comical.

Another thing, was it just me, or did Gotham City not really feel like Gotham City in this one? It didn't feel industrialized and it wasn't nearly as Dark as in Batman Begins. Felt like just some random New York type city.

And I thought two face was poorly done. Too much of him considering how the movie ends. More time to build up the tension between Batman and Joker would have been nice.

Other than that, awesome movie. Ledger was excellent, and I'm pleased to say that. I was worried that his performance was gathering more hype than it deserved because of his death. But he deserved it, every scene he was in was just a joy to watch.

SelinaAndBruce
IA Backfire. I went in thinking the movie was overhyped and Ledger was being given slightly more praise because of his death (I always thought he'd be good though) but man I was blown away on all ends. My complaints are minor, but I think Nolan truly made the perfect Batman film here. I wasn't ever that big on Begins. I liked it but I felt it was stilted and dry. But this movie, sheer perfection for this Batfan. I have no problem calling this the greatest Batman film ever, and I had my reservations in saying that about Batman Begins.

The biggest things for me though were definitely Bale's voice and Maggie G didn't do very much more than Katie Holmes did IMO

HueyFreeman
The story was excellent, my ownly gripe is Ledgers rasp and the Joker laugh. The Joker and his laugh are as inseparable as spiderman and his webs. I felt Ledger nailed most of the joker except for the laugh. I imagine its just to hard to really do that chuckle ala Mark Hamil style.

SelinaAndBruce
I thought Ledger did fine with the laugh.To me his performance was flawless as was Aaron Eckharts who IMO unfortunately will be overlooked because Ledger was so good.

Starscream M
to me, the joker was TOO GOOD, so that everyone else (batman, two-face) were overshadowed

this movie was the JOKER's

SelinaAndBruce
Yea I actually think overall Christian Bale looked weak compared to his supporting cast. The Joker was aces, Two Face was aces and Batman was adequate but he just paled in comparison to them IMO. Not that I think Bale did a bad job or anything I felt he was quite effective as well but definitely upstaged by his villains

brainchild81
The Batvoice seemed worse. &he still looks funny while he's doing it. Trying waay too hard. Would have liked to see more of Two-face. Still a great film though

Devil King
I don't have a problem with recasting Rachel, but they could have done it with someone who is marginally attractive. Maggie Gyllenhaal is anything but. I don't really have much to say about her acting abilities, but there's just no getting around the fact that she looks like she's melting. The girl is just butt ass ugly. It's like she was making an ugly face when she was a child and it stuck.

BackFire
I dunno what happened to Gyllenhaal, she used to be quite hot.

SelinaAndBruce
Maggie was not very easy on the eyes...and her acting didn't help IMO.

Impediment
Mags is, in my opinion, an ugly actress.

BruceSkywalker
Okay, this movie was damn near perfect. I bow to Christopher Nolan for giving me the best Batman movie of all time, one that I hadn't even imagined was possible. The things I did not like about it are rather minor but here they are:

1. Bale's Bat voice. It was terrible and they gave him SO many suited up lines and he just sounded awful to me. I get that Batman has a disguised voice, but I just don't know what is with Bale's it's just grating and hard to understand. Maybe his accent makes it difficult to achieve? In any event, horrible IMO.

2. Maggie Gyllenhaal: She was not that much better than Katie Holmes to me. I think it is just as I always said, the Rachel Dawes character is just a huge ball of suck because I know that Maggie is a good actress and even she couldn't make Rachel Dawes likeable. At one point I almost was like well they could have just kept Katie Holmes then, except she looks entirely too young. But yea Rachel is definitely to me the dumbest thing Nolan put in his Batverse.

3. Harvey Dent becomes Two Face: very minor complaint but I was disappointed that depiste Boss Maroni being in the film his role in the transformation was non existant. That to me was kind of stupid.

Other than that though, I'm in heaven head over heels over this movie. I think I had a geekgasm or some sort, lol

I liked Bale's Bat voice. I also liiked how Ledger spoke as the Joker.

Maggie is a far far better actress than Katie Holmes will ever be. And Maggie was great.

Two Face was good. Eckhart did a good jpb.

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
My only complain....

...Not enough batarangs in TDK.

Originally posted by Impediment
The voice was okay. I liked it, personally.

This is me being very anal, but I hated the fact that Maroni didn't scar Harvey's face. It's all kind of.....I dunno...myth, you know?

I also didn't like the fact that there was no "Joker gas". It would have been fun to see. However, I realize that this was meant to be a much more realistic imagining than comic book-esque.

SelinaAndBruce
This wasn't major but I saw this again today and I remembered that I almost had a panic attack when Batman showed up in that night club. The flashing lights made me remember Schumacher Batman and I almost had flashbacks. Just please keep Batman away from bright lights and dance music, lol.

Emil Blonsky
Maggie was hot, and nothing really bothered me. It did help that her boobs jiggled a lot.

Bat Dude
The sonar is like the microwave emitter... Both are unrealistic, but you just kinda run with it because it's not something you really need to gripe about, you know?

Overall, this movie was top notch, and definitely the best Batman movie yet... There isn't too much to complain about, but if I HAD to complain, it'd be:

-Bale's Bat-Voice

-Gordon becoming Commissioner all of a sudden with no scene explaining why HE got chosen over other, higher ranking officers (he went from Lieutenant to Commissioner in just under an hour)

The j0keR
Originally posted by Bat Dude

-Gordon becoming Commissioner all of a sudden with no scene explaining why HE got chosen over other, higher ranking officers (he went from Lieutenant to Commissioner in just under an hour)

He got promoted for catching the Joker, even though it turned out to be by Joker's design.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by The j0keR
He got promoted for catching the Joker, even though it turned out to be by Joker's design.

I don't remember them ever saying that...

All I remember was Loeb died, and all of a sudden people are calling him Commissioner...

