The Dark Knight takes #1 Movie of All Time on IMDB

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
Well Worth it... Check IMDB..

vincent

BackFire
Ugh.

Great movie, but come on. Just shows why IMDB is such a joke.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by BackFire
Ugh.

Great movie, but come on. Just shows why IMDB is such a joke.

It was better then The Shawshank redemption, and more entertaining then the Godfather. It's a vote system by those who see movies.

SelinaAndBruce
I think it'll die down in a bit.

WrathfulDwarf
#1 at IMDB?

Pffft!

The Dark Knight is beyond #1. batman

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
#1 at IMDB?

Pffft!

Yes I agree

Bat Dude
#1 at IMDB?

Pffft!

Wow, I was right...

Overrating, much?

Godfather > Dark Knight

'nuff said...

But an awesome movie, nonetheless...

Kazenji
Dark Knight > Godfather Imo

and yes i have tried to watch Godfather just was'nt my thing.

SelinaAndBruce
I think once the hype of the Dark Knight dies down that it will come down on the IMDB ranking. That or angry fangirls and boys of other stuff will sink it out of outrage at the idea of it being number 1.

=Tired Hiker=
This movie did open in more theaters on more screens than any movie I can ever remember, plus they ran showings of it all night long, at least here in Vegas. So no wonder it made so much money.

As far as liking it, I enjoyed it. I thought Heath Ledger stole the show. For the rest of the film, it was slow at times, the action was okay with only a few surprises. I thought some of the Joker's antics were very clever, like I said, Ledger stole the show. I gotta say, I don't really like Christian Bale as Batman. I think he looks like a recovered alcoholic who is going through withdrawal, and I can't stand his deep Batman voice, it always annoys me and it takes me out of the escape of watching a movie I want to lose myself in.

All in all, it was a good movie, I think it should have been called 'Two Face' though, since it really was about him.

ScarletSpeed
plus it hasn't even came out in Britain yetno expression

Micheal_Myers
The Godfather is good, but seriously, if you ask me...its the movie thats overated. You want my honest oppinion? I really think Dark Knight is the greatest movie I have ever seen.

Devil King
Originally posted by Kazenji
Dark Knight > Godfather Imo

and yes i have tried to watch Godfather just was'nt my thing.

Then perhps you should have stated your opinion correcty.

The Dark Knight was excellent. I saw it on Thursday afternoon because I know a guy. But it was was it was. It is one of the best films this year, but it wasn't meant to be anything other than what it was. I could be right but there with a lot of people who have reviewed it if it weren't for the rating system here in America. I loved every minute of this movie, but I sat there for 2 and 1/2 hours thinking this movie held back. And why did it hold back? Because it needed to come in under the PG-13 rating that this panty-waste country feels a need to honour. This movie should have been rated R. **** the children. If this movie would have been what it should have been, then it's worth their sacrifice. This movie played out like a comic book and I have no doubt tht many non-comic fans decided to attribute that to some measure of lacking in this film. But it was spot on in every sense of it's original material. The Joker was beyond expectation, Batman was great, the supporting cast was awesome, and even Rachel Dawes got what she deserved. This was an excellent movie, but I'm affraid non-comic fans will be left confused. (They can't help but feel a litle jilted by the non-sequitor movement from one scene to the next) I've read the stories, I've read the graphic novels and I'v read the comics and Novels. I'm just affraid the casual movie-goer will be left somewhat in the dark. (Which is fine since Begins was written in the same fashion.) I loved this movie, I loved the Joker (which I've been raving about for months) and I loved Batman. I just hope the average movie-goer is willing to apply the logic of this movie to his/her casual understanding of The Batman.

And if they don't: **** them. This movie was beyond awesome.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Devil King

The Dark Knight was excellent. I saw it on Thursday afternoon because I know a guy. But it was was it was. It is one of the best films this year, but it wasn't meant to be anything other than what it was. I could be right but there with a lot of people who have reviewed it if it weren't for the rating system here in America. I loved every minute of this movie, but I sat there for 2 and 1/2 hours thinking this movie held back. And why did it hold back? Because it needed to come in under the PG-13 rating that this panty-waste country feels a need to honour. This movie should have been rated R. **** the children. If this movie would have been what it should have been, then it's worth their sacrifice. This movie played out like a comic book and I have no doubt tht many non-comic fans decided to attribute that to some measure of lacking in this film. But it was spot on in every sense of it's original material. The Joker was beyond expectation, Batman was great, the supporting cast was awesome, and even Rachel Dawes got what she deserved. This was an excellent movie, but I'm affraid non-comic fans will be left confused. (They can't help but feel a litle jilted by the non-sequitor movement from one scene to the next) I've read the stories, I've read the graphic novels and I'v read the comics and Novels. I'm just affraid the casual movie-goer will be left somewhat in the dark. (Which is fine since Begins was written in the same fashion.) I loved this movie, I loved the Joker (which I've been raving about for months) and I loved Batman. I just hope the average movie-goer is willing to apply the logic of this movie to his/her casual understanding of The Batman.

And if they don't: **** them. This movie was beyond awesome.

I agree this movie should have been rated R. I wanted to see the Joker slice people's faces, I wanted to see people get blasted by shot guns, I wanted to see Rachael blown to pieces. Every time they showed a gun fire without showing what damage it did, it took me out of escapism mode. That was one of my problems with this movie, it did not flow as well as it could have if it weren't trying to abide by a PG-13 rating. Don't get me wrong, I know leaving some things to the imagination is a good thing for some movies, but in this case it didn't work for me.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Wow, I was right...

Overrating, much?

Not really...The Godfather has been overrated for many years...I don't think it will hurt it if TDK borrow the spotlight for awhile.

The only people left in the dark will the ones not paying attention to the story. Much like other movies that require to pay close attention, TDK keeps the suspense and surprise well hidden so that even those who think have figure out the next move get caught off guard. The film isn't complicated as the Original Matrix...or even confusing as Mission Impossible.

BackFire
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
It was better then The Shawshank redemption, and more entertaining then the Godfather. It's a vote system by those who see movies.

Absolutely not better than Shawshank. It should be somewhere in the top 50 maybe. Not even the best film this year, I think.

To call it the best film ever after it's only been out for 2 days is ridiculous.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Devil King

What are you on about i did roll eyes (sarcastic)

Vinny Valentine
Absolutely not better than Shawshank. It should be somewhere in the top 50 maybe. Not even the best film this year, I think.

To call it the best film ever after it's only been out for 2 days is ridiculous.

Opinions are opinions.

Shawshank is one of my favorite movies, but I truly believe this movie trumped it.. And Apparently over 24 thousand other people do too.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
And Apparently over 24 thousand other people do too.

laughing

Maybe you've got a point... shifty

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by dadudemon
laughing

Maybe you've got a point... shifty

It got a 97% On Rotten Tomatoes too *nods*

BackFire
And it got an 82 on Metacritic, which is less whacky and more reasonable.

