The Dark Knight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Now that the movie is out i want it on dvd !! its a must have dvd the movie is too good !!

I want it i cant wait a two disk set

MildPossession
KNIGHT.

It will no doubt probably get some nice limited and special editions like Batman Begins. I will be buying.

Mairuzu
For the fail

Dusty
Dark Night? ouch.

Yeah, I'll probably be picking up the Bluray.

Impediment
Fixed.

Mairuzu
Woo!

The j0keR
I cant wait for the bluray, the prologue on the recent Begins bluray is the best HD image I have seen yet.

moviebuff1084
I am guessing Christmas is when it will be out. I am hoping for a 3 or 4 disc set lol.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by moviebuff1084
I am guessing Christmas is when it will be out. I am hoping for a 3 or 4 disc set lol. christmas seems a tad late? i was thinking late oct - nov

maybe christmas time for the delux dvd

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by The j0keR
I cant wait for the bluray, the prologue on the recent Begins bluray is the best HD image I have seen yet.

Oh man, the IMAX shots in Dark Knight should be super amazing then.

Dusty
Originally posted by Mairuzu
christmas seems a tad late? i was thinking late oct - nov

maybe christmas time for the delux dvd

December 1st for scheduled DVD.

BruceSkywalker
The Dark Knight will prolly be out around christmas time. But when it does. I'm buying all copies

AdamW.
I'll be getting it on DVD as well. I don't care much for special features, I'd only get it for that if it was something really good. If not, I'd usually just choose the edition with the best cover(or the one with the slip on).

pamella_cole
Coming in third place with $16.3 and dropping 47% from last week's total was 'Step Brothers'. The Will Ferrell - John C. Reilly film has taken in a healthy $63 million dollars at the gate so far. 'Mamma Mia' continues to dance with good numbers, posting $13 million for fourth place and grossing $88 million. Like it or not, the ABBA songs are appealing to newcomers.

Da Joker
Can't wait to see what all they'll have on the DVD and the fact that it comes out December 2nd is even better considering how close it is to my birthday.

MildPossession
I've got the 9th of December for the blu ray disc, and 18th of November for the DVD release. That's for region 1 countries.

The j0keR
Why would Bluray and DVD be different?

MildPossession
Who knows, that is what I got from a place that is usually right for release dates. So hope they carry on getting it right. Can get it on dvd early, yay.

Somewhere even said November 1st for both editions, rumoured.

The j0keR
I'd be willing to bet money on both coming out together.

MildPossession
Well I'm not bothered as long as the DVD comes out early like predicted, not a blu ray person yet until they sort the normal blu ray players out(outside of PS3).

Da Joker
I'm not a Blu-Ray person yet either (the only Blu-Ray disc I have is SM-3 which came free with my PS3) so I'll be getting TDK on regular DVD. I look forward to whatever special features it may hold.

The j0keR
You have PS3 but dont use bluray? No HDtv?

Da Joker
I don't care for blu-ray too much.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Whats the difference between Blue-Ray and DVD?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Whats the difference between Blue-Ray and DVD? Blu-Ray has about 8 times the storing capacities.

coolmovies
its out at xmas

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/santa-brings-the-dark-knight-for-x-mas-4461

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Bardock42
Blu-Ray has about 8 times the storing capacities.

So when then do people in this thread say they would rather purchase the DVD? (Is there a reason other than they don't have Blu-Ray players?)

The j0keR
Whats the difference between Blue-Ray and DVD?

Picture quality, if you have the TV for it. I cant watch regular DVDs after getting Bluray

Bardock42
So when then do people in this thread say they would rather purchase the DVD? (Is there a reason other than they don't have Blu-Ray players?)

Well, there are two mores I can think of, Blu Ray disks are more expensive and they are not of much advantage if you don't have the necessary HD equipment (i.e. a Monitor or Television that can show the superior picture). Also, a lot of people probably want to play it safe, you don't really want to buy a lot of stuff for a medium that might just die out the next day.

