Joker vs Lex Luthor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
They plot to kill each other. Who will succeed?

Obsidian Fury
Joker

george '06
i like joker better, but lex works on a whole different level
this is like kingpin vs. doom

Starscream M
Originally posted by george '06
i like joker better, but lex works on a whole different level
this is like kingpin vs. doom except kingpin is nowhere near the level of joker's intellect

george '06
well he's a similar level of power in the world
and jokers nowhere near as smart as lex,
he doesn't have half the resources,
doesn't have robot soldiersm and
he doesn't have a battle suit,
jokers basically a crimelord/terrorist,
lex is a potential world dominator
like i daid before, i like joker better, but hes not on lex's level

Starscream M
well he's a similar level of power in the world
and jokers nowhere near as smart as lex,
he doesn't have half the resources,
doesn't have robot soldiersm and
he doesn't have a battle suit,
jokers basically a crimelord/terrorist,
lex is a potential world dominator
like i daid before, i like joker better, but hes not on lex's level joker's actually smarter than lex

george '06
Originally posted by Starscream M
joker's actually smarter than lex
wheres that been stated?

Starscream M
wheres that been stated? where's it been stated that Lex is smarter than Joker?

george '06
one invent battlesuits and superman killing rayguns, the other paints his face on grenades theres a difference in competence
there

Scoobless
Joker would plot to kill Lex, Lex would just blow up a 25 square mile area to kill Joker.

Luthor wins this.

BradBalboa
I like them Both, But truely if lex wanted to kill Joker...he could !! Fist fight, or just abotu anyother way, Joker can be a fairly decent hand to hand fighter, but Lex goes crazy !! Joker even says after lex yells at him" and they say IM crazy" !!

jrodslam
Originally posted by Scoobless
Lex would just blow up a 25 square mile area to kill Joker.

Funny, cause i believe Joker would do the same thing.

tkitna
Lex is above Joker when it comes to this scenario.

batdude123
Joker would plot to kill Lex, Lex would just blow up a 25 square mile area to kill Joker.

Luthor wins this.

barker

I think you've got that backwards.

george '06
Originally posted by batdude123
barker

I think you've got that backwards.
joker doesn't have the resources for that, luthor can get a nuke in a few hours and blow joker to hell

BradBalboa
Lex has more resources, and more allies, no one trusts joker !!

batdude123
joker doesn't have the resources for that, luthor can get a nuke in a few hours and blow joker to hell

Why would Luthor- a practical, calculating businessman- use a nuke in a forum style fight?

Joker on the other hand, is crazy and unpredictable enough to pull something like that off.

Character is always something to take into consideration here, folks.

george '06
well the point is the difference in resources and capabilities

Scoobless
Why would Luthor- a practical, calculating businessman- use a nuke in a forum style fight?

Lex knows the Joker as well as anyone outside of Batman ... he know it's more practical to sacrifice a few thousand civilians to ensure his death than to aim for a brawl/shootout.

george '06
Lex knows the Joker as well as anyone outside of Batman ... he know it's more practical to sacrifice a few thousand civilians to ensure his death than to aim for a brawl/shootout.
yup

Scoobless
yup

Totally.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/spartaaa.gif

xmarksthespot
barker

I think you've got that backwards. Was about to say the same...

Joker gets a chuckle out of children's deaths... Lex does not find it nearly as amusing...Originally posted by Scoobless
Lex knows the Joker as well as anyone outside of Batman ... he know it's more practical to sacrifice a few thousand civilians to ensure his death than to aim for a brawl/shootout. I don't think it's an either/or situation... ermm

Scoobless
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I don't think it's an either/or situation...

Me neither. Lex wins.

occultdestroyer
Joker wins.
Lex doesn't have the 'mental capacity' to mess with The Joker.

Joker loves killing people.
Tell me this: Does Lex have the guts to mutilate a newborn baby?
I don't even need to answer that question when it comes to Joker.
The guy's uber insane.

Martian Manhunter, one of DC's strongest telepaths, could not even restore Joker's sanity.
His twisted mind made Parallax insane. He 'jokerized' the entire DCU with 0.5% of Myx's powers.

Joker FTW. There's no argument here.

Scoobless
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Joker loves killing people.
Tell me this: Does Lex have the guts to mutilate a newborn baby?
I don't even need to answer that question when it comes to Joker.
The guy's uber insane.

Martian Manhunter, one of DC's strongest telepaths, could not even restore Joker's sanity.
His twisted mind made Parallax insane. He 'jokerized' the entire DCU with 0.5% of Myx's powers.

Great ... apart from the fact that none of that applies to this match.

Lex stomps.

occultdestroyer
BTW, in Last Laugh, Pres. Luthor declared the US at war against Joker. That's how much a threat he really is.

occultdestroyer
Great ... apart from the fact that none of that applies to this match.

