Riddler Next Villian [Official Riddler Batman3 Thread]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
...In an interview a few weeks ago with Gary Oldman said matterafactly to a question by an intervier about the movies next villian, "Oh there are lots of villians to choose, heh, Like the Riddler of course. Smart, a character with a well developed background, and one of the main villians.. Bats NEED to go against brilliant foes.." He ended with a grin...

Deos he know something we don't? I'd place money on it if there is a third.

vincent

Darth Martin
The Riddler not a bad choice. Make him more darker. Some people say make him something like Jigsaw in the Saw series.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

...In an interview a few weeks ago with Gary Oldman said matterafactly to a question by an intervier about the movies next villian, "Oh there are lots of villians to choose, heh, Like the Riddler of course. Smart, a character with a well developed background, and one of the main villians.. Bats NEED to go against brilliant foes.." He ended with a grin...

Deos he know something we don't? I'd place money on it if there is a third.

vincent

Howabout posting in the batman 3 villain thread rather than making an unnecessary thread erm

However it is interesting.

Vinny Valentine

Mairuzu
Hurray for Vinny's 80th useless thread in this Batman forum!

Menetnashté
This isn't a guess, I'm really stating it, and making the thread for the fact I think it IS going to happen.
Congrats Vinny, you can state your "fact" in the batman 3 villain thread, hurray for common sense.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Darth Martin
The Riddler not a bad choice. Make him more darker. Some people say make him something like Jigsaw in the Saw series.

hopefully he doesnt look like marylin manson however you spell it. like the way they made him look on The Batman.

but YEAH i can see it now. the jigsaw type deal makes me see Riddler in the nolanverse better.

BruceSkywalker
The Riddler shall make an interesting villain.

Impediment
Make the Riddler more like John Doe in "Se7en" and you have one kick ass villain. yes

Vinny Valentine
All my threads have had a meaning, douchebag big grin

xNIXSONx
lol before i would think the idea of a dude dishing out riddles to batman and the cops would be kinda of cheesy, but if he took the jigsaw approach, something dark and menacing. it could work. Like if batman was like locked in a room, and put into a grim situation, where he has to solve a riddle to save his life, you guys who said batman will be his own villain in the 3rd could be put into play, batman could be pushed to the limit while trying to solve this puzzle, and have some lives at stake too. but now it sounds like Saw with a riddle

edit: the se7en approach is cool too

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
Make the Riddler more like John Doe in "Se7en" and you have one kick ass villain. yes

I second this

Mairuzu
All my threads have had a meaning, douchebag big grin Whats with the name calling?

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Whats with the name calling?

Well, it means I love you.

Mairuzu
Makes sense

Myth
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
hopefully he doesnt look like marylin manson however you spell it. like the way they made him look on The Batman.

but YEAH i can see it now. the jigsaw type deal makes me see Riddler in the nolanverse better.

Jesus! I never watched The Batman so I looked it up and he looks terrible. Not worse than their Joker though. Yikes.

Bat Dude
I really don't want to see Riddler AGAIN...

Bring in other villains that make sense with the story as of the end of TDK... On the run, vigilantism, etc. As I said in the B3 Villain thread, Reaper and Huntress would be pretty kool choices...

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Myth
Jesus! I never watched The Batman so I looked it up and he looks terrible. Not worse than their Joker though. Yikes.

lmao The Batman's Joker is horrible too, i definately dig the animated series Joker and the rest of the villains then too

Micheal_Myers
Wow, just looked up Joker from The Batman myself....he looks GOD AWFUL....hilariously stupid.

Devil King
John Doe was crazy. If you guys are up for a cookie cutter version of batman villains then make him a take on the Joker. Personally, I give the Riddler more credit than that. Narcissistic and psychotic are two different things. Maybe that's why people have been saying that the Michael Anthony hall character, Mike Engel, from the Dark Knight was a set-up for the Riddler. Who is more narcissistic than people on television?

ScarletSpeed
I could see the Riddler being in the next movie,stick out tongue

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/kidchino05/Gotham_Knights_by_CrimsonPhantasm.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/kidchino05/riddlerr.jpg

Devil King
That first poster is pretty cool. Loose the question mark cane in the second and it might be cool too. And replace the ?'s in the back ground with binary code and it'll be awesome.