And 24 thousand people don't necessarily think it topped Shawshank, do they? How on earth did you come up with that? Do all the people who voted for Dark Knight think it's better than Shawshank? That's not how IMDB works.

We'll see if in 10 years Dark Knight is considered anywhere near Shawshank, it won't. Dark Knight will drop a bit when the hype dies down.

Vinny Valentine

And 24 thousand people don't necessarily think it topped Shawshank, do they? How on earth did you come up with that? Do all the people who voted for Dark Knight think it's better than Shawshank? That's not how IMDB works.

We'll see if in 10 years Dark Knight is considered anywhere near Shawshank, it won't. Dark Knight will drop a bit when the hype dies down.

It will not drop below 5, which if you think about it, is still remarkable.

Impediment
IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes are overrated and pompous.

The Dark Knight is an amazing film, but not the greatest film ever made, IMO.

SelinaAndBruce
^^^But right now in the opinion of the majority of the users it is. So that's fine. At some point it will probably drop

Plutonic_Hat90
IMDBs ratings are actually usually lower than what they should be IMO. And its ratingg for TDK will definetely drop somewhere below the 9s within a week or two. I mean come on, when The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull came out it had a 9.2 on IMDB and now its down to a 7

WrathfulDwarf
I personally think M by Fritz Lang shits all over Shawshank Redemption and the Godfather. You guys don't agree? deal with it.

Go see where M is rated at IMDB. Nowhere near the other two. Why? because the other two were product of Hollywood extravangaza. That's what IMDB is all about. Popular movies get the top spot. Rarely does the quality ever gets it's fair spot.

So yes, TDK punching out both Shankshaw and the Godfather.....serves them right! No one was bitching about Shankshaw or Godfather been on top for years. It was like that for years whereas unknowns masterpieces got snub. Oh, but heavens forbides someone says something critical about the Godfather or that overrated prison movie. Because we all know..."Hooray for Hollywood!"

Vinny Valentine
I personally think M by Fritz Lang shits all over Shawshank Redemption and the Godfather. You guys don't agree? deal with it.

Go see where M is rated at IMDB. Nowhere near the other two. Why? because the other two were product of Hollywood extravangaza. That's what IMDB is all about. Popular movies get the top spot. Rarely does the quality ever gets it's fair spot.

So yes, TDK punching out both Shankshaw and the Godfather.....serves them right! No one was bitching about Shankshaw or Godfather been on top for years. It was like that for years whereas unknowns masterpieces got snub. Oh, but heavens forbides someone says something critical about the Godfather or that overrated prison movie. Because we all know..."Hooray for Hollywood!"

I want to carry your babies.

Bat Dude

The Dark Knight is more of a "Hollywood Extravaganza" than Godfather was... There were no huge building destroying explosions in Godfather... There were no high speed chases in Godfather... There were no huge special effects in Godfather...

Godfather was about family, honor, respect, and the transformation of Michael Corleone...

Godfather beats The Dark Knight, and that is my honest opinion... That doesn't mean I don't like The Dark Knight, because I love it, it's the best comic book film to date, but it's no where near Godfather or Goodfellas, imo...

WrathfulDwarf

Godfather beats The Dark Knight, and that is my honest opinion... That doesn't mean I don't like The Dark Knight, because I love it, it's the best comic book film to date, but it's no where near Godfather or Goodfellas, imo...

That's fine! you think it does...is all fine with me.

I see it as poetic justice. The Godfather a product of hollywood gets dethrone by another product of hollywood. TDK did justice here.

My point is that The Godfather fans at imdb have nothing to be bitchin about. Godfather held the top spot while other great movies got snub for not getting popular. Such is with Lang's M or Battleship Potemkin.

BackFire

I think there are a number of movies better than both of those movies as well. Paths of Glory is to me what M is to you, a film that I think should be number 2 (behind only Cuckoo's Nest). You'll hear no complaints out of me simply because Godfather and Shawshank are knocked down a peg, the problem is this Dark Knight - a ridiculously overrated comic book movie, almost to the point of self satire - should absolutely not be the one to do it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

DanZeke25

I love Shawshank, but since I like actions movies more so TDK takes it. And I don't understand why how long the movies been out means anything? I saw the movie, and of the movies I saw it's one of the best. It doesn't matter if the movie has been out for 3 hours, I still saw it and I am putting it up there with my other favorite movies.

Plus, you like Horror movies, which IMO haven't been good in like 12 years. So our opinions on most movies are likely to differ a lot.

ScarletSpeed

Shankshawlaughing

BackFire
Originally posted by DanZeke25
I love Shawshank, but since I like actions movies more so TDK takes it. And I don't understand why how long the movies been out means anything? I saw the movie, and of the movies I saw it's one of the best. It doesn't matter if the movie has been out for 3 hours, I still saw it and I am putting it up there with my other favorite movies.

Plus, you like Horror movies, which IMO haven't been good in like 12 years. So our opinions on most movies are likely to differ a lot.

The amount of time a movie has been it matters because it shows staying power. It has to do with if the movie is as good on the second viewing, if the movie ages well, how people feel about once the hype has died down and they watch it with a more level head. All that has to do with the amount of time a film has been out. If a movie has been out for 10 years and people still love it and talk about it, then it's worthy of the hype it received. If not, then it shows that it was just another flavor of the month.

Most mainstream horror films are shit. There are good ones out there, just gotta look for them.

Juntai
The current Batman franchise makes the whole 'superhero movie' genre seem campy and awful by comparison. Every last one of them.

SelinaAndBruce
Juntai I agree. Iron Man was good but I can't even think to put it in the same league as The Dark Knight

But I am thoroughly happy about that because I always felt like Batman was a step above all the other heroes anyway

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
Juntai I agree. Iron Man was good but I can't even think to put it in the same league as The Dark Knight

But I am thoroughly happy about that because I always felt like Batman was a step above all the other heroes anyway

QFT

Vinny Valentine
70 Thousand more votes, and it still stands strong.

BigRed
I just find the irony hilarious.

People complain that modern movies suck because they aren't original anymore and are remakes or what have you. That Hollywood needs to do better. But then when a movie comes out that can be considered great in the modern times, people suddenly become afraid that it will be seen in the same light as the 'classics'. As if, The Dark Knight will make movies like Godfather and Goodfellas obsolete.

Whatever.

TheGame17
Wow, I was right...

Overrating, much?

Godfather > Dark Knight

'nuff said...

But an awesome movie, nonetheless...

.................... How exactly is it better?....

TheGame17

why don't we compare shawshank and dark knight rite now?
How is this "Shawshank" a better movie?.....

TheGame17
TDK isn't the best movie of all time, but definately in the top 10 or top 20.

I think it's definately the best comic movie ever IMO>...

WrathfulDwarf
I think there are a number of movies better than both of those movies as well. Paths of Glory is to me what M is to you, a film that I think should be number 2 (behind only Cuckoo's Nest). You'll hear no complaints out of me simply because Godfather and Shawshank are knocked down a peg, the problem is this Dark Knight - a ridiculously overrated comic book movie, almost to the point of self satire - should absolutely not be the one to do it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Huh?! Not the one to do it? That's simply baffling. It's a movie just like any other why shouldn't it be given it's right do?