Lex stomps.
Yes it does.

The comparison between the two shows that Joker is the 'greater evil' between the two.
Lex was never really a threat to DCU.
The Joker was and is.

Scoobless
Yes it does.

The comparison between the two shows that Joker is the 'greater evil' between the two.

It proves he's more of a psycho.

Lex is still far smarter and more resourceful.

occultdestroyer
It proves he's more of a psycho.

Lex is still far smarter and more resourceful.
He's not just a psycho. He's a very sick psycho.
Being a psycho that he is, it shows that he is far more unpredictable than Lex, who's just a mere man with a high level of intelligence.

Joker wins

george '06
joker cant even get near the weapons lex can

occultdestroyer
joker cant even get near the weapons lex can
I don't think Lex can get near The Joker at all.

george '06
it doesn't matter that he;ll eviscerate a baby, lex will kill a psycho which is what he needs to do, whats joker gonna do when lex shows up at his doorstep with a warsuit that can hang with superman?
whas he gonna do when bombs start coming down on gotham?
theres a reasonluthor always leads groups and joker always follows, Jokers<<<< Luthor

occultdestroyer
it doesn't matter that he;ll eviscerate a baby, lex will kill a psycho which is what he needs to do, whats joker gonna do when lex shows up at his doorstep with a warsuit that can hang with superman?
whas he gonna do when bombs start coming down on gotham?
theres a reasonluthor always leads groups and joker always follows, Jokers<<<< Luthor
Joker always follows Lex? Scans if you please.

BTW warsuit won't save him when Joker Venom comes into play.
Lex is doomed, along with his Metropolis.

george '06
meant that when there s a group w/ both of them in it, jokers never the leader, lex is
if the suit can go through space, id imagine it has its own air supply i doubt gas is going to get in it

Mr. Slippyfist
Joker gives him the Peruvian necktie ftw.

george '06
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Joker gives him the Peruvian necktie ftw.
lex gives him a laser guided missile to the torso

Emil Blonsky
Joker. Luthor wouldn't get far, especially if it's the Joker from the new movie.

Boy Blue
Lex knows the Joker as well as anyone outside of Batman ... he know it's more practical to sacrifice a few thousand civilians to ensure his death than to aim for a brawl/shootout. Didn't Lex just recently take Joker on in a brawl, thinking that he would obviously win?

Lex may know Joker, but he's also an egotistical cock, and would go for an elaborate plan that ends in Joker becoming debilitated without knowing he's in trouble, or having just realized it.

Lex's plan would be laid out, beautiful, precise and would have an opportunity for Joker to suffer and for Lex to rub in his superiority as that final icing on his evil cake.

Joker would get equal satisfaction out of simply blowing the area around Lex to smithereens.

Joker wins the quickdraw in that scenario.

And Lex is certainly not "far smarter" just far more ambitious and motivated, under normal situations.

xmarksthespot
joker cant even get near the weapons lex can Joker has strolled casually through the Pentagon gassing people to get to a high security holding cell.

george '06
Joker has strolled casually through the Pentagon gassing people to get to a high security holding cell.
what was he looking for?

Indestructible
I say Joker kicks lexi's shinny little bald head in to kingdom come

george '06
Originally posted by Indestructible
I say Joker kicks lexi's shinny little bald head in to kingdom come
hes gonna do that through lex's knockoff ironman suit ?

batdude123

laughing

First of all, they start off .5 kilometers away from each other, so Lex isn't nuking anything.

Second of all, show me ONE instance of Luthor nuking an entire city and killing thousands (or millions) in order to rid himself of a single target.

Joker is more apt to do what you're suggesting for Luthor, really. erm

tkitna
I'm not even a DC fan, but if people actually think the Joker has a shot here, their even crazier than he is.

george '06
laughing

First of all, they start off .5 kilometers away from each other, so Lex isn't nuking anything.

Second of all, show me ONE instance of Luthor nuking an entire city and killing thousands (or millions) in order to rid himself of a single target.

Joker is more apt to do what you're suggesting for Luthor, really. erm OP says they"plot" to kill each other
which implies prep time

batdude123
OP says they"plot" to kill each other
which implies prep time

Of course there's prep. That doesn't mean they aren't starting out .5 kilometers from each other, however.

george '06
like to see joker escape the warsuit, no ones addressed that yet

Starscream M
they're not starting .5 km apart from each other

they start in their own headquarters, so Joker would be in Gotham and Lex would be in Metropolis.

Starscream M
like to see joker escape the warsuit, no ones addressed that yet you think Joker's gonna face the warsuit? he's insane, not an idiot

Joker would take out Lex through trickery and deceit, not brawn or technological superiority

george '06
hows he going to trick/decieve someone whos tech is>>>>> his own?

xmarksthespot
what was he looking for? Doomsday.