SelinaAndBruce
I think they did promote him for catching the Joker though I don't think it was ever explicitly stated

The j0keR
I don't remember them ever saying that...

All I remember was Loeb died, and all of a sudden people are calling him Commissioner...

I think it was pretty much implied he was promoted for catching Joker, since it was part of the celebration with the mayor afterwards. The mayor must of just made the decision, since he believed Gordon was dead before.

SpyCspider
Bale's voice needs refinement. Batman's voice should be gritty (Keaton's, Kilmer's, or Conroy's) , not over-the-top raspy (Bale's). Cuz Bale sounds like he's snarling every time he says something and I think if I were a criminal, after a while, i wouldn't be able to hold in my laughter. Of course, I'd be scared sh*t dangling upside down or thrown off a 2 story-building (ouch that scene!), but still...

And yea..not enough Bat/Joker gadgets. Batarangs would've been nice and acid flower as well. Simple stuff that coulda been thrown in for just a scene or two just to remind the audience.

Impediment
Would it have ruined the plausibility of the movie had the Joker used his patented "Joker gas"? I would have loved to see it.

SpyCspider
how did he end up giving his victims the patented Joker smile anyway? I assumed he cut them....

Devil King
Originally posted by BackFire
I dunno what happened to Gyllenhaal, she used to be quite hot.

Well, apparently she got so hot she's begun to slowly melt.

I just kept looking at her and thinking "I know you grew up with her Bruce, but you can do so much better". Personally, I think she got what she deserved.

ScarletSpeed
The sonar is like the microwave emitter... Both are unrealistic, but you just kinda run with it because it's not something you really need to gripe about, you know?

Overall, this movie was top notch, and definitely the best Batman movie yet... There isn't too much to complain about, but if I HAD to complain, it'd be:

-Bale's Bat-Voice

yeah, he went from Detective to Lieutenant to Commissioner awfully fast.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SpyCspider
how did he end up giving his victims the patented Joker smile anyway? I assumed he cut them....

He cut their faces and then painted them like his...

What a sicko...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BigRed
Also, I forgot to mention...

I've head a lot of complaints on forums and from my friend that saw the movie with me about Christian Bale's voice as Batman. I don't get what the deal is. He has to disguise it from people finding out who he really is and he has to make it deep and raspy to scare criminals. I think the voice is easy to understand and perfectly done.

Agreed

SelinaAndBruce
We all get the purpose of the Bat voice. We're not stupid. It just sounds horrible and it was difficult to understand him at times IMO and I have seen other Batmen disguise their voices and not sound like that.

Menetnashté
So complaints would be just three things:
1) the obvious that everyone has been saying, Batman's voice, didn't bother me much but it was still a bit much. In fact he sounded kind of like Old Snake, for those who have played MGS4...
2) Maggie, um...they kept talking about how beautiful she was and I was just throughout wishing that Katie Holmes was there instead, might not be a great actress but it wasn't a humongous role, she was in the last one, and she's a helluva a lot better looking.
3) It might've been too good. I mean I can honestly tell everyone I didn't give a rat's ass when Ledger died, I mean yeah I'm not happy he died but I was indifferent. After seeing this and knowing that he would likely have returned I'm just like F%$*

SelinaAndBruce
Shrek is misspelled in that chart

ScarletSpeed
Batman's voice didn't bother me,

he was always described to have a horrible and sort of terrifying voice, I think Bale got it srug

WrathfulDwarf

It could be a matter of opinion. But during the bank robbery the grenade in the mouth of the guy could have been laughing gas. We just never saw what happens next.

The j0keR
Would it have ruined the plausibility of the movie had the Joker used his patented "Joker gas"? I would have loved to see it.

I think it might have been repetitive after Scarecrow's toxin in Begins.

chithappens
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Same here. I thought the damn sonar was a Daredevil rip-off. The effect at least.

-The voice bothered me a bit. He was trying to hard.
-The frikking mask bothered me. It was too bulky.(I know, i know, its supposed to be one of the first versions but still).
-The end bugged me a bit. What he and Gordon agreed. I fully understand why he did it but he shouldnt had to take the blame for killing the cops.

Overall, great movie!

LOL, how did you not understand the end?

Dent was the "light" of the city. He gave the people hope. If he had been labeled as a murderer, then everything he did would have been for nothing. The citizens already saw Batman as a non-hero so it was no big deal for him to take the blame.

They bashed that message over and over. It's hard to miss laughing

The j0keR
Yep, so actually Joker did win, but then Bats and Gordon cheated by covering it up. stick out tongue

chithappens
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
yeah, he went from Detective to Lieutenant to Commissioner awfully fast.

Look the sacrifices the man made. It's not really a huge surprise. Everyone was getting killed at that point and it seemed everyone was too scared to stand up to crime.

Made sense to me.

=Tired Hiker=
I don't like Christian Bale as Batman. He looks like a recovered alcoholic going through withdrawals.

BigRed
The only complaint I can come up with is Maggie Gyllenhaal. Her acting wasn't bad by any means. Just decent compared to the other actors IMO. Not even much of a flaw considering it is overly compensated by the greatness of the rest of the film.

Devil King
Originally posted by chithappens
Look the sacrifices the man made. It's not really a huge surprise. Everyone was getting killed at that point and it seemed everyone was too scared to stand up to crime.

Made sense to me.

Yeah, I mean if I'm the Mayor I want to put someone in the office that's been getting thingsa done. And from what I saw, he was the only one getting anything done. Well, the only one getting anything done that wasn't a vigilante or the District Attourney.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
Batman's voice didn't bother me,

he was always described to have a horrible and sort of terrifying voice, I think Bale got it srug

I've never had a problem with his Bat voice. It gets better and I can't wait to hear it again with Batman 3 comes out

chithappens
I think it's time I pay homage to DK for the Joker avatar. He has had that up for months having not even seen the movie.