Two wrongs don't make a right? Who gave IMDB the right to crown The Godfather and Shawskank (yes, I spell it wrong intentionally) number one? You? Me? Everyone. People voted. It's a democracy. Simple as that...sorry BF but if you want it otherwise then move to communist china.

What an atrocious form of thinking...then why not give it to all Charles Chaplin or Buster Keaton movies then? They been known for ages and certainly known were here before IMDB was establish. If you want to talk about seniority you're picking the wrong side with Shankshaw and The Godfather. Again, who gave IMDB such powers? You? Me?...oh you know the rest.

For all these Brouhaha here...how does The Dark Knight even damage the reputation of The Godfather or Shankyshawhawhee? Because IMDB move it to #1? OH NOEZ! Call the President! Send the Marines! The sky is falling. The Dark Knight takes NOTHING away from those films. It certainly doesn't change their stories in any way possible. They're still good films. Rather than spying and trying gossip why not welcome the new neighbor? That's seems the logical thing to do.

Instead of blowing steam people should be happy they're getting what is consider a "modern classic" a film that surpases it's own genre and delivers an excellent story of justice, mayhem, and human life in our current times.

Blax_Hydralisk
ugh... how overrated. roll eyes (sarcastic) I've seen the movie twice now, and I can say that I think it has the potential to be best movie of the year, and that Ledger should get an Oscar, it wasn't all that great of a movie. erm

IMO, it was too busy and in a movie called Batman, the main character, Batman, shouldn't get completely upstaged by a supporting main character. Seriously, Christian Bale's acting was stiff, boring, and utterly unemotional compared to... pretty much everyone else's. I watched it the second time in IMAX, and at the near end of the movie, people started booing when Batman gave his little speech about how "the people" of Gotham showed this and took a stand and showed that. Because it was just so stiff and boring compared to all the other awesome diologue that had been said in the movie up to that point. I understand that the Joker's personality is a lot more charismatic and has more pazaz then Bruce's so it's expected to be less boring, but c'mon. erm

So meh. I thought the movie was excellently done, but nowhere near even the top ten best movies of all time, and not even the best comic book movie. For me that's tied between Iron Man and Spiderman 2.

Outbound
Just got back from my second viewing. I think it deserves all the money and attention its getting because the movie is top notch, but after seeing it after the hype, I cant place it as the best movie ever, definitely best movie this year, but not on a grand scale compared to every other movie ever made.

I liked Joker's progression from 'average' guy in a suit for the bank job, to buying some better clothes after the bank job, having the mob hire him and finally taking over/destroying their money/killing the leaders. That connection between Joker and the mob was more interesting to me than any of the other story arcs in the film. The downside to it was that he basically did more to finish up the mob than Batman/Harvey did together. Since the mob are basically the backbone of the movies in the sense that they bought out judges/lawyers/cops etc and are responsible for pretty much all of Gotham's crime, the next movie should be interesting to see whether they still have any impact with most of them being killed off and all their money being destroyed.

As Joker mentioned about a new class of criminal, I'd like to see the next movie expand on that so instead of having gangsters doing it for the money they'd be doing it solely for the corruption and chaos. In my mind I'd want to see someone like Harley Quinn acting as Joker's sidekick while he sits in jail, she'd be responsible for leading the criminals and eventually help Joker break out of jail, where he'd take over again. But this wouldnt happen until about 3/4 of the movie so we arent oversaturated by more of the Joker.

TheGame17
Originally posted by TheGame17
why don't we compare shawshank and dark knight rite now?
How is this "Shawshank" a better movie?.....

TheGame17
Originally posted by TheGame17
....Godfather>Dark Knight?................ How exactly is it better?....

Blax_Hydralisk
Because I liked it more.

QED.

SelinaAndBruce
There is no way that Iron Man is better than this movie in my mind. Iron Man didn't even have a decent villain fight and The Dark Knight made all other comic book movies IMO look like...well comic book movies. The Dark Knight felt like it was a crime drama. You could easily take Batman out and put a detective in his place and wipe the make up off the Joker's face and it could have just been a great crime movie. It was well acted and it had everything in it...well the romance was lacking but still, lol

And you can't say The Dark Knight doesn't deserve to be number 1 on IMDB because it meet the standards required, it was ranked highly by the most people. You might not agree that it is the best movie ever, but as far as IMDB users are concerned, apparently it is to them.

BackFire
Huh?! Not the one to do it? That's simply baffling. It's a movie just like any other why shouldn't it be given it's right do?

Two wrongs don't make a right? Who gave IMDB the right to crown The Godfather and Shawskank (yes, I spell it wrong intentionally) number one? You? Me? Everyone. People voted. It's a democracy. Simple as that...sorry BF but if you want it otherwise then move to communist china.

What an atrocious form of thinking...then why not give it to all Charles Chaplin or Buster Keaton movies then? They been known for ages and certainly known were here before IMDB was establish. If you want to talk about seniority you're picking the wrong side with Shankshaw and The Godfather. Again, who gave IMDB such powers? You? Me?...oh you know the rest.

For all these Brouhaha here...how does The Dark Knight even damage the reputation of The Godfather or Shankyshawhawhee? Because IMDB move it to #1? OH NOEZ! Call the President! Send the Marines! The sky is falling. The Dark Knight takes NOTHING away from those films. It certainly doesn't change their stories in any way possible. They're still good films. Rather than spying and trying gossip why not welcome the new neighbor? That's seems the logical thing to do.

Instead of blowing steam people should be happy they're getting what is consider a "modern classic" a film that surpases it's own genre and delivers an excellent story of justice, mayhem, and human life in our current times.

What's baffling about it? I don't agree that Dark Knight deserves to be number one for the reasons stated. And me saying this, going against popular opinion because I don't happen to agree with it, means I am comparable to a communist? That's a huge amount of idiocy. As if by not agreeing with public opinion you are somehow against democracy. Sadly, I'm not all that surprised that you'd make such a stupid leap of logic.

Why do you have such a problem with me simply saying that I don't agree with Dark Knight being number one on IMDB? Put the fanboy horseshit away if you're going to attempt to debate something, and also actually retort to what I said in a reasonable manner. I liked the film very much, but I don't think it's the best film ever made and the amount of praise it's getting is quite silly.

IMDB didn't crown Shawshank and Godfather great films, they've been considered great films long before IMDB came around, Godfather especially. Whether you or I agree about those two films being great aside, they earned that distinction by being loved by people for decades, and still talked about and cherished by their fans. They didn't come out and mysteriously shoot to the top based on pure hype, it took years before those were actually considered great films. Dark Knight, on the other hand, shot up to number 4 before the movie even came out. If that's not fishy and reeking of blind hype, I don't know what is. In fact, I'm beginning to think that a number of the votes were 'plants' from the studio, since they occurred before the film was actually viewable.