Air Legend
If someone says the Joker wins this, they're obviously delusional and haven't gotten over The Dark Knight yet.

joesdabest1
Joker stomps. Luthor blows.

Aztec123
Originally posted by BradBalboa
Joker can be a fairly decent hand to hand fighter, but Lex goes crazy !!

Joker was beating the shit out of Luther in Salvation Run. If it wasn't for the Parademons, Joker would have finish Lex. big grin

Aztec123
I'm rooting for the Joker, but Lex has more resources. He can hire anyone if he wishes. If this was a straight up fight, I would give this to the Joker. But, unfortunately Lex has the upper hand. Don't forget that Lex, also has easy access to technology. However, if Lex makes any mistakes Joker wont be careless. evil face

Joker is cooler than Luther. stick out tongue

Nemesis X
Joker is a more famous DC villain than Lex. Joker wins.

george '06
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Joker is a more famous DC villain than Lex. Joker wins.
if he is its because of the movies, i dont see how al you delusional dark knight fanboys beleive joker can beat luthor, whos his superior in damn near everyway
luthor asspwns joker9/10
the other 1 is emporer joker

occultdestroyer
if he is its because of the movies, i dont see how al you delusional dark knight fanboys beleive joker can beat luthor, whos his superior in damn near everyway
luthor asspwns joker9/10
Superior?

Lex wets his panties when Joker's around.

I don't think Lex wants to f**k with Joker. He'd probably be killed the same way as Alex Luther before he even comes up with his plans.

george '06
oh yeah, jokers totally getting within a mile of luthors facilities without being vaporized

Bouboumaster
Luthor

Nemesis X
luthor asspwns joker9/10

And you're a delusional superman fanboy. Lex is owned by Joker and it aint just because Joker was awesome in The Dark Knight you idiot.

Hyperion Prime
Lex takes this. Joker is so hated that Lex could even buy out the jokers own people out from under him.

george '06
Originally posted by Nemesis X
And you're a delusional superman fanboy. Lex is owned by Joker and it aint just because Joker was awesome in The Dark Knight you idiot. then why is it? give me a reason

Muck101
Joker takes baldy down

george '06
jokers a glorified street leveler

xmarksthespot
Who's achieved phenomenal cosmic power more than once.

Juntai
Who's achieved phenomenal cosmic power more than once. Just goes to show it doesn't take a guy like Thanos to stumble onto ultimate power more than once.

xmarksthespot
Jafar from Disney's Aladdin has done it too... and he has a stupid mustache.

george '06
Who's achieved phenomenal cosmic power more than once.
shame this isnt a version with phenomenal cosmic power isnt it? this is a skinny psycho whos resources arent anywhere near luthors, give me one reason he beats lex's warsuit

xmarksthespot
Oh I dunno. I suppose one can look at what happened to Luthor the last time he declared war on the Joker.
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4029/13ads597pg07pv3.th.jpg

Starscream M
shame this isnt a version with phenomenal cosmic power isnt it? this is a skinny psycho whos resources arent anywhere near luthors, give me one reason he beats lex's warsuit why do you keep envisioning Joker fighting lex's warsuit? obviously joker loses in that fight...and obviously, Joker would never be dumb enough to engage in that type of fight

you think joker has been batman's biggest thorn by being a physical threat to batman?

no, joker is one of the few who can mentally challenge and sometimes even beat the batman

george '06
Oh I dunno. I suppose one can look at what happened to Luthor the last time he declared war on the Joker.
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4029/13ads597pg07pv3.th.jpg
and the fact that joker has a train and 2 thugs proves?

xmarksthespot
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4029/13ads597pg07pv3.th.jpg Originally posted by george '06
and the fact that joker has a train and 2 thugs proves? Lulz.

BradBalboa
!Luthor only puts up with joker aslong as it meets his own purposes" quote from DC comicssuper hero collection-the joker, meaning if lex wanted joker dead...joker wud be dead !1

but joker is still awsome ! big grin

TricksterPriest

That's President Luthor. shocklaugh

occultdestroyer

I guess there are colorblind people who are in these forums.

Oh ya, that baldy looks totally like Joker.
crylaugh

What a bunch of retards.

spetznaz
This is actually trickier than most people are giving it credit for, and a very good thread to be honest.

You have Lex Luthor, a machiavellian adept who is the guy you find under the definition on nietzchean malevolent (Friedrich Nietzche must have had a far flung vision of future DC comics depicting Lex when he started writing his philosophies ....even though that was long before there was anything like DC comics).

