Berserker Rage Wolverine vs Captain America, Daredevil, and Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Fight in a dense forest.

Juk3n
Cap with shield handles him for a while, adding the Spider is just...

Web Throw / Shield Bash ftw imo

jinzin
Wolverine dominates.

Starscream M
Originally posted by jinzin
Wolverine dominates. hahaha....dood, you do realize he's fighting all three at the SAME TIME right?

george '06
wolvy gets sodomized

carver9
I give this to the team due to the webbing. The other two could fight wolverine and spiderman could just sneak him with some webbing. Now if spiderman turns out to be a idiot and try to fight wolvie h2h with the rest of the team, then thats when they all get taken down starting with spiderman since he isnt as experienced or well trained as the other two.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by carver9
I give this to the team due to the webbing. The other two could fight wolverine and spiderman could just sneak him with some webbing. Now if spiderman turns out to be a idiot and try to fight wolvie h2h with the rest of the team, then thats when they all get taken down starting with spiderman since he isnt as experienced or well trained as the other two.

Agreed Cap can hold off Wolverine for a bit then coordinate the team.

jinzin
Originally posted by Starscream M
hahaha....dood, you do realize he's fighting all three at the SAME TIME right? lol, yeah I was only half serious.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by jinzin
lol, yeah I was only half serious.

Yeah.......

jinzin
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Yeah....... Happy Dance

ScarletSpeed
hahaha....dood, you do realize he's fighting all three at the SAME TIME right?

So you made this thread out of spite?awesomelaughing out loud

Starscream M
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
So you made this thread out of spite?awesomelaughing out loud nope. I made environment dense forest to even the odds for Logan, ie he has more places for cover, and the other three can't gang up on him easily, and Cap's shield will be limited in effectiveness, as will spiderman's webbing. I just thought Jinzin went overboard when he said Logan would 'dominate'.

TricksterPriest
He's got a point. The forest setting is an edge to Wolverine. But being berserk, I don't think he'll use it properly.

I say he gets a few, but not a majority.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
He's got a point. The forest setting is an edge to Wolverine. But being berserk, I don't think he'll use it properly.

WHAT!? Agree again with YOU!? eek!

brainchild81
They kick his @ss everytime. 2 of the best at sensing people out & the best tactician in comics FTW.

jinzin
nope. I made environment dense forest to even the odds for Logan, ie he has more places for cover, and the other three can't gang up on him easily, and Cap's shield will be limited in effectiveness, as will spiderman's webbing. I just thought Jinzin went overboard when he said Logan would 'dominate'.
confused Wasn't a serious statement.

Originally posted by brainchild81
They kick his @ss everytime. 2 of the best at sensing people out & the best tactician in comics FTW.

Now that I don't agree with. Wolverine can definitely take some wins, not the majority.

Nemesis X
Captain America, Daredevil, and Spider-Man are just asking for early funerals.

golem370
I would consider somebody in that state reckless and careless so here how I would see this going down in a comic book the fight starts off overwhelmed but the team soon realize they need a plan to take him down. Spider-Man says distract him and I will land a shot where it gets him concentrated on him and with his speed agility & reflexes could stay out of reach until Daredevil & Captain America come up with a plan.

jinzin
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Captain America, Daredevil, and Spider-Man are just asking for early funerals. laughing out loud

Juk3n
Still Web-Swing / Shield Bash ftw

Metalmanx
Oh lordy.

The team wins this 10/10.

Nemesis X
Wolverine was incredibly tough when he wasnt in Berserker Rage but since he's in it now, watch out. Wolverine should just drive his adamantium claws through each of their torso areas and its history for those three. Not like their suits are claw-proof. Spider-Man makes a wise cracking joke when suddenly a pair of claws go through his chest. The web slinger falls and Wolverine jumps back into the trees where cap and DD cant see him. Logan pounces on DD and drives his claws through his head (this can happen to DD anyday because he aint stronger than wolverine). With two heroes dead, cap gets awfully mad and throws his shield at Wolverine. Wolverine quickly dodges the shield and he pounces at cap. Logan is trying to get his claws into cap but cap is grabbing hold of his arms. Wolverine starts kicking him to let go but that didnt work. Suddenly, Wolverine bites caps nose off like it was nothing. Because of this awful pain, cap lets go of Wolverine and covers his wound with his hand to prevent more blood coming out where his nose used to be. Unfortunatey while cap is freaking out, Logan drives his claws into cap. cap later falls to the ground dead covered in a pool of blood. Wolverine runs from the scene to look for more prey.

