Batman 3's Villain?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Where do they go from here with Heath gone and Two-Face dead? Who would you like to see next?

Bat Dude
The Reaper

Darth Martin
Who's that?

Bat Dude
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaper_(DC_Comics)

An awesome character that could really work in Nolan's universe...

A few changes to his story and costume, and you've got a great villain...

BruceSkywalker
Two Face and maybe the Riddler

zbucsz
Clayface, catwomen, two-face

Devil King
I think it would be a shame not see Catwoman. And Two-Face if he's not dead.

Bouboumaster
The Phantasm?
And 2 face

Menetnashté
I thought I remembered Nolan, or Goyer, or someone else working on the movies say that they wouldn't have Penguin or Catwoman in a future movie, and they were trying to use unfamiliar characters who hadn't been in past films. I personally think Bat Dude is right, The Reaper would make a pretty cool villain, though I'm kinda thinking that Riddler fits the bill as a good choice for the next movie, the only thing is them saying they're trying to go for characters who weren't in the movies.

Micheal_Myers
I'm feeling the Riddler would be the best choice. Though it really is a shame that it wont go out with The Joker.

WrathfulDwarf
Clayface isn't a bad choice. If they go with the original Clayface and not the one that can transform his body.

Penguin and Riddler are the classic ones here. I would love to see a more cleaner penguin than the one in Returns. Riddler doesn't have to be wacky or jumpy like Gorshin or Carrey. I'm thinking more like the one from BTAS it would be very suitable for this franchise.

Bane is another possible good character. But it would be best to introduce the Venom serum in the story. That may become complicated and too much of a stretch for the third installment.

Black Mask would be PERFECT with the current timing of this Batman. A crime boss with a sadistic nature. Would be interesting.

Mad Hatter and The Ventriloquist are more psychological characters. I'm not sure if Nolan would take that route. The same would go with Hugo Stange and Blockbuster.

Poison Ivy could also fit quite well now that there is an open spot in Bruce's life. Of course, you won't get the Poison Ivy that can talk to trees or have vines strangle people. I'm thinking more a botanical chemist professor with deadly poisons.

My personal pick....Selina Kyle. But is not as easy as it seems. See, Catwoman and Batman have always...ALWAYS have held strong feelings for each other. But they have too much pride in themselves. And cannot accept or yield to each other. The romance is there...NO QUESTION about it. Indeed, it would be a complicated relationship that I think one day it will be resolve in the comics.

If Nolan wants to tackle the romance between Batman and Catwoman....it would be exciting to see how he does it. I trust Nolan...so I hope he makes the right choice (and so far he's done just that...)

Devil King
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Penguin and Riddler are the classic ones here. I would love to see a more cleaner penguin than the one in Returns. Riddler doesn't have to be wacky or jumpy like Gorshin or Carrey. I'm thinking more like the one from BTAS it would be very suitable for this franchise.

Black Mask would be PERFECT with the current timing of this Batman. A crime boss with a sadistic nature. Would be interesting.

My personal pick....Selina Kyle. But is not as easy as it seems. See, Catwoman and Batman have always...ALWAYS have held strong feelings for each other. But they have too much pride in themselves. And cannot accept or yield to each other. The romance is there...NO QUESTION about it. Indeed, it would be a complicated relationship that I think one day it will be resolve in the comics.

If Nolan wants to tackle the romance between Batman and Catwoman....it would be exciting to see how he does it. I trust Nolan...so I hope he makes the right choice (and so far he's done just that...)

These points I certainly agree with; but in the case of the Riddler, I think a more Kaiser Soze type character would be best. In fact, perhaps he would be best served by not really being seen until the end of the movie.

Catwoman would be a great choice to include in the movie. But I can't see her really being a major love interest for this Batman. Certainly not in the same way she is in the comics or the Burton idea of her knowing who Batman really is when he isn't under the mask. But I might be wrong.

I would like to see Black Mask in a counter-part to Gotham Knight that take splace in between TDK and the next film.

And I'd love to see a wrap up of this version of Batman with an animated short of a Killing Joke type story; an animated film like Gotham Knight that takes place after the next film. I think it would be a nice end to what we see in The Dark Knight and Nolans other films. And certainly a cool way of addressing the Joker as the major villain in the Bat world and concluding the story Nolan is telling without the constraints of the actors involved.

Myth
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
The Phantasm?
And 2 face

I think the Phantasm would be cool.

SelinaAndBruce
I want Hush! And 2face

Kazenji
I would'nt mind seeing Mr Freeze being done again (Come on Arnold Schwarzenegger as him was terrible)

and also Man-Bat would be another good one do something like a crime movie involving a monster same deal like Killer croc

Menetnashté

Devil King
I think ruling out Catwoamn is a hard-pressed perspective. Especially since the villains used in both Begins and Dark Knight are all major villains. Perhaps handling them as the villains were in the 60's is out, but ypu can't populate a film with a villain no one knows.

Badwolf
I would love to see Poisonivy in te next film.

Placidity
Definately need a bat chick, villain or not.

Think of them in the same sense as "Bond girls". It's always been tradition to have a bat chick.

Take a look back (starting '89)...

Batman - Vicki Vale

Batman Returns - Cat Woman

Batman Forever - Chase Meridian

Batman and Robs - Poison Ivy and Batgirl

Rachel Dawes in Batman Begins and TDK just didn't cut it.

I say we need Poison Ivy or Cat Woman. Involvment of Talia would be hot aswell.

Imagine Harley Quinn though. No one comes to mind that can fill those shoes though.

coolmovies
Originally posted by Kazenji
I would'nt mind seeing Mr Freeze being done again (Come on Arnold Schwarzenegger as him was terrible)

and also Man-Bat would be another good one do something like a crime movie involving a monster same deal like Killer croc

Arnold is a great actor i blame the writer for the let down . I would like to see the cat woman and two face

Vinny Valentine
It wont be the penguin, as nolan said he does not like that character.

If anything, it'll be Phantasm, or the Riddler.

Outbound
I'd like to see Nolan's take on Riddler, but at the same time I dont want to see Riddler again.....someone new would be cool.

Myth
The Riddler would make sense if they truly want to show the detective side of Batman. I just don't think the Riddler is cool enough/scary enough for Nolan's films without changing the character too much.

Juntai
The next villain obviosly has Batman on the run.

Thus, Deathstroke or Deadshot, something of the like, comes in to claim the reward on the murdering Batman.

And/or Bring Ras Al Ghul back, because he certainly didn't die.

MarvelPartyMan
I know were talkin about villains but would u lik to see robin be put in it. maybe batman is overwhelmed by villains that he needs help and here comes robin to help.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by MarvelPartyMan
I know were talkin about villains but would u lik to see robin be put in it. maybe batman is overwhelmed by villains that he needs help and here comes robin to help.

Maybe you haven't kept up with the BDK news? There will be NO Robin.

Darth Martin
NO sidekicks please. I personally would love to see Nolan's take on The Riddler. I've heard others say they should make him sort of like Jigsaw from the Saw series. What do yopu think about that. I also think that Black Mask would fit well into Nolan's Batverse. But you don't want to have three or more vilains and make the same mistake Spider-Man 3 did.

