Fantastic Five vs X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
The two teams must incapacitate the other team to win, but they CANNOT KILL any of the other team.

Fight in Times Square. They start the battle 3 blocks apart.

Reed Richards, Invisible Woman, The Thing, Human Torch, and Spiderman

vs

Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Colossus and Kitty Pryde

ScarletSpeed
Give this to team one, they have arial advantage,

I think Storm would be the only one who would give them bother.

I would give it to team 1 7/10

carver9
I give this to the xmen, if wolverine fights the thing (and would most def win) who's going to stop colossus. Wolverine can fight any of the fighters on the fantastic five and win.

Theres no one to stop kitty and colossus and if cyclops take off his glasses he could basically wipe out the entire team. Storm has already dealt with human torch in the past and quite easily. She could repeat the process.

Raoul
Originally posted by Starscream M
The two teams must incapacitate the other team to win, but they CANNOT KILL any of the other team.

vs

if they take out sue quickly, i see the x-men stomping it...

Boy Blue
Meh, I'm pretty sure Sue can summon a shield as fast as Scott can target her (or Storm for that matter)

Raoul
Originally posted by Boy Blue
Meh, I'm pretty sure Sue can summon a shield as fast as Scott can target her (or Storm for that matter)

hence the 'if'

stick out tongue

Starscream M
guys, also take the NO KILLING rule into account...so Cyclops cant just go buck wild with his omega blast, invisible woman cant just insert bubbles into Xmens brains, etc

see if that affects which team you think wins

Boy Blue
Sue can still incapacitate by making shields around their heads until they run out of air.

And Cyke's standard blasts would ktfo Sue and maybe Johnny, but not kill.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Boy Blue
Sue can still incapacitate by making shields around their heads until they run out of air.

And Cyke's standard blasts would ktfo Sue and maybe Johnny, but not kill. Colossus doesnt need to breathe right?

kitty can phase underground so Sue wont be able to target her

storm can hide in cloud cover and unleash thunderstorm to prevent johnny from coming after her

just some options

Boy Blue
Fair points. I expect that Logan would be particularly hard to suffocate as well.

I don't really know how the F5 are gonna put down Kitty... Colossus can at least possibly succumb to brute force.

Nemesis X
Xmen win this

jrodslam
It basically comes down to storm and Sue imo.

StyleTime
I think some of you are sleeping on Kitty here. The Fantastic Five are going to have just as difficult a time dealing with her as the X-Men would with Sue.

xmarksthespot
Cyclops blasts are now depicted to act like light... so I'm curious how they would react to Sue's translucent forcefields.

Kitty wins...

Starscream M
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Cyclops blasts are now depicted to act like light... so I'm curious how they would react to Sue's translucent forcefields.

Kitty wins... Sue could also just turn her entire team invisible...

janus77
didn't Spiderman already beat the X-men once or twice?
granted it's most likely CIS but, surely that says something about Parker's superior battle wits?

xmarksthespot
They'd still smell...

Starscream M
They'd still smell... smell can tell you they're in the general vicinity, but it'd be hard to pinpoint the exact locations...which is critical in a fight

also, Logan won't exactly be giving directions for locations for 5 people while fighting as well

StyleTime

Kitty wins...
That is an interesting thought. I see where you're going there........

calling them forcfields instead of forcebubbles. Cyclop's could pop a bubble after all.

Initially, I believed Kitty would take this as well. It's just that Sue could turn invisible and maybe force a stalemate because Kitty wouldn't find her. Although, I guess Kitty could smell her perfume or something.

Metalmanx
What's to stop Cyke from blasting a wide radius in the instance that Sue turns her team invisible?

Invisibility =/= Invulnerability.

StyleTime
I was assuming the battle beforehand would have taken everyone out except for Kitty and Sue. Sue could do the whole forcebubble in the head thing for most of the X-Men. I didn't see the no death rule until now though. However, she could still suffocate a good number of the X-Men.

xmarksthespot
An invisible Sue and an intangible Shadowcat could pretty much amount to stalemate. I do however have an instance of a Shadowcat phasing through an Invisible Woman's forcefields... but it's an alternate universe and they're both dinosaur-people... so it probably doesn't count...

llagrok
Originally posted by Metalmanx
What's to stop Cyke from blasting a wide radius in the instance that Sue turns her team invisible?