Devil King
Oh, and I'm kind of digging the Shadow of the Bat title for a Riddler movie.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
I could see the Riddler being in the next movie,stick out tongue

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/kidchino05/Gotham_Knights_by_CrimsonPhantasm.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/kidchino05/riddlerr.jpg

Great posters

xNIXSONx
first poster is sick

ScarletSpeed
who would make a good riddler?mhmm

BruceSkywalker
who would make a good riddler?mhmm

Not sure at this point. I'lll come p with some answers tomorrow.

ScarletSpeed
A young David Hyde Pierce would be good,

he is a very underrated Actor,

but he really is amazing.

xNIXSONx
if hyde pierce is the riddler lets hope he doesnt have a trouser malfunction lol

James McAvoy has been thrown around on msg boards, and Edward Norton is an extremely talented actor

Devil King
James McAvoy has been thrown around on msg boards

If the Riddler hasn't been set up in previous movies, this is an actor I could get behind. He was great in Rory O'Shea Was Here all the way to Last King of Scotland. He's been one of my picks for a while for the character.

SelinaAndBruce
I'd like Johnny Depp too. I just want him in a Batman movie, lol

Darth Martin
I say they go ith Norton. They pick the most talented candidate. Just like how they picked Ledger for The Joker.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I say they go ith Norton. They pick the most talented candidate. Just like how they picked Ledger for The Joker.

i dont think any of us had any idea how talented Heath Ledger was. cuz i wasnt lol i just trusted in Nolan and went with the i believe in heath ledger campaign slogan

Devil King
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I'd like Johnny Depp too. I just want him in a Batman movie, lol

That's very Tim Burton of you.

Not that he's been wrong in his constant casting of Depp. I'm just saying...

SnakeEyes
This is an idea that came to me just now, but with Batman on the run and everything, The Riddler could take advantage of that situation and frame Batman further/make it seem as though Batman had been doing some nasty stuff. I think that'd open the door to the "detective" side of Batman, which Nolan's franchise hasn't really touched on thusfar. Of course there'd have to be a lot more to the movie than just the above idea, but still, I think they could incorporate that.

Devil King
Originally posted by Devil King
If the Riddler hasn't been set up in previous movies, this is an actor I could get behind.

Vincent Kartheiser

Da Joker
Johnny Depp as the Riddler will not do.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Da Joker

My thoughts exactly

sithsaber408
Ewan McGregor, all psycho-mode.

Think about it, it could work.

SelinaAndBruce
Johnny Depp can play anything IMO

ScarletSpeed
if hyde pierce is the riddler lets hope he doesnt have a trouser malfunction lol

James McAvoy has been thrown around on msg boards, and Edward Norton is an extremely talented actor

haha, FamilyGuy ftwlaughing out loud

agreed.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Ewan McGregor, all psycho-mode.

Think about it, it could work.

Phuck no...

Endrict Nuul

thumb up

Forty_Seven
Joshua Harto (Reese from The Dark Knight)
Why you ask?

His name was Reese in the movie, put a 'mister' in front of that.
Mister Reese
Mysteries
Riddles are myserties

Mairuzu
Like Lana/Peach stated...

David Tennant would be awesome for riddler

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Forty_Seven
Joshua Harto (Reese from The Dark Knight)
Why you ask?

His name was Reese in the movie, put a 'mister' in front of that.
Mister Reese
Mysteries
Riddles are myserties I hated that guy

ScarletSpeed
Casey Affleck should play The Riddlersmile

Mairuzu
**** casey affleck no expression

ScarletSpeed
**** casey affleck no expression

why ?

you don't think he would be good?

who do you think should play The Riddler then?laughing

Bat Dude
who do you think should play The Riddler then?laughing

No one...

Because Riddler shouldn't be in it...

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Bat Dude
No one...

Because Riddler shouldn't be in it...

thumb up

Quincy
Dwayne Johnson for The riddler!

Ouch.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Quincy
Dwayne Johnson for The riddler!

Ouch.

laughing

Mairuzu
why ?

you don't think he would be good?

who do you think should play The Riddler then?laughing I'm gonna have to agree with Dr Who

celestialdemon
I could see Crispin Glover being the Riddler.

