Infinity Gauntlet showdown.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

six6six
The following have at sometime or another, possessed the Infinity Gauntlet.

-Magus/Adam Warlock
-Nebula
-Man-Beast
-Silver Surfer(what if..#49)

They all tasted supreme power, but I'm sure one wield' it better than the other.
If each of them possessed the Gauntlet all at the same time,(let's just pretend there were 4 gauntlets) and they were fighting to see who was truly the supreme being, who would be the last man/woman standing?

NOTE: Thanos was not included cause quite frankly, he'd mop the floor with these clowns. He has the intelligence and knows how to use the gems better. IMO

Harbinger
Magus, IMO.

Jugglenaut
Surfer created universal peace with the Gauntlet, changed Death, and he also defeated Mephisto in his own realm.

What have the other wielders done(as a comparison)?

King Kandy
Magus wins, he was stated to be better suited for the IG's power than either Warlock or Thanos.

six6six
Originally posted by King Kandy
Magus wins, he was stated to be better suited for the IG's power than either Warlock or Thanos.

I still think Thanos was best suited for it, personally.

quanchi112
Originally posted by six6six
I still think Thanos was best suited for it, personally. Agreed. Magus was stated if I recall correctly as adapting to godhood faster than anyone but it was never stated he was better with the ig than all others who had possessed it.

george '06
magus or warlock, warlock did kill eternity(twice didnt he)

quanchi112
Originally posted by george '06
magus or warlock, warlock did kill eternity(twice didnt he) False.

Nihilist
didnt LT say something like that he wasnt sure if he could take warlock with the gauntlet or something along those lines?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nihilist
didnt LT say something like that he wasnt sure if he could take warlock with the gauntlet or something along those lines? No. He said he represented forces that dwarf the ig.

Warlock said that remains to be seen. Then he gave up the goods.

Nihilist
Originally posted by quanchi112
No. He said he represented forces that dwarf the ig.

Warlock said that remains to be seen. Then he gave up the goods.

just found the issue, LT said "such a confrontation would lay waste to this reality"

King Kandy
Agreed. Magus was stated if I recall correctly as adapting to godhood faster than anyone but it was never stated he was better with the ig than all others who had possessed it.
It's only logical that adapting faster shows he had greater capacity for the IG.

quanchi112
just found the issue, LT said "such a confrontation would lay waste to this reality" Correct. Lt imo would have won had they settled things the hard way.

quanchi112
It's only logical that adapting faster shows he had greater capacity for the IG. I disagree. Because you learn a skill or anything quicker than I do doesnt mean you will be better in the long run.

King Kandy
I disagree. Because you learn a skill or anything quicker than I do doesnt mean you will be better in the long run.
Yeah it does. It means i'm better suited for that skill (generally.)

darthgoober
He wasn't stated to be better suited, Warlock just said that he was adapting to the power more quickly than he or Thanos did. A greater proficiency is kinda implied, but it's never outright stated. And the whole thing is kinda suspect because Warlock was running a scam on Magus the whole time and knew his mind was being read so it's not as if he was going to think "boy it's a good thing that Magus doesn't know what's really going on right now".

quanchi112
Yeah it does. It means i'm better suited for that skill (generally.) No it means you are a quick learner but has nothing to so with overall potential imo.

Michael Jordan got cut from his basketball team in hschool and I am sure other talented kids werent cut. He became the best in most eyes but wasnt always the best but he became the best.

quanchi112
Agreed. Magus was stated if I recall correctly as adapting to godhood faster than anyone but it was never stated he was better with the ig than all others who had possessed it. Originally posted by darthgoober
He wasn't stated to be better suited, Warlock just said that he was adapting to the power more quickly than he or Thanos did. A greater proficiency is kinda implied, but it's never outright stated. And the whole thing is kinda suspect because Warlock was running a scam on Magus the whole time and knew his mind was being read. Good point.

Galan007
magus/warlock. the feats they achieved are > what anyone else has done with the ig, imo.

didnt LT say something like that he wasnt sure if he could take warlock with the gauntlet or something along those lines? lt had to determain whether or not he had the power to wrest the gauntlet from warlock:

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/3715/ig1bz6.th.jpg

guy222
magus

OneDumbG0
Did I not read a story where Manbeast obtained the Infinity Gauntlet? I was under the impression he only harnessed the Power, Mind, Time and Space Gems. I also believed he even said that any deleterious effects from personal use of the Infinity Gems through the flesh would be bypassed through instrumentation. Which in my mind, suggested that he feared that he himself wasn't up to snuff. Is there another story that is escaping my mind?