Myth
Originally posted by Juntai

Thus, Deathstroke or Deadshot, something of the like, comes in to claim the reward on the murdering Batman.

Thats a good idea (Deathstroke/Deadshot).

Bringing Ras Al Ghul back would be a bad idea with the general public. They aren't aware that he doesn't die. It was good implying he died for the public but not showing it for the fans of the comics. Just leave him be that way both worlds (public/comic geeks) are happy.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Juntai

That's actually a good idea.

Juntai
I meant to say the next MOVIE obviously has Batman on the run. Though I guess villain may work too, in the scenario I said. lol.

Thanks though. smile

I'll get to work writing it and send it in.

Bat Dude
I'll give a rundown of all the villains you can expect to not see...

Harley Quinn (THANK GOD): Too campy for this series, and besides, the Joker from TDK would have killed her in a second anyway...

Penguin: They said it themselves that they didn't want to use him...

Phantasm: She never existed in the comics, and there is no mention of Andrea in Begins... How could he just run off with some other chick when Rachel was waiting for him back in Gotham?

Hush: He's too recent, and there is no mention of Tommy in Begins... Wasn't he one of Bruce's closest friends? Where was he when his parents died?

Poison Ivy: She just wouldn't work that well... I can't imagine her working well, even as a botanist with chemicals... Maybe in a cameo, but nothing more...

Bane: I don't think Nolan will go in that direction...

The ones I do see working are:

Catwoman: I don't really want to see her, but she'd definitely work well...

Riddler: Again, don't really want to see him, but he'd work...

Black Mask: A sadistic "freak" crime boss? Definitely works, especially with the current state of Gotham...

Reaper: He works, and also explains the prosperity of Gotham in the old days (they say it was people like the Waynes, but we know it was the Reaper killing the criminals who got out of line. His departure just so happened to be around the same time as the Waynes' death)

Mr. Freeze: Imagine him as a doctor who kidnaps people, freezes them in chambers, and collects their organs for his wife...

Two-Face: We've seen him work... No other proof needed...

sithsaber408
1.) Two-face. He's not dead, you just see him knocked out. Aaron Eckhart is contracted for another film. So there you go. Gordon whisked him off to Arkham and had a funeral for Dent, who is indeed "dead."

2.) Along with Two-face we'll either get Catwoman or Riddler. I'd like either one, but would love to see Riddler in Nolan's verse.

3.) Call me a sucker, but bringing back Ra's would be cool, though I don't think it will happen.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Aaron Eckhart is contracted for another film. Do you have written proof of this?

Da Joker
No one does, we'll have to wait for official word. Also, why isn't a Two-Face return on that list? I vote other.

celestialdemon
I can see either Catwoman or the Riddler being in the next film. I imagine Nolan's Riddler being something like the Jigsaw Killer from the Saw movies.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by celestialdemon
I can see either Catwoman or the Riddler being in the next film. I imagine Nolan's Riddler being something like the Jigsaw Killer from the Saw movies. Yes, I said the same thing as well.. he'd be.. a more entertaining Jigsaw

cause the saw movies suck ass

Bat Dude
Originally posted by celestialdemon
I can see either Catwoman or the Riddler being in the next film. I imagine Nolan's Riddler being something like the Jigsaw Killer from the Saw movies.

Wow, it seems I'm the only one who doesn't want Catwoman or Riddler...

Weird, isn't it?

Why does every movie have to have Joker, Two-Face, Penguin, Riddler, or Catwoman? There are so many other villains to be used that haven't been used yet... Like the Reaper stick out tongue

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Wow, it seems I'm the only one who doesn't want Catwoman or Riddler...

Weird, isn't it?

Why does every movie have to have Joker, Two-Face, Penguin, Riddler, or Catwoman? There are so many other villains to be used that haven't been used yet... Like the Reaper stick out tongue Well, its pretty much the more popular villains

people that dont read the comics will be like, "Who the hell is Reaper!?!? This movie sucks!"

Its all about popularity sadly

sithsaber408
Plus, having Edward Norton or Ewan McGregor as Riddler and Kate Beckinsale as Catwoman would awesome!

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Do you have written proof of this?

Actually no, but I read it on several websites during production.

I guess it doesn't mean much...Alfred Molina was contracted for 2 Spiderman films and look where that got him! stick out tongue

I'm just saying that they left it open, especially with Gordon already faking his death in the film, to have Harvey Dent "die" and have a funeral and Two-face be hidden in Arkham to come back and finish up the Long Halloween story and kill off Maroni and the mob, etc...

Darth Martin
Originally posted by sithsaber408 Kate Beckinsale as Catwoman would awesome! droolio

celestialdemon
Kate Beckinsale as Catwoman would awesome!

I had to go to the bathroom after reading this. embarrasment

Bat Dude
Well, its pretty much the more popular villains

people that dont read the comics will be like, "Who the hell is Reaper!?!? This movie sucks!"

Its all about popularity sadly

True enough, I guess...

But I'm really sick of the more popular villains (except Joker and Two-Face, my two favorites)... We see them all the time... Let's get other villains in there!

BruceSkywalker
Plus, having Edward Norton or Ewan McGregor as Riddler and Kate Beckinsale as Catwoman would awesome!

Tis awesome if it happens

Badwolf
Originally posted by Placidity
Definately need a bat chick, villain or not.

Think of them in the same sense as "Bond girls". It's always been tradition to have a bat chick.

Take a look back (starting '89)...

Batman - Vicki Vale

Batman Returns - Cat Woman

Batman Forever - Chase Meridian

Batman and Robs - Poison Ivy and Batgirl

Rachel Dawes in Batman Begins and TDK just didn't cut it.

I say we need Poison Ivy or Cat Woman. Involvment of Talia would be hot aswell.

Imagine Harley Quinn though. No one comes to mind that can fill those shoes though.

I always said that A.J cooke would be excellant as HarleyQ

Hmm i do feel that its time for a female evil character.

maybe the Huntress

Impediment
Riddler is both an intelligent an intriguing character. I voted for him.

They need to make him more "John Doe" a la Se7en, in my opinon, though.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Badwolf

maybe the Huntress

The Huntress will make a good villainess...

Originally posted by Impediment
Riddler is both an intelligent an intriguing character. I voted for him.

In Nolanverse that could truly work and be very great

Myth
Originally posted by Impediment

Yeah, he would be way better done more in a Se7en way than a Saw way.

Bat Dude

maybe the Huntress

Harley Quinn is way too "light" for Nolan's series... Besides, as I've been saying, do you really believe Nolan's Joker would let her run around with him all the time? She'd be dead the second he steps out of the car she stole to break him out...

Huntress, though, would be pretty kool... We haven't seen her in the movies yet, so I'm down...

Batman, Huntress, and Reaper... The third film could have those two and play up the "taking justice to the extremes" theme... All three on the run... Bringing down the other, more violent vigilantes on the scene could help redeem Batman, don't you think?

ScarletSpeed
I hated the Riddler in the old movies but I think Nolan could make it awesome.

could be coollaughing out loud
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/kidchino05/Gotham_Knights_by_CrimsonPhantasm.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/kidchino05/riddler.png

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/kidchino05/riddlerr.jpg

Micheal_Myers

Mr. Freeze: Imagine him as a doctor who kidnaps people, freezes them in chambers, and collects their organs for his wife...

