Two Face!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
Yes, Heath Ledger did an unbelievably amazing job portraying the clown prince of crime, but this thread is to discuss opinions on Aaron Eckhart's portrayal of the tragic white knight of Gotham City.

Two Face was always my favorite Batman Villain, and I really dug him in this movie. His face looked so amazing in this movie, and I loved the scene with him and Maroni's driver.

I just wish he was in the movie more.

Your thoughts?

Bat Dude
Did he get the Venom treatment?

super pr*xy
he actually had more scenes than i expected. i thought he was only a set up for the next movie villain.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by super pr*xy
he actually had more scenes than i expected. i thought he was only a set up for the next movie villain.
That's what I was expecting too.

Wolverine2006
Harvey Dent was a main character in the movie, but Two Face didnt come til towards the end, but no he definitely didnt get the Venom treatment. I would only be dissatisfied by his amount of screen time if he didnt return for the third.

Micheal_Myers
His screen time was low, but well used.

Outbound
I think Two Face used his screen time well to serve his purpose and thats all, I just found him a tad boring that once he was scarred all he did was take a couple people hostage and flip a couple of coins. A character like him should have had a bigger defining moment, like taking out an important character or blowing something big up before dying, I think he was wasted in the sense that Harvey had about 2 hours of build up, then Two Face had very little to do at the end of the movie before being killed off.

Joker1237
I dont think Two Face should have been killed imo. Better to leave it on a cliff hanger in regards to Twoface than out right killing him as they did in the movie. Also dont like Batman and Gordon covering up Twoface's crimes.

SelinaAndBruce
Am I the only one who doesn't think Two Face is dead?!

I agree I love Two Face after the Joker he is my favorite villain so you can imagine the geekgasm I was having with them in the same movie together. I don't think Two Face got the venom treatment by far and I think the stuff he did do was on a lesser scale because really he was reacting to his trauma and a pawn in the Joker's grand scheme so he couldn't do anything too big but I did greatly enjoy what he got. If he's not back in the third installment though I will definitely gripe.

Endrict Nuul
Yeah, he shouldn't be dead.

Kazenji
I reakon he's pulled a mucheal myers imo.

Plutonic_Hat90
errr... yeah he really did get the venom treatment actually. If he isn't in the 3rd movie, then I'll be pretty pissed off

Joker1237
How can he be alive?? We saw the burial of Dent/Twoface. As we all know, before they bury the body(Or should know) They cut out the brain, heart, guts ete. They just bury a empty shell of a body. Assuming Twoface didnt die, He would have died on the table.

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by Joker1237
How can he be alive?? We saw the burial of Dent/Twoface. As we all know, before they bury the body(Or should know) They cut out the brain, heart, guts ete. They just bury a empty shell of a body. Assuming Twoface didnt die, He would have died on the table.

What Burial? we saw a memorial speech from Gordon, we didnt see any funeral or burial.

Joker1237
Well that was pretty confuses as it was flopping back and forth between time(Ie, Gordon speech, and than back to the final fight with Twoface)

I just assume it was at the funeral. Also think Gordon and Bats would have check for a pluse, they would know what a dead body look like imo. They ant dumb. And even if it was a speech, that was plenty of time to relly find out if Dent was dead or not. I dont see any way around it.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Joker1237
Well that was pretty confuses as it was flopping back and forth between time(Ie, Gordon speech, and than back to the final fight with Twoface)

I just assume it was at the funeral. Also think Gordon and Bats would have check for a pluse, they would know what a dead body look like imo. They ant dumb. And even if it was a speech, that was plenty of time to relly find out if Dent was dead or not. I dont see any way around it.

*facepalm*

Just because they had a memorial for Harvey Dent doesn't mean anything. They had a memorial for a man who was no longer alive since Harvey Dent is no more, Two-Face is in his place. He could have been badly injured in the fall, Gordon checks his pulse, finds he is still alive, has him sent to Arkham.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Quincy
Yes, Heath Ledger did an unbelievably amazing job portraying the clown prince of crime, but this thread is to discuss opinions on Aaron Eckhart's portrayal of the tragic white knight of Gotham City.