Lex is not only INCREDIBLY brilliant, but he has access to a very diversified array of resources (Lex actually has the most diversified resource base for HUMANS in comics, ranging from high tech Earth technology, to various alien tech suites, to even fourth dimension technology from Apokolips). He also has the sheer strength of will to be able to pull through against vast odds, which is why even though he is a human he is a challenge to the gods (i.e. Superman and others).

However, the Joker is not a funny man in a clown suit.

The guy is also amazingly bright (by some measures as bright, if not more, than Bruce Wayne), and you could characterize his madness as super-intelligence run amok (it was insinuated once that that was what it was).

While Lex is able, through pure force of will and resources, to get almost anything done; the Joker is also able to do the same, but unlike Lex's machiavellian approach of guile and subterfuge, ol' Joker uses an obtuse string of far-flung stratagems that seem stupid, at first, but in the end come together in a brilliant manner.

Let me put it this way ....if I was Lex i would NOT want to nuke where I BELIEVED the Joker to be. The reason is, I would not be able to confirm if the Joker is actually dead (since everything would be vaporized) ....I would rather have a situation where i see the cold body of the Joker, not a tepid belief that the Joker was SUPPOSED to be within the mile-wide area that i just nuked.

The reason is taking the Joker for granted is an easy way to get killed.

Who would win?

I honestly cannot call this, since both of them have amazing advantages going for them. However, only one of them has a slight (slight, but still present) disadvantage.

The moment Lex Luthor takes the Joker for granted, using his belief that he has all sorts of tech (as some are, well ...correctly, saying) and that will protect him from a 'clown,' then he will die.

Because, while Lex can easily come up with an Apokoliptan battlesuit, the Joker is someone who could just show up with Doomsday or Kal (controlled in more or less the way Ivy was doing it) ....or against all odds, show up by your bedside with a bread knife and ill intent ....

This was a better thread than most people were giving it credit for, by the way.

psycho gundam
punisher would ace em' both shifty

george '06
Originally posted by spetznaz
This is actually trickier than most people are giving it credit for, and a very good thread to be honest.

You have Lex Luthor, a machiavellian adept who is the guy you find under the definition on nietzchean malevolent (Friedrich Nietzche must have had a far flung vision of future DC comics depicting Lex when he started writing his philosophies ....even though that was long before there was anything like DC comics).

Lex is not only INCREDIBLY brilliant, but he has access to a very diversified array of resources (Lex actually has the most diversified resource base for HUMANS in comics, ranging from high tech Earth technology, to various alien tech suites, to even fourth dimension technology from Apokolips). He also has the sheer strength of will to be able to pull through against vast odds, which is why even though he is a human he is a challenge to the gods (i.e. Superman and others).

However, the Joker is not a funny man in a clown suit.

The guy is also amazingly bright (by some measures as bright, if not more, than Bruce Wayne), and you could characterize his madness as super-intelligence run amok (it was insinuated once that that was what it was).

While Lex is able, through pure force of will and resources, to get almost anything done; the Joker is also able to do the same, but unlike Lex's machiavellian approach of guile and subterfuge, ol' Joker uses an obtuse string of far-flung stratagems that seem stupid, at first, but in the end come together in a brilliant manner.

Let me put it this way ....if I was Lex i would NOT want to nuke where I BELIEVED the Joker to be. The reason is, I would not be able to confirm if the Joker is actually dead (since everything would be vaporized) ....I would rather have a situation where i see the cold body of the Joker, not a tepid belief that the Joker was SUPPOSED to be within the mile-wide area that i just nuked.

The reason is taking the Joker for granted is an easy way to get killed.

Who would win?

I honestly cannot call this, since both of them have amazing advantages going for them. However, only one of them has a slight (slight, but still present) disadvantage.

The moment Lex Luthor takes the Joker for granted, using his belief that he has all sorts of tech (as some are, well ...correctly, saying) and that will protect him from a 'clown,' then he will die.

Because, while Lex can easily come up with an Apokoliptan battlesuit, the Joker is someone who could just show up with Doomsday or Kal (controlled in more or less the way Ivy was doing it) ....or against all odds, show up by your bedside with a bread knife and ill intent ....

