Batman 3's Title?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
What should the title be?

I've heard rumors that it will be "Shadow of the Bat". Personally I kinda like "The Caped Crusader".

What do you think?

Bat Dude
Caped Crusader sounds really campy, no offense...

Shadow of the Bat sounds good enough... I have no complaints about that title...

Darth Martin
Yea I was worried about it sounding campy, but I've kinda accepted it over last few days.

Darth Macabre
A third movie might not even happen. Or, rather let me rephrase that, a third movie might not happen with Christian Bale as Bruce.

Darth Martin
And why not? Don't tell me Nolan's quitting.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Darth Martin
And why not? Don't tell me Nolan's quitting. Well, at the very least, he's definitely quitting after the 3rd one. I hear Heath Ledger's untimely death kind of threw them off track.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Well, at the very least, he's definitely quitting after the 3rd one. I hear Heath Ledger's untimely death kind of threw them off track.

That's not what I heard. As a matter of fact David Goyer is already talking about the next film. Now the title Shadow of the Bat sounds perfect.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
That's not what I heard. As a matter of fact David Goyer is already talking about the next film. Now the title Shadow of the Bat sounds perfect. You mean this interview?

David Goyer wouldn't be the one holding the 3rd movie up. None of them have come out and said they're doinga 3rd as far as I know.

Bouboumaster
The Long Halloween

BruceSkywalker
You mean this interview?

David Goyer wouldn't be the one holding the 3rd movie up. None of them have come out and said they're doinga 3rd as far as I know.

But you and I both know that since TDK is doing what its doing, I cannot see WB all of a sudden stop at this one.

Darth Macabre
But you and I both know that since TDK is doing what its doing, I cannot see WB all of a sudden stop at this one. I never said they would stop. Christopher Nolan supposedly wants to parlay this successful movie into a couple of new projects for himself, leaving Batman behind. If he leaves, Bale said he wouldn't (or rather he couldn't see himself) coming back. WB would keep it going, yes, but it wouldn't be the same Batman movies we have come to know, and in my mind, love. That's what I meant when I said...Originally posted by Darth Macabre
A third movie might not even happen. Or, rather let me rephrase that, a third movie might not happen with Christian Bale as Bruce.
This.

WrathfulDwarf
Popular choice is the Caped Crusader.

I think Nolan already hinted that he is taking Batman back to his Detective skills.

So don't be surprise if he names the movie:

Batman: Worlds Greatest Detective.

Devil King
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
he is taking Batman back to his Detective skills.

sounds like a perfect set up for the Riddler.

Myth
The Dark Knight Forever! laughing out loud

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Devil King
sounds like a perfect set up for the Riddler. That it does. Although, I can see them somehow working the Mad Hatter into that just the same; the Mad Hatter would be cool since he would be fresh, rather than another villain from the old movies.

Darth Martin

I think Nolan already hinted that he is taking Batman back to his Detective skills.

Batman: Worlds Greatest Detective. That's all good man but take "Batman:" out of it. Just let it be "The World's Greatest Detective". That's a good one for devoted comic fans but would probably fall dull with casualm moviegoers.

Mairuzu
"The Batman"

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Devil King
sounds like a perfect set up for the Riddler.

Precisely my good ol Watson!

SpaceMonkey
Batman 3 or Batman The Third. Haha laughing out loud

Mairuzu
Batman returns hahahaa

Myth
That it does. Although, I can see them somehow working the Mad Hatter into that just the same; the Mad Hatter would be cool since he would be fresh, rather than another villain from the old movies.

It would be interesting if while Batman is tracking down The Riddler, Deadshot is hired to go after Batman since Batman is on the run.

BruceSkywalker
True, but don't be surprised if WB throws a lot of money their way. As for a title for 3 What about The Dark Knight Detective

Darth Martin
The Dark Knight Returns

Myth
The Dark Knight Returns

If this was a vote, then that one would have 2 already big grin

ScarletSpeed

Batman: Worlds Greatest Detective.

then they would have to have The Riddlersmile

SnakeEyes
Both titles mentioned in the first post are terrible imo.