That....that idea is amazing...but....the suit and him being like frozen or whatever.....makes me hesistant. Not very realistic..

The top Riddler poster looks AMAZING!

SelinaAndBruce
Yeah I'm really starting to feel the Riddler idea, though it would just seem like we're getting a lot of the villains from the old series, but to be fair many of them (specifically the ones in the Schumacher films) deserve to be redeemed.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/kidchino05/Gotham_Knights_by_CrimsonPhantasm.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/kidchino05/riddlerr.jpg The top poster is aweswome! Where did you get those or ndid you make it?

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Darth Martin
The top poster is aweswome! Where did you get those or ndid you make it?

No, I foud them on deviantart.com stick out tongue

Da Joker
I actually think Nolan could make the Riddler more interesting. But, I think it needs to be Two-Face & the Riddler. Imagine the awesomeness!

Devil King
More over, Imagine how awesome Riddler and Catwoman would be.

SelinaAndBruce
I'm still not ready for Catwoman. I keep running hot and cold on that one. Now I trust Nolan...but I dunno.

TheVapor
A good Riddler could be written by Nolan and crew, but the character also needs a fitting actor. If Riddler in Nolans universe were to be like Jigsaw than who do you think would be the best to play him?

Hayden Christensen anyone???....kidding roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also, as for Catwoman, while I think Nolan can pull it off, Halle Berry's version I think has left a sour taste in society's mouth, so it may not be a good move using her.

SelinaAndBruce
I'd like to see Catwoman redeemed

Myth
Originally posted by TheVapor

Also, as for Catwoman, while I think Nolan can pull it off, Halle Berry's version I think has left a sour taste in society's mouth, so it may not be a good move using her.

I don't know, if the rest of society is anything like me, I forgot about that and when I think of Catwoman, I think of the Pfeifer(sp?) portrayal. wink

Seriously though, I forgot about Halle until you mentioned it.

Kazenji

Hayden Christensen anyone???....kidding roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hey mad

He can act its just that the star wars prequals obvisouly did'nt show that.

ragesRemorse
I think seeing Joker again would be great. Black Mask and a revamped mad hatter would be appropriate villains for the theme that has been set

Outbound
I think he'll give us someone popular like Riddler to keep momentum going (imagine Scarecrow and Ra's being cast after Dark Knight, it would suck to lower the bar) but he could throw a curve ball and have someone else who's a little unconventional/less known as well. Would be cool to see someone I have no knowledge about.

K3VIL
Despite I liked the posters for The Riddler, he's not gonna work in Nolans portrayal of the franchise.The Riddler is no physical match for Batman, kinda like 2punches and he's out.Having Batman struggling with cops cause he's wanted for the murders commited by Two Face meanwhile solving jokes and riddles wouldn't be fun at all.Two Face ain't dead, he should be back for the 3rd movie, I'd like also the idea of Deadshot or KGBeast would be great addiction, masked mercenaries with skills and equipment wich makes them the perfect match for Batman, hired to take him down cause the mob attempts have all resulted unsuccesful.So Bat will have to defend himself from a top dog hitman and the police, meanwhile trying to stop Two Face rise to the organized crime.

ScarletSpeed
I vote Casey Affleck to play the Riddler

TheVapor
Originally posted by Kazenji
Hey mad

He can act its just that the star wars prequals obvisouly did'nt show that.

Hey, calm down! It was just a joke. I think he acted well in Jumper, but in a lot of his other works he's just ok .

The joke was could you see him playing the Riddler? He CAN act, but he couldn't pull off that character

As for Riddler being taken down easily, maybe in the end it would be easy to take him down, but almost the entire movie before that would Batman going through all of his trials, solving the Riddles, preventing catastrophe. The Riddler could seriously prove to be Batman's greatest MENTAL battle in this series, as opposed to being just another tough guy.

For naysayers saying Riddler doesn't fit in with what will be the theme of B3, then picture this. Riddler presents his riddles to the public so that both Batman and the police can see them. They then both have to figure it out and try to stop what ever he has planned in time. If Batman succeeds in doing this more times then the police then he can start earning back his reputation as a good guy. wink

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Da Joker
I actually think Nolan could make the Riddler more interesting. But, I think it needs to be Two-Face & the Riddler. Imagine the awesomeness!

So you basically want Batman Forever...

Redemption, Two-Face, Riddler, etc.

I'll pass...

And @ TheVapor, so he's basically Joker-Lite? Joker broadcasted his crimes to Batman and the cops, and they had to try and stop them...

Gregory
I vote for ... the KGBeast! All trying to assassinate President Reagan, and Batman trying to stop him.

TheVapor

And @ TheVapor, so he's basically Joker-Lite? Joker broadcasted his crimes to Batman and the cops, and they had to try and stop them...

hmm, that is a problem. However, assuming Mister Reece gets turned into the Riddler then the Riddler could attack Batman personally. Since he knows Batman's secret identity he could present Batman with tasks; fulfill the task and the identity doesn't get out. Every so often a failed task could also lead to a persons death Also, if Riddler can stay hidden most of the movie then we can see Bruce use some of his detective skills which have been somewhat underused. Finally, recalling the comment that someone said about Riddler being too weak, I already said he would be a great mental foe, but let's say Batman knows who he is, and finds out where he is, and just when he thinks he has him cornered Riddler springs a trap Batman has to get out of . When Batman gets out of the trap then he would be weakened and Riddler would have more of a chance Also the Riddler has a cane wink

So there's a better idea of how to make Riddler for B3.

edit: This is an afterthought on how to connect Riddler and Two-Face . Mister Reece is captured by Two-Face and is tortured to find out what Batman's true identity is. He
squeels but when Harvey says he's going to kill him Reece suggests they use Batman to their advantage. He dons the role of the Riddler and plays with Batman; the 'tasks' include robbing banks to fund Two-Faces schemes for overthrowing the Gothan crime lords. In the end riddler tells Batman to rob Bruce Waynes mansion, and this on top of all of his research makes Batman come to realize who it is who has been blackmailing him. This clue was given to him on purpouse and Riddler gives him one more Riddle which will lead Batman to the villains lair where both Reece and Harvey try to take him down, his role having been fulfilled.

I know this idea is borderline fan-fiction but it is just an afterthought, and is just an idea if BOTH are the villians in the next movie.

Myth
Who voted for Clayface? How would that work?

And I hope "Mr. Reese" doesn't turn out to be the Riddler for 2 reasons:

1. Batman saved his ass. The look on Reese's face was kind of a "My bad, that was wrong of me." Turning him into Riddler would take away from that.

