Cyclops vs. Wolverine [with special stipulations]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

peejayd
* Stipulations:

>> Cyclops - has adamantium (or anti-adamantium) body suit armor.
>> Wolverine - has ruby-quartz body suit armor.

(both armors are flexible and does not restrain both characters from their natural speed, agility, stamina and/or strength...)

>> Logic

(both are not bloodlusted but both characters are determined to knock-out each other the fastest way they can...)

(regarding Wolverine's berserker rage: i'll try to be fair so the rage will only kick-in 45 minutes after the fight begins...)

>> Battleground

(fighting arena-ala-YuYu Hakusho, it might be approximately the size of two to three boxing/wrestling rings... both characters would be teleported in the ring at the same time on opposite corners, so there's no prep time... no other innocent by-standers or referees/announcers to worry about...)

* who wins... and why? wink

Juk3n
Originally posted by peejayd
natural speed, agility, stamina and/or strength...)

Wolverine has MOAR.

He wins and wins.

george '06
cyclops could push him out of the ring easy, or just keep bombarding him until he passes out

StyleTime
...so it's a hand to hand fight? Wolverine wins unless Cyclops can break the ruby quartz armor with his adamantium suit.

llagrok
Taking Cyclops' aim into consideration, hitting Wolverine in the face wouldn't be a problem.

Starscream M
ummm....cyke shatters Logan's ruby armor in the first minutes of fight and then blasts him sky high

occultdestroyer
Cyclops blasts through the ruby quartz with full force omega blasts.
He blasts Wolverines face until it's completely grounded like ground beef.

Creshosk
Um, ruby quartz is translucent.. so there doesn't HAVE to be any open spots...

And ruby quartz does tend to stop optic blasts...

peejayd
* yep, that's the point, both characters should use their skills & tactics because one suit is anti-adamantium & and the other is anti-optic blasts... smile

Boy Blue
Cyke can still take out the surroundings via optic blasts, correct?

I reckon he might be able to just bury Logan.

occultdestroyer
Cyclops omfgwtfpwns Wolverine

King Kandy
Hold on, anti-adamantium? Like anti-metal? Wolverines Skeleton will decompose...

Metalmanx
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Cyclops omfgwtfpwns Wolverine

thumb up

StyleTime
It's a ring, so there's no environmental obstacles with which to interact. Unless Cyclops is allowed to blast holes in the ground, I don't see how he'd "omfgwtfpwn" Wolverine in this match.

janus77
Cyclops fires an omega blast against the ring wall or the ground in order to propel himself at Wolverine.

utilising the uber-durability and strength of his adamantium armour, he shatters Wolverine's armour... thereafter, he plays hacky-sack with Wolverine via Optic Blasts, until Wolverine dies of humiliation.

StyleTime
I don't think there's a wall in the ring. Wolverine could still dodge a flying Cyclops anyway. I see this coming to down to melee.

peejayd
* Cyke is smart enough to utilize his adamantium armor over Logan's ruby-quartz armor... if this goes down to melee, even if Cyke is good, Logan would get the upper hand... how can Cyke win if Logan's ruby-quartz armor can deny/harness the force or impact of Cyke's optic blasts? huh

Metalmanx
Cyke doesn't necessarily need to hit Wolverine with an optic blast to win here.

Think about it. Just blast a huge hole in the arena where Wolverine is. Wolverine falls and is now incapacitated. Scott could then bury Wolvie with some more well-placed blasts.

That's just one scenario, but you get my point.

starlock
Wolverine for the win

Unless Cykes eyes are covered in adamantium, i give this to logan, oh and scott aint pushing wolvy nowhere...or every time scott opened his eyes his ruby sunglasses would pop right off...just a thought

Metalmanx
Originally posted by starlock
Wolverine for the win

Unless Cykes eyes are covered in adamantium, i give this to logan, oh and scott aint pushing wolvy nowhere...or every time scott opened his eyes his ruby sunglasses would pop right off...just a thought

I agree. I never argued that Cyke would be able to push Wolvie with his optic blasts. But that's a given.

You don't think Cyke is skilled enough to dodge claws that are obviously aimed for his eyes?

Also, something else to keep in mind. In the chance that Wolvie's claws are going to Cyke's unprotected eyes, Cyke can just fire a blast, deflecting his claws. The claws aren't protected by the ruby-quartz, therefore completely susceptible to the concussive force that is Cyke's optic blast. wink

StyleTime
I think it all depends on how much Cylcops is allowed to interact with the ring. If he can blast holes in the ground, it may just be an easy win for him.

peejayd?

peejayd
* yes, i did state that they can do anything in their skill/creativity/innovation to knock each other out the fastest way they can... Cyke has this uncanny strategic & tactical abilities in combat, while Logan has uber-long experiences of battles in his past... kinda close call, but the environment gives Cyke a slight edge... smile

Metalmanx
Hell. Cyke, with his adamantium/anti-adamantium armor can just beat on Wolvie's ruby-quartz body-armor until it shatters in some places. These new openings would then be very susceptible to optic blasts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.