Mairuzu
Possibly

Quincy
Maybe the Riddler could be a mythic criminal mastermind people believed to be behind a series of robberies taking place in all different places, who decides to head to Gotham to see if he can compete with the so called "World's Greatest Detective" who seems to be as mythic as himself. Sounds like a narcissistic genius to me. Of course, he doesn't show himself. More of a behind the scenes kinda guy.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by celestialdemon
I could see Crispin Glover being the Riddler.

he was also pitched around here during the casting of the Joker, before Heath Ledger was announced

celestialdemon
he was also pitched around here during the casting of the Joker, before Heath Ledger was announced

I remember that. IMO, he has the look and manneurisms to belong in that world.

TheVapor
As stated above:
-James McAvoy
-Johny Depp
-David Tennant

would all be good choices for the role. But allow me to make my own suggestion:
Andy Serkis; I think he would be good as the Riddler in both actions and dialogue. As a plus he LOOKS like he could be Riddler.

Da Joker
I used to dislike the Riddler, but I could totally see him being in this universe. And with Nolan at the helm of everything, if he teamed the Riddler with Two-Face it'd actually be good this time.

BruceSkywalker
I used to dislike the Riddler, but I could totally see him being in this universe. And with Nolan at the helm of everything, if he teamed the Riddler with Two-Face it'd actually be good this time.

Yes I do agree. If the Riddler and Two Face team up in three it will be faaaaaaaaaaaaar better then the Schumacher one.

Devil King
I'd still rather not see them team up, much less appear in the same movie. I still want Catwoman in the next one.

Quincy
I don't like James Mcavoy as Riddler. I didn't really care for him in wanted either.

He seems too....boyish. Like young. I found his kickassness in Wanted to unbelievable, i.e he looks like a fratboy IMO.

But I hope they base his appearance on the Animated Series Riddler. I thought that incarnation was the best for his character.

Micheal_Myers
I'm gonna say no to Johnny Depp because Jack Sparrow would be the only running through my mind. And he isnt very riddler like.

I cant think of anyone right now...because I am not good with actors.

Quincy
How about Michael Emerson? He plays Benjamin Linus on the show "Lost"

and he's very creepy and plotting and evil.

xBuuT6x4IL4

3LHen4-pzZM

SnakeEyes
That guy ^ is too "pedophile creepy," which isn't right and personally, I'm just not fond of his acting. Ed Norton would probably do a great job, I'd love to see him do it.

Quincy
Well hell yes Edward Norton is every bit of awesome

Myth
I'm not a fan of that guy either. Also, all of the actors selected to play villains so far are famous actors. I've never even heard this guys name until now.

How about Andy Dick? j/k

Vinny Valentine
From the gothem times. Official site.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/Mizk/TheRiddler.jpg

Vinny Valentine
1) Michael Emerson, 2) Casey Affleck or 3) Adrian Brody 4) Guy Pearce

I vote these for the riddler's.

I also believe it will be the Riddler as someone trying to hunt Batman (If you've seen the end of the movie)

Also, The Riddler gives them Viral Advertising.

xNIXSONx
no andy dick, god no, EDWARD NORTON, Fight Club alone is impressive enough.

im pretty sure Adrian Brody and Guy Pearce were pitched around here for the Joker before Ledger too. Who's next? Lachy Hulme, Sean Penn, and Paul Bettany?

Endrict Nuul
The Riddler ain't going to hunt shit...That's not his character and he sucks as a major villain. He does fine in the back ground with his puzzles. Never mind the fact that he's also a boring character. Now if they add him behind Deathstroke, Deadshot or Bane then there's something to work with. We gotta have action.....

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
The Riddler ain't going to hunt shit...That's not his character and he sucks as a major villain. He does fine in the back ground with his puzzles. Never mind the fact that he's also a boring character. Now if they add him behind Deathstroke, Deadshot or Bane then there's something to work with. We gotta have action.....

You haven't watched the Batman Anime Nolan did.
That takes place between TDK and BB

BruceSkywalker
If The Riddler is indeed in Batman 3, I hope the actor is good

Endrict Nuul
You haven't watched the Batman Anime Nolan did.
That takes place between TDK and BB

And which one was that? as far as I know this is the first time Nolan has ever worked on a Batman project.

Vinny Valentine
And which one was that?