I only assume though, from what I read about it, I myself don't have a Blu Ray player, yet.

MildPossession

Bardock42
I think his "I can't watch DVDs anymore" was more metaphorical for "It just all looks shit to me now...I tasted the sweet taste of HD ... and life is not worth living without it anymore".

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by The j0keR
Picture quality, if you have the TV for it. I cant watch regular DVDs after getting Bluray

It isn't that great a difference to me, personally.

I don't sit there watching DVDs thinking "If only this were in higher definition.".

-AC

The j0keR
Too me there is a very noticeable difference.

Originally posted by MildPossession
Joker - What do you mean you can't watch DVDs when you have blu ray? blue ray players play normal dvds, and it doesn't make the quality of the dvd worse...

I meant I choose not too. stick out tongue

Scythe
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It isn't that great a difference to me, personally.

I don't sit there watching DVDs thinking "If only this were in higher definition.".

-AC

I agree, I almost see it as a way to get more money out of us.

Da Joker
I've stuck to regular DVD's. In fact, the only Blu-Ray disc I have is SM-3 which came with my PS3. I love special features and all that, but I don't see why there needs to be Blu-Ray, doesn't even seem all that great to me anyway.

Doctor-Alvis
With blue ray you can squeeze in those three hours of bloopers. That is my dream of the disced movie world.

Da Joker
Truthfully, I could care less about bloopers.

Scythe
I'd buy the Blu-Ray dvd if it had plenty of Batman movies and not just one...

coolmovies
Its called blu ray disk not blu ray dvd mad

Impediment
And?

MildPossession
It's diSC not diSK stick out tongue

Bla bla.

BruceSkywalker
Not sure if I believe this just yet, but according to blu-ray.com, The Dark Knight is coming out in all formats on 12/16/08

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1736

MildPossession
Deluxe edition for me. Region 3 countries did a gorgeous edition of Batman Begins, so hopefully will do a nice edition of Dark Knight(I'm hoping Korea will because their dvds are amazing).

It's this year for a release, so I'm happy whenever it comes out.

coolmovies
Are we gonna get a steel book ?

Kovacs86
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Not sure if I believe this just yet, but according to blu-ray.com, The Dark Knight is coming out in all formats on 12/16/08

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1736

There aren't sixteen months in a year...

MildPossession
16th of December... it's the American way of putting the date I believe.

BruceSkywalker

Yes it is. Sometimes I will write a date like that.

Kovacs86

I know. It's still wrong. wink

BruceSkywalker
There's a rumor going around that TDK is being moved up from Dec 16 to Dec 9.

MildPossession
Oooooooo a whole 6 or so days...

Mairuzu
they said early december

moviebuff1084
They are supposed to be re - realising the movie in theaters in jan so DVD may not come out till after that.

MildPossession
No the dvd is coming out this year.

moviebuff1084
I hope so.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by coolmovies
Are we gonna get a steel book ? I like the slide-on case better actually.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by moviebuff1084
They are supposed to be re - realising the movie in theaters in jan so DVD may not come out till after that. Source? Proof?

moviebuff1084
Okay i just double checked it and the DVD is coming out in Dec as of now. And they are still re - realising the movie in theaters in Jan.

coolmovies
blu ray

coolmovies
Dvd

MildPossession
HMV here will probably do a choice for dvd covers, have done on a number of new releases.

I prefer the steelbooks, gorgeous boxes, but yes, do like slipcases too.

SnakeEyes
Sometimes... I.. throw away the slipcases... embarrasment

MildPossession
Tut tut SnakeEyes! are you the one who keeps them in silly little plastic slips in folders... stick out tongue

SnakeEyes
Dear God, no! The slip cases just make the DVDs too big to fit on my DVD rack, so sacrifices must be made.

MildPossession
Ahh. Who was the silly billy I was thinking of then...

