The New Look of The Joker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScarletSpeed
just got Joker's Asylum today and can't help but notice how much, in some scenes, The Joker looks like Heath Ledgers Joker from the Dark Knight

looks like Heath owned the crap out of this role, so much so that they have started drawing him in Heath's image.

Could this be the shape of things to come?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/kidchino05/JAJoker01-012.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/kidchino05/JAJoker01-020.jpg

Bat Dude
Oh god, no...

Heath was awesome, but don't go changing the comics just because he was awesome...

ScarletSpeed
looks like that's the route they are taking thoughlaughing out loud

Badwolf
I actually thought it was based on the way Heath's joker looked!

Placidity
Heath's Joker reflects a realistic psycho/maniac.

The comic joker should stay as it is - the comic version, where realism is not an issue.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Oh god, no...

Heath was awesome, but don't go changing the comics just because he was awesome...

god I hate it when they do that kinda crap. mad Its bad enough they made that moronic change in the first place,do they have to go and ruin the comics as well? mad

Devil King
I would love for the facial scars to become the consistant look of the Joker. However, I wouldn't get my pantys in a wad, they do this around the time of a movie release. It happened in '89 with Nicholson. In a few months he'll go back to the way he usually looks.

WrathfulDwarf
I still prefer and love Jim Aparo version of The Joker.

His strech out chin makes him look more devilish. laughing out loud

Emil Blonsky
Awesome! I love it!

Menetnashté
eh...I don't know that it's I don't like the new look as much as I don't like the artwork in that comic period, just too grungy for my taste. If done differently I could see that look being okay, though I think comic-wise I would prefer the more familiar look.

SelinaAndBruce
OMG NO!!!! It worked in the context of the movie but please for the love of good it looks even WORSE drawn than it does on screen. GAH!

HueyFreeman
They did the same with tony stark. Around the time the movie came out Iron man looked like RDJ

=Tired Hiker=
I liked how in the movie they didn't go overboard with the green hair. It was just like he swam in too much clorine or something.

Phucked Up
Originally posted by Mr Parker
god I hate it when they do that kinda crap. mad Its bad enough they made that moronic change in the first place,do they have to go and ruin the comics as well? mad

You don't like any changes in comic book movies, do you? Why even go to the Comic Book Movie forums?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Devil King
I wouldn't get my pantys in a wad

You mean a wad in your panties?

Juntai
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
just got Joker's Asylum today and can't help but notice how much, in some scenes, The Joker looks like Heath Ledgers Joker from the Dark Knight

looks like Heath owned the crap out of this role, so much so that they have started drawing him in Heath's image.

Could this be the shape of things to come?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/kidchino05/JAJoker01-012.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/kidchino05/JAJoker01-020.jpg The new origin for Joker, and his new look, started in Batman Confidential a while back.

ragesRemorse
Comics always change the characters around according to the movie's design.

SelinaAndBruce
They need to NOT do it in this case

Devil King
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
They need to NOT do it in this case

They need to absolutely do it in this case. I'd start paying more attention to the comics if they do. But that's just me.

SelinaAndBruce
It doesn't translate well IMO. It looked fine in Nolan's universe but it looks horrible drawn on the comic book pages.

Devil King
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
It doesn't translate well IMO. It looked fine in Nolan's universe but it looks horrible drawn on the comic book pages.

i haven't seen it drawn on the page. The shape of his face has shifted, but he doesn't have the scars or painted face. So I don't see the Nolan look implemented in the comics. But I haven't seen them all.

Da Joker
It may only look horrible because of the artist. Let someone truly talented who is consistent draw it in the books & I bet it'll look fantastic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.