The Dark Knight Returns would work for me. It sounds solid and not too lame/campy (not to mention it was also the Frank Miller story arc about Batman).

Myth
Dark Knight: Episode III: Revenge of the Batman

lol.

Menetnashté
I don't think it's going to be anything with the Dark Knight in it, and I don't think it'll be another Comic title, but as to the title itself I have no ideas.

Myth
Batman: Redemption

Kainreaver
I was thinking "The Batman" as mentioned earlier, but screw it, if it is to be the last Nolan Batman, they might as well wrap it up and call it "Knightfall"

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Kainreaver
I was thinking "The Batman" as mentioned earlier, but screw it, if it is to be the last Nolan Batman, they might as well wrap it up and call it "Knightfall"
thumb up

Endrict Nuul
Worlds Greatest Detective or Knightfall.

Phantom Zone
Personally I kinda like "The Caped Crusader".

Wow thats a terrible suggestion. sick

Mairuzu
if its the riddler

name the movie "Batman?"

laughing out loud

Bat Dude
Batman: Full Circle

It makes sense because Batman will solidify himself as Gotham's guardian, and it takes from a Batman graphic novel featuring (guess who?) The Reaper, who would be in the next one if I had my way...

SnakeEyes
"Batman: Full Circle" sucks ass. As does World's Greatest Detective, Caped Crusader, etc.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Myth
Dark Knight: Episode III: Revenge of the Batman

lol.

hahahahahaha

I still like Shadow of the Bat.

Endrict Nuul
hahahahahaha

I still like Shadow of the Bat.

Yeah, that's not bad....

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Yeah, that's not bad....

It was rumored to be the title of the 3rd film a while back. And it could turn out to be the title

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
"Batman: Full Circle" sucks ass. As does World's Greatest Detective, Caped Crusader, etc.

Sarcasm: Wow, you're a real nice guy...

If you think my idea sucks ass, what do YOU suggest?

At least Full Circle has something to do with the plot, like "The Dark Knight" did... Honestly, didn't we cringe when he heard the title "Batman Begins"? But it ALSO made sense to the plot of the film... Full Circle MAKES SENSE... More than World's Greatest Detective, more than Caped Crusader, more than even Shadow of the Bat...

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Bat Dude

At least Full Circle has something to do with the plot, like "The Dark Knight" did... Honestly, didn't we cringe when he heard the title "Batman Begins"? But it ALSO made sense to the plot of the film... Full Circle MAKES SENSE... More than World's Greatest Detective, more than Caped Crusader, more than even Shadow of the Bat...

Wow, you are really full of yourself aren't you?

Bat Dude
Wow, you are really full of yourself aren't you?

When exactly did I ever say that?

All I said was that the title "Full Circle" would actually make sense to the plot of the film, while titles like "Caped Crusader" or "Shadow of the Bat" wouldn't... Never did I ever say I was a great guy for coming up with it or something like that... I merely stated what I think...

Endrict Nuul
When exactly did I ever say that?

All I said was that the title "Full Circle" would actually make sense to the plot of the film, while titles like "Caped Crusader" or "Shadow of the Bat" wouldn't... Never did I ever say I was a great guy for coming up with it or something like that... I merely stated what I think...

Well, it kinda comes off that way. Your so set on Reaper being the next villain and now this. But I could be wrong.

Bat Dude
Well, it kinda comes off that way. Your so set on Reaper being the next villain and now this. But I could be wrong.

I'm sorry if I came off as self centered and arrogant, that was never my intention embarrasment ... It's just, I'm so sick of the cliche Batman film titles like Caped Crusader and Shadow of the Bat, and I'm so sick of the constant rotation of Joker, Two-Face, Riddler, Penguin and Catwoman... It's like, I'd like to see something new, you know?

