Broke the RECORD of Spiderman 3!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
http://cbs2.com/local/dark.knight.record.2.774988.html

It first broke the record by Episode III.

It just broke Spiderman 3 Record!

Will The Dark Knight take on the all time champ TITANIC?

It's going to be a bloodbath between geeky Bat-heads vs. Teenage girls from the late 90s.
Oooohhhh!!!! stick out tongue

Endrict Nuul
It was a given that it's was going to beat Spider Man 3...it was utter crap.

The j0keR
Im just glad its an actual good movie at the top now. I dont think it can top Titanic in the summer, since Titanic did its thing for like 3 months or something.

Impediment
Titanic will fall eventually. I know it.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Impediment
Titanic will fall eventually. I know it.

Those teenage girls can be brutal. stick out tongue

Impediment
Leo is so yesterday.

Bats is the new Leo. yes

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul

Just because it was utter crap doesn't mean it didn't do great in the box office...

ScarletSpeed
It would be so awesome if it beat the Titaniclaughing out loud

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Just because it was utter crap doesn't mean it didn't do great in the box office...

agreed,

not as if we knew it would be crapsad

SelinaAndBruce
LMAO I know when I found out I called my friend who is hard core Marvel (I'm hardcore DC) just to gloat, lmao.

coolmovies
Congratulations batman or should i say Ledger ! Anyway i like titanic my self and whould love to see batman beat its record

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jul/20/dark-knight-sets-weekend-record-15534m/

steverules
If batman bat kicked the titanic...his foot would break

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by coolmovies
Congratulations batman or should i say Ledger ! Anyway i like titanic my self and whould love to see batman beat its record

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jul/20/dark-knight-sets-weekend-record-15534m/
I really don't think it was just ledger, though I definitely think he did add something to the mania

coolmovies
people want to see the movie becouse of Ledger

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by steverules
If batman bat kicked the titanic...his foot would break

you underestimate the power of the BatKickno expression

BruceSkywalker
I called it now didn't I. Eventually records are broken. The Dark Knight could be the one to break Titanic's record. If not then I think it come very very close

ScarletSpeed
what did Titanic rake in ?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
what did Titanic rake in ?

Titanic made over $600 million here in the states and over $ 1 billion dollars worldwide

SelinaAndBruce
Ewww Titanic. I think I was the only person in the world who didn't see that in Theaters

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Titanic made over $600 million here in the states and over $ 1 billion dollars worldwide

do you think Batman even stands a chance ?

BruceSkywalker
do you think Batman even stands a chance ?

Yes. The Dark Knight has a shot at making that kind of money. It all depends on what happens each and every week

ScarletSpeed
Yes. The Dark Knight has a shot at making that kind of money. It all depends on what happens each and every week

how long is it out in Cinemas for?

BruceSkywalker
how long is it out in Cinemas for?

I'm not sure, but I will assume until late august or early september

ScarletSpeed
I'm not sure, but I will assume until late august or early september

then it should hopefully stand a chance

it came out on the 18th in the US ?

and it has made over 150 million?

BruceSkywalker
then it should hopefully stand a chance

it came out on the 18th in the US ?

and it has made over 150 million?

That's an excellent and exceptional start to what should be the biggest box office of the summer

Soljer
Internationally, it's already raked in nearly two hundred million.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Soljer
Internationally, it's already raked in nearly two hundred million.

Are you sure. If thats true WOOT WOOT

dadudemon
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
Ewww Titanic. I think I was the only person in the world who didn't see that in Theaters

No you're not. I still haven't seen all of Titantic. Way over hyped. Over budgeted. Boring, long ass movie. There's a reason I haven't watched all of it...way too damn boring. I don't understand how it did so well. You'd think that with all the "quick fix" and "I want it now now now" american type of mentality, it wouldn't have done so well.

...boring ass piece of shit stupid movie...

Soljer
Are you sure. If thats true WOOT WOOT

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=darkknight.htm

195.34 million, estimated of course.

WrathfulDwarf
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/985/gfx215boxofficedarkknigbu9.jpg
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/985/gfx215boxofficedarkknigbu9.22bb32f007.jpg

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Soljer
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=darkknight.htm

195.34 million, estimated of course.

WOOT WOOT.

Deathstroke
Does anyone think that the darker tone of the movie will keep it from reaching the 400 million mark? It doesn't seem like there will be a whole lot of parents taking their kids to see this one.

Who really knows though...

Devil King
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
It's going to be a bloodbath between geeky Bat-heads vs. Teenage girls from the late 90s.

At least they're finally going to get laid.

Endrict Nuul
Sweet!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Does anyone think that the darker tone of the movie will keep it from reaching the 400 million mark? It doesn't seem like there will be a whole lot of parents taking their kids to see this one.

Who really knows though...

The dark tone is not a problem. The three times that I've seen The Dark Knight 50% of the audience were kids and yes this has a great chance of making $400 million domestically

dadudemon
The dark tone is not a problem. The three times that I've seen The Dark Knight 50% of the audience were kids and yes this has a great chance of making $400 million domestically

I'd like to see it hit $500 million in domestic sales....really really bad.

coolmovies
Are you crazy the way its going its gonna make $800m at the box office. The sales will slow down after two or three monthes so it wont beat titanic unless you see it more then ten times

Endrict Nuul
Batman ain't topping Titanic.