2. And this is the big one: We can do better than having that actor play Riddler.

Bat Dude
hmm, that is a problem. However, assuming Mister Reece gets turned into the Riddler then the Riddler could attack Batman personally. Since he knows Batman's secret identity he could present Batman with tasks; fulfill the task and the identity doesn't get out. Every so often a failed task could also lead to a persons death Also, if Riddler can stay hidden most of the movie then we can see Bruce use some of his detective skills which have been somewhat underused. Finally, recalling the comment that someone said about Riddler being too weak, I already said he would be a great mental foe, but let's say Batman knows who he is, and finds out where he is, and just when he thinks he has him cornered Riddler springs a trap Batman has to get out of . When Batman gets out of the trap then he would be weakened and Riddler would have more of a chance Also the Riddler has a cane wink

So there's a better idea of how to make Riddler for B3.

edit: This is an afterthought on how to connect Riddler and Two-Face . Mister Reece is captured by Two-Face and is tortured to find out what Batman's true identity is. He
squeels but when Harvey says he's going to kill him Reece suggests they use Batman to their advantage. He dons the role of the Riddler and plays with Batman; the 'tasks' include robbing banks to fund Two-Faces schemes for overthrowing the Gothan crime lords. In the end riddler tells Batman to rob Bruce Waynes mansion, and this on top of all of his research makes Batman come to realize who it is who has been blackmailing him. This clue was given to him on purpouse and Riddler gives him one more Riddle which will lead Batman to the villains lair where both Reece and Harvey try to take him down, his role having been fulfilled.

I know this idea is borderline fan-fiction but it is just an afterthought, and is just an idea if BOTH are the villians in the next movie.

The whole idea of Batman having to complete puzzles and tasks to prevent being framed for an innocent person's death sounds intriguing, even to me, the most anti-Riddler guy on the forum... But I wouldn't have him and Two-Face working together... Too many comparisons to Forever... And the thought of having Mr. Reese becoming Riddler is also intriguing... Not exactly loyal to the comics, but if it's a good movie, I could care less...

TheVapor
Okay, so if having them work together is TOO much like Forever, then we could have the two be mutual enemies or not even connected in any way at first. I think it would be interesting if Riddler was actually used to develop Harvey's and Batman's relationship. Meaning that Batman is tracking down Riddler and Harvey's out to get him too because, in his own twisted ways, he is trying to dismantle all of the crime of Gotham. This could lead to a point where the two have the choice to team-up, and Harvey at first disagrees arguing that Batman is also a villain that he has to take down. Batman however gives him a speech about how he was once the 'White Knight' and how he has stooped to the level of evil to fight evil. Up until this point we may see some scenes where Harvey shows internal conflict about what he is doing heavily playing up the use of his coin in his decisions. This is the point in the story where Harvey may realize that fate is not an outcome of chaos but that he can control the outcome, and that he can be good again. So the two team up to take the Riddler down.

I don't how well Harvey's change of heart sounded but it can definitely be pulled off without seeming corny. As for Harvey's fate, I don't know if it would be better to let him survive the fight with Riddler, or kill him. Maybe if he lives he could come out to Gotham with the truth, and maybe serve as a reminder to Gotham's remaining criminals, that they too can become good, and that not all hope for them is lost. Okay I know that also sounded corny, but it kind of fits in with Harvey's message in Dark Knight, and would be suitable closure for the character if B3 were the last Batman in this series.

edit:

Remember how Fox intimidated him earlier in the movie, and yet he still did it anyway? He's the kind of guy that if given the chance would try to get at Bruce again. He also seems like the calculating kind of guy that could come up with riddles And while yes it would take away from it, audiances love to hate villians and what better way for him to get instant hate, huh?

2. And this is the big one: We can do better than having that actor play Riddler.
I don't know, I imagine him as I imagine Riddler would be, and I think it would be fitting. Besides, even if he doesn't work they can just replace him like they did with Rachel

freek
Wouldn't it make more sense if Riddler saw Reese as a threat, possibly MORE of a threat than Batman, as opposed to Reese being Riddler? Simply because as a man obsessed with riddles and with the intellect to create and solve them, being told the answer would be horrific. What greater riddle is there in Gotham City than "Who is the Batman?"?

For everyone that's been saying Riddler wasn't a physical opponent, was Joker? in fist fights joker always relied on other forces to tire or distract Batman, or just sprayed bullets, and i'm pretty sure at one stage it was recognised that Batman could kick his ass.

Sadly I agree with the Joker-lite issue, they are somewhat similar. I still think Ra's could be brought back, but that would admittedly be unrealistic. However, i'm sure the league of shadows itself should still exist. could bring in talia, maybe introduce lady shiva for those that want a physical match. would also make for an interesting situation for two face: he can't stand alone against the mob, batman and the terrorists. who does he side with? how can he do what he set out to do? etc.

Da Joker
So you basically want Batman Forever...

Redemption, Two-Face, Riddler, etc.

I'll pass...

I hope in time you realize that Nolan is a far greater director than Schumacher.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Two-Face must be dead, otherwise why else would Batman take responsibility for the murders? If Two-Face is alive and up to no good, then there's no reason why Batman would accept the responsibility; Two-Face could simply take credit for the murders himself.

Also, the good people of Gotham would think things are a little weird if there's a guy running round with half of Harvey Dent's face, despite there being a memorial for him.

I say, "No, thanks" to The Riddler, Bane, etc. as the main villain. I'd put good money on The Joker being back, a side-villain a la Deathstroke or Deadshot on the trail of Batman, and Batman on the run from the law. That's the final message of The Dark Knight, so it's obviously going to play a part in the next one.

Da Joker
He would accept responsibility either way because he wouldn't want Gotham to know he murdered those people.

Joker1237
Which imo brings a major flaw to Batman. Batman is never the type of person to take the blame for other person's crime. Its just not Batman, if he is trying to hid a killer like Twoface imo.
Batman is a strong beliver in if they took life, they should be punish for it, or take the blame. Its just not him.

Da Joker
I think that Batman is willing to do what's necessary to preserve faith in Gotham, so I liked that he took the blame.

TheVapor
Batman takes responsibility for the murders to preserve Harvey's image as a good-guy. 2nd, Harvey probably wouldn't come out in public if he was trying to take down organized crime, he wouldn't want to attract attention to himself. Lastly, Nolan said he wouldn't recast Joker, and to have Joker in the next one would be too repetitive and feel like Dark Knight Redux.

Bat Dude
I hope in time you realize that Nolan is a far greater director than Schumacher.

Sarcasm: Really? I had absolutely no idea!

What I'm saying is that the whole premise is almost EXACTLY the same as in Forever... Batman's redemption/coming to terms with his past story arc, Two-Face being the "already there" villain, Riddler becoming a villain, etc.

I'll pass on that, thank you...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Two-Face must be dead, otherwise why else would Batman take responsibility for the murders? If Two-Face is alive and up to no good, then there's no reason why Batman would accept the responsibility; Two-Face could simply take credit for the murders himself.

Also, the good people of Gotham would think things are a little weird if there's a guy running round with half of Harvey Dent's face, despite there being a memorial for him.

I say, "No, thanks" to The Riddler, Bane, etc. as the main villain. I'd put good money on The Joker being back, a side-villain a la Deathstroke or Deadshot on the trail of Batman, and Batman on the run from the law. That's the final message of The Dark Knight, so it's obviously going to play a part in the next one.

Batman is taking responsibility because he doesn't the citizens pf Gotham to know that Harvey Dent and Two Face is one and the same. And Two Face is alive because according to Nolan and them Two Face is going to be in the next film. Unless o fcourse Nolan changes his mind and goes in a different direction which I doubt

Bat Dude
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Batman is taking responsibility because he doesn't the citizens pf Gotham to know that Harvey Dent and Two Face is one and the same. And Two Face is alive because according to Nolan and them Two Face is going to be in the next film. Unless o fcourse Nolan changes his mind and goes in a different direction which I doubt

But like he said, if Harvey ever escaped, then how would they explain him running around killing people with this scarred up half of a face when supposedly Batman did the killings and he was never scarred up (they never told the citizens Harvey got scarred)?