Prophet? laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BigRed
The only complaint I can come up with is Maggie Gyllenhaal. Her acting wasn't bad by any means. Just decent compared to the other actors IMO. Not even much of a flaw considering it is overly compensated by the greatness of the rest of the film.

Maggie to me is a far, far, far greater actress than Katie Holmes. She brung a much better atmosphere to the character and looked better when she was on screeen

SelinaAndBruce
I think Katie Holmes was better looking and the difference in acting ability didn't save Rachel Dawes from being a suck ass character so really the recast did nothing for me.

BruceSkywalker
I think Katie Holmes was better looking and the difference in acting ability didn't save Rachel Dawes from being a suck ass character so really the recast did nothing for me.

The character did suck, but Maggie Gyllanhaal made people like her more.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
The character did suck, but Maggie Gyllanhaal made people like her more.
Not me though laughing And most other Bat fans that I talked to still weren't upset when she blew up and found her fickle. I could have taken Maggie or Katie really. Maggie was slightly less annoying but she was harder on the eyes and all in all, Rachel just sucks.

ragesRemorse
I thought Katie holmes was an awful casting choice. I was happy to see her gone.

The only part i didnt like is when the tumbler jumped over that car, that was almost Shumacher stupid

Devil King
Originally posted by chithappens
I think it's time I pay homage to DK for the Joker avatar. He has had that up for months having not even seen the movie.

Prophet? laughing out loud

See, damn right. I don't know if I was the first, but I know there were a HELL of a lot less Joker themed avatars. I've been singing the praises of this movie for a year now. And I don't think it has much to do with anything other than my extreme confidence in Nolan that was inspired by the fantastic job he did with Begins. The Joker has been one of my heroes since I was a kid. That's why they called me Joker in middle school. And even I was unsure about the casting of Ledger, but I knew Nolan saw something and that was good enough for me. I was also weary at first about him wearing make-up, but as soon as I saw that first picture of him, with the torn open face, I was sold.

And I'm changing it tomorrow, because it's just become far too confusing for me. The other day I read a post and I asked myself what the hell I was thinking when I wrote that. I thought "I don't even think that about the subject." Well it wasn't me. It was one of the 160,000 other people with the same avatar.

Mr Parker
For me the only thing that really bothered me is the dogs attacking batman.that was totally unnessary and uncalled for for that to be in the film.thats the only one nagative I have about it other than it though,other than the look of the joker of course. big grin

Master Crimzon
I only hate, hate, hate one thing about TDK.

It's 10-20 minutes too long. no expression

Now, you might ask "why do I hate it?". You know why? Because of it being too long, I couldn't fully go out of the theatre with the insane adrenaline pumping in my body, and it's why I can't look at the hype it gets and fully, honestly say "Damnit, this really is one of the greatest movies ever made". It's my favorite superhero movie of all time, to be sure, and I'm probably listing it as one of my all-time favorites, but why, Chris, why? Why did you ruin one of the only movies I'd give a 10/10, and instead reduce it to an ALMOST perfect movie?

An almost perfect movie is like getting an A-. It's perfect... oh crap.

So, in the end, I give this movie a 9.5/10. Incredible, incredible movie. But, sadly, a minor- but nontheless glaring- prevent cinematic perfection from being achieved.

And now I'm gonna go watch it again. Maybe it won't bother me as much a second time.

Myth
I could have gone 30 more minutes or so.

Scythe
The bat voice and Ledger's entire portrayal of the Joker. I mean, it was good, but it didn't work for me. I can see why tons of people liked his performance, but if so many people watch him and portray themselves as the Joker in real life thanks to his role, then it's detracted so much for me.

SelinaAndBruce
I loved Ledger's portrayal of the Joker but i mean it didn't remind me of the Joker in the comics that much. Like I couldn't imagine Heath's Joker as the same Joker who almost got beat to death in the Hush series.

Scythe
I loved Ledger's portrayal of the Joker but i mean it didn't remind me of the Joker in the comics that much. Like I couldn't imagine Heath's Joker as the same Joker who almost got beat to death in the Hush series.

Don't get me wrong, it was great, however all the sick, little, fanboys have ruined it for me...

And yes, the Joker in the Hush series did get his ass handed to him didn't he?

demoneyeslaharl
While the Bat-voice is really a legitimate complaint, the thing is it was only annoying towards the end, when Batman was really really tired. I didn't mind it too much.

Joker not being bleached (even partially).

I have long gotten over Two-Face's fate... it was a perfect end for the story, even if I wanted to see more of him.

Master Crimzon
Ledger's Joker was brilliant.

Dare I say it, though? I think his performance should be down in the 'great Joker stories', along with comics like The Killing Joke, The Man Who Laughs, and Arkham Asylum. THAT'S how good it was.

I'd say that Ledger's Joker is the only performance in the media that managed to capture the essence of The Joker. First of all, I loved his makeup; it makes him look more like a psycho from a horror movie, which already adds points. I loved how smart he was, and his whole infatuation with knives, sadism, and total love for chaos. If you get over the appearance (which I like), y'see that this Joker is percisely the comic book Joker (in his proper form); sadistic, brutal, murderous, rule-less, fiendishly intelligent, masochistic and afraid of nothing, and able to get inside your head. I mean, not only the heads of characters in the movie (I love how he pissed Bats off, for once), but our heads. The viewer's heads.

Neo Darkhalen
Why did Batman crash during the chase scene, okay so i know he does not kill anyone but it's kinda strange considering in begins, he did not kill Ra's but he chose not to save him either, i think that if Batman jumped off his batpod it would have made a much more dramatic scene, that way it's the Jokers choice to either stand there and die or move out of the way.