Invisibility =/= Invulnerability. '

The bubble in his brain?

If we're assuming that Cyclops will go apeshit with his visor, then we have to assume that Sue will go all out.

Meaning that everybody barring Colossus and possibly Shadowcat would die in like a second.

Raoul
cyclops can still fire non lethal wide beams, he's done it before...

llagrok
Originally posted by Raoul
cyclops can still fire non lethal wide beams, he's done it before...

Of course, but would those go through Sue's shields? They can take quite a lot D:

carver9
colossus does a fast ball special with kitty and throw her into sue forcefield ending with kitty grabbing her and phasing her into the ground. Then the xmen rip through the rest of the team. Xmen 7/10

Raoul
Originally posted by llagrok
Of course, but would those go through Sue's shields? They can take quite a lot D:

he'd have to increase the power quite a bit, but i don't see a non lethal blast penetrating her shield, tbh... anything that did break through would probably turn her to mush...

Metalmanx
Has Sue ever done both invisibility and shielding at the same time? And if so, does she do it often? I've read a lot of Fantastic Four and whatnot, but I can't really recall any instance where she's done both. Or at least done both effectively.

StyleTime
I don't think she'll need to do both simultaneously. Initially, her visibility won't matter. She could just head bubble everyone. It's once she inevitably faces off against Shadowcat that she'll need to vanish.

Starscream M
Sue could get creative and turn the X-Men invisible or parts of them invisible just to fuc% with them

Nemesis X
Sue will just put a force field in their heads and expand the force field to blow their heads up just as seen in Marvel Zombies.

Reed, Johnny, Ben, and Spider-Man will just sit back, grab a couple sodas and watch a bunch of heads explode with a large amount of brain chunks flying.

StyleTime
....until they get their brains gently removed by Shadowcat. Not to mention, Cyclops could probably take some of them out with a wide beam just as fast as Sue could with brain bubbles. Storm as well.

Of course, if Sue managed to do what you said it would force a stalemate. They need a way of dealing with Kitty.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Sue will just put a force field in their heads and expand the force field to blow their heads up just as seen in Marvel Zombies.

Reed, Johnny, Ben, and Spider-Man will just sit back, grab a couple sodas and watch a bunch of heads explode with a large amount of brain chunks flying.

Originally posted by StyleTime
....until they get their brains gently removed by Shadowcat. Not to mention, Cyclops could probably take some of them out with a wide beam just as fast as Sue could with brain bubbles. Storm as well.

Of course, if Sue managed to do what you said it would force a stalemate. They need a way of dealing with Kitty.

That, and the fact that they can't kill anyone. The thread-starter made it pretty clear that neither team is allowed to kill the other.

Indestructible
X-men Stomp Fantasic Five

StyleTime
That, and the fact that they can't kill anyone. The thread-starter made it pretty clear that neither team is allowed to kill the other.
True. Sue could still try and bubble wrap their heads until they pass out. Many of them, like Cyclops, may eventually break free of the bubble. Although while trying to break free of the bubbles, they could be assaulted. On the other hand, Storm or Cyclops could beat the other team to the draw. If they manage to knock Sue out of the battle, the X-Men would probably win.

Meh, this is hard to call. I think it is worth noting that the Fantastic Five would have no way of dealing with Shadowcat regardless of who drew first blood. The X-Men at least have the means to take down anyone on the opposing team.

Considering that, I give a slight edge to X-Men here. 6/10

PRAYERRUN

vs

hmmm......lets see.....Invisible woman vs Kitty pryde (could get interesting)
The Thing vs Colossus (another interesting battle, but I think Thing would take it.)
Reed Richards vs Cyclops (Cyke would be pwened)
Spiderman vs Wolverine(Usually Spidey would win this)
Storm vs Human Torch.( Storm could probably take him out.)

redhotrash
Shadowcat can phase others, thus freeing them from being suffocated, not to mention phase them through Sue's fields.
Also, I thought Reed was vulnerable to energy blasts. I know Doom has done damage with them whenever he connected. Reed should only be able to repel physical attacks.