Gothem Knights

xNIXSONx
Gothem Knights

Gotham Knights yes and to Nuul

it featured villains like Scarecrow, Killer Croc, some russians and Deadshot

Endrict Nuul
Gothem Knights

I have it...

where does it say Nolan has worked on it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Gotham_Knight

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1117563/

http://www.warnervideo.com/batmangothamknight/

check out the credits.....

Endrict Nuul
Gotham Knights yes and to Nuul

it featured villains like Scarecrow, Killer Croc, some russians and Deadshot

I know that and I have it but where does it say Nolan has worked on it?

Quincy
Screw Adrien Brody

xNIXSONx
I know that and I have it but where does it say Nolan has worked on it?

ask vinny, i never said whether Nolan worked on it or not

Vinny Valentine
From the gothem times. Official site.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/Mizk/TheRiddler.jpg

xNIXSONx
http://movies.ign.com/articles/892/892656p1.html

"seeing as how Batman has made short work of the cops in the past, they would need help catching him. The Mayor (or perhaps Boss Rupert Thorne) could demand that they bring in a hired gun to help get the job done. Enter the Riddler, who is currently portrayed in the comics as a good bad guy who helps the cops crack cases. He possesses a superior intellect and proves it by solving mysteries.

The trick with the Riddler is not portraying him as a Joker wannabe or a garish buffoon. By making him Batman's intellectual equivalent and a possible replacement hero for the city, he becomes more of a threat to Batman. What if Edward Nygma is brought in to find out who Batman really is and help the cops get him, but he secretly has his own nefarious agenda"

i dunno bout you guys but i think itll be interesting if they have something like this in the next one, the mob hired a freak, and its only natural for the cops and stuff to get one right? I also am going to cast Edward Nigmaorton

batmanfan136
Screw Adrien Brody

second that people keep wanting to put him in comic book movies but i think he sucks.

On who could play the Riddle for some reason i keep thinking somebody like Steve Carroll i don't know why but every time someone brings this subject up i think of him

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by batmanfan136
second that people keep wanting to put him in comic book movies but i think he sucks.

On who could play the Riddle for some reason i keep thinking somebody like Steve Carroll i don't know why but every time someone brings this subject up i think of him

gawd i hope you didnt mean steve carell. cuz if you did...ughh he's not a bad actor, but he's better at being funny and awkward if anything.

The Riddler is not some wacky bafoon like jim carey played him.

if anyone wants to read what i wrote above. i would like to add, Edward Norton could do something reminiscent of his role in Red Dragon, ability to get into the mindset of a crime scene, get facts and deduce evidence, relate that to Batman. him trying to find out who batman is. and what ever, use his english accent so he sounds smarter lol, but yeah read above!

Joseph_Kerr
Michael Emerson for Riddler (Ben from Lost).

xNIXSONx
Edward "the Nygma" Norton epic win

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Joseph_Kerr
Michael Emerson for Riddler (Ben from Lost).

Nah, he is just good for tv

Menetnashté
Edward "the Nygma" Norton epic win
Fat chance of getting him, he's going to have his hands full with the Avengers movie, and even if he has the time I doubt Marvel wants one of their stars in a DC film...

xNIXSONx

rox
Clive Owen as the riddler

he has that cold calculating attitude like in inside man

BruceSkywalker
(auto quote)[/quickquote

Please not him either. He can't act

Kazenji
I found this

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
(auto quote)

clive owen can act. some of his roles are better than others, but i just dont want to see him as the riddler either.

also David Tennant looks the part definately, i would be satisfied if he was announced as the riddler. ive only seen him in goblet of fire though

Kazenji
I've seen in that movie and the newer doctor Who series he's good.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Kazenji
I've seen in that movie and the newer doctor Who series he's good.

i hope it doesnt take it the jim carey way or have a riddler as mentally insane as joker, i want riddler to be very smart, and have class like in the animated series

Vinny Valentine
Paul Bettany would play a perfect Riddler.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0079273/

xNIXSONx
Paul Bettany would play a perfect Riddler.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0079273/

lol all these actors that were rumoured to be Joker also work for Riddler stick out tongue

Kazenji
Even Robin Williams

I suppose so he did play that murderer in insomniac.