I know you have trouble grasping simple arguments, but I'm shocked that even you had trouble getting my point that a film shouldn't be considered the best film ever made before it's had time to fully sink it. I don't think this idea is particularly controversial, what's wrong with waiting a bit before proclaiming a film the best ever? See how they like it on the second viewing, see if it still has the impact it originally had, see how it ages, and so on. Not an unreasonable idea at all

And only you, WD, would attempt to exaggerate the premise of this idea to the point of ridiculousness by claiming that I'm somehow saying that that means old movies are inherently the best. I said nothing of the sort. Either read more slowly or take a god damn reading comprehension class, it's embarrassing for you and annoying for me when you massively miss my point and exaggerate what I say like that, I don't know if that's some fallacious strategy you do to try and make your opponents argument worse than it is or if you genuinely don't know any better. It matters not, it's obnoxious.

Alpha Centauri
Not just me, then?

I wondered where I'd seen this exact situation before, then realised as it all came flooding back.

I will see The Dark Knight on...August 1st. I expect it to be overrated, simply because to not be, it would have to be the best movie I've ever seen, and it won't be.

-AC

Blax_Hydralisk
There is no way that Iron Man is better than this movie in my mind. Iron Man didn't even have a decent villain fight

I personally preferred Iron Man's fight against the Iron Monger to Batman''s weak ass fight vs. the dogs and Joker. erm

If I wanted to watch a crime drama I'd watch a crime drama. If I want to watch a comic book movie then I'll go see a comic book movie. no expression

Hence why it's not the best comic book movie, though I'm nto saying yuo said that. But people do.

SelinaAndBruce
I loved Iron Man but the Iron Man v Iron Monger fight was extra lame. The best scene in Iron Man was his two show downs in the desert and the "Training exercise". The Iron Monger fight was laughably bad IMO. Even the final fight in the Incredible Hulk was way better than that.

Batman's final showdown was more than just the dogs and the Joker. He fought the SWAT team and saved those hostages on several different floors before he got to the Joker. He and the Joker's showdown was never really a physical one it was more a psychological game for the both of them and that monologue was gold.

But the Dark Knight is the best movie based on a Comic book, I think it's prolly the best reviewed as such on Rotten Tomatoes as well. It made all the other movies based on comic books seem completely juvenile IMO...and I say this as someone who was HIGHLY skeptical of all the praise the movie was receiving at first.

WrathfulDwarf
What's baffling about it? I don't agree that Dark Knight deserves to be number one for the reasons stated. And me saying this, going against popular opinion because I don't happen to agree with it, means I am comparable to a communist? That's a huge amount of idiocy. As if by not agreeing with public opinion you are somehow against democracy. Sadly, I'm not all that surprised that you'd make such a stupid leap of logic.

No, you've missed the point. You were complaining that it didn't deserved to be on top spot with movies like The Godfather and Shaky. I pointed out that imdb runs on a democratic voting system that allows members to cast their votes. Then, I exaggerated (in a comical way) the thing by telling you to move to communist china. Sorry BF, but I think, you're taking this way too seriously. That's even more sad. And you know me...I call it as I see it.

Why do you have such a problem with me simply saying that I don't agree with Dark Knight being number one on IMDB? Put the fanboy horseshit away if you're going to attempt to debate something, and also actually retort to what I said in a reasonable manner. I liked the film very much, but I don't think it's the best film ever made and the amount of praise it's getting is quite silly.

No, YOU put the fanboy horseshit away first. You're the one blowing steam because you see TDK going to the top and stand next to movies like Godfather and Shank. Which pins you as fanboy of those movies. If you were a reasonable as you claim to be you would be like "Oh, geez it's imdb nothing important" You feel IMDB now sucks because of that....yet you ignore the factor that it is voted by their own members. To a fanboy everything sucks or is broken when something else (other than what they love) gets the spotlight.

You like TDK...You like Shawnshank.....good, what's the big deal?

IMDB didn't crown Shawshank and Godfather great films, they've been considered great films long before IMDB came around, Godfather especially. Whether you or I agree about those two films being great aside, they earned that distinction by being loved by people for decades, and still talked about and cherished by their fans. They didn't come out and mysteriously shoot to the top based on pure hype, it took years before those were actually considered great films.

Lies and complete lack of knowledge. Again, I call it as I see BF. As I mention before there are other great films out there that didn't get the top spot.

Why you act like Shawshank is all of the sudden the messiah of prison movies? Give me a break and what a crock of nonsense!

See these films (which I have if you're interested):

Bird man from Alcatraz.
Cool Hand Luke.
Papillon

Those are also great classic films. Why aren't they in the top with Shawshank? they have as much right as Shawshank to be there. Yet they're not in the top spot. They were there before Shawshank was even made. Remenber what I said about seniority? Throw me back that pitch of "love by people by decades"

How many decades have shawshank redemption have gone?

Thank you! Go see the three other films I mention.

I know you have trouble grasping simple arguments, but I'm shocked that even you had trouble getting my point that a film shouldn't be considered the best film ever made before it's had time to fully sink it. I don't think this idea is particularly controversial, what's wrong with waiting a bit before proclaiming a film the best ever? See how they like it on the second viewing, see if it still has the impact it originally had, see how it ages, and so on. Not an unreasonable idea at all

No, and using those childish and lame tactics of trying to belittle the person's reasoning will get you nowhere with me.

And only you, WD, would attempt to exaggerate the premise of this idea to the point of ridiculousness by claiming that I'm somehow saying that that means old movies are inherently the best. I said nothing of the sort. Either read more slowly or take a god damn reading comprehension class, it's embarrassing for you and annoying for me when you massively miss my point and exaggerate what I say like that, I don't know if that's some fallacious strategy you do to try and make your opponents argument worse than it is or if you genuinely don't know any better. It matters not, it's obnoxious.

You been missing the point since page one! You come here and whine about how the IMDB system is broken and is not fair and all that! Why? Because you see Shawshank scale down. So what? Why don't you reason that there have other movies prior to Shawnshank that didn't get their right do. Where was protest for them? where was the outcry for injustice? where...oh you get the idea (I hope!) Either you haven't seen other prison movies in your life or you're just a fanboy for the movie. You're the one with the baby rattle, not me.

And to save the best for last.

Dark Knight, on the other hand, shot up to number 4 before the movie even came out. If that's not fishy and reeking of blind hype, I don't know what is. In fact, I'm beginning to think that a number of the votes were 'plants' from the studio, since they occurred before the film was actually viewable.

In your desperation to make TDK lesser to previous top films of IMDB you now run to conspiracy theory. Congrats BF! You've sunken your foot on the mud so deep that anyone can see your footprints.

I'm going to quote myself again in hopes you and others get the point:

Anyone who takes IMDB top ten films of all time as a hierarchy is seriously a babbling imbecile in my book.

You know me. I call it as I see it.

In closing....(I have a long day at Comic con and I need to get in line for the TDK IMAX) if you like TDK and you like M, Shawshank, The Godfather, Cool Hand Luke, and whatever....that's good. One is above the other....that's personal opinion.

