I Say "No To Batman 3'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
I personally do not want a Spiderman 3 to happen to this franchise, and I really think that if Nolan makes a third Batman, it will be a let down after seeing The Dark Knight.... not becasue it would be a bad movie, but becasue the hype for it would be so intense, I don't think anyone could live up to Ledgers performance... Pretty much just making people go "Well that was an okay movie I guess, the second one was much better."

I believe that if Nolan is smart, he will leave the movie series as it is, and let it be the best two batman movies ever. I really believe that people will just get let down with anything else after this.

vincent

coolmovies
They will make it for the money thats for sure like AVP movies. Even if they do make it we will need a good performance from catwoman or two face

Endrict Nuul
Oh God no......DK3 won't turn into Spider-Man 3. That movie failed because Rami didn't like Venom and the fans did. So this movie was doomed from the start.

Outbound
Nolan's a good director, it would be a shame for him to stop working because of public pressure. They just need to stick to their guns.

Endrict Nuul
However before the next role of the Joker becomes a mess, they should stay away from that idea and cast new villains. This it will be a safe move.

Myth
I say yes to Batman 3. Does "Batman & Robin" make Batman (1989) any worse than the day it was released? No. I personally would not expect the next Batman to be better because I absolutely love Ledger's Joker. But as long as Batman 3 is on par with Batman Begins, I would still be happy, and eve if it is worse, it doesn't lower the value of Begins or TDK.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Oh God no......DK3 won't turn into Spider-Man 3. That movie failed because Rami didn't like Venom and the fans did. So this movie was doomed from the start.

Well that one reason

another one was it had far too many villains they need to keep it simple 1 or 2 villains thats it and any more then its going to bad (Spider-Man 3, Batman and Robin)

TheGame17
Originally posted by Myth
I say yes to Batman 3. Does "Batman & Robin" make Batman (1989) any worse than the day it was released? No. I personally would not expect the next Batman to be better because I absolutely love Ledger's Joker. But as long as Batman 3 is on par with Batman Begins, I would still be happy, and eve if it is worse, it doesn't lower the value of Begins or TDK.

i agree

SelinaAndBruce
I want Batman 3 because I am not satisfied with how TDK ended Batman's story and I want to know more about 2face's fate. Am I scared it could fail? Possibly. But now I trust Nolan. I find it hard to believe that anyone can top the Dark Knight but I still want my third movie.

Mairuzu
If they stick with the same cast and crew how can their fail?

worse case, it'll be just as good as begins...

but in some odd chance that it does fail... at least we'll have some closure to TDK

SelinaAndBruce
Just as good as Begins is not good enough for me because I'm one of the few Batman fans that thought Begins was stale. Good, but not exhilerating in anyway. The Dark Knight blew me away but Begins, it was just like "well...at least Batman's serious again" for me.

Mairuzu
I actually liked begins a lot, could have been better yes

but like i said, worse case scenario...

i doubt you can top TDK without having joker in it.... heath's joker that is

Bat Dude
Batman 3 has to happen...

For me, it's more than just another good Batman film...

For me, it's like this: Burton never got to finish his Batman series, so we HAVE to let Nolan finish his... We can't have the good series stop after two movies again...

SelinaAndBruce
IA Bat Dude it may be unpopular but I kind of wish Burton got to do his 3 films. Then Nolan got to do these. If I could have had it any way as a Batman fan that's what I would have wanted. No Schumacher films ever.

WrathfulDwarf
Everyone is scare of something bad happening to this franchise in the third installment.

Just remember one thing.

When Batman Begins was announce...what was your first reaction? Of course you thought of "Oh, no! Schumacher all over again"

Didn't happen. This is a different team. Different people who have capture the essence of the myth quite perfectly.

Don't say no to a third Batman film. Just wait and see what happens.

You don't have to over do it....ermm

The j0keR
So long as they dont recast the Joker, im fine with it, but if they get someone else to play Joker I will be massively pissed off.

SelinaAndBruce
I don't want a recast Joker under any circumstances.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by The j0keR
So long as they dont recast the Joker, im fine with it, but if they get someone else to play Joker I will be massively pissed off. 2nd

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I don't want a recast Joker under any circumstances.

Even 10 years from now?

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Even 10 years from now? make it 20

but im pretty sure she means for the next movie... you know... like the title states

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Mairuzu
make it 20

but im pretty sure she means for the next movie... you know... like the title states

Well, she DID say under any circumstances... Just making sure...

Mairuzu
I'm sure they'll do more batman movies in the future, they'll HAVE to recast

I don't think it would top this movie though

The j0keR
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Even 10 years from now?

I wouldnt mind if there was another franchise down the line, just like the series recast the first 4 movies characters(even though they recast themselves). I just dont want them to recast Joker in this series.

Da Joker
I say yes to another movie. Nolan has been one of the only directors I've seen that can handle multiple villains. All they need to do is bring back Two-Face & leave the Joker out of it until another franchise surfaces.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Myth
I say yes to Batman 3. Does "Batman & Robin" make Batman (1989) any worse than the day it was released? No. I personally would not expect the next Batman to be better because I absolutely love Ledger's Joker. But as long as Batman 3 is on par with Batman Begins, I would still be happy, and eve if it is worse, it doesn't lower the value of Begins or TDK. Agreed

BruceSkywalker
Batman 3 and up is going to happen. I doubt Nolan and his team will frack things up the way people are thinking. Unless Chris Nolan changes his mind which I highly doubt the last Joker we will ever see in Nolanverse passed away so suddenly. Nolan has said that he is not going to recast this brand new iconic role made famously now by the late Heath Ledger.