This was a better thread than most people were giving it credit for, by the way.
i agree that itd be a good fight but the differnece is that that apokaliptan battle suit is always there for lex
jokers shances of finding something to counter that are slim, his chances of getting ahold of doomsday or superman arent likely, its not like he has them always ready to go

BlackZero30x
imo luther and joker are both pretty awesome but overall luther is comeing out the victor.....honestly luther might make joker believe hes giveing him a peace offering or something to that nature but then.............BOOM..........it was just a trap....lex could set him up for death or even to make himself look good in the public eye he may set joker up for jail...depending on the situation. Joker would not put a plan together like that because with joker he does'ent really have an order and his plans cant go as big scale as luthers because of the connection and money diffrence.

and just a random question...does anyone know has it ever been said what luthers intalect level is?

batdude123
jokers a glorified street leveler

And what the f*ck do you think Lex is? haermm

Starscream M
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
honestly luther might make joker believe hes giveing him a peace offering or something to that nature but then.............BOOM..........it was just a trap....

it's more likely that Joker makes Lex believe that Lex was tricking Joker into accepting a peace treaty and then faking his death in the bomb and then catching Lex when he least expects it

Allankles
And what the f*ck do you think Lex is? haermm

Lex is not a street leveler, glorified or otherwise.

batdude123
Originally posted by Allankles
Lex is not a street leveler, glorified or otherwise.

barker

Yes he is.

occultdestroyer
barker

Yes he is. blink

george '06
barker

Yes he is.
no hes at least meta, whatever ironman is

batdude123
blink

no hes at least meta, whatever ironman is

crylaugh

Lex Luthor vs. Iron Man. No prep. Who wins? smile

george '06
w/ his warsuit?

batdude123
No prep. And considering his war suit isn't standard gear... smile

See what I mean?

george '06
it is when hes going to a fight

Da Joker
Luthor at got nothing on Joker, he loses this fight with & without prep.

batdude123
it is when hes going to a fight

It's Luthor... a human being... with no prep. Lex is a street leveler unless you give him prep. Period. That's why I found the statement of "Joker being a glorified street leveler" to be hilarious because it goes both ways.

And in any case... how man times has Luthor used the war suit on panel? A few times, AT MOST... erm

george '06
tonys a human too, so by that logic, a duy with a heart that could fail anytime vs. luthor whos in perfect physical condition

xmarksthespot
"Iron Man" is Iron Man.

"Lex Luthor" is not Lex Luthor w/War Suit.

batdude123
tonys a human too, so by that logic, a duy with a heart that could fail anytime vs. luthor whos in perfect physical condition

Iron Man is Tony's basic gear. Lex has used the war suit a few times, at most.

Lex. Is. Street. Level. no expression

Iron Man is Iron Man.

Lex Luthor is not Lex Luthor w/War Suit.

^^^

Galan007
heh. what did the 5 fingers say to the face?

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6053/j1qy8.th.jpg

SLAP!

a duy with a heart that could fail anytime vs. luthor whos in perfect physical condition tony has a new heart now. thanks extremis. thumb up

george '06
Originally posted by Galan007
heh. what did the 5 fingers say to the face?

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6053/j1qy8.th.jpg

tony has a new heart now. thanks extremis. thumb up
no prep involoved there
this is with prep time

Galan007
no prep involoved there
this is with prep time since the thread starter never specified any amount of prep time - by forum rules we must revert back to the "no prep time in a standard match" track of thought, no?

george '06
they're not starting .5 km apart from each other

they start in their own headquarters, so Joker would be in Gotham and Lex would be in Metropolis.

george '06
Of course there's prep. .

Galan007
the fact that they each start in different locations, certainly doesn't imply any specific amount of prep time. or would you rather guess-timate how much prep you think they each have?

and batdude didn't make this thread. so that post of his means nothing. peaches

george '06
i posted tose in the wrong order, so starscream m's post was in reference to batdudes, check page 3 of this thread

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
the fact that they each start in different locations, certainly doesn't imply any specific amount of prep time. or would you rather guess-timate how much prep you think they each have?

and batdude didn't make this thread. so that post of his means nothing. peaches yeah, I didn't specify preptime...they basically start plotting to kill each other starting on the same day

Galan007
yeah, I didn't specify preptime...they basically start plotting to kill each other starting on the same day cool.

george '06
yeah, I didn't specify preptime...they basically start plotting to kill each other starting on the same day
so whoever acts first?

Starscream M
so whoever acts first? well, they have to be successful as well...

george '06
well, they have to be successful as well...
yeah thats what i meant

Allankles
Iron Man is Tony's basic gear. Lex has used the war suit a few times, at most.

Lex. Is. Street. Level. no expression

^^^

I think the part you're a missing is that with his intelligence and resources he's not a street leveler. All things considered Joker remains a street leveler while Luthor with his power and resources is more than just a street leveler.

george '06
I think the part you're a missing is that with his intelligence and resources he's not a street leveler. All things considered Joker remains a street leveler while Luthor with his power and resources is more than just a street leveler.
yup

xmarksthespot
Batman has power, intelligence and resources... and is still street level. He only becomes Batgod with prep.

george '06
THIS FIGHT HAS PREP, WHAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?

Luthor w/ prep sodomizes joker senselessly for hours on end, then shoots him in the back of the head

xmarksthespot
Unlikely. Lex Luthor has already declared war on Joker once before, and for all intents and purposes lost. This fight can go either way.