Two Face was always my favorite Batman Villain, and I really dug him in this movie. His face looked so amazing in this movie, and I loved the scene with him and Maroni's driver.

Your thoughts?

Two Face was played very well. I do not think he is dead. He should be in the next one

SelinaAndBruce
Yea i really don't think he's dead. I think Gordon is telling people he's dead so they will never know what Harvey became, but Two Face still exists.

Emil Blonsky
Agreed. Think about it logically: How could Batman not die but Two-Face does & they fell from the same height?

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Phucked Up
*facepalm*

Just because they had a memorial for Harvey Dent doesn't mean anything. They had a memorial for a man who was no longer alive since Harvey Dent is no more, Two-Face is in his place. He could have been badly injured in the fall, Gordon checks his pulse, finds he is still alive, has him sent to Arkham.

I highly doubt that... If he WERE alive, they would have shown him moving, not just show a guy lying motionless after taking a huge fall...

He's dead (at least I think so)

Emil Blonsky
Actually, many people who have seen the movie at least twice say they saw him breathing. That either means Eckhart couldn't hold his breath any longer or it was a nod to him being alive but barely conscious.

SelinaAndBruce
But if he died, Bat Dude then Batman killed him.

Emil Blonsky
True, but don't ya think he'd be best to be the main villain in the third movie?

God I wish I could go back in time & save Heath from taking all those medicated pills & stuff.

Quincy
Yeah i think they'll reuse TwoFace. Think about it, Heath was obviously going to be re-used, but now they can't, and I'm pretty sure that they would rather bring back two-face then to bring in an entire new villain. I think eckhart was too good to not be in it again.

SelinaAndBruce
Eckhart was awesome. I really loved him.

Emil Blonsky
My sentiments exactly. Eckhart was so damn good along with everyone that it just wouldn't be right not to use him again.

dubefan
i dont think two face is dead i think harvey dent is dead if you folow the clues at the end it kinda makes sence when hes flipping the coin it always comes up the good head that would be the good side of two face and thats who goes over the edge, then we see the coin fall on the wood good head up, i predict the beginning of the next one will open with the ending of this one only dent either is gone after the paramedics arrive or he is aarkham and he breaks out with some goons or something. If they did kill him off then thats the worst portrayal of a villian since venom in spiderman i mean to tease the audience with a good interpretation of two fae just to have him killed off before he acctually gets to anything worth while, your thoughts.

Bat Dude
I still think he's dead...

And SelinaAndBruce, Batman killed Ras, too, remember? stick out tongue

But even if Two-Face is still alive and they're gonna use him for the 3rd (and final) movie, what exactly could he do? I mean he killed Maroni, he killed pretty much everyone else responsible for what happened to him and Rachel, excluding Joker What else could he possibly do? He BETTER not become a crime boss (that would contradict his whole story in TDK)...

SelinaAndBruce
Well Batdude remember the Joker did poison his mind against schemes and the establishment etc so he could very well spend his time trying to take out the crooked cops in the Gotham City police or upset that establishment since he believed it was their lack of cooperation with him and refusal to get rid of their dirty cops that caused the whole situation to occur anyway.

SpyCspider
not dead. Or left for speculation but i'm pretty confident it was implied he's not dead (coin faced good side up).

Bat Dude
btw, was it just me, or did Two-Face have a two tone suit in part of the film?

SelinaAndBruce
Yeah he did. I didn't notice till I saw it last night. He got a burned suit.

The j0keR
Yeah, he wears the same suit he was burned in. You dont really notice until the final scene.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by The j0keR
Yeah, he wears the same suit he was burned in. You dont really notice until the final scene.

Yeah, I knew about his black burnt suit, but when he was talking to Ramirez, wasn't he wearing a different suit? I could have sworn it was different and was white on his "good" half and burnt on his scarred half...

Maybe I was going crazy or something...

Emil Blonsky
No, he wore that same suit.