Ya Krunk'd Floo
He would accept responsibility either way because he wouldn't want Gotham to know he murdered those people.

You mistake me for a fool. I understand that simple principle, but if Two-Face is alive, then other people are going to know about it. Two-Face wouldn't stick to the pretense that Batman committed those murders when he knows that it was he that did them. Doing that would make him accomplice in Batman's plot, but if he is Batman's adversary then he wouldn't be going along with it. Simpe enough, right?

Batman takes responsibility for the murders to preserve Harvey's image as a good-guy. 2nd, Harvey probably wouldn't come out in public if he was trying to take down organized crime, he wouldn't want to attract attention to himself. Lastly, Nolan said he wouldn't recast Joker, and to have Joker in the next one would be too repetitive and feel like Dark Knight Redux.

See above, plus...If Two-Face is the villain, why would he be trying to take down organised crime? It was pretty clear at the end of TDK that Harvey Dent is no more; whether that is being dead or fighting the good fight. Also, please link me to a page where I can read Nolan saying that he won't recast The Joker. Thx.

Duh, another one. See above, above, and yonder, plus...Two-Face is called 'Two-Face' because...he....has...two...faces...One of which is Harvey Dent's face, so if the people of Gotham have held a memorial for the deceased Harvey Dent, how are they going to reconcile the fact that THERE'S A GUY RUNNING AROUND WITH HALF OF HIS FACE?

Myth
Ya Krunk - Two-Face could be alive and locked up. Once he gets out, then it would have to be a time when Batman is back on the good side of the citizens of Gothem. But it could work to have Two-Face. Obviously they wouldn't have Two-Face running free and Batman still taking blame for the murders, but if Two-Face doesn't escape until the second half of the next movie, it could work.

TheVapor
Before he actually becomes Two-face he leaves the boundaries of being the guy that fights villains fairly]. At the end of Dark Knight he is confused, half of him wants to take down the police because of what they've done, and half wants to still take down evil-doers like Maroni and Joker. He accepts the whole chaos thing, and so if he is alive we could see him doing a lot of coin flipping in the next movie to decide whether he does the 'good' thing or 'bad' thing.

As for him having half of his face, he could, like I said, stay in the shadows, or better yet, cover his face. i don't think it would be too outlandish for him to do.

And finally with Nolan recasting the Joker, I misheard the report apparently as he only 'doesn't know' what he's going to do at all for the next film yet; http://www.movieweb.com/news/18/29618.php

apparently this is where all of the Riddler hype came from.

Myth
I didn't know Oldman tried to get out. That would have been a big mistake. Though, how come everybody was under contract besides Holmes? They tried to make it sound like it was Holmes' choice, but now it sounds like if the company wanted the actors to stay, it made sure they couldn't leave. Maybe not so much of Holmes choice afterall.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Myth
Ya Krunk - Two-Face could be alive and locked up. Once he gets out, then it would have to be a time when Batman is back on the good side of the citizens of Gothem. But it could work to have Two-Face. Obviously they wouldn't have Two-Face running free and Batman still taking blame for the murders, but if Two-Face doesn't escape until the second half of the next movie, it could work.

Nah, I don't buy it. Too many holes.

Before he actually becomes Two-face he leaves the boundaries of being the guy that fights villains fairly]. At the end of Dark Knight he is confused, half of him wants to take down the police because of what they've done, and half wants to still take down evil-doers like Maroni and Joker. He accepts the whole chaos thing, and so if he is alive we could see him doing a lot of coin flipping in the next movie to decide whether he does the 'good' thing or 'bad' thing.

Nah, he's bad at the end. He's at the point of killing Gordon's kid before Batman steps in. There's no going back. Plus, the ol' memorial.

As for him having half of his face, he could, like I said, stay in the shadows, or better yet, cover his face. i don't think it would be too outlandish for him to do.

Haha, nope. Both of those options would be incredibly weak and unreliable for a Nolan movie.

And finally with Nolan recasting the Joker, I misheard the report apparently as he only 'doesn't know' what he's going to do at all for the next film yet; http://www.movieweb.com/news/18/29618.php

apparently this is where all of the Riddler hype came from.

Aha, just as I thought.

*smug face*

Myth
Nah, I don't buy it. Too many holes.

lol. Of course there is too many holes right now, but a 2 and a half hour movie could fill those holes.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
lol. Of course there is too many holes right now, but a 2 and a half hour movie could fill those holes.

Haha, I don't think you understand. I was commenting on your premise; if your premise has so many holes in it, trying to cover them in a movie is just going to make it contrived. Nolan's previous 2 Batman films haven't been like that, so why the stupid face now?

Myth
Haha, I don't think you understand. I was commenting on your premise; if your premise has so many holes in it

I'm sorry I left holes in my set up, did you want me to write an entire screenplay for you to see it could work? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Endrict Nuul
I really hope they don't put in the Riddler, he's a 2nd rate Batman villain. He is not good enough to take on the bat, he's good as a back up villain to the major bad guy. Joker, Hush and Bane are the only two that are good enough to get at the bat.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'm sorry I left holes in my set up, did you want me to write an entire screenplay for you to see it could work? roll eyes (sarcastic)

What are you talking about, silly boy? Your premise is contrived, so it simply wouldn't work. Whether you provided a full screenplay or not, a shit idea is still a shit idea.

Da Joker
Oh please, you aren't one to be critiquing anything anyone says.

Myth
What are you talking about, silly boy? Your premise is contrived, so it simply wouldn't work. Whether you provided a full screenplay or not, a shit idea is still a shit idea.

Somebody thinks highly of himself.

Mairuzu
True enough, I guess...

But I'm really sick of the more popular villains (except Joker and Two-Face, my two favorites)... We see them all the time... Let's get other villains in there! Honestly, id love to see reaper, it would fit really well for the next movie

but i want riddler more erm

Endrict Nuul
No reaper

Endrict Nuul
The new villian should be

batzarro

....dammit it wont get rid of that link.... and make it non transparent.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/kidchino05/riddlerr.jpg

Those are real good! thumb up

I would change the title to:

Worlds Greatest Detective.

I still go with The Riddler and Catwoman.

Catwoman as the love interest.

The Riddler as the man that can challenge Batmans detective skills.

We've seen that Ra challenge Batman physically. Scarecrow challenge him psychologically. The Joker challenge him trying into making him a criminal.

I think that's how Nolan is gonna go.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh please, you aren't one to be critiquing anything anyone says.

Yes, I am. Don't you see, my last few posts have been critiques.

Somebody thinks highly of himself.

If the cap fits...

BruceSkywalker

Sounds good..

Those are real good! thumb up

I would change the title to:

Worlds Greatest Detective.

I still go with The Riddler and Catwoman.

Catwoman as the love interest.

The Riddler as the man that can challenge Batmans detective skills.

We've seen that Ra challenge Batman physically. Scarecrow challenge him psychologically. The Joker challenge him trying into making him a criminal.

I think that's how Nolan is gonna go.

Interesting that could work truly work

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
No reaper

Meh, to each there own...