Learn to tell the difference between your favorite things and the opinions of others. Which ever films deserves to be on top of another is a matter of opinion and nothing more. You love it and hold a special place in your heart.

Hohoho...that's good for you.

Alpha Centauri
With all due respect, his point wasn't that I.M.D.B. is important, it WAS precisely that it's all opinion, and he disagrees with the fact that The Dark Knight is being rated this highly by so many people, hence; over-rated.

Saying something doesn't deserve to be put next to something else doesn't make you a fanboy.

If you said The Flash deserves to be ranked up there with Superman in terms of comic icons, I'd disagree. It's not because I am a Superman fanboy, it's because objectively, with no allegiance to either, I find it to be a ridiculous opinion.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't even like The Godfather, just appreciates that it excels in far more areas, technically, as a movie, to be ranked next to The Dark Knight, so this is a case like I just explained. I mean, nobody is wrong for saying it's their favourite movie above anything, I'm pretty sure BF likes The Dark Knight more than The Godfather, but objectively you (In general) surely can't propose that The Dark Knight has done, or will do, as much for cinematic history as The Godfather has.

If I've got his point wrong, he can correct me.

-AC

BackFire
No, you've missed the point. You were complaining that it didn't deserved to be on top spot with movies like The Godfather and Shaky. I pointed out that imdb runs on a democratic voting system that allows members to cast their votes. Then, I exaggerated (in a comical way) the thing by telling you to move to communist china. Sorry BF, but I think, you're taking this way too seriously. That's even more sad. And you know me...I call it as I see it.

Show me what point I've missed. You say that several times throughout this post but never specify, why? Because I missed no point. Your points aren't complex enough to miss. And I never said that it didn't deserve to be up there with Godfather and Shawshank, I simply said it didn't deserve to be number one, in my opinion.

No, YOU put the fanboy horseshit away first. You're the one blowing steam because you see TDK going to the top and stand next to movies like Godfather and Shank. Which pins you as fanboy of those movies. If you were a reasonable as you claim to be you would be like "Oh, geez it's imdb nothing important" You feel IMDB now sucks because of that....yet you ignore the factor that it is voted by their own members. To a fanboy everything sucks or is broken when something else (other than what they love) gets the spotlight.

You like TDK...You like Shawnshank.....good, what's the big deal?

This part is funny because I don't even like The Godfather. And I don't think Shawshank is one of the best films ever made (but I like it). So, no, no fanboyism here. Can't be a fanboy of something that I don't even like, and again, my complaints aren't with TDK being seen as better than Shawshank and Godfather, simply that it's rated the number one movie of all time. And I simply don't think it's that good. IMDB always sucked, nothing but a popularity contest and a hype game, TDK getting to number one just reinforces this. There is no big deal about this. You're the one that made it an issue by going after me for simply not agreeing with it. Here's how the discussion went.

Me: The Dark Knight shouldn't be number one, I don't think it's the best movie ever made. People should let the film sink in and let the hype die down before making such extreme statements about it.

You: Baffling! If you don't like it move to china! It's a democracy! What an atrocious thought process! You're saying that a movie that is older is going to be better!

You tell me where the fanboyism is in my post. Because it's clear where yours is.

Lies and complete lack of knowledge. Again, I call it as I see BF. As I mention before there are other great films out there that didn't get the top spot.

Show me where I lied. Specifically. And I know there are other great films that aren't in the top spot. You said this like 3 days ago in this very thread, and I agreed. What does this have to do with TDK being ranked number 1?

Why you act like Shawshank is all of the sudden the messiah of prison movies? Give me a break and what a crock of nonsense!

This was never said, nor was it implied, by any of my posts. And you call me a liar.

Those are also great classic films. Why aren't they in the top with Shawshank? they have as much right as Shawshank to be there. Yet they're not in the top spot. They were there before Shawshank was even made. Remenber what I said about seniority? Throw me back that pitch of "love by people by decades"

They aren't in the top because IMDB is shit and a popularity contest. I know what you said about seniority, it was a random point that you made and attempted to spin to seem like I made it, despite the fact that I never did. But yes, I'm the liar.

How many decades have shawshank redemption have gone?

Apparently you need an English course to go with that reading comprehension course, since you are struggling to create simple sentences.

No, and using those childish and lame tactics of trying to belittle the person's reasoning will get you nowhere with me.

I will stop shitting on your reasoning when your reasoning stops being shit.

You been missing the point since page one! You come here and whine about how the IMDB system is broken and is not fair and all that!

This was also never said. All I said is that I didn't agree with TDK being rated so highly. Also again, point out what point of yours I missed, if you can.

Why? Because you see Shawshank scale down. So what? Why don't you reason that there have other movies prior to Shawnshank that didn't get their right do.

No, that's not why. It's because I don't think TDK is the best movie ever made. Also: http://www.cerritos.edu/fquaas/classinformation/english100home.htm

I think there are still some slots open. Better hurry.

Where was protest for them? where was the outcry for injustice? where...oh you get the idea (I hope!) Either you haven't seen other prison movies in your life or you're just a fanboy for the movie. You're the one with the baby rattle, not me.

I didn't protest anything, I never said there was injustice. I simply said that I didn't agree with TDK being the best movie ever made. Your hyperbole isn't going to change what I actually said, and you're again pretending that I said things that I never did.

And that's a nice false dilemma there (don't expect you to know what that is). It might work had I said or implied that Shawshank is the best prison movie ever made. But I didn't. And I never accused you of having a baby rattle, simply of being a fanboy. Not because you like TDK, but because you got so defensive when I challenged the notion of TDK being the best movie ever made.

In your desperation to make TDK lesser to previous top films of IMDB you now run to conspiracy theory. Congrats BF! You've sunken your foot on the mud so deep that anyone can see your footprints.

So you're unaware of the fact that studios have done this before on IMDB, huh? Create a falsely high rating in the days before the movie's been released? Don't blame you, it's pretty ridiculous, but it happens. And it makes sense in this case, since there were thousands of votes for the film 2 days before the first midnight showing.

Anyone who takes IMDB top ten films of all time as a hierarchy is seriously a babbling imbecile in my book.

Sure is. Good thing I don't, and never implied that I did.

Learn to tell the difference between your favorite things and the opinions of others. Which ever films deserves to be on top of another is a matter of opinion and nothing more. You love it and hold a special place in your heart.

Point me to where I said that anything I say about a film is anything other than opinion. I know it's opinion. All I did was voice my opinion in a polite and decent manner, and you took issue with it and went after me for it. Now you're attempting to lie and claim that I said it as something more than opinion. This never happened.

Oh wait, yeah, but I'm the liar.

Have fun at the Comic Con.

SelinaAndBruce
I don't get why argue about it. The ranking is decided by IMDB.com users. More users gave this movie a high rating than did the Godfather for whatever reason. Therefore the movie is number 1. It may not be the best movie that was ever made but according to the majority opinion of the people who use that website it is, so o well. It's not that big of a deal.