Badwolf
I really didnt like seeing Harvey Dent all squeaky clean. So when Two face came into play I was in awe.. But for me it ended to damn soon.

Originally posted by Phucked Up
*facepalm*

Yup that sums it right up!

The j0keR
Originally posted by Badwolf
I really didnt like seeing Harvey Dent all squeaky clean. So when Two face came into play I was in awe.. But for me it ended to damn soon.

I do like that they hinted that he wasnt as pure as he looked, mainly when he drove that guy away. Even though he was never going to shoot the guy.

Emil Blonsky
Originally posted by Badwolf

Yup that sums it right up!

Neither Batman nor Gordon directly said he was dead either, so I'm really open for him returning for the third movie.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Emil Blonsky
Neither Batman nor Gordon directly said he was dead either, so I'm really open for him returning for the third movie.

I look forward to seeing Two Face in the next one as well.

SpaceMonkey
I'm banking on him being back in part 3.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by dubefan
then thats the worst portrayal of a villian since venom in spiderman i mean to tease the audience with a good interpretation of two fae just to have him killed off before he acctually gets to anything worth while, your thoughts.
Uh...I think you're absolutely wrong. People saying he got the Venom treatment...I just don't understand that. Venom got a horrible treatment, he's played by a decent actor who's squeezed into the storyline and has little to nothing to work with, he's finally introduced at the last 30 minutes of the movie, probably less actually. Has one scene, then the final fight, in which we don't get as much as a name or even get to see his face that much because the actor has to have more screen time. Then he gets killed off like nothing and serves little to no purpose to the plotline, except for killing Harry.
Two face however comes in with an incredibly strong actor, who has been a main character throughout the entirety of the movie, we've gotten to really see who he is, towards the end he turns to Two face, where unlike Venom he quickly establishes his name to the audience and continues giving a strong performance through the rest of his time in the movie, not to mention his part in the movie heavily impacts Gotham.

Two Face had purpose in the movie, he wasn't squeezed in by a director who doesn't give a damn, just doing it so people will get off his case.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Bat Dude
I still think he's dead...

And SelinaAndBruce, Batman killed Ras, too, remember? stick out tongue

But even if Two-Face is still alive and they're gonna use him for the 3rd (and final) movie, what exactly could he do? I mean he killed Maroni, he killed pretty much everyone else responsible for what happened to him and Rachel, excluding Joker What else could he possibly do? He BETTER not become a crime boss (that would contradict his whole story in TDK)... well, he didnt really "kill" him

SelinaAndBruce
I hope he is back. As i said Two face is my second favorite villain I'd hate to think I lost my top two fave Bat villains in one movie (obviously the Joker is gone for reasons outside of the storyline but still). And I really think 2face lives

Quincy
I sort of have a theory.

I think before Heath Ledger passed away, the movie was shot with scenes proving that Harvey had died from the fall. Heath would come back in possibly the end of the next one, into the 4th movie. There would have been a more tragic funeral scene for Harvey if he had in fact died.

But now that Heath Ledger is unfortunately unable to reprise his role, they will bring back the second greatest part of The Dark Knight - Eckhart. The "death" of Harvey is left ambiguous, splicing his "funeral service" into shots of his motionless body.

I'm not sure If I got my theory across right, but I think that's how it goes.

Da Joker
I totally agree. Again, bringing Two-Face back would be best. I wouldn't like to see the Riddler or a Joker recast as most are saying, so a Two-Face return would simply be awesome.

Anyone got any pics?

Quincy
Shit guys.
I went to Barnes and Noble earlier today and as I walked in, saw the novelization of TDK. I figured it'd help straighten things out with Dent's death.

Unfortunately, the passage went something like this.

"Gordon aimed his flashlight down to the ground below. It shined on Harvey, his disfigured face showing, his body motionless. He was obviously dead."

Shucks.

SelinaAndBruce
If he is dead then that does change my perception of the movie some, because Two Face was never allowed to be a villain then. He was merely a plot point in the Joker's scheme and that really REALLY sucks.