Vinny Valentine
lol all these actors that were rumoured to be Joker also work for Riddler stick out tongue

Yeah but Paul would play a GOOD Riddler.

atharpina
i like edward norton, paul bettany, and that gobelt of fire guy best for sure..

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Kazenji
Even Robin Williams

I suppose so he did play that murderer in insomniac.

nooo, he was supposed to be the original wacky wild and goofy riddler in the first shumacher one. NO lol

im likin the David 'guy from goblet of fire' Tennant. He expressed interest in the role, so im sure if someone gets their dream come true, usually they dont fck things up. and also edward 'nygma' norton

Vinny Valentine
I still say the villain from Lost.

xNIXSONx
I still say the villain from Lost.

Christian Bale: 310 to Yuma, The Prestige, American Psycho
Heath Ledger: Brokeback, the Patriot, Monsters Ball
Gary Oldman: The Fifth Element, Hannibal, Harry Potter
Aaron Eckhart: Thank You For Smoking, Erin Brockovich, The Black Dahlia

Riddler (serious considerations):

Edward Norton: Fight Club, The Illusionist, American History X

David Tennant: Harry Potter, Dr Who, other tv and film

Michael Emerson: Lost, Legend of Zoro, Saw

Vinny Valentine
It will not be Ed. He's the Hulk.. bringing him in would be awkward.

xNIXSONx
It will not be Ed. He's the Hulk.. bringing him in would be awkward.

lol i guess. He's a well rounded, high caliber actor thats the thing. His role and performance in the Hulk was nothing compared to his other movie's like Fight Club. I dont think itll be totally awkward, Ryan Reynolds was in Blade and now he is Deadpool.

Endrict Nuul
But Ryan is just a back up character and not the main one.

Bat Dude
But Ryan is just a back up character and not the main one.

Not to mention Blade and Deadpool are both Marvel properties...

Hulk is Marvel and Batman is DC... It'd be awkward...

Quincy
I was checking out other message boards and they are coming to the same conclusions as us it seems. Some people think Norton, others like Tennant.

Someone else said John Malkovich.

I just realized someone who walks around with a cane and makes it look good. What about Hugh Laurie?

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Not to mention Blade and Deadpool are both Marvel properties...

Hulk is Marvel and Batman is DC... It'd be awkward...

...one actor playing two marvel characters...which again is awkward???? roll eyes (sarcastic)

although the chances of getting ed norton are slim, since he might have other things in the works, he's a hell of an actor, and to actually be good, is something thats crucial in hollywood. Something that Keannu Reeves should write down lol whoOOooOOaaaa cool

Edward Norton is my first pick followed by David Tennant

LOL dr House as Riddler LMAO, batman cant solve a riddler so he pops some vicodin haha

Scythe

Then you're a braver woman than I.

Sorry, Futurama joke, ehhhhgh...

Anyways, I think it would be cool if the Riddler was old, and experienced. Anthony Hopkins-like even. It wouldn't fit, due to the Riddler's age being on par with Batman's, but an older, wiser villain would be cool.

Menetnashté
I was checking out other message boards and they are coming to the same conclusions as us it seems. Some people think Norton, others like Tennant.

I just realized someone who walks around with a cane and makes it look good. What about Hugh Laurie?
He could work, no doubt he's a good actor, being the house fan I am. But I just can't picture him as Riddler, not in the Riddler suit anyway, Riddler always came off somewhat stylish, I guess is the word I'm looking for. Hugh Laurie just doesn't really fit that profile, he's more grungy and big than I think Riddler should be, but hey, he could work.
I think we should just get Jim Carrey back ka-dur

xNIXSONx

Bouboumaster
Crispin Glover would be awesome.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Crispin Glover would be awesome.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Crispin Glover would be awesome. Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
HAHAHAHAHAHA

ScarletSpeed
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9319/riddlercastingcallbyvalyv3.jpg

I vote Casey Affleck or Johnny Depp, Jude Law sort of looks the part.

Mairuzu
David tennant

SelinaAndBruce
Still wanting Johnny Depp

Mairuzu
All i'd see is jack sparrow

Vinny Valentine
Apparently Christopher Nolan mentioned Johnny Depp for a Riddler Part.

