Shelagh Fraser (Aunt Beru) Dies Aged 77

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
The Official Star Wars Website has updated with the sad news that Shelagh Fraser, best known to Star Wars fans as Aunt Beru, has passed away after a lengthy illness.

There are no further details as yet. Another sad loss to the Star Wars Universe.

Dim
So sad...sad . I hope they dedicate EP2 to her and Guiness...

UnknownBountyHunter
Really, its upsetting to think so many of the original stars have died. Lars hasn't has he?

Ratcat
I don't believe so.

What will also be sad is that even within Star Wars circles the name Shelagh Fraser is predominately answered with "Who?" unless you add on the "Aunt Beru" bit.

King Jedi
Phil Brown who played Owen died a few years ago. I agree with Dim about Ep2. After "Along time ago in a galaxy far far away" it should say "for Alec".

Dim
for Alec and Shelagh...

Just wondering...do you pronounce Shelagh the same as Sheila?

King Jedi
I think so. I think it is a Welsh name.

theEviljedi
Brown did not die.He commented on the death of Frasher just recently.

Ratcat
I thought he wasn't dead but did say cos I can't be 100% sure. IMDB don't list a date of death and they normally try to if someone is dead though not always.

Dim
I wonder how many people have tried to tell Phil he's dead?

I really like Shelagh (the name)...very cool.

theEviljedi
Not many old Star Wars actors left besides Brown.

King Jedi
Phil Brown is dead. EJ- Where did you see that he was still alive?

Dim
Hehehe...

PHil Brown quote-

"We are all devastated to lose Shelagh," actor Phil Brown, who played her husband, cranky moisture farmer Owen Lars, told iFUSE Thursday (Sept. 14). "She was a very wonderful person and will be missed by all of us," he continued. "She had been seriously ill for sometime. Fortunately she went peacefully in her sleep."

I'm not he is or isn't dead...but he is talking. *shiver*

Xizor
King Jedi, where did you hear he was dead?

theEviljedi
Go to theforce.net

King Jedi
Every Star Wars magazine that I own which has something to do with Owen refers to the "late Phil Brown".

Ratcat
Sorry King Jedi, I think you've lost this one.

According to the Official Phil Brown website, found funnily enough, at www.philbrown.com it states the following:

Now, 84 and retired from acting, <Phil> Brown attends the occasional autograph convention and is working on a short treatise entitled "Memoirs of a Premature Anti-Fascist or How I Fell to the Left", which will soon be available for purchase at this website.

He's also booked into three UK conventions in the next few months and they're all quite close to where I live so I'll pop along and prod him with a stick. If he yells at me then we'll know. laughing out loud

King Jedi
You mean all those years I thought he was dead and felt quite sad but all the time he has his own web site? I feel betrayed.sad But I'm glad he is alivesmile .

Ratcat
Like I said at the top somewhere, I wasn't sure either. I think it's rather a popular misconception amongst fans that he died.

Darth Daft
I wonder if the bartender at the Mos Eisley Cantina is dead...

Council#13
hello springfield!!!!

Jedi Priestess
YOU BUMPED A FIVE YEAR OLD THREAD FOR THAT? mad

amity75
There was me thinking "Where did all these 2000 members come from?"

Council#13
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
YOU BUMPED A FIVE YEAR OLD THREAD FOR THAT? mad

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sesse
*** N00b WARS***

Episode III
Revenge of the troll

Anarchy! The KMC Star wars forums are crumbling under attacks by ruthless troll-lord Council#13. There are moderators on both sides. Trolling is everywhere.
In a stunning move, the fiendish troll leader Council#13 has swept into the episode 1,2,3 forum and resurrected some old threads.
As the separatist troll army attempts to flee the moderated forums with their laughs, two moderator knights lead a desperate mission to rescue the forums future...

Ushgarak
Do NOT bump threads for no purpose.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.