Da Joker
He was the backbone of the movie & without him the movie wouldn't have worked. The whole point of the movie was the Joker showing that Gotham's White Knight was the same as everyone else which was corruptable. Dent was the hero Gotham didn't deserve, and Batman was the hero Gotham did deserve.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Da Joker
He was the backbone of the movie & without him the movie wouldn't have worked. The whole point of the movie was the Joker showing that Gotham's White Knight was the same as everyone else which was corruptable. Dent was the hero Gotham didn't deserve, and Batman was the hero Gotham did deserve.
I get that he was the backbone of the movie but it still sucks just like if Two Face had been the main villain in the movie and he somehow created the Joker and the Joker didn't get to truly live up to his ultimate badness then that would suck too even if the story around it was good.

It would be stupid to waste Two Face like this. Him living but them pretending he's dead to protect people and no one having any idea that he became this monster is a way better ending than him getting knocked off a building by Batman and dying.

Bat Dude
I KNEW Two-Face was dead...

I'd say I told you so, but now, even I don't want to...

Eckhart was awesome, though... I loved when he'd start screaming like Michael Corleone... "DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE, JIM!?!" or something to that extent... Pure pwnage...

SelinaAndBruce
I'm really hoping he is not dead because as I said that will somewhat alter my perception of the movie. It's still good, but then they did waste a one of Batman's greatest villains before he truly got to become who he was meant to be...then again that's what they did to the Scarecrow too so I guess I can't be too shocked.

BruceSkywalker
Shit guys.
I went to Barnes and Noble earlier today and as I walked in, saw the novelization of TDK. I figured it'd help straighten things out with Dent's death.

"Gordon aimed his flashlight down to the ground below. It shined on Harvey, his disfigured face showing, his body motionless. He was obviously dead."

Shucks.

I don't trust movie novelizations

xNIXSONx
Shit guys.

Shucks.

we can play on the idea of duality and themes found in TDK.

look deeper, beyond the words. Look beyond what you see with your own two eyes and think

Two Face plays on the idea of dual personalities, we have Harvey Dent, gothams white knight, a symbol of hope for gotham that the dawn with come and the dark knight will finally be over. And you have other side of the coin, Two Face: maniupulated, misguided, ruthless, and vengeful. Harvey Dent might have died that night, but Two Face is merely half dead.

There are themes that need to be examined and carefully looked at

Da Joker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I don't trust movie novelizations

Neither do I, they change a lot form what was in the actual movie. I still believe Two-Face is alive.

Bat Dude
Even when there is written proof, fans continue to deny it...

xNIXSONx
Even when there is written proof, fans continue to deny it...

this is the internet, how do we know if the quote was actually in a book and quoted properly, no source material was even cited properly either wink

or i can just give up, harvey dent two face is dead. He got the venom treatment. darn. totally kills the movie, give up all hope! all is lost!!

Quincy
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
this is the internet, how do we know if the quote was actually in a book and quoted properly, no source material was even cited properly either wink

Calling me a liar? miffed

sithsaber408
NO, not a liar.

Just that the novelization can't be trusted. IGN.com had some article on the future of Batman, debating villians and what-not and the producer of TDK said that they kinda left it ambigous with 2 face, that it could go either way.

I agree with what Quincy said: originally it was planned for Two Face to die and Joker to come back, but with the death of Ledger, we see where they made a change and left it open to maybe have Two Face back.

Plus, novelizations are written 6 months earlier, from a copy of the script before the movie is finished. Probably before Ledger died even and certainly with more than enough time for Nolan and Co. to change their minds and leave Two Face's fate open.

xNIXSONx
Calling me a liar? miffed

do you want me to call you one?

there are atheists and there are believers.

pessimists and optimists.

i would like to take this opportunity to bring back the familiar campaign and that I Believe In Harvey Dent I believe Two Face is alive

Hell Doc Ock drowned in the river, we saw a clear depiction of his demise and Sam Raimi clearly stated in an interview that, he does not rule Doc Ock out of the equation.

Bat Dude
But didn't they say that nothing was left out of the film... There was nothing added, and nothing taken out just because of Ledger's unfortunate death...

