First To Respond

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
Ok, so there's a bunch of superheroes hanging together in a New York pool hall (or whatever) on the TV there's a report about an armed robbery. The crime scene is across town ... let's say 15 blocks across and 10 blocks down.

Each hero uses their standard method of transportation, who would arrive first (allowing for the fact that they wont wait for anyone else to arrive before tackling the gunmen)

Choices are:

Batman
Spider-Man
Angel (feather winged)
3D Man

There will be standard traffic and pedestrians to that setting ... So who gets there first?

Scoobless
whistling

~The Wickerman~
I would say this:

Spider-man
Angel
Batman
3-D Man

Scoobless
You think? How fast can Angel fly?

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Scoobless
You think? How fast can Angel fly?

I have no idea and I'm too lazy to check with third party sources sad

I put him up as second because it seems logical since he can travel above all the traffic, people and in a straight trajectory aka through the air, not having to use streets, turn corners, etc. Sure, jumping roofs might seem similar, but it's really not if the distance between them is too great.

Symmetric Chaos
Batman moves aside a homeless guy, thus revealing a teleporter and arrives there long before anyone else.

Spiderman is easily the city setting since he lives in NewYork and knows to cover ground quickly.

3-D man is the quickest off the start but falls behind due to Spidey's higher top speed.

Angel comes in last since wings take a time to accelerate and I don't think he's an incredibly fast flier.

george '06
angel
spidey
3D man
batman

Scoobless
Interesting that none of you agree on this. I actually think it's close between Spidey, Angel and 3D Man, with Batman probably coming in last.

psycho gundam
angel has the best visual acuity of the lot (3-D man in a close second) and he can use that and his avian traits to just fly straight up into the air and dive bomb to his desired location, without obstruction.

fangirl101
Batwing.

Scoobless
Originally posted by psycho gundam
angel has the best visual acuity of the lot (3-D man in a close second) and he can use that and his avian traits to just fly straight up into the air and dive bomb to his desired location, without obstruction.

He'd have to fly bloody high up to do that with all the skyscrapers around.

Originally posted by fangirl101
Batwing.

Parked outside the poolhall?

psycho gundam
He'd have to fly bloody high up to do that with all the skyscrapers around. not entirely, peregrine falcons hunt in cityscapes like that all the time, though warren is far larger he only needs to stay over the roads to be clear of buildings.

Scoobless
Originally posted by psycho gundam
not entirely, peregrine falcons hunt in cityscapes like that all the time, though warren is far larger he only needs to stay over the roads to be clear of buildings.

Didn't you say he'd just go straight up then down to his target? it's far enough away that he'd have to get well above the buildings to do that.

psycho gundam
Didn't you say he'd just go straight up then down to his target? it's far enough away that he'd have to get well above the buildings to do that. straight up as in a 45 degree then speeding up to a 80 degree climb while weaving past power lines or whatever. then using his eagle-like vision he could spot the location of the trouble and dive at 270 degrees towards it. thats what i was getting at.

[EC] Icarus II

Parked outside the poolhall?

Actually, it's hovering outside the poolhall..

Scoobless
Originally posted by Icarus II
Actually, it's hovering outside the poolhall..

Sure it is.

Again, this is standard (as in everyday) transportation, he gets the car, not the plane, boat, helicopter, space ship, submarine or whatever other vehicles he owns though.

erm

Metalmanx
Spidey (he's just too good at doing this)
Angel (who would be a VERY close second, as he can fly extremely fast)
3-D Man
Batman

Juk3n
Man-Spider gets there first.

No mention of the others, there are no cookies for 2nd 3rd and last!

carnage52

Parked outside the poolhall? its not a pool hall its a hanger in disguise.

TricksterPriest
Archangel would do better than normal. He was able to hit Mach speeds with his metal wings.

Scoobless
No metal wings here though.

psycho gundam
still angel

he could probably just call them and offer the thieves twice what they were going to get for knocking off the joint. the bat can't do that in this scenario wink

Scoobless
3D man has feats of running at 100 mph.

the ninjak
Angel should win this. He can reach high ground quickly at 112 mph and swoop at 180 mph.

Though Spidey can sling buildings quickly and can use gravity against the higher buildings to launch himself over blocks. But it takes time for him to achieve this. And we don't know the height or location of the buildings in this scenario.

Angel should take this.

1. Angel
2. Spidey
3. Bats
4. 3D Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.