book report

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

copcally
I have a question about book report writing. If you know the answer, please let me know. After going through various chapters, do you have to write about each chapter indivdiually or you just summarize all the things? Please help.

inimalist
Originally posted by copcally
I have a question about book report writing. If you know the answer, please let me know. After going through various chapters, do you have to write about each chapter indivdiually or you just summarize all the things? Please help.

normally, one just summarizes main themes and parts

do what you want, like, develop a style of your own for writing, but its more important in a book report that you understand the overall story than the specific little parts, imho

chillmeistergen
Write about the plot over all, giving reference to particular chapters and quotes as evidence. Make sure you talk of the general themes and motifs throughout it, and how the characters contribute to them.

What book is it?

Bardock42
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
What book is it?

The Book of Love

no expression

Lara
Damn!!! its been so long since I wrote a book report!!!! Basically what every one else has said. The main idea of a book report is to show that you understood the plot, themes and general appeal of the book. you can also include your likes and dislikes about the book. so yeah. there you go big grin

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Depends on what your teacher wants. Ask for some guidelines. Otherwise, spam "F*CK YOU, C*NT" in size 72 font for ten pages.

Lara
hysterical

botankus

If you can't summarize the book in one word then either you suck, the book sucks, or both.

Croatoa
Sparknotes to the rescue.

DigiMark007
I'm an English teacher, so my opinion matters more than these other losers.

A lot depends on what level you're at. 5th grade? 12th grade? Somewhere between? Expectations are wildly different at various grades. Second, did your teacher give you any guidelines for writing the paper, or perhaps a rubric that details how they'll be grading it? It might not be flashy, but generally going through any materials they've given you, and making sure you cover each point that the teacher outlines, will get you a passing grade. This might include a prompt (topic) to write about as well, though sometimes it is more open-ended, and you can write about whatever you like.

Find a central theme to talk about, unless there's a prompt like I mentioned earlier. Or focus on a specific character. But something that includes the entire book, not just small sections of it. Then go through the book and find specific quotes, phrases, or events that support your main point. Break it up into logical sections via paragraphs, cite the quote/event/etc. and then relate it to your topic in your own words. I'm hoping you've been taught something along the lines of the 5-paragraph essay format (bland, but useful for churning out B papers). If not, simply write to the best of your ability, always include one more quote or point than you think you should have, and try to enjoy yourself.

And feel free to PM me with the finished product if you want some constructive criticism. I have the time. I'd tell you to post it here, but given the sarcasm, insanity, and general lack of tact of some of our members, they might rip you a new one.

wink

Symmetric Chaos

Ask your teacher . . .

darrellalmeida
first of all make sure what your teacher wants?
book report or book review

read the whole damn book and then break your book report writing into three parts

Introduction
Body
Conclusion

these parts are self explanatory so I don;t eed to tell you what you have to put in each part.
smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.