Ushgarak
The only reason it has hit the top spot is because IMDB regular clientele are more likely to be the sort of net nerds who have been hit by the overwhelming hype for The Dark Knight and simply spammed the rating as 10 out of 10 without any intelligent thought going into it.

Every internet based voting system is the same- a HUGE bias gets shown towards the movie (or whatever the subject it) of the moment. Accurate results ONLY come over time.

BF is right. You'll have to wait. Give it a year.

WrathfulDwarf
Congrats BF by quoting you and replying I exceed it 10,000 characters. And don't feel like like making two posts and continue. So whatever I missed....tough.
And I never said that it didn't deserve to be up there with Godfather and Shawshank, I simply said it didn't deserve to be number one, in my opinion.

Your own words:

Good! We're clear, is not the best film ever made. You like it and that should be good enough. So there shouldn't be any issues with the film getting drop from the imdb spot....eh, wait a minute! If you like the film Why even care where is rank? Heck! why even care about what imdb ranks it? Moving on...

And I know there are other great films that aren't in the top spot. You said this like 3 days ago in this very thread, and I agreed.

Oh good, you agree with me....happy days.

They aren't in the top because IMDB is shit and a popularity contest. I know what you said about seniority, it was a random point that you made and attempted to spin to seem like I made it, despite the fact that I never did. But yes, I'm the liar.

Exactly! IMDB ratings are is shit. We agree. Why are we arguing in the first place?

Apparently you need an English course to go with that reading comprehension course, since you are struggling to create simple sentences.

Yes Backfire...unlike you I'm not perfect. I have my flaws. What can I say? I'm not perfect.

I will stop shitting on your reasoning when your reasoning stops being shit.

So you're interested in mud slinging and just want to throw the biggest mud rock in your camp. Then here is a modest suggestion. Throw your biggest one and you won. Happy now?

All I said is that I didn't agree with TDK being rated so highly. Also again, point out what point of yours I missed, if you can.

That's an opinion I can live with. You the other hand can't live with the opinion of mine regarding movies on the top ten of imdb. This is what started this exchange.

No, that's not why. It's because I don't think TDK is the best movie ever made. Also: http://www.cerritos.edu/fquaas/classinformation/english100home.htm

I think there are still some slots open. Better hurry.

I know, you already said that. I heard you the first time. Why are you repeating yourself? Are you some kind of parrot?

*SQWWAAK!* *SQWAAK!* POLLY WANTS A CRACKET! POLLY WANTS A CRACKER! YOO-HOO!
(I can pay you with the same coin BF. Don't confuse this forum with the GDF...go play your smartass gimmicks with those guys)

I didn't protest anything, I never said there was injustice. I simply said that I didn't agree with TDK being the best movie ever made.

You didn't seen to be too happy in your earlier posts.

And that's a nice false dilemma there (don't expect you to know what that is). It might work had I said or implied that Shawshank is the best prison movie ever made. But I didn't. And I never accused you of having a baby rattle, simply of being a fanboy. Not because you like TDK, but because you got so defensive when I challenged the notion of TDK being the best movie ever made.
In it's own genre (i.e. comic book movies) TDK can be consider the best one yet. In it's own genre Shawshank Redemption (prison movies) it's not. There are three very good candidates that I mention earlier. Go see them.

So you're unaware of the fact that studios have done this before on IMDB, huh? Create a falsely high rating in the days before the movie's been released? Don't blame you, it's pretty ridiculous, but it happens. And it makes sense in this case, since there were thousands of votes for the film 2 days before the first midnight showing.

Show me proof. Something else aside from your own word or some blog of a pissoff Godfather fan.

Point me to where I said that anything I say about a film is anything other than opinion. I know it's opinion. All I did was voice my opinion in a polite and decent manner, and you took issue with it and went after me for it. Now you're attempting to lie and claim that I said it as something more than opinion. This never happened.

I went after you....uh-huh...who quote who first in this thread Backfire? Tell me again who call out who in this thread.

Have fun at the Comic Con.

Thank you. I will and you need to be here as well. Hopefully you can make the trip. Don't miss out.

WrathfulDwarf
I don't get why argue about it. The ranking is decided by IMDB.com users. More users gave this movie a high rating than did the Godfather for whatever reason. Therefore the movie is number 1. It may not be the best movie that was ever made but according to the majority opinion of the people who use that website it is, so o well. It's not that big of a deal.

It's just a bunch of "chest thumping". The argument basically boils down to what you said. Really, nothing more, so I don't see why he keeps coming back.

Originally posted by Ushgarak
The only reason it has hit the top spot is because IMDB regular clientele are more likely to be the sort of net nerds who have been hit by the overwhelming hype for The Dark Knight and simply spammed the rating as 10 out of 10 without any intelligent thought going into it.

Every internet based voting system is the same- a HUGE bias gets shown towards the movie (or whatever the subject it) of the moment. Accurate results ONLY come over time.

BF is right. You'll have to wait. Give it a year.

Oh! Ush is visiting the Batman forum.shock

Have a seat, have some coffee....happy

I don't think there is no need to wait for anything. It really isn't that BIG of a deal. It's just a movie that got a lot of positive feedback. It's not the film's fault that it landed on the top ten of some internet site.

What matters is what the films brings to the table. The gossip and other chit-chat really is just waste.

Think about this...eveyrone comes out saying "why is it getting 10 scores?"

Yet, no one complains because it gets a score of 1.

Neither extreme is right. Because of it...the rating system should just be void.

BackFire
WD, you ignore where I said this explaining that I don't care that Godfather and Shawshank were knocked down.

Good! We're clear, is not the best film ever made. You like it and that should be good enough. So there shouldn't be any issues with the film getting drop from the imdb spot....eh, wait a minute! If you like the film Why even care where is rank? Heck! why even care about what imdb ranks it? Moving on...

I don't care, I simply don't agree, that's all. That's all it's ever been.

Exactly! IMDB ratings are is shit. We agree. Why are we arguing in the first place?

Because you said this -- and then you proceeded to lie about what I said, claiming I introduced the premise that older movies are inherently better, even though I never said that. If you go back and read, most of the argument hasn't been about the dark knight, it's been about you misconstruing what I said and me correcting you about that.

Yes Backfire...unlike you I'm not perfect. I have my flaws. What can I say? I'm not perfect.

Not asking you to be perfect, just for you to take a second to make sure that your sentences that can be read at first glance, rather than forcing the reader to sit there and try and figure out what the heck you mean.

So you're interested in mud slinging and just want to throw the biggest mud rock in your camp. Then here is a modest suggestion. Throw your biggest one and you won. Happy now?

Not interested in throwing mud. But if you respond rudely to me I will do the same right back to you. Also, pointing out poor reasoning isn't slinging mud.

That's an opinion I can live with. You the other hand can't live with the opinion of mine regarding movies on the top ten of imdb. This is what started this exchange.

No, what started this exchange is your rude and obnoxious post about communist china and lying about something that I didn't say about old movies being better. I could care less about your opinion about movies because I know that such opinions are subjective.