I really liked Begins for the fact that Scarecrow was played perfectly and that they explained to the general public why Ras Al Ghul is so much of a threat... If Reaper got the Ras treatment, I could see the public really getting behind him as a major villain...

BruceSkywalker
Another title I like is The Batman. But I love Shadow of the Bat because like the title suggests Batman will be hiding in the shadows from the bad cops, protecting the citizens of Gotham and fighting evildoers.

Mairuzu
For Riddler

Who is Batman?

actually that sucks..

just name the movie Bruce Wayne

Deathstroke
Who is this "Reaper" fellow that I've seen mentioned?

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Who is this "Reaper" fellow that I've seen mentioned?

I'm glad you asked!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaper_%28DC_Comics%29

And here's what he looks like:
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Batman/ennemis/Reaper0.gif

Badassery cool

Deathstroke
I'm glad you asked!

Badassery cool
The vigilante angle could work due to TDK already touching on people becoming vigilantes because of Batman. I'm not sure that he has the name recognition that would draw in the general public though unless he was used in conjunction with a more well known villian.

moviebuff1084
I think Shadow of the Bat would be a great title the way the 2nd one ended and all. If not that then maybe Batman the search for more money.

BruceSkywalker
I'm glad you asked!

Badassery cool

I have that issue. Not sure if he will wok though

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Deathstroke
I'm not sure that he has the name recognition that would draw in the general public though unless he was used in conjunction with a more well known villian.

In the B3 Villain thread, I discussed a possible story with Reaper and Riddler as the main villain...

tlbauerle
THE BATMAN is a great title for redeeming the Bat in the next film.

KNIGHTFALL needs to be reserved if they do that story arch, some how. However...you can't really do that arch without making Batman a hero in Gotham's eyes. I don't really think this storyline or Bane will ever see light in this series.

I always thought, for years now, that SHADOW OF THE BAT would be the best title for a Nolan film. The continued esculation of the freaks happens in the "shadow of the bat". He creates them, in essence. The play on words could also work for how Batman is seen as a criminal in the eyes of Gotham, now...with the city continuing to go down hill.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by tlbauerle
THE BATMAN is a great title for redeeming the Bat in the next film.

KNIGHTFALL needs to be reserved if they do that story arch, some how. However...you can't really do that arch without making Batman a hero in Gotham's eyes. I don't really think this storyline or Bane will ever see light in this series.

I always thought, for years now, that SHADOW OF THE BAT would be the best title for a Nolan film. The continued esculation of the freaks happens in the "shadow of the bat". He creates them, in essence. The play on words could also work for how Batman is seen as a criminal in the eyes of Gotham, now...with the city continuing to go down hill.

Great thoughts

SnakeEyes

"Full Circle" makes sense, but it also sucks, as I said. Why? It sounds completely corny/cliche; like something I'd see as the title of a Batman fan-fiction story written by an excited 7th grade fairweather fan who just saw The Dark Knight and decided to write his own shitty version of the third film. Just because it "makes sense" doesn't make it a good title. And for the record, I've never had any problems with the title Batman Begins. Always thought it was fine.

As I said before, I don't have a definitive title that I'd love to see as the name for the third film, but "The Dark Knight Returns" would work for me, even though it is not likely, and also simply "The Batman" would be cool imo. I'm not a fan of corny sounding names like "Shadow of the Bat" or "The World's Greatest Detective."

I'm not trying to insult you personally, I'm just saying that the title you suggested sounds utterly terrible.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
"Full Circle" makes sense, but it also sucks, as I said. Why? It sounds completely corny/cliche; like something I'd see as the title of a Batman fan-fiction story written by an excited 7th grade fairweather fan who just saw The Dark Knight and decided to write his own shitty version of the third film. Just because it "makes sense" doesn't make it a good title. And for the record, I've never had any problems with the title Batman Begins. Always thought it was fine.

As I said before, I don't have a definitive title that I'd love to see as the name for the third film, but "The Dark Knight Returns" would work for me, even though it is not likely, and also simply "The Batman" would be cool imo. I'm not a fan of corny sounding names like "Shadow of the Bat" or "The World's Greatest Detective."