Also the Joker's plan relied to much on things going right for it to work, everything had to go right....these are not big negative points, just minor gripes really.

rox
it left to much open and unanswered. what happen to joker scarcrow and two face. was resse really riddler or working for him. resse had way to many unanswered things about him to

starlock
I did not like the movie at all, some good moments, but overall...bad...i.m.o

Do we need a rehash of the joker and two face...when batman might have the best rouges gallery ever?

The batman voice, horrible whats to say?

Stupid scenes that were so dumb....driving his lamborgini into the van and stopping the van...so bad.......

All the machine guns and planning, and yet they use a wire acorss buildings...to take out a hellicopter....which just happens to hit one of the escort trucks.......ugghhhh.......

What happen to the police? there were no bullets in gotham? when did the cops ever shoot at the criminals?......

The scenery....what was that new york? chicago? it sure was not gotham.

The joker at the funeral procession...and even without white make up ....nobody noticed him...ughhh

Blowing up a hospital and walking out in drag...not one cop around...not even a crossing guard?....and what he just popped into the back of a school bus....ughghh

Heath played a good bad guy, but never convinced me he was the joker

Rachel Daws...horrible...and to think she got uglier than the first one...waste of time

Where was the batcave? what was that bright white room with thrown together computers and machines...felt out of place...i know his house was burned down...but cmon

Bat sonar....at first i was like cool....then i was surprised to see so much of it...it got bad real quick

The fighting...again i saw no improvement from begins

Flying around to much, i am all for a cape that lets you glide...but its getting tireing after two movies

The ending....not a good one

I think Batman Begins was better...much better

the good thing is it is breaking all the records...and thats good, i want all comic movies to be blockbusters....that means more comic movies, and i do love them, i cant let the batman fan that i have been for over 30 years overtake my dislike for this movie....very disapointed

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by starlock

Do we need a rehash of the joker and two face...when batman might have the best rouges gallery ever?

Stupid scenes that were so dumb....driving his lamborgini into the van and stopping the van...so bad.......

All the machine guns and planning, and yet they use a wire acorss buildings...to take out a hellicopter....which just happens to hit one of the escort trucks.......ugghhhh.......

What happen to the police? there were no bullets in gotham? when did the cops ever shoot at the criminals?......

The joker at the funeral procession...and even without white make up ....nobody noticed him...ughhh

Blowing up a hospital and walking out in drag...not one cop around...not even a crossing guard?....and what he just popped into the back of a school bus....ughghh

Rachel Daws...horrible...and to think she got uglier than the first one...waste of time

Where was the batcave? what was that bright white room with thrown together computers and machines...felt out of place...i know his house was burned down...but cmon

Bat sonar....at first i was like cool....then i was surprised to see so much of it...it got bad real quick

Flying around to much, i am all for a cape that lets you glide...but its getting tireing after two movies

the good thing is it is breaking all the records...and thats good, i want all comic movies to be blockbusters....that means more comic movies, and i do love them, i cant let the batman fan that i have been for over 30 years overtake my dislike for this movie....very disapointed
Rest in peace...

Master Crimzon

Prepare to die.

Nah, I'm just kiddin'. It's your right not to have liked the movie, although I don't think most of your points make any sense.

SelinaAndBruce
I think most of his points actually did make some sense. The Joker escaping the hospital was somewhat weird, lol

Master Crimzon
I was under the impression that all policemen were busy taking care of the people outside, and the crazy mobs. I mean, really.

Now, I'm bored, so I feel like actually debating:

The fighting, for example, was considerably better than in Begins. Can anyone deny this? Seriously. And the whole New Gotham look, I think, is basically a copy- or a near-copy- to the Gotham City seen in flashbacks from Bruce's past. Making it look more like a real-life city, such as New York- while it lessened from the 'Comic book' element, it added to the intense and gritty feeling of the movie. It made it feel so much more... real.

The batcave? Admittedly, I didn't like the whole new penthouse thing, but, c'mon. It wasn't -that- bad.

What was so wrong about the car scene?

As for nobody noticing the Joker, what? Does any guy with scars have to be the Joker? And besides, all police officers were kidnapped and impersonated, so it's plausible that nobody actually looked at them.

The Joker and Two-Face are arguably Batman's best-known villains; the Joker is his greatest enemy, and Two-Face fits perfectly into the mood of the movie. I really liked how the four main characters were all identifiable as different roles within the stories- Gordon was a hero, Batman is a sort of anti-hero, Two-Face is a fallen hero, and the Joker is a villain.

What was wrong with the ending? Did you want the Joker to die, Two-Face to be saved, and Batman to live happily ever after? It was a perfect ending, although it felt slightly rushed to me.

Finally, how did Heath not convince you to be the Joker. Don't tell me you think Jack Nicholson's Joker was more... err.. like the Joker?

SelinaAndBruce
I actually do agree no one noticing the unmade up Joker is kind of stupid. The Mayor's life has been threatened you'd think heightened security especially of officers with guns considering the high level of corruption in the Gotham PD and the fact that the commissioner was just killed more than likely by someone who got on the inside would be an absolute must. And seriously how many people have scarred up faces like that. The idea that NONE of the people around him, and I do realize they kidnapped quite a few people but none of the people in the parade noticed him is kind of dumb

Master Crimzon
Well, evidently, the police were corrupt a-holes, so it is possible that they were bribed or sumthin'. I guess that's speculation, though.

Toku King
Some parts were a little hard to follow, and Bale's Batman voice was annoying. Besides that? No complaints. Stop bitching, everyone!

TazzMission2023
the only beef i had with it was two things and thereminor things.

1. 2face looked like the mummy

2nd. they left two clifhanger endings wich leaves both villains alive or dead

other than those two minor flaws the movie was awsome

SelinaAndBruce
LOL no one is bitching I actually think people have made some great points, some of it is stuff I never even thought of before

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by TazzMission2023
the only beef i had with it was two things and thereminor things.