Juk3n
Wolverine was incredibly tough when he wasnt in Berserker Rage but since he's in it now, watch out. Wolverine should just drive his adamantium claws through each of their torso areas and its history for those three. Not like their suits are claw-proof. Spider-Man makes a wise cracking joke when suddenly a pair of claws go through his chest. The web slinger falls and Wolverine jumps back into the trees where cap and DD cant see him. Logan pounces on DD and drives his claws through his head (this can happen to DD anyday because he aint stronger than wolverine). With two heroes dead, cap gets awfully mad and throws his shield at Wolverine. Wolverine quickly dodges the shield and he pounces at cap. Logan is trying to get his claws into cap but cap is grabbing hold of his arms. Wolverine starts kicking him to let go but that didnt work. Suddenly, Wolverine bites caps nose off like it was nothing. Because of this awful pain, cap lets go of Wolverine and covers his wound with his hand to prevent more blood coming out where his nose used to be. Unfortunatey while cap is freaking out, Logan drives his claws into cap. cap later falls to the ground dead covered in a pool of blood. Wolverine runs from the scene to look for more prey.

no wacko

carver9

Just wow, whoever write a fight like this with these four in it and it happen just this easy, 1st theyre going to need some psychiatric treatment then they basically dont know any of the characters.

BUSTER1

Uh, you are aware that Spiderman has a Spidersense to warn him of danger, and Daredevil also has hypersenses, that make it near impossible to sneak up on him. Just thought I'd mention it.

Nemesis X
You people dont have to be so mean to tell me I'm wrong. sad

Juk3n

i want Wolverine socks like yours, when i grow up.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Juk3n
i want Wolverine socks like yours, when i grow up.

What the heck are you talking about?

carver9
You people dont have to be so mean to tell me I'm wrong. sad

My bad. smile

Juk3n
What the heck are you talking about?

oh, Sorry i thought you had Wolverine socks, bed spread and matching PJ's.

im sorry.

Grinning Goku
Fight in a dense forest.

Spite. Somebody hates Logan...

Nemesis X
oh, Sorry i thought you had Wolverine socks, bed spread and matching PJ's.

Are you trying to make fun of me here?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

wrong completely utterly wrong, you could really not be any more wrong

Soljer
Originally posted by Battlehammer
wrong completely utterly wrong, you could really not be any more wrong

You think Wolverine takes the majority?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Soljer
You think Wolverine takes the majority?
oh I was refferring to his statement about wolverine being berserker means he won't utlizes the forrest as much which is inaccurate.

Soljer
oh I was refferring to his statement about wolverine being berserker means he won't utlizes the forrest as much which is inaccurate.

Okay.

So, I ask again; do you think Wolverine wins? smile.

Battlehammer
Okay.

So, I ask again; do you think Wolverine wins? smile.
Nope. I think he could take some wins, but nothign closes to the majority........though likly one of his opponets gets serously injured or dies every match.

Soljer
Nope. I think he could take some wins, but nothign closes to the majority........though likly one of his opponets gets serously injured or dies every match.

Just curious.