Raoul
Originally posted by redhotrash
I thought Reed was vulnerable to energy blasts.

he is. especially the type that cyclops uses...

redhotrash
Cyclops could concievably take out Reed, Human Torch, and maybe even thing in 1 sweep then...

norrinradd43
It is true Pete does not need to breath in armored form. Kitty could take out Sue...Wolverine could cheapshot Thing while he fights with colossus and put him down...Spiderman and Reed would be tricky...could the team really hurt Reed?..I lean toward the X-Men in this one

ultimatethor
I say Fantastic five win this. IF all of the members start on the ground (storm in particular)then sue should be able to use her bubbles on most of them. Therefore barring collosus who will eventually get out and kitty( cyke would might be able to but its more likely that his blast will rebound on the inside and end up killing him), the X men will be incapacitated. Johnny and ben would take out collosus while reed and spiderman would think of a strategy to take out kitty while they are invisble.

Raoul
Originally posted by ultimatethor
I say Fantastic five win this. IF all of the members start on the ground (storm in particular)then sue should be able to use her bubbles on most of them. Therefore barring collosus who will eventually get out and kitty( cyke would might be able to but its more likely that his blast will rebound on the inside and end up killing him), the X men will be incapacitated. Johnny and ben would take out collosus while reed and spiderman would think of a strategy to take out kitty while they are invisble.

cyclops' blasts are absorbed back into his body if they hit him...

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Raoul
cyclops' blasts are absorbed back into his body if they hit him...

Thnk 4 info as i had no idea. If thats the case then after his initial attempt to break free fails( Im assuming he does not go all out on the first try) he can increase the power of his blast high enough to break free thereby evening out the match. Im now leaning towards the X men 6/10.

Raoul
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Thnk 4 info as i had no idea. If thats the case then after his initial attempt to break free fails( Im assuming he does not go all out on the first try) he can increase the power of his blast high enough to break free thereby evening out the match. Im now leaning towards the X men 6/10.

np...

norrinradd43
Storm can manipulate the climate around sue to cause her to pass out or become really weak...she has done this to Magneto before so she could do it to Sue. Not to mention Kitty could take her out quickly.

StyleTime
That's the thing though. If Sue becomes invisible, Kitty won't be able to find her, just as Sue wouldn't be able to harm Kitty. It's honestly up to Storm or Cyclops to try and take out Invisble Woman at the start of the match with a fast attack. If they can't do it, the Fantastic Five could at least get a stalemate.

Metalmanx
Uh. Wolverine can sniff/hear Sue out.

Just saying.

Starscream M

Just saying. not if he has a bubble around his head

also, he can sniff that Sue is around, I don't think he can sniff exactly where Sue is if she is on the move

Metalmanx
not if he has a bubble around his head

also, he can sniff that Sue is around, I don't think he can sniff exactly where Sue is if she is on the move

Barring a bubble around the head (that Shadowcat could easily help him escape from), Wolverine would easily be able to sniff her out to her precise location, even if she's moving.

ultimatethor
Barring a bubble around the head (that Shadowcat could easily help him escape from), Wolverine would easily be able to sniff her out to her precise location, even if she's moving.

Shouldnt sue be able to turn wolverine invisible and put a bubble around his head? Ive never seen her use both invisibility and forcefields at the same time but i assume she has done it b4.

Metalmanx
I asked the same question before. No one gave me a conclusive answer.

Regardless, Shadowcat would able to find him. Wolvie's not dumb--he'll make some noise as to where he is, even if he's gotta stomp his foot or his claws together or something.

spiderman1196
Originally posted by Indestructible
X-men Stomp Fantasic Five

i agree

StyleTime

Just saying.
True, but she has a team helping her out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.