BruceSkywalker
Neither do I, they change a lot form what was in the actual movie. I still believe Two-Face is alive.

As do I

Mairuzu
I believe in Harvey Dent

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I believe in Harvey Dent

A lot of us do

SelinaAndBruce
I want to believe Two Face is alive, because it is better that way.

Mairuzu
I believe in Two Face alive.

Bat Dude
Not to break up the "I think Two-Face is alive" chain, but I don't...

Mairuzu
You know you meant to break it.

Da Joker
He doesn't care, that's why he broke it up!

And I still think he's alive.

Quincy
Two Face is definitely alive.

Da Joker
Fo sho! Nolan could easily say he's being kept alive in Arkham somewhere.

xNIXSONx
I Believe in Two Face!!!

Bat Dude
Fo sho! Nolan could easily say he's being kept alive in Arkham somewhere.

Now THAT'S a different story... If he's in critical condition again, then I'm all for Two-Face surviving... But if he's in good condition after falling like that, that's when I'm like "He's dead, guys..."

SelinaAndBruce
The fall didn't even seem that bad to me. *shrugs*

Da Joker
I'm pretty sure just about anyone could survive that fall. It's not like he hit any hard ground.

Bat Dude
I'm pretty sure just about anyone could survive that fall. It's not like he hit any hard ground.

The back of his head hit the ground... And from that height (it might not be too high up, but he still fell a good way down) you'd need to be rushed to the hospital...

If he is alive, he's been in the Arkham medical wing for a little while, recuperating his injuries...

Da Joker
I could buy that, I don't expect him to say "Oh, I fell about 10 ft or so & I'm absolutely fine."

xNIXSONx
not like we had a shot of him pale white in his casket and then watch him being buried.

Da Joker
Exactly....for all we know Gordon didn't even bury the body, and didn't let anyone know he was transferred to Arkham.

xNIXSONx
Exactly....for all we know Gordon didn't even bury the body, and didn't let anyone know he was transferred to Arkham.

another exactly! remember when Gordon apparently was shot and killed people were notified and i thought it was genuine but we didnt see his body or a morgue scene and as it turns out, he was very much alive

Da Joker
Yeah, I actually believed he was gone, but just as his was a fake that no one knew about, so could Harvey's death be fake.

Bat Dude
Yeah, I actually believed he was gone, but just as his was a fake that no one knew about, so could Harvey's death be fake.

Yeah, true, but the only thing that makes me go "he's got to be dead" is that Batman took the blame for his crimes...

When Two-Face inevitably escapes Arkham and goes back on his "crusade", what are people gonna think when they see Two-Face with half of Harvey's face?

xNIXSONx
Yeah, true, but the only thing that makes me go "he's got to be dead" is that Batman took the blame for his crimes...

When Two-Face inevitably escapes Arkham and goes back on his "crusade", what are people gonna think when they see Two-Face with half of Harvey's face?

its going to be shocking! and disturbing! He's back from the dead! and he will say no. HALF lol

it will not be pleasant for Gotham, thats why they tried to cover it up in the first place. Not everyone is going to believe Batman killed people either. He is a symbol of hope for Gotham just as much as Harvey Dent was.

Da Joker
It's going to be a hell of a ride if Two-Face is in the third movie. He's going to take more criminal lives, and soon the truth will come out. Afterall, he himself said he didn't want to escape from it.

BruceSkywalker
It's going to be a hell of a ride if Two-Face is in the third movie. He's going to take more criminal lives, and soon the truth will come out. Afterall, he himself said he didn't want to escape from it.

xNIXSONx

indeed it will be a hell of a ride, only Two Face can come close to Joker at this point. Joker shook up Gotham pretty well but like, once Gotham finds out their beloved white knight is a disfigured killing vigilante back from the dead itll hit em almost as hard.

Da Joker
It most certainly would. I think that Two-Face is right after the Joker as far as being a great villain goes. When the Joker isn't around, Two-Face is in charge. At least that's how I see it.