Battlehammer
Just curious.
he won't win, but I think people serously underestimate just how much more dangerous wolverine is when berserker

brainchild81
wrong completely utterly wrong, you could really not be any more wrong Actually he's right. Reg Wolvie'd be better for this. Berserker Wolvie ain't gonna do shit but attack. He don't give a fvck about plans or stealth. Reg Wolvie's a tactician to be reconed with. BWolvie loses this one EVERY timeOriginally posted by Nemesis X
Wolverine was incredibly tough when he wasnt in Berserker Rage but since he's in it now, watch out. Wolverine should just drive his adamantium claws through each of their torso areas and its history for those three. Not like their suits are claw-proof. Spider-Man makes a wise cracking joke when suddenly a pair of claws go through his chest. The web slinger falls and Wolverine jumps back into the trees where cap and DD cant see him. Logan pounces on DD and drives his claws through his head (this can happen to DD anyday because he aint stronger than wolverine). With two heroes dead, cap gets awfully mad and throws his shield at Wolverine. Wolverine quickly dodges the shield and he pounces at cap. Logan is trying to get his claws into cap but cap is grabbing hold of his arms. Wolverine starts kicking him to let go but that didnt work. Suddenly, Wolverine bites caps nose off like it was nothing. Because of this awful pain, cap lets go of Wolverine and covers his wound with his hand to prevent more blood coming out where his nose used to be. Unfortunatey while cap is freaking out, Logan drives his claws into cap. cap later falls to the ground dead covered in a pool of blood. Wolverine runs from the scene to look for more prey. Please learn about someone other than Wolvie. Wolvie doesn't have to jump into trees to keep DD from seeing him. DD is blind. Unfortunately DD's radar sense renders the trees useless. No hiding from DD

Metalmanx
Actually he's right. Reg Wolvie'd be better for this. Berserker Wolvie ain't gonna do shit but attack. He don't give a fvck about plans or stealth. Reg Wolvie's a tactician to be reconed with.

Exactly, I'm glad you said it first. BH wants bezerker Wolvie to be everything under the sun. But he can't be, he's got to sacrifice some skills in order to be bezerker.

Regular Wolverine would probably be more dangerous here in this scenario. Even with that said, he still loses to this team everytime.

Placidity

Whats with the BS drawn-out battle. Why not say something like Wolverine just stabs all of them?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Exactly, I'm glad you said it first. BH wants bezerker Wolvie to be everything under the sun. But he can't be, he's got to sacrifice some skills in order to be bezerker.

Regular Wolverine would probably be more dangerous here in this scenario. Even with that said, he still loses to this team everytime.

Well there is evidence that when Wolverine goes beserk he retains his intelligence and skill. I think what Prof X said went too far when he compared Beserk Wolverine to computers playing chess, but in the origins issue with DP, DP stated that Wolverine was angry and smart.

Juk3n
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Well there is evidence that when Wolverine goes beserk he retains his intelligence and skill. I think what Prof X said went too far when he compared Beserk Wolverine to computers playing chess, but in the origins issue with DP, DP stated that Wolverine was angry and smart.

Just curious -im not bashin anyone here, im GENUINLY curious, if Logan retains his skill and intellegence, then whats the difference between him normally and him berserker?

After all being cunning is not synonamous with being in a berserker rage, cunning , tactics and smarts are assosiated with being calm, thinking and rational, aernt they?

Phantom Zone
Just curious -im not bashin anyone here, im GENUINLY curious, if Logan retains his skill and intellegence, then whats the difference between him normally and him berserker?

I know thats what I was thinking when I wrote the post. laughing out loud

After all being cunning is not synonamous with being in a berserker rage, cunning , tactics and smarts are assosiated with being calm, thinking and rational, aernt they?

True but remember it is a comicbook and it doesn't always have to makes sense. It still doesn't change the fact that Wolverine had gone beserk and he was still thinking intelligently.

I think even from a logical point of view maybe it is possible for somebody to go beserk and still think clearly if the rage is controlled.....im not sure if that makes any sense. As far as I know this is kinda like how the Hulk at present fights he can increase his rage but still retains his intellect, in fact his intellect seems to help him increase his rage. Ive heard a poster say that Professor Hulk studied meditation that helped him increase his rage as well.

However though I suspect that Cap fought a beserk Wolverine and how he fought suggested that in that case the beserker rage hindered Wolverines skill...mah or it was just a more pissed off Wolverine.