1. 2face looked like the mummy

2nd. they left two clifhanger endings wich leaves both villains alive or dead

other than those two minor flaws the movie was awsome

1) blink

2) Harvey Dent's dead. The Joker didn't leave much of a cliffhanger. He's in police custody. Clearly alive.

And Starlock is clearly wrong as he can't spell Rogue.

Toku King
LOL no one is bitching I actually think people have made some great points, some of it is stuff I never even thought of before

The whole basis of the thread is on bitching and moaning about a great film.

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by Toku King
As irritating I find some people on this thread, criticism of a film is valid, even criticism of a film as good (or more to the point, popular) film as the Dark Knight. I don't have to agree with it. Some of it's perfectly reasonable, however. "Bitching" is a rather unfair judgement of many of these posts.
I'm fairly certain that most people posting here liked the Dark Knight, but with everyone raving, it seems fair enough to try to actually balance the opinions a little.
Then again, I can only imagine what would have happened to this thread had "Da" Joker not been banned a few days ago...

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Toku King
The purpose of this fhread is to say, yes we loved this film but here are a few flaws it had. There's nothing wrong with that. I don't see how pointing out a few things you didn't like is any worse than gushing about how great it is in thread after thread. Just a variation in discussion

TazzMission2023
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
1) blink

2) Harvey Dent's dead. The Joker didn't leave much of a cliffhanger. He's in police custody. Clearly alive.

And Starlock is clearly wrong as he can't spell Rogue.

i dont know i think 2face is alive.. i watched the dvd 4 times and think hes still alive

ragesRemorse
I didn't like when the bat bike did a 180 off of the wall. That was something you would see in BAtman and Robin.

Dark-Jaxx
Batman's voice. It was just annoying.

Maggie, but that's mostly because Rachel is just not that likeable or interesting IMO.

I wish Two Face did not die, Aaron played an amazing performance, second only to the late Heath Ledger IMO, when he screamed,"It's about what's fair!!!" I felt all tingly.

But those are very minor when compared with the quality of the movie, I still give it a 10.

starlock
Hey all...i cant tell you guys and girls your wrong about your love of the movie...and you cant tell me i am wrong over my disapointment of this movie...but i think its a good thing to see both sides.....i could have just visited each of the batman threads raving about it and just opposed every ones opinion...i dont think taste can be judged to a certain extent....i noticed a thread about things you dont like about the Dark Knight......and i expressed myself......i dont like this movie

I hear people say that was the joker in Dark Knight.....but i have been reading batman for over thirty years...... and jacks joker was closer to the joker i know for over the 30 years that i have read batmans comics....maybe in recent times with comics getting grittier and the audience being so young they dont see it that way....and i ok with that

But i will speak my mind...and i expect you to do the same

I would rather watch batman and robin and batman forever over the Dark Knight....what can i say....i ilke my comic book movies to be like the comics they came from...not some vision of modern times.....i want gotham to feel like a comic...not like manhattan or chicago...yes elements of them sure...but thats me....i grew up watching the tv show from the 60's...and would watch that over this movie also

Anyway to each his own.....i am and always will be a huge batman fan....and have been for over 30 years.....and plan to be for another 30..batman is one the the best characters ever created in comics..i hope we can agree on that wink

TazzMission2023
Hey all...i cant tell you guys and girls your wrong about your love of the movie...and you cant tell me i am wrong over my disapointment of this movie...but i think its a good thing to see both sides.....i could have just visited each of the batman threads raving about it and just opposed every ones opinion...i dont think taste can be judged to a certain extent....i noticed a thread about things you dont like about the Dark Knight......and i expressed myself......i dont like this movie

I hear people say that was the joker in Dark Knight.....but i have been reading batman for over thirty years...... and jacks joker was closer to the joker i know for over the 30 years that i have read batmans comics....maybe in recent times with comics getting grittier and the audience being so young they dont see it that way....and i ok with that

But i will speak my mind...and i expect you to do the same

I would rather watch batman and robin and batman forever over the Dark Knight....what can i say....i ilke my comic book movies to be like the comics they came from...not some vision of modern times.....i want gotham to feel like a comic...not like manhattan or chicago...yes elements of them sure...but thats me....i grew up watching the tv show from the 60's...and would watch that over this movie also

Anyway to each his own.....i am and always will be a huge batman fan....and have been for over 30 years.....and plan to be for another 30..batman is one the the best characters ever created in comics..i hope we can agree on that wink

i respect your thought but if you truley read batman for 30 years than how the hell can you say the 89 film beats the dark knight? i never touched a comic in my life and i even think the dark knight is the best.

Almighty Bauer
i respect your thought but if you truley read batman for 30 years than how the hell can you say the 89 film beats the dark knight? i never touched a comic in my life and i even think the dark knight is the best.
Huh? You asked him why he thinks the '89 film is superior to the Dark Knight, having read comics for 30 years, yet you've never read a comic...

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I didn't like when the bat bike did a 180 off of the wall. That was something you would see in BAtman and Robin.
Yeah that was just stupid

Master Crimzon
Well, if you read the gritter graphic novels like The Long Halloween, Year One, The Killing Joke, and Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth, you would know that the Nolan Franchise is FAR closer to the 'modern' Batman (that is, the Batman that was freed of the 50's campiness) than the '89 Batman. Forever and Batman and Robin are INSULTS to fans of the darker Batman. I mean, seriously- you and I obviously read different comics.

Now then. Nic's Joker is closer to comic book Joker than Ledger's Joker? Come ON. The Joker is not a campy killer; the Joker is a villainous mass-murderer obsessed with Batman and instilling chaos. Nicholson's Joker was a campy, not-very-threatening murderer; Ledger's was a psychopathic, scary clown who has no motive but to kill and instill chaos in the world. He also thinks that life is a joke; he is evidently smarter and more cunning than '89 Joker, intimidates everyone. Oh, and he's less human, more murderous, and- perhaps most importantly- IS NOT AFRAID OF DEATH, or physical pain. Now then, I wonder if we read the same Joker, because Heath's is far, far closer to the Joker in the graphic novels called 'the greatest Joker stories ever told'. Really- are you a fan of the campy Joker or the scary Joker? Heath's Joker is certainly the latter, the Joker that was portrayed in most modern stories.