Mr Master
Originally posted by darthgoober

He wasn't stated to be better suited, Warlock just said that he was adapting to the power more quickly than he or Thanos did. A greater proficiency is kinda implied, but it's never outright stated. And the whole thing is kinda suspect because Warlock was running a scam on Magus the whole time and knew his mind was being read so it's not as if he was going to think "boy it's a good thing that Magus doesn't know what's really going on right now".
thumb up

Mr Master
Originally posted by Galan007

t had to determain whether or not he had the power to wrest the gauntlet from warlock:

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/3715/ig1bz6.th.jpg
An ambiguous scene imo,
that was a nice spice to add drama to the story brother G,
because Warlock later admitted
that the LT was a representative of one who is above the IG,
shortly after Infinity Watch #1, and before Infinity War.

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/7757/ltorderswl0iy.th.jpg

This statement would be inconsequential if it didn't pertain to the LT likewise.

Also, in the following IG arc, (infinity War)
LT had complete power over the IG,
remember, LT made the IG in-affective, (Infinity War)
and proved with a phrase, that the IG depends on the LT to even function.

On top of this,
the LT's bio confirmed that the LT's power surpassed that of the IG,
and they even use that same incident between Warlock & the LT as their proof.

Which tells me IMO,
that the LT was determining if he had the power (as in the right)
since he acts solely on protocol,
which is the same reason why he didn't attack Rune:

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/548798_LT.jpg

The LT's 3 faces must agree before he acts.

A good question would be,
how can the LT not have the right, if he is the ultimate cosmic judge?

The IG makes one basically the Supreme being (beneath the LT of course)
but nonetheless a Supreme being, and by cosmic law,
the LT can't interfere with the pecking order of power scales if it does not upset the balance,
this exactly why,
the LT did not interfere with Thanos:

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/6453/ltnoig1lw8.th.jpg

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3766/ltnoig2zv1.th.jpg

Unlike Thanos,
Warlock's state of mind did not qualify him to take over that position.

Galan007
there was really no need for such a long reply. i simply quoted exactly what was on that page, in response to Nihilist's original question. nothing more. nothing less.

smile

Mr Master
Originally posted by Galan007

there was really no need for such a long reply.
i simply quoted exactly what was on that page,
in response to Nihilist's original question. nothing more. nothing less.
It looks longer than it is. stick out tongue

Anyway, I was only giving Nihilist another perspective in response to your post,
there's no fallacy in your post, but it's a straight cut deal,
and I feel like there's more to that scene, that's what my reply was about.

We should absorb all possibilities good friend,
I needed to show the proof behind my reasons,
I never said you were wrong or i was right,
in fact, I added, imo. smile

Utrigita
Wouldn't the wielder of the IG kind of stalemate against each other since there powerlevels with the gauntlet is well equal?

starlock
Surfer IG for the win

ultimatethor
IMO it would be a draw as all of them should technically have the same powers( control over evrything).

P.S Its a little off topic but was there ever a time that LT was considered below the IG and the phoenix force on KMC?

Mr Master
Originally posted by ultimatethor

IMO it would be a draw
as all of them should technically have the same powers( control over evrything).
That's kinda true.

Only Nebula had a slight limitation,
but that's because she was living rotting corpse just prior to acquiring the IG,
she still was able to curbstomp the hierarchy though,
but wasn't able to sense Warlock's existence,
because Warlock is outside the influence of Eternity/Infinity/Chaos & Order,
therefore only an adept wielder of the IG
such as Thanos/Warlock/Magus would be able to.
Originally posted by ultimatethor

P.S Its a little off topic
but was there ever a time that LT was considered below the IG
and the phoenix force on KMC?
Never below the IG.

But once in 2005
someone tried to fallaciously present a scan where the LT is bowing to the Stranger,
it was a vision of the Stranger after usurping Mankind's destiny,
that destiny being, becoming "Gods" (Eternity's unto themselves)
where the abstracts were nothing to them,
well,
a certain someone
tried to pass that off
as the LT bowing down to the Phoenix power with deceptively cropped scans.

This deliberate fallacy lasted for a while until Lord S exposed the fabrication.

So in truth, Phoenix (the Phoenix Force) whatever, is a firefly to the LT.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr Master
It looks longer than it is. stick out tongue

Anyway, I was only giving Nihilist another perspective in response to your post,
there's no fallacy in your post, but it's a straight cut deal,
and I feel like there's more to that scene, that's what my reply was about.

We should absorb all possibilities good friend,
I needed to show the proof behind my reasons,
I never said you were wrong or i was right,
in fact, I added, imo. smile cool beans. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.