I'm not gonna lie, though, the posters are pretty kool...

Mairuzu
Reaper would be good too have, but not as a main villain...

Bat Dude
Reaper would be good too have, but not as a main villain...

Hmm... You've got something there...

I have no doubt that if Nolan can tie together Joker and Two-Face, he could tie together Reaper in a Two-Face type role and perhaps Riddler as the main villain...

Perhaps something like Mask of the Phantasm (which is based loosely on the characters of Rachel Caspian and Judson Caspian), where Reaper comes to kill a criminal he thinks is there (he picks it up from listening in on Riddler and Batman's conversation), and Riddler has a two-way camera type thing, where he was expecting to see the Batman, but got the Reaper instead, so he blows the place up (it was gonna be connected to the puzzle Batman had to solve)

This gives Reaper a reason to kill Riddler, so he appears to be dead for a while (he escapes, but no one knows about it) and in the climax, when Batman finally finds Riddler, Reaper returns, adding to the mystique that he is a super natural being from hell (which scares the shit out of Riddler)... Batman has to keep Reaper from killing Riddler, while also trying to capture Riddler...

This big fight finds it's way to the roof, and then the top of the unfinished "under construction" part of Wayne Tower (mentioned earlier in the movie), and Riddler seems to be in Reaper's grasp, but then suddenly, he slips from the construction beam, and loses balance. Both Reaper and Riddler begin to fall. Batman puts his hand out to both. Riddler, being the coward he is, immediately grabs his hand. The Reaper, knowing what charges he'd be up against if he was to ever be captured, swings his scythe at Batman, preferring to fall to his doom then be given the death penalty...

That's just a VERY brief summary of the climax and Reaper's role in the film... Batman would be using extensive detective skills to not only piece together Riddler's little games, but also to figure out the identity of the Reaper, Judson Caspian (or Dawes, if they want to tie him in as Rachel's dad)

So everyone goes home happy... We get a new villain in a secondary (not minor, but secondary) role, we get the Riddler done right, we get detective Batman, we get a new Batmobile (Fox leaves Bruce one last present) and we get the resolution of the story Nolan started in Batman Begins, with Bruce accepting the mantle of the Batman as his destiny, becoming Gotham's trusted protector once again...

Again, just a thought... If it sucks, then sorry...

Darth Macabre

If they were going to do that, they should have sown the Black Mask into TDK; it would have been very easy to do. First, have Roman Sionis be in the bank during the robbery; and then briefly show him picking up one of the dead guy's clown masks. Next, after being inspired by the bank robbery, instead of having the Scarecrow being captured with the want-to-be vigilantes, have Roman be that character and be dressed as the Black Mask. When he gets arrested with the rest of that group, his reputation and business is ruined, which builds his vendetta against Batman. To pile on top of his misery, his company would be bought out by Wayne Enterprises, humiliating him even further. He uses all of his assets to get out of jail, and begins to plot; his first step is to turn Gotham Cable News anchor Mike Engel to his side, using the media to discredit Batman (which would be like what's in TDK with Gotham turning against Batman). That would be all you see of him in the TDK, with him becoming the main villain in the third movie.

In the third movie, I envision the Black Mask buying weapons from the Penguin, and filling the power vacuum in the Mafia that the Joker left open. During the film, he'd be kidnapping people that are connected with Wayne Enterprises (with the big catch being Lucius Fox), forcing Batman/Bruce to confront the Black Mask and take him down; Batman would also be fighting off a gun-toting mercenary that is out to catch him for the ransom: Deadshot. The movie would end with Deadshot being captured by the cops (setting up a Suicide Squad movie), and the Black Mask either being dead or going crazy in Arkham.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Who Should Be The Next Dark Knight Villain?

xNIXSONx
Who Should Be The Next Dark Knight Villain?

some of their castings, i would question, and i would also question why they even mentioned some of them.

They dont need to make Penguin actually have a deformity like in Batman Returns. NO poison ivy please, Mr Freeze is a stretch, and it would take an entire movie to explain to people again, why Catwoman parades around like a cat. Their Harley Quinn casting is horrible too. Matthew McConnaughey as Deadshot yeeeppp. epic win for empire wink

and just cuz Killer Croc has been portrayed as an actual croc monster with a tail doesnt mean he always was, merely some person with an extreme medical skin condition that makes his skin APPEAR to be rough and coarse reminiscent of a crocodile, in which case was left in the sewers by his mother because of that and who gone crazy and philed his teeth sharp

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
If they were going to do that, they should have sown the Black Mask into TDK; it would have been very easy to do. First, have Roman Sionis be in the bank during the robbery; and then briefly show him picking up one of the dead guy's clown masks. Next, after being inspired by the bank robbery, instead of having the Scarecrow being captured with the want-to-be vigilantes, have Roman be that character and be dressed as the Black Mask. When he gets arrested with the rest of that group, his reputation and business is ruined, which builds his vendetta against Batman. To pile on top of his misery, his company would be bought out by Wayne Enterprises, humiliating him even further. He uses all of his assets to get out of jail, and begins to plot; his first step is to turn Gotham Cable News anchor Mike Engel to his side, using the media to discredit Batman (which would be like what's in TDK with Gotham turning against Batman). That would be all you see of him in the TDK, with him becoming the main villain in the third movie.

If they did that, it would have completely upset the balance of the movie, and some plot points wouldn't happen (Mr. Reese, for instance)

Darth Macabre
If they did that, it would have completely upset the balance of the movie, and some plot points wouldn't happen (Mr. Reese, for instance) Um...what Reese did would still be there, that would have nothing to do with it. Why wouldn't Engel, and by proxy Black Mask, want Batman's identity revealed? A decent thought, but a very bad example.

Bat Dude
Um...what Reese did would still be there, that would have nothing to do with it. Why wouldn't Engel, and by proxy Black Mask, want Batman's identity revealed? A decent thought, but a very bad example.

It's not that they wouldn't want it, but they wouldn't have time to do it (it'd make the movie longer), what with Harvey's side story, Joker's main story, and now Black Mask's side story...

And what about Joker? Would he still do what he did in the film?

Darth Macabre
It's not that they wouldn't want it, but they wouldn't have time to do it (it'd make the movie longer), what with Harvey's side story, Joker's main story, and now Black Mask's side story...

And what about Joker? Would he still do what he did in the film? The Black Mask wouldn't be seen other than A) In the bank, picking up that mask and B) Getting caught just as the Scarecrow did. Forgive me, but I'm not seeing where it takes too much time. Black Mask would not be seen making Engel his puppet, you would be told that he did in the next movie.

As for the rest of your comments, yeah, he would still do what he did in the film; the rest of the movie would have no bearing on Black Mask's story.

Bat Dude
The Black Mask wouldn't be seen other than A) In the bank, picking up that mask and B) Getting caught just as the Scarecrow did. Forgive me, but I'm not seeing where it takes too much time. Black Mask would not be seen making Engel his puppet, you would be told that he did in the next movie.

As for the rest of your comments, yeah, he would still do what he did in the film; the rest of the movie would have no bearing on Black Mask's story.

OH! I thought Black Mask was getting screen time for the whole Engel thing!

Forgive me, I misunderstood...