Icy Ninja
I hope Two-Face is alive and back in the third because if he's not how will Batman redeem himself in the eyes of the people of gotham

Da Joker
That's what I've been thinking ever since this topic first started. How else will the people believe he's innocent? They certainly wouldn't believe anyone saying Harvey did it after Batman has already taken the blame.

xNIXSONx
That's what I've been thinking ever since this topic first started. How else will the people believe he's innocent? They certainly wouldn't believe anyone saying Harvey did it after Batman has already taken the blame.

the truth will come out, and the universe will unfold as it should. Not everyone is going to believe that Batman killed those dirty cops and stuff.

Da Joker
Does anyone have any complaints about the look of Two-Face?

xNIXSONx

i dont have any problems, he clearly looks similar to his comic book counterpart to appeal to fans, the eye, the mouth n sht like that

reallistic too i believe.

Icy Ninja
I loved the look, I was surprised that it looked so gruesome with the bone and muscle showing

Bat Dude

Nope...

He had a very Long Halloween style look (he even had a burnt suit that looked two-tone)

BruceSkywalker

Not in the least. That was a very realistic look to Two-Face. I liked the look a lot

Da Joker
I liked that it was realistic & it was very scary. Hell, it still kinda is. At first I did think we were going to get something similar to this:

http://data-allocine.blogomaniac.fr/mdata/4/7/8/Z20050313212430647991874/img/two_face_piece.jpg

SpyCspider
best depiction ever, no complaints here..only praise. It made me sick to my stomach how crazy it looked.

Da Joker
I turned my head a bit because I had seen a pic but I had forgotten what I saw because I closed it out quickly. The look was so amazing, and Eckhart delivered every line with perfection.

xNIXSONx
i was expecting something very real like reminicent of a burnt victim and thats what happened.

Da Joker
I never expected to get what we got, and I'm glad we got that. It was very surreal, scary, and borderline creepy.

peejay88

This is going to be unpopular but i have some gripes, my first is that his eye would be dried up and wouldn't function properly as he couldn't blink but i guess it's accurate to the characters look in a lot of the comics so it's all good. I also think the speed with which he was drinkin whisky and shouting and that kinda stuff was kinda too soon after the accident. I suppose he was meant to be crazy and may not have cared for pain or something but otherwise i liked the look, beats the hell out of Tommy Lee Jones' anyway!

Da Joker
I can see how he wouldn't look like that in real life...but him missing an eye would really be terrible for the look and my dreams. big grin

BruceSkywalker

Two Face's look is very realistic. thumb up thumb up

Myth
Originally posted by peejay88
This is going to be unpopular but i have some gripes, my first is that his eye would be dried up and wouldn't function properly as he couldn't blink but i guess it's accurate to the characters look in a lot of the comics so it's all good. I also think the speed with which he was drinkin whisky and shouting and that kinda stuff was kinda too soon after the accident. I suppose he was meant to be crazy and may not have cared for pain or something but otherwise i liked the look, beats the hell out of Tommy Lee Jones' anyway!

Then again, they never said that it was functional, so maybe he could only see through one eye. The muscle movement would still work.

Da Joker
I think it was functional, but I know for sure it was freaky looking.

BruceSkywalker
I have been very much right when I have said that Two Face returns in Batman 3. Aaron Eckhart himself has said so..

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0265713/

Da Joker
It's on imbd so I don't really trust it.

BruceSkywalker
It's on imbd so I don't really trust it.

I've never had a problem with IMDB.com. Besides it was found on comics2film.com and they provided the link.

peejay88
I have been very much right when I have said that Two Face returns in Batman 3. Aaron Eckhart himself has said so..

I'd love to see Two face return, it's a waste of a good character if he just dies off after briefly appearing in one movie. the quote by Eckhart doesn't prove he's going to be in 3 though, he's merely saying that if he had the opportunity he would like to do another Batman movie with Christian Bale.

Da Joker
Well, I'm pretty sure Nolan would love for him to come back. He was great in TDK so more of his Two-Face would be simply awesome.

BruceSkywalker
Well, I'm pretty sure Nolan would love for him to come back. He was great in TDK so more of his Two-Face would be simply awesome.