SelinaAndBruce
All i'd see is jack sparrow
This is like that Broke Back Ledger thing laughing Johnny Depp IMO is one of those chameleon actors. You watch his Willy Wonka, His Captain Jack and then his Sweeney Todd and they are nothing alike

Da Joker
Says the fangirl.

SelinaAndBruce
^^Why do you insist on trying to insult me? I'm not the only one who thinks that it's a common consensus that Johnny Depp plays really diverse and quirky roles that are very different

Mairuzu
This is like that Broke Back Ledger thing laughing Johnny Depp IMO is one of those chameleon actors. You watch his Willy Wonka, His Captain Jack and then his Sweeney Todd and they are nothing alike Well, willy wonka was just.... horrible

but you're right... his jack didnt remind me of his sweeney

but as the riddler? idk...

SelinaAndBruce
I love his Willy Wonka personally but I thought he was more like the one in the book myself. I always hated the original Gene Wilder Wonka

ScarletSpeed
This is like that Broke Back Ledger thing laughing Johnny Depp IMO is one of those chameleon actors. You watch his Willy Wonka, His Captain Jack and then his Sweeney Todd and they are nothing alike
QFT,

he is a chameleon smile

Toku King
Just because Gary Oldman said something about who he wants to see doesn't mean that the Riddler is the next villain.

RevoWution™©®
I was quite pessimistic about choosing Ledger, but look what Heath's done? So I'm gonna say Depp could definitely pull it off. He's fantastic. Each his roles are totally different to the previous/next.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Toku King
Just because Gary Oldman said something about who he wants to see doesn't mean that the Riddler is the next villain.

Oh I think we will se the Riddler next....without a doubt.

SelinaAndBruce
Yea and at this point I think Nolan realizes he's definitely raised the bar with the Dark Knight and he will hopefully be incredibly careful not to do anything foolish

Almighty Bauer

It'd be weird seeing David Tennant in Batman, but he is a genuinely good actor, in serious, adult stuff as well.
As for Hugh Laurie... THAT would be too weird. I just can't see that. I just can't imagine a guy from Blackadder and Jeeves & Wooster being in Batman. He's a good actor, but I certainly don't want him to be the Riddler.

Mr Shindiggery
In my opioun if they did have Riddler in the third movie I would want him to be played by Johnny Depp or Hugo Weaving. And here is how I would write him into the sequel.

Okay now when we are first introduced to The Riddler he is a privite detective at first. This harks back to the mordern comics where Riddler is a privite dectective. He is hired by the Police to find out the idenity of Batman because they think that finding out who he is will be easier in bringing him to Justice. This is because they have on numouris times failed to capture him alive. But The Riddler turns on the police because he feels that because he is clever then the whole of the GCPD he should be able to find out Batman`s idenity for himself and he is bent on finding out who Batman is. Through the story Riddler sets chellenges for Batman like one such chellenge he sets for him is solve a series of clues in order to save some of Gotham`s leading figures like the Mayor, Commish Gordon and some normal Gothamnites. Also he chellenges would be quite dark and have dire effects for Batman if he fails. This is how I would write Riddler into the sequel.

As for the costume I would have a departure from the regular green spandex and have him how Alex Ross drew him as it would be a perfect fit in Nolan`s world where the villans are dark and gritty, and not colourful. Picture of Alex Ross`s Riddler is just below this. And also just to make the Riddler seem a bit madder I would have that he has a giant tatto of a giant black queston mark on his back.

That would be my take on the Riddler in the third Batman movie.

Neo Darkhalen
Sticking to classic, humanistic characters has got Nolan acclaim with BB and TDK, so i can't think of another classic and humanistic character quite like the Riddler, i could say penguin but i don't like him...nor do i think he's as popular as Riddler. (I'm not sure if that's true, so if i apologize if i am indeed incorrect.)

Almighty Bauer
Originally posted by Mr Shindiggery
In my opioun if they did have Riddler in the third movie I would want him to be played by Johnny Depp or Hugo Weaving. And here is how I would write him into the sequel.