You ask what Joker waltzed into the Pentagon to retrieve. I tell you Doomsday. You ignore it and continue with "LUTTRHOR OWNZORZZX TEH JOKERRR!!!"

I post a Jokerized Lex. You ask what Joker on a train with two henchman is supposed to mean. Then continue with "LUTTRHOR OWNZORZZX TEH JOKERRR!!!"

What a waste of time.

Also that doesn't change that Luthor is in essence a street leveler. A rich street leveler, but a street leveler.

Green Arrow is a billionaire too. And held elected office. So? Still street level.

george '06
Unlikely. Lex Luthor has already declared war on Joker once before, and for all intents and purposes lost. This fight can go either way.

You ask what Joker waltzed into the Pentagon to retrieve. I tell you Doomsday. You ignore it and continue with "LUTTRHOR OWNZORZZX TEH JOKERRR!!!"

I post a Jokerized Lex. You ask what Joker on a train with two henchman is supposed to mean. Then continue with "LUTTRHOR OWNZORZZX TEH JOKERRR!!!"

What a waste of time.

Also that doesn't change that Luthor is in essence a street leveler. A rich street leveler, but a street leveler.

Green Arrow is a billionaire too. And held elected office. So? Still street level.
doomsdays not something joker regularly has at his disposal
luthors got all his stuff in a basement under his office

yes i do fell like a dumbass for the jokerized luthor thing, wasnt sure what that was
Green arrow might have the money but he doesn't have the capabilities because his gimmick doesnt allow for that

Starscream M
doomsdays not something joker regularly has at his disposal
luthors got all his stuff in a basement under his office

yes i do fell like a dumbass for the jokerized luthor thing, wasnt sure what that was
Green arrow might have the money but he doesn't have the capabilities because his gimmick doesnt allow for that let me ask you a question:

why do you think Joker is batman's toughest and deadliest enemy....despite your claims that he has little resources or abilities?

george '06
he has resurces, not anywhere near luthors though

TricksterPriest
Joker was able to kidnap Luthor in the middle of New York when Luthor was Prez. Do you know how he did it? By having Grodd lead an army of Gorillas to attack the city. Why was Grodd helping provide a distraction? Because Joker sent a plague on his people, which even the Gorilla-city scientists couldn't cure. It was going to wipe out an entire species, had they not helped Joker.

Joker had Luthor for at least an hour or two all to himself while the Outsiders and Secret Service tried to stop Grodd.

Starscream M
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Joker was able to kidnap Luthor in the middle of New York when Luthor was Prez. Do you know how he did it? By having Grodd lead an army of Gorillas to attack the city. Why was Grodd helping provide a distraction? Because Joker sent a plague on his people, which even the Gorilla-city scientists couldn't cure. It was going to wipe out an entire species, had they not helped Joker.

Joker had Luthor for at least an hour or two all to himself while the Outsiders and Secret Service tried to stop Grodd. hahaha that's amazing

janus77

Joker had Luthor for at least an hour or two all to himself while the Outsiders and Secret Service tried to stop Grodd.
awesome stuff yes

Joker FTW

Allankles

That really doesn't apply in this fight. As president, Luthor was a very public figure, he was not in his usual position of mega businessman, scientist and all round criminal mastermind.

For a shadowy figure like the Joker it would be easy for him to take advantage of Luthor's vulnerability as a public figure i.e. being president made Luthor an easier target than he might have been had he been in his usual position. This battle suggests a much different scenario both are on the same wavelength so the Joker isn't the only one with the element of surprise/unpredictability.

occultdestroyer
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/555145/EmperorJokerPage38.jpg.html

Allankles
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/555145/EmperorJokerPage38.jpg.html

Wut?! "I am Lex God damned Luthor. I raise my voice, and Satan himself is on bended knee. I am the leader of the free world, you impotent little psychotic. I've had the most powerful beings on this or any planet gunning for me for years, and you think you're going to scare me."

Oh and by the way Emperor Joker doesn't count here. He had reality manipulating powers, that's not his normal version and didn't Supes defeat him or something in that story arch?

occultdestroyer
Wut?! "I am Lex God damned Luthor. I raise my voice, and Satan himself is on bended knee. I am the leader of the free world, you impotent little psychotic. I've had the most powerful beings on this or any planet gunning for me for years, and you think you're going to scare me."

Oh and by the way Emperor Joker doesn't count here. He had reality manipulating powers, that's not his normal version and didn't Supes defeat him or something in that story arch?
Doesn't change the fact that Joker would do the same to Luthor in this situation.

He'll likely bombard LexCorps with Joker Venom while Luthor is unaware, and just walk inside and give a point-blank headshot to Luthor.

occultdestroyer
We have provided you with on-panel proof that Joker can beat Lex in his best day.