Agreed

Da Joker
But if he does come back, I'd say make him darker as well as the overall tone of the film.

Quincy

Uh doesn't that say he would "like" to be in the next one?

Not that he is?

BruceSkywalker
But if he does come back, I'd say make him darker as well as the overall tone of the film.

As long as he is back, Two Face will be great

Da Joker
If he's not handled right he won't be great. We must always remember Batman Forever.

U Neek
Two Face looked so awesome in TDK, much better than in Forever!

I especially like the way Nolan "tricked" me into thinking that Harvey's face was forced into acid on the floor in the TDK trailers. Because in the comics, Dent's face became scarred when gangsters threw acid on his face. I thought something very similar was going to happen in the movie after watching that part of the trailer.

But I really liked the way Dent's face got scarred in TDK. It looked very realistic. However die hard comic fans may complain that the way in which Dent's face has been scarred isn't true to the comics. But did you see his face?? He looks so awesome!! And the way it happened is a stroke of genius!

I hope he's in the third movie because with a mug like that he deserves to be!! And I think Aaron Eckhart did a pretty good job portraying Harvey Dent.

Da Joker
I think the way he becomes Two-Face in the movie is better than in the comics. And so is the look. Afterall, acid or being burned is supposed to leave you burnt, not with a different color hair.

Röland
I wouldn't mind if Two-Face comes back but would he really fit the next movie as a main villian?

Batman is now on the run from Gotham, he's been "casted out" like the Joker said. Unless he returns to Gotham, I don't think Two-Face would work well as a main villian.

Just my opinion of course.

BruceSkywalker
I think the way he becomes Two-Face in the movie is better than in the comics. And so is the look. Afterall, acid or being burned is supposed to leave you burnt, not with a different color hair.

Yes it was a much better way to show how Harvey became Two face.

Da Joker
Yeah, and he should return. He's an awesome villain, and it seems like he hasn't been used a lot recently. In TAS, he only had a select few episodes.

SelinaAndBruce
I personally didn't like the change of his facial scarring but I accepted it because it worked in the context of the movie and I'm flexible when it comes to stuff like that. I was just disappointed that Sal was there and didn't get to be as active

Bat Dude

I'd say he looks pretty burnt here:

http://www.vacuumboy9.com/tlh/13p23.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb240/JoNuggs/twofaceTLH.jpg

Da Joker
That version looks horrid.

SelinaAndBruce
He actually looks to me a lot like what ended up in the movie except the hair isn't dark in the movie

Da Joker
I don't think it really looks anything like the movie, and I kind of hate when they make his skin purple. It was cool being blue in TAS, but it looks horrible when purple.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
He actually looks to me a lot like what ended up in the movie except the hair isn't dark in the movie

I think the same thing... If his hair was more blond, he'd look like TDK Two-Face...

Da Joker
http://www.stuffwelike.com/stuffwelike/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/tdk-twoface.jpg

I don't see the resemblance.

Bat Dude
The teeth exposed, the baldness on his "bad" half, the eye exposed, etc.

SelinaAndBruce
Both burned bald on one side and they have a grotesque exposed to the muscle other side of their face including a disfigured mouth and completely disfigured eye. I totally see the resemblance.

Da Joker
I don't. The comic pic looks like he covered his face in raw meat.

SelinaAndBruce
I think it could be argued that the movie Two Face's face is covered in meat, though it is burnt or well done in many areas instead of raw

Da Joker
In the end, they look nothing alike.

Bat Dude
In the end, they look nothing alike.

Actually, they are similar... Maybe not "identical", but it's almost a given that Nolan used the Long Halloween Two-Face as a model for his Two-Face...

Da Joker
The only similarity I see is with the eye and the missing hair on the burnt side, but that's it.

Bat Dude
The only similarity I see is with the eye and the missing hair on the burnt side, but that's it.

What about the teeth?

BruceSkywalker
http://www.stuffwelike.com/stuffwelike/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/tdk-twoface.jpg

I don't see the resemblance.