I know, you already said that. I heard you the first time. Why are you repeating yourself? Are you some kind of parrot?

*SQWWAAK!* *SQWAAK!* POLLY WANTS A CRACKET! POLLY WANTS A CRACKER! YOO-HOO!
(I can pay you with the same coin BF. Don't confuse this forum with the GDF...go play your smartass gimmicks with those guys)

You misspelled cracker.

You didn't seen to be too happy in your earlier posts.

I was perfectly happy. I was simply disagreeing.

In it's own genre (i.e. comic book movies) TDK can be consider the best one yet. In it's own genre Shawshank Redemption (prison movies) it's not. There are three very good candidates that I mention earlier. Go see them.

What does this have to do with anything I said? I know TDK is probably the best comic book movie ever made. What does that have to do with you lying again and saying that I implied that Shawshank is the best prison movie ever made. Again, I never said this. It's funny, you say I don't know the difference between opinion and fact, yet you act as if it's fact that Shawshank is worse than the other three prison movies you mention.

Show me proof. Something else aside from your own word or some blog of a pissoff Godfather fan.

Why would I be reading a Godfather's fan blog? There is no proof, the evidence though, is in the fact that in some movies on IMDB, people start rating them very high and give them a falsely high rating in the days prior to it's release. This is before anyone would be able to see the movie. Studios do this to help the hype. They did it with Cloverfield and I Am Legend. And apparently they did it with Dark Knight. The difference is TDK rating didn't drop when people actually started watching the movie.

I went after you....uh-huh...who quote who first in this thread Backfire? Tell me again who call out who in this thread.

I quoted you. But my quote was polite and decent towards you. Yours was not. Yours was rude and obnoxious and filled with lies about what I actually said. You can't expect to lie about what someone said and not expect them to come at you hard about it. The lesson is, don't do it.

Thank you. I will and you need to be here as well. Hopefully you can make the trip. Don't miss out.

I won't be making it this year. I missed last year, too. Didn't really like it very much the last time I was there, and my friend who I usually hang out with while there isn't around these days. Are you going to be there any other days? Or was Thursday your only one?

Ushgarak
I don't think there is no need to wait for anything. It really isn't that BIG of a deal.

Well, sure, if you feel that way. But it's clear that to some people the IMDB table has some sort of significance, and to them I just wanted to point out that the current situation is not actually accurate in so far as that list having any meaning; it will only become accurate over time.

WrathfulDwarf
WD, you ignore where I said this explaining that I don't care that Godfather and Shawshank were knocked down.

I don't care, I simply don't agree, that's all. That's all it's ever been.

Because you said this -- and then you proceeded to lie about what I said, claiming I introduced the premise that older movies are inherently better, even though I never said that. If you go back and read, most of the argument hasn't been about the dark knight, it's been about you misconstruing what I said and me correcting you about that.

Not asking you to be perfect, just for you to take a second to make sure that your sentences that can be read at first glance, rather than forcing the reader to sit there and try and figure out what the heck you mean.

Not interested in throwing mud. But if you respond rudely to me I will do the same right back to you. Also, pointing out poor reasoning isn't slinging mud.

No, what started this exchange is your rude and obnoxious post about communist china and lying about something that I didn't say about old movies being better. I could care less about your opinion about movies because I know that such opinions are subjective.

You misspelled cracker.

I was perfectly happy. I was simply disagreeing.

What does this have to do with anything I said? I know TDK is probably the best comic book movie ever made. What does that have to do with you lying again and saying that I implied that Shawshank is the best prison movie ever made. Again, I never said this. It's funny, you say I don't know the difference between opinion and fact, yet you act as if it's fact that Shawshank is worse than the other three prison movies you mention.

Why would I be reading a Godfather's fan blog? There is no proof, the evidence though, is in the fact that in some movies on IMDB, people start rating them very high and give them a falsely high rating in the days prior to it's release. This is before anyone would be able to see the movie. Studios do this to help the hype. They did it with Cloverfield and I Am Legend. And apparently they did it with Dark Knight. The difference is TDK rating didn't drop when people actually started watching the movie.

I quoted you. But my quote was polite and decent towards you. Yours was not. Yours was rude and obnoxious and filled with lies about what I actually said. You can't expect to lie about what someone said and not expect them to come at you hard about it. The lesson is, don't do it.

Love you too Backfire.

I won't be making it this year. I missed last year, too. Didn't really like it very much the last time I was there, and my friend who I usually hang out with while there isn't around these days. Are you going to be there any other days? Or was Thursday your only one?

I'm here right now. I arrived on Thursday. Will be here today and tomorrow. The lines are as ridiciolusly long same as last year. You really have to be here at 5 am to get a decent spot in line to pick up the badge. I'm just taking a long break. I'm making a video so you'll get the idea. We'll chat more later. There is so much good shit to do.

BradBalboa
WOOOOOOOOO !!

The Dark Knight id awsome, i went to see it today and it was brilliant !!!
Heath Ledger played the part of his life god bless him !!

It was soo good that im going to see it again tmorrow, and im on holiday !! its just THAT good !

Ushgarak
Heck, NOW this has kicked off.

I note Shawshank just overtook Godfather for number 2, but BOTH of them have increased their average, and Dark Knight has dropped .1.

It's war, folks!

Juk3n
Saw it last knight!, it IS the greatest comic book based movie and one of the best films i have ever seen. Ledgers performance is no Joke, he was the real deal in this, and he deserves an oscar for his performance, it was masterful.

The only thing that may tar his achievement if he gets an oscar, is some Bonehead press may say he only got it BECAUSE he died. I dont believe that, at all.

This Joker performance is the performance of the year no doubt about it.

- seeing it again in a few, and i havn't wanted to sit through a repeat of a movie EVER, since Goonies.

Ushgarak
Half a year on- I said we'd need to wait a year but this is a good milestone- and we see a more accurate picture emerging; TDK is joint 4th, which sitll makes it the most IMDB popular film of the current century.

Doc Ock
Alot of the people over at IMDB were outraged that TDK trumped movies like The Godfather and the Shawshank Redemption on the top 250 list.

So you know what they did? They made multiple accounts and kept scoring the movie 1/10 until it was lowered down to spot 3. And now it's down to number 4.

Mr Shindiggery
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Alot of the people over at IMDB were outraged that TDK trumped movies like The Godfather and the Shawshank Redemption on the top 250 list.

So you know what they did? They made multiple accounts and kept scoring the movie 1/10 until it was lowered down to spot 3. And now it's down to number 4.

IMDB is a stupid site, they believe anything for two weeks I recall they had under their actors for the movie and their parts Rosemary Harris aka Aunt May listed as playing both Aunt May and Carnage. confused

Master Crimzon

TDK fans did that too. They spammed 1/10 rating for both Shawshank and Godfather.

Still, nobody gave any heat to the Shawshank and Godfather fans. No, they were 'cool'. TDK? Silly rabid fanboys with no knowledge of movie history.