Starscream M

After all being cunning is not synonamous with being in a berserker rage, cunning , tactics and smarts are assosiated with being calm, thinking and rational, aernt they? berserker might mean Logan is very bloodlusted, not mindless

he won't hold anything back when berserker mode

Ize19
Battlehammers claim that Wolverine can use a forest effectively in a Berzerker rage does have merit, due to Marvel Comics Presents Wolverine isssues 62&63. In them, a berzerk Wolverine picks apart a gang of kidnappers who have captured Archie Corrigan and Tyger Tiger.

He attacks from inside the forest, then vanishes before they can react several times, he uses the dense trees to maintain an invisible watch over them, and even uses distractions, such as Corrigan's bloody hat, to take them by surprise. Pretty impressive, considering the animal was in control for most of those issues.

For all I know, Battlehammer has even more reasons to believe in Berzerker Wolverine's cunning and stealth, but this is at least a little evidence in his favor.

Juk3n
berserker might mean Logan is very bloodlusted, not mindless

he won't hold anything back when berserker mode

Both those terms are thrown around quite alot, and im pretty sure they do not mean the same thing. Someone said berserker, they mean berserker, not Lusted.

Carnage is 95% bloodlusted - and doesnt ever appear to go berserk.

REEN must lose somthing to go berserk - abit of technique/skill or rational tactical thinking simply to be called a berserker rage. Thats what berserk means, almost to the very definition.

- well, maybe not in the MU

wink

Juk3n
Originally posted by Ize19
Battlehammers claim that Wolverine can use a forest effectively in a Berzerker rage does have merit, due to Marvel Comics Presents Wolverine isssues 62&63. In them, a berzerk Wolverine picks apart a gang of kidnappers who have captured Archie Corrigan and Tyger Tiger.

He attacks from inside the forest, then vanishes before they can react several times, he uses the dense trees to maintain an invisible watch over them, and even uses distractions, such as Corrigan's bloody hat, to take them by surprise. Pretty impressive, considering the animal was in control for most of those issues.

For all I know, Battlehammer has even more reasons to believe in Berzerker Wolverine's cunning and stealth, but this is at least a little evidence in his favor.

Aye, but i suspect it's a simple mistake in terminology from the writer, what you just described there struck me as a very cunning - Blood lusted - Wolverine stealthely taking apart a gang.

I suspect the writer for that book, didnt have a dictionary handy to look up the actual meaning of a berserker rage, and just slapped it on-panel when he might have thought it was just another term for blood lusted.

-speculation though, not taking anything away from bHammers evidence.

carver9
What you all fail to realize is that when wolverine is berserk, even though his intellect is increase, his healing factor is boosted up to hulks level, his strength is increased to unknown level (not saying that he can lift more then spiderman thats why I said unknown), his speed is increased, along with his senses. Basically everything about him goes up and he is already super human before going berserk. Basically in this fight there only hope is spiderman webbing because it would be next to nothing thats going to take him out. Just look at the mr.x fight, mr.x hit the guy with everything that he can touch and it did nothing. Hell look at the wolverine vs mr fixit fight, mr fixit was amped to levels rivaling hulk but wolverine didnt even feel his punches during beserk and was actually pierce his skin that was stated as being indestructible. Mr. fixit punches>>>>>>anything that the team can dish out.

carver9
Aye, but i suspect it's a simple mistake in terminology from the writer, what you just described there struck me as a very cunning - Blood lusted - Wolverine stealthely taking apart a gang.

I suspect the writer for that book, didnt have a dictionary handy to look up the actual meaning of a berserker rage, and just slapped it on-panel when he might have thought it was just another term for blood lusted.

-speculation though, not taking anything away from bHammers evidence.

Its not that he didnt know what he was talking about, wolverine is a force of nature so his berserk is totally different then what you think a berserk is. Basically when wolverine goes berserk it is stated that the person he turns into is actually his true self. Sabertooth let his berserk take control of him a long time ago, so sabertooth is the true definition of what wolverine would turn into. Like when the weapon x took control of wolverine and basically kept hm in his berserk state and had him take out some agents along with a some guy, I think he was part of congress. During that time wolverine was smiling and actually laughed during berserk when he found him. When have you seen someone smile while being berserk, his rage is different.

