Your favorite TMNT adaptation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I just watched all 3 TMNT films yesterday. I was pleasanlty suprised I actually still found them very entertaining. To me the ninja turtles will always be the the OG cartoon and the first 3 films.

But do you guys like the others?

The Boss
The first two live action movies are still awesome. The 3rd one...erm, yeah.

Arahan
Third one really sucked.

Myth
I just watched the first Turtles movie, which I have not seen for probably 10+ years. Way worse than I remembered, lol. I think I may actually like part 2 more.

The CGI one was really cool though. Thats the one I voted for because it is entertaining even at an adult age.

Kazenji
The original cartoon since thats what i grew up even tho its not like the comics compared with the newer series.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by The Boss
The first two live action movies are still awesome. The 3rd one...erm, yeah.

yeah, it's a piece of shit. I remember when that insult of a movie first came out. No one wanted to go see it and alot of my friends didn't even know about it. Where as the previous 2, well they were the biggest things that had ever happened thus far in our young lives. I remember going to see ninja turtles 3 in the dollar cinema, i walked out. It was the first movie i had ever walked out of. I was nine years old. I walked out of the theater and called my mother to come pick me up.

I pick the first movie, which still kind of holds up today and the new CGI movie.

Kento
The first movie by far, though the 4th movie and the new series (well the series before Fast Forward anyway) are tied for second. The only thing to be said about the 3rd movie is that it's better than the original series, and about as bad as Fast Forward. The 1st, 2nd, and 4th are so much better.

BruceSkywalker
The very first two movies were Totally awesome dude. The latest film was ok, but I wanted to see Shredder

SnakeEyes
Is the CGI one worth watching? I haven't had enough motivation to rent it yet, but I'm always considering it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Is the CGI one worth watching? I haven't had enough motivation to rent it yet, but I'm always considering it.

It's worth watching, but a lot of things were left out

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

If you were ever a fan of the turtle movies or cartoons it is definitely worth checking out. The CGI is very well done. If you want to gain anything other than nostalgic enjoyment, however, you will have to keep reminding yourself that it's a kid's movie. There are times that the movie feels like it's going to break out and surprise you, but always goes to back to a rushed story and cheap jokes. If the first movie had a balance of maturity and adolescence. The CGI movie has an imbalance leaning more towards the adolescent aspect. This isn't a bad thing though, because the movie does a great job at catering to the audience it chose.

Kento
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
The very first two movies were Totally awesome dude. The latest film was ok, but I wanted to see Shredder Well it being the 4th movie it would be hard to see Shredder since he died as Super Shredder. Then again..I guess Karai did hint at him being alive still. Or at least somebody having the mantle of Shredder.

jcvaldez
I liked the 1st the best. But I wish it was more like the cartoon and less like the comic book.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jcvaldez
I liked the 1st the best. But I wish it was more like the cartoon and less like the comic book.

But then its not staying true to the source..... blah blah and all that.

jcvaldez
Originally posted by Kazenji
But then its not staying true to the source..... blah blah and all that.

True. However, the cartoon is what made the Ninja Turtles famous in the first place. The comic book at the time was about to die.

MarvelPartyMan
I think that the live-action Turtles will always be better then any cgi Turtle movie. I think this generation needs to have a live-action TMNT movie series like back in the 90's but doesnt mess it up like the third one did. The original movie made 3x the money then the new cgi did and thats saying something. I think kids, teenages, and adults would go and see a live action movie if done right.

Bouboumaster
The first and second movie were awesome

Endrict Nuul
1 and 2 are the only good films, as for cartoon wise? than the 90's cartoon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.