Okay now when we are first introduced to The Riddler he is a privite detective at first. This harks back to the mordern comics where Riddler is a privite dectective. He is hired by the Police to find out the idenity of Batman because they think that finding out who he is will be easier in bringing him to Justice. This is because they have on numouris times failed to capture him alive. But The Riddler turns on the police because he feels that because he is clever then the whole of the GCPD he should be able to find out Batman`s idenity for himself and he is bent on finding out who Batman is. Through the story Riddler sets chellenges for Batman like one such chellenge he sets for him is solve a series of clues in order to save some of Gotham`s leading figures like the Mayor, Commish Gordon and some normal Gothamnites. Also he chellenges would be quite dark and have dire effects for Batman if he fails. This is how I would write Riddler into the sequel.

As for the costume I would have a departure from the regular green spandex and have him how Alex Ross drew him as it would be a perfect fit in Nolan`s world where the villans are dark and gritty, and not colourful. Picture of Alex Ross`s Riddler is just below this. And also just to make the Riddler seem a bit madder I would have that he has a giant tatto of a giant black queston mark on his back.

That would be my take on the Riddler in the third Batman movie. Where does that picture of Riddler come from?
It's certainly different, but I'd much rather have something even more 'realistic'. That picture honestly makes me think of Sandman rather than the Riddler. And the cane looks slightly, uh, crap.

Scythe
Says the fangirl.

Why would you say that? you clearly come off as a TDK fanboy, not that there's anything wrong with it, but don't be a hypocrite.

Da Joker
I'm not a TDK fanboy sucka.

Scythe
Course not.

Da Joker
Yeah, dawg, don't bes a foolz.

Scythe
Ahaha, brilliant!

Da Joker
I know dawg. I'm da man up in dis b!tch.

Scythe
Wow... Just, wow... Ahaha!

Anyhoe, back on topic, I'd have to agree with Neo darkhalen, Tannant seems pretty cool for this role.

Almighty Bauer
I just can't see David Tennant as the Riddler... messed

Neo Darkhalen
I think he ticks the boxes as the Riddler.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Almighty Bauer
I just can't see David Tennant as the Riddler... messed

I don't watch Doctor Who so I can't you how he would look.

Can this guy act outside of a tv show?

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I don't watch Doctor Who so I can't you how he would look.

Can this guy act outside of a tv show?

He has been in films before...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
He has been in films before...

Which ones so I can get a feel for this guy in case he is casted?

Neo Darkhalen
thats the only problem though, he's not been in many films and non are major parts, which is his only fault really?

1996 Jude Drunk Undergraduate Appeared alongside Christopher Eccleston, whom Tennant would succeed in the role of the Doctor in Doctor Who.
1997 Bite Alastair Galbraith
1998 L.A. Without a Map Richard Plays lead opposite Vinessa Shaw. Also features Johnny Depp
1999 The Last September Captain Gerald Colthurst
2000 Being Considered Larry
2001 Sweetnight Goodheart Peter A short film.
2003 Nine 1/2 Minutes Charlie A short film.
2003 Bright Young Things Ginger Littlejohn Appeared alongside James McAvoy, who is the current husband of Tennant's Ex-girlfriend.
2005 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Barty Crouch Jr. A Death Eater and son of Barty Crouch Sr. HP4, played by Roger Lloyd-Pack, who appeared alongside Tennant on Doctor Who (episodes "Rise of the Cybermen"/"The Age of Steel"wink.
2006 Free Jimmy Hamish (voice)

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
thats the only problem though, he's not been in many films and non are major parts, which is his only fault really?

1996 Jude Drunk Undergraduate Appeared alongside Christopher Eccleston, whom Tennant would succeed in the role of the Doctor in Doctor Who.
1997 Bite Alastair Galbraith
1998 L.A. Without a Map Richard Plays lead opposite Vinessa Shaw. Also features Johnny Depp
1999 The Last September Captain Gerald Colthurst
2000 Being Considered Larry
2001 Sweetnight Goodheart Peter A short film.
2003 Nine 1/2 Minutes Charlie A short film.
2003 Bright Young Things Ginger Littlejohn Appeared alongside James McAvoy, who is the current husband of Tennant's Ex-girlfriend.
2005 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Barty Crouch Jr. A Death Eater and son of Barty Crouch Sr. HP4, played by Roger Lloyd-Pack, who appeared alongside Tennant on Doctor Who (episodes "Rise of the Cybermen"/"The Age of Steel"wink.
2006 Free Jimmy Hamish (voice)

I'll check some of those out.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>