Emma Frost runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Glorificus
Emma Frost faces the following opponents in telepathic battles only.
She's restored to full health after each battle. She can take the battle to the Astral Plane if she wishes. How far does she make it?

1.) Aquaman
2.) M
3.) Psylocke (Crimson dawn)
4.) No-Girl (Martha)
5.) Mr. Sinister
6.) The Three-in-One
7.) Gorilla Grodd
8.) Exodus
9.) Elias Bogan
10.) Shadow King

occultdestroyer
How the hell will she beat M who is a mutant with the power of "perfection"??

Metalmanx
Honestly, she probably doesn't make it past Psylocke. At least, in my opinion.

Could be wrong though.

xmarksthespot
Psylocke has never been remotely as skilled a telepath as Emma Frost. Nor has she been depicted as more powerful...

Metalmanx
And yet able to completely contain the Shadow King using only her telepathy?

xmarksthespot
I don't know what you mean by "only." Her psionic powers have always been either telepathy or telekinesis never both.

The Shadow King stretched himself thin figuratively speaking, leaving his personal psionic nexus unguarded. She managed to find and contain this nexus with the totality of her telepathic powers; and as a consequence trapped him in the astral plane. (In a battle on the astral plane, Emma wouldn't make this same mistake)

In an all out telepathic battle, with his full attention on her I doubt Psylocke would fare well against the Shadow King.

In recent times Emma has been shown blocking an upgraded Xavier and Exodus from using their powers. And Exodus considers her alongside himself, Sinister, Phoenix and Xavier with regard to telepathic prowess.

Psylocke's telepathy was always more rooted in the physical. She lacks the more traditional feats of skill and power that most other telepaths have in abundance.

Raoul
Originally posted by Glorificus
Emma Frost faces the following opponents in telepathic battles only.
She's restored to full health after each battle. She can take the battle to the Astral Plane if she wishes. How far does she make it?

1.) Aquaman
2.) M
3.) Psylocke (Crimson dawn)
4.) No-Girl (Martha)
5.) Mr. Sinister
6.) The Three-in-One
7.) Gorilla Grodd
8.) Exodus
9.) Elias Bogan
10.) Shadow King

lopsided gauntlet, imo...

Metalmanx
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I don't know what you mean by "only." Her psionic powers have always been either telepathy or telekinesis never both.

The Shadow King stretched himself thin figuratively speaking, leaving his personal psionic nexus unguarded. She managed to find and contain this nexus with the totality of her telepathic powers; and as a consequence trapped him in the astral plane. (In a battle on the astral plane, Emma wouldn't make this same mistake)

In an all out telepathic battle, with his full attention on her I doubt Psylocke would fare well against the Shadow King.

In recent times Emma has been shown blocking an upgraded Xavier and Exodus from using their powers. And Exodus considers her alongside himself, Sinister, Phoenix and Xavier with regard to telepathic prowess.

Psylocke's telepathy was always more rooted in the physical. She lacks the more traditional feats of skill and power that most other telepaths have in abundance.

Hm. Okay. I concede. Crimson Dawn Psylocke really didn't have the same number of feats. I've always considered the containing of the Shadow King to be pretty damn impressive though.

However, she has had both TP and TK. She just sacrificed her TP to contain the Shadow King and focused on her TK then.

It's a good thing that the thread-starter clarified what version of Psyocke. Current Psylocke wouldn't have a problem with Emma, as she is immune to telepathy.

xmarksthespot
Nah, that's a common misconception. Psylocke was originally (a precog and) telepathic. She didn't become a telekinetic until she somehow wound up with Jean's telekinesis. I don't recall there ever being Psylocke with both powers.

And yeh, Psylocke has some good showings, from before her body switch in Inferno iirc and the Shadow King feat. But she doesn't have the depth of showings that Emma does.

Metalmanx
Nah, that's a common misconception. Psylocke was originally (a precog and) telepathic. She didn't become a telekinetic until she somehow wound up with Jean's telekinesis.

And yeh, Psylocke has some good showings, from before her body switch in Inferno iirc and the Shadow King feat. But she doesn't have the depth of showings that Emma does.

It's not a misconception for me--I knew that was how she got her TK, but I just honestly forgot that she gained Jean's TK pretty soon after she sacrificed her TP. Basically, my timeline for Psylocke was messed up. stick out tongue

xmarksthespot
The timeline for Psylocke in general is messed up anyway... body swaps, power swaps, deaths and rebirths. Bleh. Senile Claremont.

As for the thread... the gauntlet is kind of out of order... and I can't be bothered assigning definitive numbers to any of the fights...

ExodusCloak
I`m going to have to come back to this thread in the next few months using this damn phone to keep tabs on comic related news is a bit of a pain.
Btw That Shadow King feat is being overplayed re-read the last few pages of X-Men 78 to see how she won that, any telepath in those circumstances would have won that bout, Off topic but there`s concept art for an alternate ending on the net involving Batsy`s death and Jean, I`ll post it when I`m back at home, Also M has been downed by Emma before, Sorry for the rant but Tp Betsy is not even fit to shine Emma`s shoes.
Note to self add UXM 500 feat & potential Legacy Xavier fight to respect thread,

psi-aura
he might have trouble with Mr Sinister and Exodus, possibly the 3 in 1, but if karma could beat the shadow king, then Emma certainly can.

supremthor
Why is Aquaman first? She doesnt get passed him.

redhotrash
Stops at Sinister.

Mindset
Originally posted by supremthor
Why is Aquaman first? She doesnt get passed him. ?

psi-aura

If she doesn't psi blast him, all his water does is make her diamond form shiny. and she could always resort to feminine charm... shifty

Mshinu
I think Emma vs Sinister would be a very very drawn out battle. Pretty close but i see Sinister outlasting or luring her into a trap in his mind for a majority.

If she get past Essex she can make it to Exodus. She can hold Bennet for a while, but not very long.

BlackZero30x

Aquaman is pretty awesome but not that awesome.

Creshosk
Nah, that's a common misconception. Psylocke was originally (a precog and) telepathic. She didn't become a telekinetic until she somehow wound up with Jean's telekinesis. I don't recall there ever being Psylocke with both powers.

And yeh, Psylocke has some good showings, from before her body switch in Inferno iirc and the Shadow King feat. But she doesn't have the depth of showings that Emma does. The body swap was a little bit after inferno.

She goes through the Siege Perilous in Uncanny 251 and then we see her again in 257 as a hand assassin calling herself Lady Mandarin.

If you need a name to put to the story arc at the time it's Acts of Vengence

Konton
Current Psylocke has both telepathy and tk. Her telepathy is a pale shadow of what it used to be, but it's back.

Stops and stalemates at Exodus.

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
How the hell will she beat M who is a mutant with the power of "perfection"?? No she's not. Her TP is far below Emma's as well.

She might stop at 5. If not, stops at 8.

psi-aura
I think the list needs re-ordering. like, easiest to hardest, as opposed to the order now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.