OneDumbG0
The way I interpret berserker rage is that Wolverine fully uses his skill, ferocity and strength in defeating his foes. Most times, that will involve not holding anything back and going for the kill. If he's normal Wolverine, he obviously retains all his skill and strength, but he would not try to kill Cap, which can hinder him. If he goes berserker rage against Cap, he would be trying to kill Cap.

Berserker rage is more about letting loose of all moral compunctions IMHO. Although the terms suggest that he would lose control, discipline and/or coherency, I think you can put stock in Forge's and Professor X's on-panel evaluations of Wolverine. And despite inconsistent portrayals where writers turn Wolverine animalistic and thus easier to combat, I think giving him the benefit of the doubt is fair in light of that on-panel evidence.

Team 8/10. In a comic, Wolverine would probably be portrayed as doing ok against all three opponents. Same way as any one of the team would be portrayed as doing ok against the other three. Anyone want to bump the good ole Spiderman vs. Cap, Wolverine and DD thread? laughing out loud

Juk3n
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
The way I interpret berserker rage is that Wolverine fully uses his skill, ferocity and strength in defeating his foes. Most times, that will involve not holding anything back and going for the kill. If he's normal Wolverine, he obviously retains all his skill and strength, but he would not try to kill Cap, which can hinder him. If he goes berserker rage against Cap, he would be trying to kill Cap.

Berserker rage is more about letting loose of all moral compunctions IMHO. Although the terms suggest that he would lose control, discipline and/or coherency, I think you can put stock in Forge's and Professor X's on-panel evaluations of Wolverine. And despite inconsistent portrayals where writers turn Wolverine animalistic and thus easier to combat, I think giving him the benefit of the doubt is fair in light of that on-panel evidence.

Team 8/10. In a comic, Wolverine would probably be portrayed as doing ok against all three opponents. Same way as any one of the team would be portrayed as doing ok against the other three. Anyone want to bump the good ole Spiderman vs. Cap, Wolverine and DD thread? laughing out loud

oki, now im not contesting any points you've made here, im just asking..if we use your own definition or Berserk as stated by you in the first 2 lines of this quote, then might i ask you what is your definition of Bloodlusted?

And also, doesnt the term Berserk as a description of behaviour, mean the same thing across the board? Or is Wolverine exempt from the actual discription because of his healing factor? stick out tongue

So in Marvels Dictionary of on-panel terms..will it have "berserk - (description here) - except for wolverine, it has a completeley doiferent description for him"?

Juk3n
If u are in control and rationally fighting/killing, with CLEAR thought and intent, as im being told wolverine is when berserker..then whats to differentiate between him as berserker..and him as bloodlusted?

A SYKO stalking women on the street and killing them is Blood lusted, he is calm..rational and thinking clearly, operating at his most efficient as if normal.

A man protecting his wife in a bar room brawl will likely be in BERSERKER state, not thinking clearly, only thinking about hurting/killing the ofender of his wife, not operating at his most clear thinking level.

Wolverine cannot have both definitions, im sorry..im a fan of his aswell but we need a clear definition here, so far everyones description of wolverines berserker is the exact description of blood lusted professional skilled fighter. Being in a berserker state BY DEFINITION means...ah well, i wont repeat.

OneDumbG0
oki, now im not contesting any points you've made here, im just asking..if we use your own definition or Berserk as stated by you in the first 2 lines of this quote, then might i ask you what is your definition of Bloodlusted?

And also, doesnt the term Berserk as a description of behaviour, mean the same thing across the board? Or is Wolverine exempt from the actual discription because of his healing factor? stick out tongue

So in Marvels Dictionary of on-panel terms..will it have "berserk - (description here) - except for wolverine, it has a completeley doiferent description for him"? I guess the same thing.

Juk3n
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I guess the same thing.

oki..(and again not bashing or contesting) but we all know they mean 2 different things

don't we.?

Do you think being Blood lusted and being Berserk are the same thing? Honestly?

OneDumbG0
oki..(and again not bashing or contesting) but we all know they mean 2 different things

don't we.?