2 on-panel pics showed Joker pwning Lex.
(jokerized Lex in Last Laugh, headshot in EJ)

Yet you Luthor fangirls have not provided a shred of evidence to support your claims.

Joker omfgwtfpwns Lex Luthor
unless proven otherwise.

Allankles
Doesn't change the fact that Joker would do the same to Luthor in this situation.

He'll likely bombard LexCorps with Joker Venom while Luthor is unaware, and just walk inside and give a point-blank headshot to Luthor.

Oh! It does, in this case Luthor is actually prepared and preparing for the Joker on the same day the Joker is preparing for him.

Luthor's resources extend his the reach of his influence far more quickly and efficiently than Joker's influence. So Luthor is likely to hit at the Joker or gather information on the Joker more quickly and he has the sheer strength of his tech to protect him when his best laid plans don't work out, Joker isn't in the same position.

spidey-dude
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/569/sr6p09uo1tn2.jpg

Allankles
We have provided you with on-panel proof that Joker can beat Lex in his best day.

2 on-panel pics showed Joker pwning Lex.
(jokerized Lex in Last Laugh, headshot in EJ)

Yet you Luthor fangirls have not provided a shred of evidence to support your claims.

Joker omfgwtfpwns Lex Luthor
unless proven otherwise.

Emperor Joker is not proof, remember he had Myx's power, not his own? And Joker getting at Luthor when he's president? When he has responsibilities that extend beyond taking care of a full time anarchist criminal? When he doesn't have the protection of Lex Corp' defenses and technologies? He only had the secret service protecting him while he was in public office, many street levelers could have gotten to him in that position.

And in the comics, Luthor doesn't respect or care for the Joker (in this fight he's actually focused on the Joker alone). And as someone pointed out Luthor has always been the one leading the Joker in their villain teams, he even recruited him in some comics i.e. Joker has often been portrayed as the follower when it comes to Luthor.

Anyway, this is a fair fight, (at least as far their positions and prep time is concerned) in this scenario the Joker is the most likely to lose.

xmarksthespot
Joker has never really followed Luthor. I'm assuming you're referring to Rock of Ages, where at the end of it Joker pulls the switcheroo on everyone and winds up with the Worlogog. And figures out how to use it quite immediately, something Luthor had months to do.

And discounting the Jokerised President Luthor because he was the President... is a cop-out. Luthor with the resources of the United States military at his disposal declared war on the Joker... and lost. Simple as that.

I see people basically referring to Luthor's resources while ignoring Joker's resourcefulness.

Again.. this fight is a toss-up.

occultdestroyer
Emperor Joker is not proof, remember he had Myx's power, not his own? And Joker getting at Luthor when he's president? When he has responsibilities that extend beyond taking care of a full time anarchist criminal? When he doesn't have the protection of Lex Corp' defenses and technologies? He only had the secret service protecting him while he was in public office, many street levelers could have gotten to him in that position.

And in the comics, Luthor doesn't respect or care for the Joker (in this fight he's actually focused on the Joker alone). And as someone pointed out Luthor has always been the one leading the Joker in their villain teams, he even recruited him in some comics i.e. Joker has often been portrayed as the follower when it comes to Luthor.

Anyway, this is a fair fight, (at least as far their positions and prep time is concerned) in this scenario the Joker is the most likely to lose.
On-panel evidence > your opinion

occultdestroyer
bump

Allankles

And discounting the Jokerised President Luthor because he was the President... is a cop-out. Luthor with the resources of the United States military at his disposal declared war on the Joker... and lost. Simple as that.

How is it a cop out when he left the responsibility of handling the Joker entirely to other people?

In this scenario Luthor has direct input and power over his resources in handling the Joker. He's not a president who merely makes declarations. He's in his full blown role as criminal mastermind/scientist here. Luthor takes it 7/10 at least.

occultdestroyer
How is it a cop out when he left the responsibility of handling the Joker entirely to other people?

In this scenario Luthor has direct input and power over his resources in handling the Joker. He's not a president who merely makes declarations. He's in his full blown role as criminal mastermind/scientist here. Luthor takes it 7/10 at least.
Just because he's president, he no longer is much of a threat than he was before he was president??

That's no excuse, considering the fact that him being president gives him more power and control over the military and secret government agencies = more resources.
Come again.

PS: The events which took place in Last Laugh and EJ should not be disregarded. Those were merits for Joker.
Joker's punked Lex in two different occasions, both considered as CANON BTW.

Allankles
Just because he's president, he no longer is much of a threat than he was before he was president??

That's no excuse, considering the fact that him being president gives him more power and control over the military and secret government agencies = more resources.
Come again.