To destroy the misconception of TDK reviews being random and thoughtless, take a look at IGN. Most 10/10 reviews are well thought-out and extremely detailed.

Of course I don't feel TDK is the number one movie of all time (IMO, it deserves to have an 8.5-ish rating), but people overreacted to the gushing it received. Which will likely put a black spot on the movie, forever.

Altar[1stONE]
Why cant people just accept that TDK sucked LOL! And realize Batman Begins is just god damn superior . List of simple reasons: No maggie gyllensuck , batmans voice wasnt like nails on a chalkboard, it had RAZ in it, the scarecrow was hilarious , action and story was solid, the timing of the film was just right, the film made batman look like he was flying, and made his eyes glow white in certain scenes. Id say Batman Begins felt like a true comic film , it had realistic tones , but that fantasy element was still there too. That element felt completely absent in the next movie, cause nolan JUST had to bring it down to earth. So far down you might as well call Gotham City , Chicago now.

But of course people point out the flaws and i note them as well. oh batmans fighting was all choppy blah blah. I dont understand this complaint , when i watched it in the theatre i took it as a visual storytelling. Nolan was emphasizing batmans speed, something lacking in other stiff fighting batman flicks. Ill also point out that i had a problem with some of the dialogue and its delivery. It did seem a bit pretentious and cornball. Great example is the whole Rachel dawes character, and her whole rant about " revenge and justice". Ive never heard a women jump from one sentence to another without taking a breath , especially considering the depth of the subject matter she was talking about. To much for any women, then again she was in dawsons creek. That whole show had delusions of eloquence. And she finishes it off with 2 slaps. One more example is Nolans crappy use of comic relief. And he exercises this both in batman begins and the dark knight. By using those goofy ass , crappy acting cops . I cringe every time that underground freeway scene pops up.

But all this was amplified in the dark knight, like cranked up to 11. Ive tried watching it like 5 times , without rolling my eyes, its just to damn cheesy. I didnt even buy the actual dvd, i got 2 boot legged copies on christmas, THAT I DIDNT EVEN WANT. Thats how ridiculous the hype has become, TDK is everywhere like hollywood diarrhea . Face it, like Mayor Gavin Newsom says " Whether you like it or not!" Alot of the success has to do with over salivating Heath Ledger. He did a pretty good job as the joker, but he stole the show. This is a problem cause he made Christian Bale look like a putz. It felt less about Batman all over again. In Begins , thing stayed consistent , he was still the main character. You couldn't wait for batman to show up again, he was so badass at long last. But now, he got the Billy Batts treatment, " Now go home and get your shinebox batman". 10 years down the line people will complain about TDK, the way they complained about burtons films being to much about the villains. Hardly a Masterpiece. Not even close. "What do you believe in huh?! WHAT do YOu believe IN!?!" ........Roflmao

I know what i just said is probably blasphemous in the eyes of current bandwagon dark knight fans. And they probably want to nail me on a rock and let carrions pick at my liver. But you guys are no better then fatty Twilight fans.

Final Blaxican
No.

ThunderGodEneru
Go back under your bridge, troll. estahuh

Final Blaxican
Which one of us are you referring to?

Altar[1stONE]
the troll

Bardock42
I actually think I prefer Begins, as well.

Altar[1stONE]
All in all thats what im trying to say in my stupid rant. I personally prefer Batman Begins, its powerful and it can stand alone. It didnt try so hard, and was well made, and kept a low profile like most of Nolans earlier work. It did its number successfully, even in the shadow of Revenge of the Sith. Its up there with my other comic favorites : The Crow, Sin City and eventually Watchmen (if they dont F it up). The TDK will always play second fiddle next to BB in my movie collection. But at least it gave a fresh spin on Two Face and the Joker. Whenever the " Ill look into it" scene comes up, theres no longer a void, because now the Joker has a face in that universe.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Altar
All in all thats what im trying to say in my stupid rant. I personally prefer Batman Begins, its powerful and it can stand alone.

Good for you. But the fact is that most people prefer The Dark Knight.

Nobody has to "accept" anything. Your opinion is not a fact, shocking as you may find that to be. You just listed off a bunch of your opinions on what you liked and disliked, and expect everyone to accept that as law?

Get over yourself and "accept" that nobody, repeat nobody has to like what you like. Capeesh?

Altar[1stONE]
Worthy attempt but dont patronize me ock, you jumped the gun on this one, as always. I made it clear that yes its a preference and opinion.

"You just listed off a bunch of your opinions on what you liked and disliked, and expect everyone to accept that as law?"

Bit overdramatic , i didnt expect that at all, i dont know how you came to that conclusion, nothing i said was to overbearing nor demanding. On the contrary the whole thing is a big joke to me. And people like yourself or so god damn sensitive when someone disagrees. I just wanted to see if there were others who felt the same way about the film.

"The fact is most people prefer the Dark knight" ,

Because its the movie of the week, the hype hasn't even died down yet , and its still being spoon fed as some masterpiece. Once thats all said and done for, i guarantee the general consensus will change. Remember all the starwars prequel fans? From what ive been reading, doesnt seem like they believe those movies to be as perfect as before.

"Get over yourself and "accept" that nobody, repeat nobody has to like what you like. Capeesh? "

Typical High Horse sh** from doc ock, you are no voice of the people or some guru As shocking as you may find that to be.roll eyes (sarcastic) Your another freak with opinions like the rest of us. Why dont you get over yourself, you seem to be constantly on the attack , but most of us could do without your "services".

Master Crimzon
I'm not going to attack your anti-TDK argument (I argue on opinions too much in any case), but really, TDK is the 'movie of the week'? WTF? Seriously. TDK haters need to stop pretending that it's just 'another' movie heralded by the masses as 'teh best film eva', only to be forgotten when the next fanboy phenomenon occurs. It's definitely not. Just 'hype'? Come ON. It's not as if movies like this are regularly dished out. When did you ever see such a universally glowing reception to an immensely popular film? Did you? Outside of maaaybe LotR, I can't think of anything.

'Movie of the week' my ass. It's been years since a movie was this popular.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Altar
Worthy attempt but dont patronize me ock, you jumped the gun on this one, as always. I made it clear that yes its a preference and opinion.

Did you now? So what's this:

Oh and I just love your closing comment:

And you accuse me of patronizing? LOL! Look at you, you couldn't even respond without name calling. There is no sensitivity here. I have no problem with people preferring Begins, or even hating the Dark Knight. What I can't stand is pompous arrogant attitudes like yours who state their OPINION as a fact in such an arrogant fashion, and then insulting all the fans of the movie like you did above.

So spare me the mock indignation. It's laughable.

Altar[1stONE]
both of your points duly noted. My apologies for the hostility.

Doc Ock
Apology accepted. And Begins does rock hard.

I just prefer The Dark Knight more, myself. But that doesn't take away from Begins' greatness, IMO.

BruceSkywalker
Apology accepted. And Begins does rock hard.

I just prefer The Dark Knight more, myself. But that doesn't take away from Begins' greatness, IMO.

Agreed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.