ScareCrow in DK?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
Near the beginning of the movie, in the garage......was that Dr. Jonathan Crane with the mask and sparying the gas? or was it the guy who Harvey captures near the middle?

The j0keR
That was Crane, he sounded a little different, but it was definatly him.

SpaceMonkey
That was Scarecrow/Crane. He was again played by Cilian Murphy.

Endrict Nuul
Cool thought so...

The j0keR
Im hoping he comes back for a bigger role in the third movie, I loved him in Begins. big grin

BruceSkywalker
The early scene with Scarecrow/Crane was it. I don't believe he is returning for 3.

vvvrulz
I was bitterly disappointed at how little screen time he got.

He had the most energy in Batman Begins!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by vvvrulz

I believe it was just the cameo role in The Dark Knight.

Kinneary
Originally posted by vvvrulz

You can't keep reintroducing the same villain. It was just a nod to the first movie, and it was handled pretty well, I thought. I liked him in Begins, but I don't want to see him returning again.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kinneary
You can't keep reintroducing the same villain. It was just a nod to the first movie, and it was handled pretty well, I thought. I liked him in Begins, but I don't want to see him returning again.

I share the same thoughts

SelinaAndBruce
I don't think he should have had an active role in The Dark Knight but the thing is I felt like he got shafted in Begins and deserved better

Dreamreaver
Yeah I agree with SelenaAndBruce on that one. I thought it was nice that they included him in the cameo but he really didn't have a place in the Dark Knight film...other than to show that things were still kind of f***ed up in Gotham City.

SelinaAndBruce
Yea he really deserved better in Begins than he got. Being defeated by Rachel was kind of wack for the scarecrow, lol

Devil King
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Near the beginning of the movie, in the garage......was that Dr. Jonathan Crane with the mask and sparying the gas? or was it the guy who Harvey captures near the middle?

hAVe yOu WaTchEd thEse moVIEs?

I thought I'd type it out in this fashion so that you understood I was a demented villain that understood the movie while understanding that I was credible enough to answer your question.

vvvrulz
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
Yea he really deserved better in Begins than he got. Being defeated by Rachel was kind of wack for the scarecrow, lol

Haha yeah, thats why I was hoping that TDK would give him 15 mins of redemption. I don't think he even got 15 seconds though sad

Da Joker
I certainly wouldn't mind him returning, he's one of my favorite villains.

U Neek
Him and Joker teaming up would have been awesome!

Da Joker
Not in this movie. This movie is best the way it was, and if one thing were changed, it wouldn't be as great anymore.

But I still think Scarecrow should return and get more screentime in the third...nothing too major though.

U Neek
I wasn't on about them pairing up in TDK, I meant after they had established the character of the Joker in Nolan's universe.

I.e. in a third Batman movie Nolan could have paired these two crazies together to bring Gotham to its knees, like they nearly did in the Knightfall storyline.

However with Heath's passing I wouldn't be in favour of this idea.

Apologies, I should have made my post clearer...

Da Joker
Yeah, recasting the Joker would be a big slap in the face to everyone. But, if they do, whoever they get better try their own style and not imitate what Heath did.

Almighty Bauer
Anyone who tried to replace Ledger (at least so soon after his death), would almost certainly fail- either he'd try to do it differently and be hated from changing the character so much, or he'd be criticised for being a carbon copy of Ledger's joke. I can't see a way anyone could make it work. There's no need to bring the Joker back, so it shouldn't be done.

Da Joker
Yeah, that's so true. Maybe make a reference towards him, but bringing someone in would kind of be spitting on Heath's work.

Neo Darkhalen
Apparently Scarecrow is a guard on the convicts ferry at the end of TDK, which means he has obviously escaped, if that is so then i expect to see him in the next film.

U Neek
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Apparently Scarecrow is a guard on the convicts ferry at the end of TDK, which means he has obviously escaped, if that is so then i expect to see him in the next film.

Geez that is freaking awesome! Have you seen this for yourself or is this something you have read somewhere?

I wish I knew that before I went to watch TDK for a second time! I would have kept an eye out for Crane when the ferry part came on.

If he does return in a third Batman movie, one thing I hope Nolan does is give the guy a costume! I don't really like seeing Crane wear the Scarecrow mask with a suit.

I could understand in Begins why he would do this, but in TDK, the short scene that had Crane in should have showed him in a full scarecrow type costume. But then he was at a "business" meeting I suppose...

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Apparently Scarecrow is a guard on the convicts ferry at the end of TDK, which means he has obviously escaped, if that is so then i expect to see him in the next film. No, that guy just looks like Cillian Murphy. It says as much on the FAQ on IMDB.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
Anyone who tried to replace Ledger (at least so soon after his death), would almost certainly fail- either he'd try to do it differently and be hated from changing the character so much, or he'd be criticised for being a carbon copy of Ledger's joke. I can't see a way anyone could make it work. There's no need to bring the Joker back, so it shouldn't be done.

Excellent words and Chris Nolan himself agrees

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Da Joker
Yeah, that's so true. Maybe make a reference towards him, but bringing someone in would kind of be spitting on Heath's work.

Not "spitting on his work"... In fact, it wouldn't be disrespectful at all... Anyone who thinks that he'd be disrespecting Ledger, I'm not entirely sure why you think that...

It'd just be a stupid thing to do...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.