I'm not trying to insult you personally, I'm just saying that the title you suggested sounds utterly terrible.

Fair enough, but TDKR, imo, shouldn't be used unless it's an adaptation of TDKR's story...

Quincy

Yeah but it sounds way gay.

PANDAxMoNiUm
Batman Finishes (or Ends)

BruceSkywalker
There are a ton of titles that Chris Nolan can use..

IMO, I am saying with Shadow of the Bat..

In keeping with Nolan's theme, Batman Begins dealt with the origin of Bruce Wayne becoming Batman,

The Dark Knight dealt with why Batman is called exactly that and in Batman 3, since Batman is on the run, staying in the shadows and within/outside the law fighting crime is so perfect for the aply titled Shadow of the Bat

super pr*xy
batman re-returns.. again.. forever.. & robin.

shadow of the bat sounds cool. or the batman.. awesomeness in simplicity..

Nactous
KnightFall

Master Crimzon
I was going to suggest 'The Longest Night', but it turns out there's already a movie with that name no expression. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068875/

Knightfall sounds good, very good. The Dark Knight Returns would work if they make it a '20 years later' type story; not necessarily a direct adaption of the comic. That'll be flat-out awesome, IMO.

In any case, we need a simple title, like 'The Dark Knight' or 'Batman Begins'. Nothing too complicated or fancy.

Mr Shindiggery
I got a few suggestions.

Batman Redemption
Gotham City
The Caped Crusader
Shadow of the Bat
Batman Infinite

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mr Shindiggery
I got a few suggestions.

Batman Redemption
Gotham City
The Caped Crusader
Shadow of the Bat
Batman Infinite

Good titles

MisterAJ
I like "Gotham City"... simple... to the point... filled with potential...

Knightfall could work as well... (on the run and all that... special forces going after him, etc...)

But what do you think of a mix of two classics:

Dark Detective...?

SnakeEyes
No offense meant really, but the majority of the titles you guys are listing are so, so bad. I'm not necessarily saying that I could create something better, but I have the sense NOT to suggest blatantly terrible titles. I mean "Batman Infinite," that doesn't even make sense.

Placidity
From the Bane Broke the Bat story arc...

Knightfall

Knightsend

Knightquest

Who Rules the Night

Shadow of the Bat

WrathfulDwarf
I'm sticking to "World's Greatest Detective"

BruceSkywalker
I'm sticking to "World's Greatest Detective"

thats a pretty good title..

I am still going with Shadow of the Bat, but have thought of simply The Batman, or The Caped Crusader ..

give me a few days to come up with more title names

Nemesis X
Armageddon

The batman movies these days are dark and gritty and a title like that would be good.

AC/DC'S_LVR
Gotham City
Caped Crusader

Kovacs86
Regrettably... I think some of those titles are pretty shit. The Shadow of the Bat's pretty cool, though. That'd work.

AC/DC'S_LVR
i think we need to stear clear of the word 'Detective' cause it brings to mind too many old fasioned movies and comics when were in the 21st century and Nolan's Batman is very high tech

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Placidity
From the Bane Broke the Bat story arc...

Knightfall

Knightsend

Knightquest

Who Rules the Night

Shadow of the Bat

Interesting titles..

It would be nice if Nolan used KnightFall or KnightsEnd

peejay88
Batman redemption is a good title as this film will be squarely about him redeeming himself to Gothams public. maybe 'Gothams Knight' would work too although it sounds too similar to the dark knight.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by peejay88
Batman redemption is a good title as this film will be squarely about him redeeming himself to Gothams public. maybe 'Gothams Knight' would work too although it sounds too similar to the dark knight.

i like that title of Batman Redemption

lord xyz

BruceSkywalker

lord xyz
But I do feel that even though Shadow of the Bat has the word Bat in it, the title would certainly suggest how Batman will hide in the shadows from the law while still bringing done the bad guys You make a good point, but I really like Knightfall.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by lord xyz
You make a good point, but I really like Knightfall.

as do i, it would be rather interesting if Chris Nolan used that title and perhaps some aspects from the Knightfall storyline

lord xyz
I've already imagined the Knightfall story arc with the Penguin thrown in for the fans. It'd make a really really good film, if done right.