PS: The events which took place in Last Laugh and EJ should not be disregarded. Those were merits for Joker.
Joker's punked Lex in two different occasions, both considered as CANON BTW.

As President, Luthor actually has less power, and is less dangerous. His actions are far more restricted, and he is under constant scrutiny from more than just Superman and the JL. He is susceptible to impeachment if his actions threaten the well being of his government, he's not ruling in a dictatorship remember.

Beyond that in Last Laugh as President, Luthor wasn't masterminding the destruction of Joker, he could only essentially put a bounty on the Joker's head, he didn't mastermind anything there, he was a sitting duck because he had to perform his major role in public office, in this fight he isn't under those kind of restrictions, or distractions.

We know Luthor is a genius, and Joker is very cunning. So at least we know both can be master strategists, the difference is that Luthor's influence in his universe is greater than Joker's, he has more power, resources, technical skills you name it, not to mention he is very resourceful as well, he has built himself back up from scratch plenty of times with ambitious schemes.

My argument is simply that Luthor should win more often than not.

EDIT: Oh yeah! And Luthor rebuilt Gotham, he has plenty of influence in that city as well.

occultdestroyer

My argument is simply that Luthor should win more often than not.

FAIL.
Come again when you have a better argument.

The burden of proof is with you.
On-panel evidence >>> your opinions

Allankles
FAIL.
Come again when you have a better argument.

The burden of proof is with you.
On-panel evidence >>> your opinions

That's the point there is no on panel evidence that Joker takes this. He strong arms gorillas to get at Lex? Lex wasn't masterminding Jokers demise at that time, while the Joker had the freedom to set up President Luthors kidnapping: that doesn't apply in this scenario.

Emperor Joker? He has Myx's power: doesn't apply. Until you can give on panel evidence that applies to the scenario drawn up here by the thread starter, you have to go by logic: Luthor is a strategist, Luthor is resourceful, Luthor has the overwhelming edge in power and resources, therefore Luthor most likely wins. You'd have to be reaching to have it the other way.

Luthor is a genius with far greater resources, there's no way Joker would take a majority. You'd have to think up the more improbable scenarios to have Joker winning this.

The only thing on panel is that Joker can beat Luthor h2h, and even then it was a pretty even fight.

occultdestroyer
That's the point there is no on panel evidence that Joker takes this. He strong arms gorillas to get at Lex? Lex wasn't masterminding Jokers demise at that time, while the Joker had the freedom to set up President Luthors kidnapping: that doesn't apply in this scenario.

Emperor Joker? He has Myx's power: doesn't apply. Until you can give on panel evidence that applies to the scenario drawn up here by the thread starter, you have to go by logic: Luthor is a strategist, Luthor is resourceful, Luthor has the overwhelming edge in power and resources, therefore Luthor most likely wins. You'd have to be reaching to have it the other way.

Luthor is a genius with far greater resources, there's no way Joker would take a majority. You'd have to think up the more improbable scenarios to have Joker winning this.

The only thing on panel is that Joker can beat Luthor h2h, and even then it was a pretty even fight.
The fact that Joker has defeated Lex (doesn't matter what issue or when or how) in two different occasions means jackshit to you??

What evidence do you have to claim that Lex Luthor wins against Joker?
Scans please. You can't just go blabbering about utter nonsense without anything to back your claims.

Joker has faced and overpowered adversaries far smarter and more dangerous than Lex.

kgkg
hate to say it but Lex wins....

george '06
The fact that Joker has defeated Lex (doesn't matter what issue or when or how) in two different occasions means jackshit to you??

What evidence do you have to claim that Lex Luthor wins against Joker?
Scans please. You can't just go blabbering about utter nonsense without anything to back your claims.

Joker has faced and overpowered adversaries far smarter and more dangerous than Lex.
and yet he regularly takes an ass whipping from batman, so obviously, hes not the genius you say he is

kgkg
and yet he regularly takes an ass whipping from batman, so obviously, hes not the genius you say he is I don't see how loosing to batman as an indication of jokers intelligence especially when batman is considered to be one of the smartest heroes in DC.

zeel
joker's actually smarter than lex

No everyone will vote joker due to the fact the batman movie was a hit and the joker was the star of the show.

Lex is smart then the joker, but the joker is more sadistic.

george '06
Originally posted by kgkg
I don't see how loosing to batman as an indication of jokers intelligence especially when batman is considered to be one of the smartest heroes in DC.
because batmans nowhere near lex's operating level, a street leveler consistently beats joker

batdude123
because batmans nowhere near lex's operating level, a street leveler consistently beats joker

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/jollyandruwhw2wi9uj7.gif

occultdestroyer
bumpy

Juntai
because batmans nowhere near lex's operating level, a street leveler consistently beats joker Bruce has beaten Lex a number of times too.

occultdestroyer
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.