WrathfulDwarf
I read somewhere that the Blu-ray edition will cost $35.99.

Are they ***ken retarded???? I don't even have a blu-ray machine. Why the bloody blue blazers do I need one?

DVD is here to stay for many more years in my book.

@stroFan
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Are they ***ken retarded???? I don't even have a blu-ray machine. Why the bloody blue blazers do I need one?

Im sure that is probably for the super duper edition, but most standard bluray movies seem to be $25 to $29. I got Iron Man for $24.99, and that is the 2 disc ultimate edition, which is the only version on that format.

coolmovies
ok the R1 DVD will look like this

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/the-dark-knight.html

MildPossession
You can get a gorgeous 2 disc steelbook edition in shape of Iron Man's face, looks gorgeous. On Region 2 dvd.

As for Batman, it will get something else later on in the 2009, no doubt, so if there isn't a nice edition that I can find, might just wait.

moviebuff1084

Amen brother.

BruceSkywalker

Can't wait to buy several copies

Darth Martin
Why do you buy several copies?

MildPossession
Have no idea why someone would... if they want to waste their money. I just find the best edition going, nice boxes and so on, on whatever region.

I mean, look what Korea did for Batman Begins:

http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail.asp?idx=2899&location=Search&genre=

Be nice to see if they do such a thing for Dark Knight.

Markus Corvinus
Buying several copies is just a HUGE waste of money, unless the other six are for others.

I'm looking forward to getting the DVD, largely because I'm hoping for some interviews with Ledger, and of course, any special featurettes there may be.

The MadParty
that movie sux, heath ledger was a no talent bit actor.george clooney is the only real batman. o wait a minute, that movie is fekkin awesome. can't wait for the DVD

Devil King

I am right there with you. Not only is the format perfectly good, but the Blu-Ray cases are smaller than the DVD cases. That just doesn't jive with me. The uniformity of my DVD collection is something I value. I'm not going to screw it up by switching formats. Besides, I've spent the last 5 years updating my movie collection to DVD, I have no intentions of starting all over again. I mean, if I buy a new Indiana Jones boxset, it'll have that awful Kingdon of the Crystal Skull movie. If I own it, I doubt I'll be able to resist watching it; which has been very easy so far.

Damn. I usually get the single disc editions, because the making of and special features do nothing for me. But from the looks of it, the only way to get a copy with The Joker on the cover is to shell out an extra $10. (Yeah, it means that much to me.)

MildPossession
I just ordered the Dark Knight: Limited Edition Bat Mask DVD, like the Iron Man shaped box I mentioned in another topic.

T.M
I just ordered the Dark Knight: Limited Edition Bat Mask DVD, like the Iron Man shaped box I mentioned in another topic.

Thats the one I am getting too.

MildPossession
It's fantastic isn't it. I just hope they have enough because obviously it's pre ordered. Better not run out!!

T.M
Yeah I know I am going to get it pre ordered asap.

Scythe
I just ordered the Dark Knight: Limited Edition Bat Mask DVD, like the Iron Man shaped box I mentioned in another topic. I want to see that.

SnakeEyes
I think I'm getting the 2-disc Joker cover one.

MildPossession
I'd get a Joker one if they had it in the mask shaped box form, over the bat mask. I do like the cover with the Joker on though, nice design work. I don't want two copies though.

BruceSkywalker
Just pre-ordered mine

Darth Martin
2 more weeks.

Kelly_Bean
Comes out Tuesday! *Clap clap*

I don't know if I'm going to buy it now or see if they'll come out with some type of special edition. erm

MildPossession
The batmask is special edition enough for me.

T.M
The batmask is special edition enough for me.

Ditto.

MildPossession
There are 2 disc special editions, the bat mask edition, one edition in a box that looks like the shape of his belt with a bat mobile toy(or something like this with it).

Don't think there will be anything in the future that's important.

njba46
This movie looks so good. I can't believe I didn't see it yet.