So, y'see, The Dark Knight and Batman Begins are gritty, dark, and deep; that's the real Batman comics.

No offense, by the way. I don't have any problem with your opinion.

SelinaAndBruce
Master Crimzon the Joker didn't seem to want to die during the Hush series, and he seemed kind of campy to me then.

Almighty Bauer
To be honest, the comic Joker is not the Joker portrayed by Nicholson in the 1989 Batman film, but nor is he the Joker that Heath Ledger portrayed in The Dark Knight. The character is often displayed as being closer to Ledger's, at least in some respects, but parts of Nicholson's character (certainly not all) are also prevalent in comic portrayals of the Joker, be that in the '30s, '70s, '90s or whenever.
I mean, Joker does not wear makeup, so you can't call Ledger's an exact mirror image of the comic character, but would that work on screen anyway?
I know I'm sitting on the fence a lot, so I'll say this:
As a film villain alone Ledger's Joker >>>> Nicholson's "Jack Napier".

Master Crimzon
Selina; well, the Joker is significantly different from issue to issue. I would agree that he is occasionally campy- to an annoying extent- but, if you want a 'continuity' story that has the Joker in brilliant form is No Man's Land. The Joker drove a cop nuts there, killed Gordon's wife, and proceeded to taunt Gordon into killing him. Yeah, killing him. Also, the Scarecrow once gassed the Joker, and the Joker's reaction was... absolutely nothing! The Joker is not afraid of anything.

Well, I suppose Arkham Asylum's explanation of the Joker constantly changing makes sense, I guess. He can be scared of death one day, and not scared of death the other.

Bauer, I agree that Ledger's isn't 100% comic book Joker, but maybe that's a good thing. I think that he occasionally manages to transcend above the typical 'comic book Joker'.

Oh, and check out The Clown at Midnight. Very, very similar to Heath's Joker. Very, very good and eerie.

RevoWution™©®
i dont know i think 2face is alive.. i watched the dvd 4 times and think hes still alive

May I ask how you got a hold of The Dark Knight DVD? stick out tongue

Master Crimzon
Read IGN. They say that according to the novel, Two-Face is... *sigh*... really dead.

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Read IGN. They say that according to the novel, Two-Face is... *sigh*... really dead.
Oh yeah! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance I win!

SelinaAndBruce
I say womp to that. That's a waste of a villain and Batman killed him.

Almighty Bauer
I say womp to that. That's a waste of a villain and Batman killed him.
Technically, the ground killed him...

Master Crimzon
Well, it gives us new opportunies to exploit in the inevitable Batman 3.

By the way, I think that Reaper would be the best choice as the villain.

Kovacs86
Well, it gives us new opportunies to exploit in the inevitable Batman 3.

By the way, I think that Reaper would be the best choice as the villain.
Of course he'd be great. I doubt he'd be in it, but he would be incredibly cool. I also like your idea in t'other thread that there could be a mystery with a different alter ego for the Reaper. It would be great if Reaper was mentioned as being even more of an urban legend, a vigilante from Gotham before Batman who killed criminals brutally. Batman could maybe discover the original was indeed Judson Caspian and that someone had picked up where he left off. That could spin into a pretty cool mystery, maybe starting (until Reaper kills innocents too) a bit like the Long Halloween, with him killing off figures in the Underworld.
Sadly, I doubt WB would be game to use such an obscure character, but I'm sure Nolan has many brilliant ideas of his own. wink

Master Crimzon
Good point. I really like your idea, but yeah. A guy who stalks people and kills them with scythes is more horror movie than Batman movie, though Nolan did show us he could occasionally cross the oddly thin line in TDK.

Really, does it take much imagination to picture the Joker as a killer in a horror movie? Still, I think the Reaper IS a bit far-fetched from them to use. Sad.

Dark-Jaxx
I say womp to that. That's a waste of a villain and Batman killed him. Which is kinda funny, Joker ended up forcing Batman to break his one rule afterall.

NonSensi-Klown
He tackled him out of a window... ? I wouldn't say he really murdered someone, in that scenario.

NonSensi-Klown
And for the record, Batman's voice was terrible.

w2yv8aT0UFc

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
He tackled him out of a window... ? I wouldn't say he really murdered someone, in that scenario.
He pushed him over the edge. I mean you really can't get around that

steverules
Wasn't there any other way batman could have saved Gordons kid? And plus he didn't really seem to care that he had just killed a man

Neo Darkhalen
When does Batman care?

he let Ra's die in Batman Begins, he could have saved him but he chose not to, in TDK he realised that he had no other choice, to save the boy he had to take drastic measures to stop Two-Face.

steverules
But Batman is going against exactly what he stands for, he should care when he kills someone because that makes no sense to kill other villains when he's going to let others live. I mean maybe there was no other way to stop Dent but batman didn't really care about killing him and thats not how batman should really be...if he killed someone in the comics I am pretty sure he'd care.

Kovacs86
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
When does Batman care?

he let Ra's die in Batman Begins, he could have saved him but he chose not to, in TDK he realised that he had no other choice, to save the boy he had to take drastic measures to stop Two-Face.

I think it would be more accurate to say: When does Batman SHOW he cares. Of course he cared. It's what makes him Batman.

Neo Darkhalen
This is true. mmm

Master Crimzon
I liked Batman's bat-voice. I really don't get what was so bad about it.

SpyCspider
his voice was ok when he was talking normally...it was gritty and low like we're all used to.

It's when he's doing his WWF voice at criminals that's when it becomes silly and awkward.