IMO

JakeTheBank
I like the idea of Knightfall for the next movie. Heck, if Nolan wanted to go waaaaay out of left field, he should name the movie "The Dynamic Duo." laughing

Honestly, Robin could be done in a way that fits perfectly with Nolan's thematic setting.

lord xyz
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I like the idea of Knightfall for the next movie. Heck, if Nolan wanted to go waaaaay out of left field, he should name the movie "The Dynamic Duo." laughing

Honestly, Robin could be done in a way that fits perfectly with Nolan's thematic setting. Yeah, but I think he should put Robin on Hiatus until the fourth or fifth movie.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, but I think he should put Robin on Hiatus until the fourth or fifth movie.

True. I don't get why some people think that Robin is too light hearted of a character or lame to work in the setting of the new Batman Film franchise. The way I see it, is that after Dark Knight, Bruce completely retracts into the Batman persona, and becomes increasingly more obsessive and dark.

Introducing Catwoman/Selena Kyle as a love interest for either Bruce or Batman, will help him come out of his self inflicted brooding, and witnessing the murder of Dick Grayson's parents will also help to snap Bruce out of his selfish funk.

BruceSkywalker
I've already imagined the Knightfall story arc with the Penguin thrown in for the fans. It'd make a really really good film, if done right.

IMO

i agree

Yeah, but I think he should put Robin on Hiatus until the fourth or fifth movie.

same here, if Dick Grayson were to be in a Nolan Batman movie then he should be saved for later in the franchise

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
True. I don't get why some people think that Robin is too light hearted of a character or lame to work in the setting of the new Batman Film franchise. The way I see it, is that after Dark Knight, Bruce completely retracts into the Batman persona, and becomes increasingly more obsessive and dark.

Introducing Catwoman/Selena Kyle as a love interest for either Bruce or Batman, will help him come out of his self inflicted brooding, and witnessing the murder of Dick Grayson's parents will also help to snap Bruce out of his selfish funk.

interesting

Miguelohara563
Batman Potter and the Philosipher's Stone......no?

Gotham City and The Riddler have been suggested.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Miguelohara563
Batman Potter and the Philosipher's Stone......no?

Gotham City and The Riddler have been suggested.

Gotham City sounds like a good title

Neo_Version 7
I don't know.
Too R. Kelly-sounding.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
I don't know.
Too R. Kelly-sounding.

i still think Shadow of the Bat is the best and is perfectly suited for the next film

jenzie
i still think Shadow of the Bat is the best and is perfectly suited for the next film
but who would be like a shadow of a bat then wink

and it has to be THE CAPED CRUSADER

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by jenzie
but who would be like a shadow of a bat then wink

and it has to be THE CAPED CRUSADER

dunno about that but Shadow of the Bat fits perfectly into what happens at the end of TDK

SWblayde938
1. The Bat
2. Masked Manhunter
3. Batman 3
4. Caped Crusader
5. Bats

Zepxyon
I thought Bale had 3 contracts as Batman?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SWblayde938
1. The Bat
2. Masked Manhunter
3. Batman 3
4. Caped Crusader
5. Bats

interesting..

Originally posted by Zepxyon
I thought Bale had 3 contracts as Batman?

unknown

spidermanrocks
Shadow of the Bat would be the perfect title if they introduce Robin since people consider Robin to be living in Batman's shadow.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by spidermanrocks
Shadow of the Bat would be the perfect title if they introduce Robin since people consider Robin to be living in Batman's shadow.

Shadow of the Bat fits perfectly into what Chris Nolan has set up and Robin has absolutely nothing to do with the title, not will he be in Batman 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.