Do you think being Blood lusted and being Berserk are the same thing? Honestly? Good point. I'll have to think on that. My gut tells me that berserker rage Wolverine is more potent then bloodlusted Wolverine. But I have a hard time explaining my gut reaction. I'll get back to you when I figure it out.

Ize19

don't we.?

Do you think being Blood lusted and being Berserk are the same thing? Honestly?

When Wolverine goes into a berzerker rage, he loses all conscious control. His animal urges and instincts come to the forefront, he loses the ability to discern friend from foe, and all inhibitions are gone.

What makes Wolverine's berzerker rage so potent, is the fact that he has been alive for more than a century. Wolverine has trained for countless years, and his training has left its mark in muscle memory. When Wolverine goes into a berzerker rage, his years of training kick in, and he performs complex battle maneuvers without thought.

As for when his capability within a forest, the animal in him is a predator. Wolverine has stated several times that he feels at home in jungles/forests, and the beast within has shown to be able to stalk effectively while in control.

So, while Wolverine DOES lose control in his berzerker rage, the instincts and muscle memory of his animal side definitely compensate for that, so that, in effect, Wolverine is stronger, faster, more resistant to pain, heals faster, can fight just as well, and can definitely take advantage of a forest environment.

carver9
Originally posted by Ize19
When Wolverine goes into a berzerker rage, he loses all conscious control. His animal urges and instincts come to the forefront, he loses the ability to discern friend from foe, and all inhibitions are gone.

What makes Wolverine's berzerker rage so potent, is the fact that he has been alive for more than a century. Wolverine has trained for countless years, and his training has left its mark in muscle memory. When Wolverine goes into a berzerker rage, his years of training kick in, and he performs complex battle maneuvers without thought.

As for when his capability within a forest, the animal in him is a predator. Wolverine has stated several times that he feels at home in jungles/forests, and the beast within has shown to be able to stalk effectively while in control.

So, while Wolverine DOES lose control in his berzerker rage, the instincts and muscle memory of his animal side definitely compensate for that, so that, in effect, Wolverine is stronger, faster, more resistant to pain, heals faster, can fight just as well, and can definitely take advantage of a forest environment.

couldnt have said it better. good job.

brainchild81
Oh. Then they should call him "feral" Wolvie, or "animal" Wolvie("in the zone" Wolvie big grin ).I expect a berserker to be..........berserk.

Battlehammer
Actually he's right. Reg Wolvie'd be better for this. Berserker Wolvie ain't gonna do shit but attack. He don't give a fvck about plans or stealth.
wrong.

He retains all his tactical prowess and even relies at tiems heavly on stealth like when he kill closes to 100 villains using purly stealth.........during agent of shield...........so yea your wrong

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Metalmanx

yea comming from the man who constantly underrates wolverine and who has wicked and I mean wicked shitty knowledge on him and his abilties

Board Walker
wolverine can take a nuke to the face, wolverine can take a shield to the face.

Metalmanx
yea comming from the man who constantly underrates wolverine and who has wicked and I mean wicked shitty knowledge on him and his abilties

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I consider myself pretty well-informed on what Wolverine can and cannot do. It'd be a lie to say that I didn't learn a lot from you, because I have.

But sometimes, different interpretations and bias get in the way.

Mr. Slippyfist
Wolverine solos.

Ize19
Oh. Then they should call him "feral" Wolvie, or "animal" Wolvie("in the zone" Wolvie big grin ).I expect a berserker to be..........berserk.

Well, whenever Wolverine is berzerk they do say that the "animal" is in control. Wolverine has stated several times that he is constantly fighting the animal within, and when he loses that fight, he goes into berzerker rages. The fact is, for Wolverine, being berzerk, and letting the animal take control are the exact same thing.

Raoul

this is the second post in the last few minutes of yours that i've had to deal with... i trust you're going to calm it down?

brainchild81
wrong.

He retains all his tactical prowess and even relies at tiems heavly on stealth like when he kill closes to 100 villains using purly stealth.........during agent of shield...........so yea your wrong And you're late. Congrats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.