Kelly_Bean
There are 2 disc special editions, the bat mask edition, one edition in a box that looks like the shape of his belt with a bat mobile toy(or something like this with it).

Don't think there will be anything in the future that's important.
REALLY? They have a 2-disc special edition! dance
Gotta get it.

MildPossession
Well in the UK they do. I believe over in America, Best Buy has an awful lot of different editions?

Darth Martin
Steelbox for me from F.Y.E., soon as school's over tommorow!

WrathfulDwarf
I'm going to the midnight release @ my local Best Buy. I'm hoping the collectable joker figure is still on available.

Scythe
Pre-ordered it from Amazon.com, I won't spend more than 13 bucks on a dvd.

coolmovies
is it worth paying full price for a film you have not seen ?

Kelly_Bean
Well in the UK they do. I believe over in America, Best Buy has an awful lot of different editions?
I must investigate!
I'm going to the midnight release @ my local Best Buy. I'm hoping the collectable joker figure is still on available.
I hate you. cry
is it worth paying full price for a film you have not seen ?
Depends on who you talk to. In my opinion, yes. Why not just rent it first then decide for yourself?

Impediment
I'll buy it this weekend.

SnakeEyes
Went to Best Buy at midnight to get my copy. Already watched it with a friend.

BruceSkywalker
Bought my five copies..

WOOT WOOT

SnakeEyes
Bought my five copies..

WOOT WOOT blink

coolmovies
why five copies ?? i can only afford one myself let alone five

Kelly_Bean
Stocking stuffers? stick out tongue

MildPossession
One DVD is enough for me... I'm already buying three Mamma Mia! DVDs... ha ha.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
I hate you. cry

But I'm just soooooo full of love! (among other things)

Kelly_Bean
But I'm just soooooo full of love! (among other things)
Okay I love you again. stick out tongue

I am definitely disappointed at the 2-disc set that I paid $10.00 more for when I could've got the $20.00 one instead. I figured the special features would be great but they're not.

MildPossession
There is a bit of disappointment going around I've seen in many places about the extras on both the dvd and blu ray.

For me though, I'm not one who is that bothered about extras on dvds.

BruceSkywalker

I bought five because, I'm giving one each to my oldest nephew, my sister and a good female friend who lives in England as a christmas present..

As for the other two, they are mine, One I'm opening and watching on a daily basis and the other one I'm keeping unopened and I may sell it on eBay or just keep it locked up to sell down the road in a few years

Kelly_Bean

One I'm opening and watching on a daily basis

That's my attitude too. crylaugh

moviefanatic04
Got the special addition and watched all about the bat suit. pretty sweet to hear how they made it an all. also have the digital copy so i can watch it on the ipod.

chloeclover
I saw it the night before it came out on DVD, i was waiting and waiting, it was great! This Batman is much better than the past few in my opinion, well besides the original.

Tommy Jarvis
I got the single disc edition for my b-day three months ago....I really felt that the "Special Edition" DVD's were a ripoff, especially since the featurettes were already shown on TV months prior.

MildPossession
Not here they were not. The Bat Mask edition I got was selling for around the same price as the single disc in places near me, so went for the two disc limited set, it's looks gorgeous on the shelf with the Iron Man mask, he he.

BruceSkywalker
Not here they were not. The Bat Mask edition I got was selling for around the same price as the single disc in places near me, so went for the two disc limited set, it's looks gorgeous on the shelf with the Iron Man mask, he he.

you should have both Iron Man and The Dark Knight back to back sometime

WrathfulDwarf
I finally check out the Blu-ray edition of TDK. Very impressive I must say....however, I'm still not willing to jump on the Blu-ray wagon yet.

The-Hulk
I went and bought the 2-disc Joker exclusive of The Dark Knight at Circuit City.

RIP CC.

Flaming-Hobo
I now own the Blu-Ray and Normal DVD of TDK. The Blu-Ray rocks! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.