Menetnashté
Yeah they should make it, it's probably not going to live up to TDK, but hey that doesn't mean it won't still kick ass.

BruceSkywalker

Da Joker
As do I, a movie with mostly Two-Face & possibly one other villain would be perfect. Eckhart was awesome as Two-Face & more of him would be great.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Da Joker
As do I, a movie with mostly Two-Face & possibly one other villain would be perfect. Eckhart was awesome as Two-Face & more of him would be great.

Except the fact he DIED

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Da Joker

Yes it will. I can't wait to see more of Aaron Eckhart as Two Face

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Except the fact he DIED We don't know that for sure.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Mairuzu
We don't know that for sure.

He either died, of his funeral was a hoax and Two Face was shipped to Arkham... And the Funeral was for Dents, well, self before the switch

Mairuzu
I guess we'll have to see. Either way i still want Riddler to be the next villain.

S_D_J

I personally do not want a Spiderman 3 to happen to this franchise, and I really think that if Nolan makes a third Batman, it will be a let down after seeing The Dark Knight.... not becasue it would be a bad movie, but becasue the hype for it would be so intense, I don't think anyone could live up to Ledgers performance... Pretty much just making people go "Well that was an okay movie I guess, the second one was much better."

I believe that if Nolan is smart, he will leave the movie series as it is, and let it be the best two batman movies ever. I really believe that people will just get let down with anything else after this.

vincent

There will be a Batman 3 just as there will be a Spiderman 4Originally posted by Kazenji
Well that one reason

another one was it had far too many villains they need to keep it simple 1 or 2 villains thats it and any more then its going to bad (Spider-Man 3, Batman and Robin)

We had 3 villains in TDK... actually 4 if you count Maroni

roll eyes (sarcastic)

big grin

ragesRemorse
Nolan and Bale signed on for a trilogy. If indeed Nolan plans on doing a third. I'm sure he already had a vision for the trilogy planned. Either way. I trust the director and the lead actor. Nolan seems to have integrity. I just hope, after the box office smash that the Dark Knight was, Nolan doesn't lose the majority of his influence to the studio's and producers.

Da Joker
Except the fact he DIED

He could've been secretly moved by Gordon to Arkham. However, ya gotta know he'll be hella pissed since he said he didn't want to escape from it. Man, just thinking about seeing Two-Face again is making me orgasm./spoiler]

Quincy
I think a third Batman movie would be really great. I mean, Christopher Nolan is one of the best directors out there, (I mean, you all saw MEMENTO right?)

One of the things that put TDK above the other superheroes movies was its quality of acting right? If Nolan continues to cast great actors ala Eckhart, Ledger, Caine, I dont see how the quality of the franchise could go down.

I think we are all just so upset that the franchise will go on without Ledger, thus possibly no Joker.

Robtard

vincent

You have a couple of serious logical flaws there.

If Ledger didn't die, they probably wouldn't bring back the Joker as the villain in the 3rd movie, to avoid the "more of the same" aspect. Even if they did, you're going on the premise that some other actor couldn't do a better (or equal) job with the role, which is silly, since Ledger isn't the end-all to acting.

Having said that, Batman 3 is in the works, with the record money TDK made, they will with 100% certainty continue the franchise.

Boy Blue
The 3rd Batman movie could be as good, IMO.

The challenge would be to reach the same level of excellence from a different angle... this challenged everything that Batman represents.

But, say we get Catwoman for the 3rd, and it becomes, instead of a challenge for Batman, a challenge for the human behind him, in some pseudo-romance vigilante epic?

On a separate note, Riddler could be good, if they have emphasis on his insanity.

Phucked Up
Vinny, you have this thread specifically saying you do not want a Batman 3...yet you are creating threads to talk about who you want to be in the next movie.

Please share the drugs you are on, because I can't understand your flip-flopping logic. no expression

Robtard
Originally posted by Boy Blue
The 3rd Batman movie could be as good, IMO.

The challenge would be to reach the same level of excellence from a different angle... this challenged everything that Batman represents.

But, say we get Catwoman for the 3rd, and it becomes, instead of a challenge for Batman, a challenge for the human behind him, in some pseudo-romance vigilante epic?

On a separate note, Riddler could be good, if they have emphasis on his insanity.
So basically recap Batman Returns, Pfeiffer is still pretty hot, maybe have her reprise the role as well.

SelinaAndBruce
Pfeiffer's over 50 no way she's turning flips and stuff again.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Phucked Up
Vinny, you have this thread specifically saying you do not want a Batman 3...yet you are creating threads to talk about who you want to be in the next movie.

Please share the drugs you are on, because I can't understand your flip-flopping logic. no expression I still don't understand why this is a thread to begin with?

Jazzman_78
Pfeiffer's over 50 no way she's turning flips and stuff again.

Heh. Did she do her own flips in Returns?

SelinaAndBruce
I thought so but not sure. I know she did a lot of her own stuff especially the whip stuff

BruceSkywalker
I thought so but not sure. I know she did a lot of her own stuff especially the whip stuff

That was a gymnast doing the flips.

SelinaAndBruce
O thanks for clarifying that I never knew

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.