Darth Macabre
OH! I thought Black Mask was getting screen time for the whole Engel thing!

Forgive me, I misunderstood... No problem, that's why I redoubled and clarified that bit.

WrathfulDwarf

In the third movie, I envision the Black Mask buying weapons from the Penguin, and filling the power vacuum in the Mafia that the Joker left open. During the film, he'd be kidnapping people that are connected with Wayne Enterprises (with the big catch being Lucius Fox), forcing Batman/Bruce to confront the Black Mask and take him down; Batman would also be fighting off a gun-toting mercenary that is out to catch him for the ransom: Deadshot. The movie would end with Deadshot being captured by the cops (setting up a Suicide Squad movie), and the Black Mask either being dead or going crazy in Arkham.

I like that...SS movie is a long shot....

Mairuzu
Hmm... You've got something there...

I have no doubt that if Nolan can tie together Joker and Two-Face, he could tie together Reaper in a Two-Face type role and perhaps Riddler as the main villain...

Perhaps something like Mask of the Phantasm (which is based loosely on the characters of Rachel Caspian and Judson Caspian), where Reaper comes to kill a criminal he thinks is there (he picks it up from listening in on Riddler and Batman's conversation), and Riddler has a two-way camera type thing, where he was expecting to see the Batman, but got the Reaper instead, so he blows the place up (it was gonna be connected to the puzzle Batman had to solve)

This gives Reaper a reason to kill Riddler, so he appears to be dead for a while (he escapes, but no one knows about it) and in the climax, when Batman finally finds Riddler, Reaper returns, adding to the mystique that he is a super natural being from hell (which scares the shit out of Riddler)... Batman has to keep Reaper from killing Riddler, while also trying to capture Riddler...

This big fight finds it's way to the roof, and then the top of the unfinished "under construction" part of Wayne Tower (mentioned earlier in the movie), and Riddler seems to be in Reaper's grasp, but then suddenly, he slips from the construction beam, and loses balance. Both Reaper and Riddler begin to fall. Batman puts his hand out to both. Riddler, being the coward he is, immediately grabs his hand. The Reaper, knowing what charges he'd be up against if he was to ever be captured, swings his scythe at Batman, preferring to fall to his doom then be given the death penalty...

That's just a VERY brief summary of the climax and Reaper's role in the film... Batman would be using extensive detective skills to not only piece together Riddler's little games, but also to figure out the identity of the Reaper, Judson Caspian (or Dawes, if they want to tie him in as Rachel's dad)

So everyone goes home happy... We get a new villain in a secondary (not minor, but secondary) role, we get the Riddler done right, we get detective Batman, we get a new Batmobile (Fox leaves Bruce one last present) and we get the resolution of the story Nolan started in Batman Begins, with Bruce accepting the mantle of the Batman as his destiny, becoming Gotham's trusted protector once again...

Again, just a thought... If it sucks, then sorry... I was actually thinking of the same thing... kinda...

a random guy gets his wife killed by thugs

gets pissed

riddler leads him into a sort of... saw type trap, where he has to do puzzle and things in order to get out

has him meet up with his wifes killer, makes reaper kill him to be free'd some how?

i dont wanna go too much into detail since im not that good at making movies.. heh..

but anywho.. reaper is born

Mairuzu
Um...what Reese did would still be there, that would have nothing to do with it. Why wouldn't Engel, and by proxy Black Mask, want Batman's identity revealed? A decent thought, but a very bad example. The thing is

(im guessing)

a large % of the crowd that saw TDK wouldnt even know who black mask is

Darth Macabre
The thing is

(im guessing)

a large % of the crowd that saw TDK wouldnt even know who black mask is Never said they would. Its unfortunate, too, because he'd be a great character in Nolan's universe. But, either way, all of this came about in reference to WD bringing up the thought of the Black Mask being the villain.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
some of their castings, i would question, and i would also question why they even mentioned some of them.

They dont need to make Penguin actually have a deformity like in Batman Returns. NO poison ivy please, Mr Freeze is a stretch, and it would take an entire movie to explain to people again, why Catwoman parades around like a cat. Their Harley Quinn casting is horrible too. Matthew McConnaughey as Deadshot yeeeppp. epic win for empire wink

and just cuz Killer Croc has been portrayed as an actual croc monster with a tail doesnt mean he always was, merely some person with an extreme medical skin condition that makes his skin APPEAR to be rough and coarse reminiscent of a crocodile, in which case was left in the sewers by his mother because of that and who gone crazy and philed his teeth sharp

Your idea of Croc could work in Nolanverse. I also agree with what you said about Penguin, Ivy and Freeze and Catwoman. Catwoman may work also since she is a jewel thief.

Joseph_Kerr
The more I think about it.. the more I like the idea of a Black Mask/The Reaper movie. Black Mask can take over the mob scene (replace Joker with Heath's death). The Reaper can be doing his thing, and Batman is being blame for all the murders (since it's a guy in a mask).

I don't know, but I really think the two could work in the current state of Gotham. I would love to see a Penguin cameo where Batman shows up at his club and shakes him down for information just like he does in the comics. I just can't see a full movie with him in it.

Joseph_Kerr
I also can see Michael Emerson (Ben on Lost) as the Riddler.

Da Joker
Whoever they get needs to be someone who can pull off a very dark Riddler with some of the most twisted riddles ever.

Joseph_Kerr
I actually would like to see Nolan take a bold move and create his own villian and add his own villian to the Rogue Gallery. smile

xNIXSONx
Your idea of Croc could work in Nolanverse. I also agree with what you said about Penguin, Ivy and Freeze and Catwoman. Catwoman may work also since she is a jewel thief.

yeah, Killer Croc was in Gotham Knights, although he still looked unreallistc in my opinion, but then again it was anime. I forget whether he was stopped or not.

Catwoman can also work, if she didnt look entirely like a cat, id say maybe do it in a subtle way. I think someone mentioned. We have an entire movie devoted to why batman choose the 'bat' symbol idea. She is merely a jewel thief that has a run in with Bats, and could serve the story as a love interest.

I was on the fence about having the Riddler, since i cannot get Jim Carey's zaney, wacky, and spontaneous riddler out of my head, the green jumpsuit tights and playing to the question mark gimmicks. ugh. But now that i put a nolan twist on things. a real universe itll work. I like the idea of Edward Nygma getting hired to assist in the manhunt for Batman, similiarly to the mob, the mayor out of desperation, turned to a man he didnt fully understand. He could send gotham pd to like...the wrong place, where he has a trap for them or something to lure out batman. and somehow fit in another villain or something. cast Edward Norton

Bat Dude
yeah, Killer Croc was in Gotham Knights, although he still looked unreallistc in my opinion, but then again it was anime. I forget whether he was stopped or not.

Catwoman can also work, if she didnt look entirely like a cat, id say maybe do it in a subtle way. I think someone mentioned. We have an entire movie devoted to why batman choose the 'bat' symbol idea. She is merely a jewel thief that has a run in with Bats, and could serve the story as a love interest.