SpyCspider
I agree with some WTF moments in the movie.

1. School bus scene in the very beginning just happens to drive out of a demolished bank and follow a string of buses but nobody notices? Did I miss something? Were all those buses driven by Joker's men?

2. When nurse Joker just plops into the back of the other schoolbus after the hospital blows up....errr...nobody notices some wacko in a nurse outfit with makeup just hopped in? Or was that driven by Joker's men too?

3. The cop who was about to beat up the Joker after he tells him how his friends died. Kinda letdown--we didn't even get to see the struggle.

4. Bruce and Alfred showing almost no sadness for the death of Rachel, one of their oldest friends

meh, i still watched it 3 times on IMAX, but thought I'd just throw these out there.

BTw, ending of 1989 Batman >>>> ending of Dark Knight.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by steverules
But Batman is going against exactly what he stands for, he should care when he kills someone because that makes no sense to kill other villains when he's going to let others live. I mean maybe there was no other way to stop Dent but batman didn't really care about killing him and thats not how batman should really be...if he killed someone in the comics I am pretty sure he'd care.
Yeah I have a hard time believing that he was that cool with killing Dent that he could have a conversation with Gordon about how they were gonna spin the whole thing in such a calm way.

SelinaAndBruce

1. School bus scene in the very beginning just happens to drive out of a demolished bank and follow a string of buses but nobody notices? Did I miss something? Were all those buses driven by Joker's men?

2. When nurse Joker just plops into the back of the other schoolbus after the hospital blows up....errr...nobody notices some wacko in a nurse outfit with makeup just hopped in? Or was that driven by Joker's men too?

3. The cop who was about to beat up the Joker after he tells him how his friends died. Kinda letdown--we didn't even get to see the struggle.

4. Bruce and Alfred showing almost no sadness for the death of Rachel, one of their oldest friends

meh, i still watched it 3 times on IMAX, but thought I'd just throw these out there.

I personally thought Gordon's monologue with Batman running and the shot of Gordon shattering the Bat signal was very powerful

SpyCspider
Yea it moved me no doubt..if I could hear what he was saying it woulda been better. IMAX dulled out every single word Gordon said.

But it's amusing to see the contrast. 1989 Batman he was the lone hero standing on top overlooking his city as a protector. Danny Elfman's finale soundtrack with trumpets fit exactly that.

TDK's ending made it seem like we should pity Batman for taking the brunt of the chaos and damage Joker caused. He was a hero for taking such sacrifices to his own name, reputation, and life.

I guess when i said >>> I meant I felt happier with 1989's ending, but I left feeling kinda sad at the end of TDK.

NonSensi-Klown
Yeah I have a hard time believing that he was that cool with killing Dent that he could have a conversation with Gordon about how they were gonna spin the whole thing in such a calm way.

Well... what's e going to do? Break down and start sobbing on his corpse? Batman's a realist.

Becci

Well, the police were coming. He did not have any time to pity himself.

Kovacs86

Did you not pick up that Bruce was obviously upset after Rachel's death? He just picked himself up pretty quickly and had to go and, y'know, save the World and stuff. He knew that he would have time to really mourn Rachel (and Harvey too) after he had done what he had to...

FistOfThe North
-I didn't like two-face's quick entrance/exit

-Batman's headmask.

-Batman's nasal growl when he spoke low, especially when it was breathy.

-Alfred's constant sarcam.

-Rachel's ugly face

-That the Scarecrow wasn't left in.

-Bruce's constant and condecesnding, nonchalant flamboyance

-Bruce inward facing, upper teeth (lol j/k)

-The word "batarang"

-That they didn't show the Joker cutting into that guys cheek.

-When the Joker burned all that money over a "sending message". (wtf? fcuk the message, gimme the loot!"wink

um..yea. that's about it.

Becci
I love how he burnt the cash!

Kovacs86
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
-I didn't like two-face's quick entrance/exit

-Batman's headmask.

-Batman's nasal growl when he spoke low, especially when it was breathy.

-Alfred's constant sarcam.

-Rachel's ugly face

-That the Scarecrow wasn't left in.

-Bruce's constant and condecesnding, nonchalant flamboyance

-Bruce inward facing, upper teeth (lol j/k)

-The word "batarang"

-That they didn't show the Joker cutting into that guys cheek.

-When the Joker burned all that money over a "sending message". (wtf? fcuk the message, gimme the loot!"wink

um..yea. that's about it.

- Two Face was done brilliantly. I disagree with the argument over the quick exit...

- What was wrong with the mask?

- The voice was occasionally a little... silly. Not a big deal though, IMO.

- Michael Caine FTW. And it's irony.

- Rachel wasn't ugly at all. Honestly. Teenagers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

- I liked Scarecrow's brief appearance. He was already in Begins. What did you expect them do? Give him half a film and shaft the Joker?

- Condescending flamboyance? blink

- Ha. Funny joke.

- Either a pathetic attempt at humour, or even more pathetic whining. Did the word Batarang actually appear in the film?

- Oh no, poor child, did you not see enough blood? Gosh, I pity you. However, I will also point out that this is a BATMAN film and WB were hardly going to release it as an 18...

- Did you watch the film? Did you grasp the concept of the Joker's character, at all? Why would he give a flying **** about money? He didn't care about his own or others' lives, and he certainly didn't care about cash.

FistOfThe North

Lord Knightfa11
While the heroine was not hot, she certainly wasn't ugly. Things I didn't included sections where- scratch that, I can't really think of anything I didn't like. Maybe there are things I would have liked to have seen more of, like... twoface actually establishing himself as a real villain before the end of the movie.

Kovacs86

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Kovacs86
I "attack" everyone. I'm a very hostile "debater"...

Why?

Kovacs86
Why?