Mr Parker
way to go Bats. Happy Dance

Darth Creasy
Considering we're the only ones that will see it more than once, it'll probably end up making $400 mil in the states and another $600, maybe $650 mil worldwide. Titanic is safe. Virtually every age group saw Titanic, with elderly and young girls seeing it 3 times. Also, The Dark Knight won't be in theatres 3 months like Titanic.

Juk3n
Just out of curiosity, how much are cinema tickets in the States?
Works out to about $19 over here.

The j0keR
My ticket for Saturday night was $9.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Juk3n

Mine was full price at $10 for thursday at midnight. Sat and Sunday was at normal price of $8.50.

This coming saturday I will be at the IMAX in San Diego. I think is going to go for $14 to $16.

The j0keR
Turns out it beat the estimated 155 million and actually took in 158 million. eek!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47046

Croatoa
Absolutely insane.

Originally posted by Juk3n
$10.50 for me. $12.00 for an IMAX only two stories high.

BigRed
It cost me seven bucks both times I saw it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by The j0keR
Turns out it beat the estimated 155 million and actually took in 158 million. eek!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47046

I was going to post this.

The Dark Knight truely rulz...

WrathfulDwarf
Now we just await for the numbers from the UK. I wonder if they're going to long lines in theaters like us Yanks.

hmm

coolmovies
well we have two cinemas where i live . One with six screens and the other with 12.

ScarletSpeed

Mr Parker
btw that just goes to show how much of a huge difference it makes when marketing a comicbook film.Batman Begins was horribly promoted.Many people didnt even know that movie was in the theaters till it was already out because of how horribly promoted it was.Fortunately Warner Brothers learned from their mistake last time and THIS time they went all out and promoted it well in advance everywhere in places like they should have the first time.Result? much better box office results. Happy Dance

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Now we just await for the numbers from the UK. I wonder if they're going to long lines in theaters like us Yanks.

hmm

I'm sure those will be astounding numbers

Darth Martin
Matinee's are $6 and Night showgins are $12. IMAX ticket is $13.

Mairuzu
Tickets cost $10.50 where I go, at night

BruceSkywalker
The Dark Knight has taken down another record. It will become the fastest to $200 million domestically...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47076

Mairuzu
Still wont beat titanic sadly erm

BigRed
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Still wont beat titanic sadly erm
Well Titanic made a little for a long time amounting to a whole lot in the end.

The Dark Knight is making a whole lot very quickly. I think it could get within 150 million. But in this day and age, it just isn't possible.

Devil King
Originally posted by BigRed
Well Titanic made a little for a long time amounting to a whole lot in the end.

The Dark Knight is making a whole lot very quickly. I think it could get within 150 million. But in this day and age, it just isn't possible.

Never underestimate the spending power of 14 year old girls.

BigRed
I found this interesting:

Not only does it have the Top 4 day gross, as of right now, but it also has the Top 5 day gross, despite only being in theaters for 4 days. In other words, if it made absolutely no money tomorrow, it would still have the Top 5 day gross. It's a whole day ahead.

Even more astounding, it is only a mere $700,000 short of having the Top 6 day gross, despite being in release for 4 days. Pirates 2 has that record, with $183.6 million in its first 6 days. TDK has grossed $182.9 in 4 days. This movie is almost 2 full days ahead of the record.

We seriously might be seeing $300 million for this movie by THIS WEEKEND. That would put it nearly on par with Iron Man and Indy, which are the top 2 movies of 2008 so far, and it took those movies 2 months to get that amount of money. 2 months... one week. Big difference there.

Deathstroke
The numbers really are pretty sick when you think about it. The movie is completely destroying records right now.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BigRed
I found this interesting:

Not only does it have the Top 4 day gross, as of right now, but it also has the Top 5 day gross, despite only being in theaters for 4 days. In other words, if it made absolutely no money tomorrow, it would still have the Top 5 day gross. It's a whole day ahead.

Even more astounding, it is only a mere $700,000 short of having the Top 6 day gross, despite being in release for 4 days. Pirates 2 has that record, with $183.6 million in its first 6 days. TDK has grossed $182.9 in 4 days. This movie is almost 2 full days ahead of the record.

We seriously might be seeing $300 million for this movie by THIS WEEKEND. That would put it nearly on par with Iron Man and Indy, which are the top 2 movies of 2008 so far, and it took those movies 2 months to get that amount of money. 2 months... one week. Big difference there.

AFTER JUST 5 DAYS $203.8 million domestically. This could very well be at $300 million
domestically this upcoming sunday. WOOT WOOT WOOT.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=7524

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul

true.The only reason Man-Spider 3 did near as well as it did at the box office was becuase of opening weekend.after the second weekend,the box office success of it tailed off drastically cause even the people who liked the first two horrible films,most of them hated the the third one.The third one was just riding off the opening weekend success of the second one-which is the best of the three. Lets hope it can overtake Titanic as well.great to see it overtake Episode III. Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.