I was on the fence about having the Riddler, since i cannot get Jim Carey's zaney, wacky, and spontaneous riddler out of my head, the green jumpsuit tights and playing to the question mark gimmicks. ugh. But now that i put a nolan twist on things. a real universe itll work. I like the idea of Edward Nygma getting hired to assist in the manhunt for Batman, similiarly to the mob, the mayor out of desperation, turned to a man he didnt fully understand. He could send gotham pd to like...the wrong place, where he has a trap for them or something to lure out batman. and somehow fit in another villain or something. cast Edward Norton

Nope, Killer Croc escaped further into the sewer, so he's still out there... They did an excellent job of explaining why he looks the way he does in Gotham Knight...

For Catwoman (though I personally don't want to see her), a costume like the one in Grayson would work best, imo... She's basically in a skimpy leather outfit for acrobatic purposes (yeah, right wink ) with subtle cat quirks to it... She's not wearing a mask at all, though, so Batman would know it's Selina immediately...

Still liking my Riddler/Reaper idea...

xNIXSONx
Nope, Killer Croc escaped further into the sewer, so he's still out there... They did an excellent job of explaining why he looks the way he does in Gotham Knight...

For Catwoman (though I personally don't want to see her), a costume like the one in Grayson would work best, imo... She's basically in a skimpy leather outfit for acrobatic purposes (yeah, right wink ) with subtle cat quirks to it... She's not wearing a mask at all, though, so Batman would know it's Selina immediately...

Still liking my Riddler/Reaper idea...

k since Croc is still loose, they can just show him in the next batman, like to show how Gotham has attracted these 'freaks'. I personally dont wanna see Catwoman, but nolan stated somewhere that if there was going to be catwoman, he'd know wat do to with her. and i still like my riddler idea lol

Da Joker
Having Killer Croc in the next movie would be cool. Make him really large (about 8 ft) and as in Gotham Knight, have a skin disorder.

xNIXSONx
Having Killer Croc in the next movie would be cool. Make him really large (about 8 ft) and as in Gotham Knight, have a skin disorder.

how tall is Christian Bale?

and yeah, just like gotham knight, skin disorder, no tail either, and to showcase how Gotham has become an attraction to freaks and stuff

BruceSkywalker
how tall is Christian Bale?

and yeah, just like gotham knight, skin disorder, no tail either, and to showcase how Gotham has become an attraction to freaks and stuff

Bale is tall as I am...6ft 1"

xNIXSONx
Bale is tall as I am...6ft 1"

k lol wow, guess they should get an even taller dude for Killer Croc then if that happens

the only person i can really think of is the dude that shouldve been The Juggernaut, Nathan Jones http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0428923/

who i also pitched for Bane, itd probably be easier for him to be Killer Croc since i question the guy's acting skill, only seen him in Troy, and The Protector and Fearless and all he did was yell, looked tough, and get wtf pwned in all those movies.

Da Joker
Bale is about 6'3, because Heath is 6'1 & Bale was taller.

BruceSkywalker
Bale is about 6'3, because Heath is 6'1 & Bale was taller.

OK, They worked well together didn't they?

Da Joker
Yeah, they did. I thought the chemistry was there & they worked well. It's too bad we won't see more of that.

Badwolf
I think maybe Poison Ivy!

Da Joker
God no! She's always been a horrid villain!

Badwolf
No, Uma Thurman made people dislike her because she played her totally all wrong.

I do feel that Poison Ivy (played by Isla Fisher) And Bane would be brilliant together.

xNIXSONx
No, Uma Thurman made people dislike her because she played her totally all wrong.

I do feel that Poison Ivy (played by Isla Fisher) And Bane would be brilliant together.

NO POISON IVY & Bane team up please gawd no.

she is way too unreallistic, and i dont even wanna see her in it lol

if they portrayed Bane for whom he really was in the comics, someone extremely smart. That could work itself. But we dont need some eco terrorist blowin horny dust all over the place. im sorry. Id rather see them try to do a realistic Mr Freeze with a freeze gun that shoots liquid nitrogen than have poison ivy.

Da Joker
She's too unrealistic & lame. Uma Thurman performance aside, she's a horrid villain. And there's no way that a team up with her & Bane can work. Bane is too good a villain to be brought down by Ivy....again.

BruceSkywalker
I can unequivocally say that Two Face will return to wreak havoc upon the denizens of Gotham.

Da Joker
I certainly hope so.

cherry cola
how about Lady Shiva WuSan in the next batman movie it could work from the Asian mob.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by cherry cola
how about Lady Shiva WuSan in the next batman movie it could work from the Asian mob.

OMGZ LADY SHIVA!!!

I totally forgot about her... She'd be pretty kool, and, like you said, with Batman recently going to Asia, Lau could have hired her to kill him... She wouldn't be a major villain, but a threat nonetheless...

Riddler, Reaper, and a minor role for Lady Shiva... I'm now set on who I want to see in the third film...

Da Joker
I'm focused on seeing the Riddler. I'm also hoping Nolan gives Riddler a kickass costume/suit.

Bat Dude
It's been rumored that Angelina Jolie is the front runner for a possible Catwoman...

If this is true, I'm not even gonna watch the movie... I'm sick of them thinking that they have to rotate the major villains in EVERY MOVIE... Just give me Reaper (someone who was never in a Batman film before) and Riddler, and I'll be happy... Most of the fans just want to see Riddler, and that's fine... As long as we don't see EVERY major villain in EVERY movie in BOTH franchises, I'm good... But if Nolan decides to use both Riddler AND Catwoman, I won't watch the movie, no matter how good it is...

Da Joker
I will, because I love Batman. And I have no problem with them using Catwoman, but I'd prefer we see Two-Face again. If not, maybe Deadshot and Killer Croc.

Bat Dude
I will, because I love Batman. And I have no problem with them using Catwoman, but I'd prefer we see Two-Face again. If not, maybe Deadshot and Killer Croc.

If Two-Face is alive, then Two-Face and Reaper...

If not, then Riddler and Reaper...

No Catwoman... Maybe Selina Kyle, but NO CATWOMAN...

Da Joker
I kind of want to see Catwoman...it'd give Batman a love interest to work with that's really intriguing. I'd like to see Catwoman & Riddler maybe or have her team up with a villain that hasn't been seen yet...like Bane.

I'd honestly love to see Clayface...too bad that won't happen.

BruceSkywalker
Besides Two Face returning. Angelina Jolie may be on her way as Catwoman...

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN-3_newmar-jolie-for-catwoman_7-29-08.html

But also its like I have said before this is the first of many rumors. More are on the way

Da Joker
I don't have one problem with seeing Catwoman...just as long as we get some top notch villains as well.

BruceSkywalker
I don't have one problem with seeing Catwoman...just as long as we get some top notch villains as well.

Same here. I wanna see another good villain.

SelinaAndBruce
Angelina Jolie as Catwoman? Hell no

Bat Dude
Same here. I wanna see another good villain.

But seeing the same villains OVER AND OVER AND OVER again?

I mean, in the span of 6 films, we've seen both Joker and Two-Face twice... And then we've had Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman once already... If we're getting Two-Face to return, that's 3 times Two-Face was in a film, and if Riddler is in the next one, that's 2 times for him, and if Catwoman is also in the next film, that's 2 times for her... So in 5 of the 7 films, 4 villains have already appeared multiple times... That means they've been in over half the movies made...

And it's really funny because there are great villains that have NEVER been in a film before... Like Hush, or Reaper, or Talia, or Lady Shiva...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>