That is a great pic of Eckhart as Two Face

Da Joker
Yes, it is, I love it. Eckhart was so badass as Two-Face that he deserves to return in a sequel.

BruceSkywalker
Yes, it is, I love it. Eckhart was so badass as Two-Face that he deserves to return in a sequel.

I believe he will. Right now I cannot see Two Face not being in the next film

Da Joker
Agreed. A combination of Two-Face & Catwoman along with one other villain like Bane would be orgasmic!

BruceSkywalker
Agreed. A combination of Two-Face & Catwoman along with one other villain like Bane would be orgasmic!

Who would play Bane?

SelinaAndBruce
Actually, they are similar... Maybe not "identical", but it's almost a given that Nolan used the Long Halloween Two-Face as a model for his Two-Face...
I agree to say they look NOTHING alike is a stretch. Clearly they look something alike or people wouldn't even recognize him as two face laughing

Da Joker
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I agree to say they look NOTHING alike is a stretch. Clearly they look something alike or people wouldn't even recognize him as two face laughing

I see no big similarity.

But this version looks just like the movie version. roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/cf/The_Animated_Two-Face.jpg/225px-The_Animated_Two-Face.jpg

SelinaAndBruce
They all look alike except the interpretation of the color of the otherside of his face and if he has hair or not, lol and Eckhart's hair being blond. They all look like men who have half of their face disfigured horribly but I think the comic panel from the long halloween that Bat dude posted resembles the movie character more than the Animated Series one does just because both have burnt off hair and their faces appear to be skinless with muscle exposed. But the animated series Two face is a much better dresser

ragesRemorse

Your thoughts?

I was surprised with how much screen time Two face actually received. Two face wasn't in the movie for very long, but considering that the focus of the movie revolved around Harvey Dent. Not much time was required to convey the dynamic between harvey and two face. I think the audience was actually spoon fed the contrast between harvey and two face a bit more than was needed. But, his transformation into a cynical monster set on revenge from an idealistic optimist was handled much better than i had expected.

Even though CGI contributed to the character of two face just as much as Eckharts performance. I think his acting had a lot to do with the quality of the film. In my mind, the Dark Knight was a story about Harvey Dent and relied on a good performance from the actor portraying him.

Da Joker
I think Two-Face was handled well and got just enough screentime. As I've said in the past, Nolan seems to be the only director capable of handling more than one villain in a movie.

Bat Dude
I think Two-Face was handled well and got just enough screentime. As I've said in the past, Nolan seems to be the only director capable of handling more than one villain in a movie.

Batman Returns had two villains and I thought they were handled fairly well... Not perfect, but well enough for the movie to be enjoyable...

Neo Darkhalen
I never thought screen time was an issue for Two-Face, it flowed together perfectly, it never seemed rushed unlike venom was in SM3.

Da Joker
Batman Returns had two villains and I thought they were handled fairly well... Not perfect, but well enough for the movie to be enjoyable...

I meant out of the recent movies that Nolan seems to be the only person capable of handling more than one villain. Look how SM-3 turned out. While I thoroughly enjoyed it, we didn't get enough Venom, Sandman, or New Goblin. Hell, most of the screentime went to Mary Jane whining like a *****, where that could've went towards a better story and more action.

U Neek

I agree. It was wkd the way it happened. And I agree with your later post that maybe Two Face should appear in the third Bat movie. I would luv it if he returned, because it is possible.

Harvey Dent is dead. That's what they say in the movie anyways. I agree that Dent is dead, but Two Face is pretty much alive (I hope!!)

Da Joker
Two-Face needs to be used more in everything, so him returning in the third would be awesome. He needs to be on the same level as other villains like the Joker, but because some writers don't use him a lot he's not there quite yet.

BruceSkywalker
Two-Face needs to be used more in everything, so him returning in the third would be awesome. He needs to be on the same level as other villains like the Joker, but because some writers don't use him a lot he's not there quite yet.

Shame that more writers don't want to write more stories for him. I have all of Two Faces appearances and since he is back in the movie DC should have him back in the comic book

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>