Um... I find people annoying. And when I say "people", I just mean people in general. But I'm never half as angry as people seem to think. I'm not actually screaming at the computer screen as I write. I just post pretty viciously, generally quite unfairly. I'm not the most thoughtful of people, surprisingly...
But you did annoy me.

SpyCspider
Originally posted by Kovacs86
Um... I find people annoying. And when I say "people", I just mean people in general. But I'm never half as angry as people seem to think. I'm not actually screaming at the computer screen as I write. I just post pretty viciously, generally quite unfairly. I'm not the most thoughtful of people, surprisingly...
But you did annoy me.

y so srs kovac? cool

Bardock42
The voice was the voice. In the comics and 'toons Bruce sounds the same way Batman does.

Wrong

And irony's fine with Alfred, the constancy of it was what was annoying.

It wasn't constant and Alfred was hardly in the movie.

The word Batarang did not come up in the movie but i saw some and made me think of the word and how much i hate it. Relax buddie. Bale'll be ok.

So, you didn't like about the movie that it made you think about the word Batarang? Kay.

Blood? Was there even blood in it? Scratches maybe, maybe not, who cares, the movie was good. Just wanted to phisically see the dude get slashed. I'm just answering the thread question.

Not seeing extreme violence is a reason to dislike a movie that quite clearly wasn't intended as a slasher fest? Kay.

And why would he give a flying fcuk about money cause he always has?, shockingly, until now?

He didn't actually. Doesn't in the Comics either.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Bardock42
Wrong

It wasn't constant and Alfred was hardly in the movie.

So, you didn't like about the movie that it made you think about the word Batarang? Kay.

Not seeing extreme violence is a reason to dislike a movie that quite clearly wasn't intended as a slasher fest? Kay.

He didn't actually. Doesn't in the Comics either.

Um, i'm right. In the B:TAS, a.k.a. the greatest superhero 'toon ever, to me at least, Bruce and Batman clearly sound exactly the same. Save for whenever Batman gets angry and naturally deepens his voice.

And Alfred was hardly in the movie?, didn't notice, didn't care, but when he was on he just kept on and on with his half-wit brit humor/sarcasm that i didn't find amusing but annoyng.

And your second comment needs to be rewritten and you need to reread my comment about the batarangs. I think i know what you meant though. I never said i disliked the movie cause of the word. I said i just disliked the word, simply. I saw the weapons on screen and the word came up in my head and i remembered never liking the word, shoot me.

Again, I did not dislike the movie because of certain things i disliked in the movie. The movie overall outweighed all its negatives for me and i consider it one of my top 5 best comicbook movies that i've ever seen. I just wanted the director to cast the Joker in the darkest shadow possible by showing how gruesome he can be. Like with the hospital. He blew it up with, i think, no one in it. The place should've had (alot of) people and patients in it. I'm serious. That would've really made the Joker a fcukin' badass psychopathic mofo; the way he was meant to be. Doing it that way would've made him much more villainous and infamous and much more hated and wanted by Batman and Gotham. Honestly, I wanted the Joker to be more intense and extreme in his actions in "TDK". His words and intelligence were good in the movie, I just wanted more. My opinion..

And the Joker doesn't care about money? lol. Ok.

Yea he's an idealist, but he'd always be ready to kill and steal loads of cold hard cash if he had to and/or wanted to..

I'm not saying he's materialistic but he has to fund his elaborate and theatrical schemes, plots, heists, and endeavors somehow.

Bardock42
Um, i'm right. In the B:TAS, a.k.a. the greatest superhero 'toon ever, to me at least, Bruce and Batman clearly sound exactly the same. Save for whenever Batman gets angry and naturally deepens his voice.

You said "In the comics" and there you are wrong. It is stated multiple times that he changes his voice when Batman.

And Alfred was hardly in the movie?, didn't notice, didn't care, but when he was on he just kept on and on with his half-wit brit humor/sarcasm that i didn't find amusing but annoyng.

Fair enough.

And your second comment needs to be rewritten and you need to reread my comment about the batarangs. I think i know what you meant though. I never said i disliked the movie cause of the word. I said i just disliked the word, simply. I saw the weapons on screen and the word came up in my head and i remembered never liking the word, shoot me.

Nah, that was my point. You stated the word Batarang in a list of what you dislike about the movie. A bit ridiculous.

Again, I did not dislike the movie because of certain things i disliked in the movie. The movie overall outweighed all its negatives for me and i consider it one of my top 5 best comicbook movies that i've ever seen. I just wanted the director to cast the Joker in the darkest shadow possible by showing how gruesome he can be. Like with the hospital. He blew it up with, i think, no one in it. The place should've had (alot of) people and patients in it. I'm serious. That would've really made the Joker a fcukin' badass psychopathic mofo; the way he was meant to be. Doing it that way would've made him much more villainous and infamous and much more hated and wanted by Batman and Gotham. Honestly, I wanted the Joker to be more intense and extreme in his actions in "TDK". His words and intelligence were good in the movie, I just wanted more. My opinion..

I agree actually. Joker should have gotten some moment where he just seriously killed lots of innocents without remorse. I just don't think that seeing someone's cheek cut open is necessary. Like you said, you wanted the Joker to be more badass, showing that he cut the cheek open doesn't do that, as he did it, you just didn't see.

And the Joker doesn't care about money? lol. Ok.

Yea he's an idealist, but he'd always be ready to kill and steal loads of cold hard cash if he had to and/or wanted to..

He doesn't care about the money, yes. In that way he is an "idealist" as you say. He uses it to pay for his psychopathic games, true, but money as such, doesn't matter to him. So the burning of money made a lot of sense, really. It's obvious Joker humour (kinda like the burning firetruck...brilliant).

I'm not saying he's materialistic but he has to fund his elaborate and theatrical schemes, plots, heists, and endeavors somehow.

Exactly, an he had enough money for his scheme already, so he instead decided to burn an accountant on a pile of money.

Cause it's funny.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>