NEED OPINION: Ever had a root canal?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The j0keR
Has anyone here ever had a root canal? I just want to know a little more about the experience before I setup to have the procedure done. My dad had one about 18 years ago and swore he would never do it again, but his tooth was already in pain and infected. My tooth doesnt hurt and just has a big cavity, so im wondering what its going to feel like. The dentist said I would get shots to numb and laughing gas if I wanted, saying I would feel nothing, but I dont trust him. lol

Plus I want to be sure before I fork out $800 for the damn procedure. Any info is appreciated.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by The j0keR
Has anyone here ever had a root canal? I just want to know a little more about the experience before I setup to have the procedure done. My dad had one about 18 years ago and swore he would never do it again, but his tooth was already in pain and infected. My tooth doesnt hurt and just has a big cavity, so im wondering what its going to feel like. The dentist said I would get shots to numb and laughing gas if I wanted, saying I would feel nothing, but I dont trust him. lol

Plus I want to be sure before I fork out $800 for the damn procedure. Any info is appreciated.

I got it done and it wasn't even sore srug

jaden101
i've had 2 done....it's not bad at all with the right anaesthetic...it feels uncomfortable and the drilling vibrates through your whole head which feels weird...but it's not painful at all

Ax3l
I got one. It was fun as ****.

Didn't hurt after, really.

The j0keR
Alright, yall are really helping. lol

I hate docs and needles and procedures.

Strangelove
Nope

Rogue Jedi
From what I hear, you can feel the pressure but no pain. I am told its more the fact that you know whats going on.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
From what I hear, you can feel the pressure but no pain. I am told its more the fact that you know whats going on.

Yeah, you can feel the vibrations and shit, a little uncomfortable but no pain at all.

=Tired Hiker=
I've never had one done, nor do I need one, but I'm going to go get one done anyway! I hear they're a blast!

Scythe
Does it have to be a root canal? I've had a problem with one of my tooths, and it was either a root canal or a crown. I chose the latter.

The Grey Fox

Plus I want to be sure before I fork out $800 for the damn procedure. Any info is appreciated. i didn't have to pay for the procedure cause our healthcare and dental system is free. doped It's fine. The anesthetic numbs it all down, it might feel slightly uncomfortable at first, but it's okay after a while. Worth it, too.

The j0keR
Originally posted by Scythe
Does it have to be a root canal? I've had a problem with one of my tooths, and it was either a root canal or a crown. I chose the latter.

They are gonna do a root canal and then put a crown on it. The other option is to pull the tooth, then they would need to pull the perfectly fine tooth below that. lol

Scythe
They are gonna do a root canal and then put a crown on it. The other option is to pull the tooth, then they would need to pull the perfectly fine tooth below that. lol

Oh, I see. Anesthetic would be helpful though, good luck man, I'll be hopin' you the best.

The j0keR
Im hoping it goes well, since it isnt infected or painful yet, it just got to where I could notice a giant crater. The xray lady and the pricing lady were both surprised when I said it didnt hurt. Im probably gonna call and set it up tomorrow, hopefully get in there before it does start to hurt.

The doc said he wants to pull my wisdom tooth right behind the bad tooth to keep it from interfering with the crown, but im not sure if im gonna do that.

jaden101
Im hoping it goes well, since it isnt infected or painful yet, it just got to where I could notice a giant crater. The xray lady and the pricing lady were both surprised when I said it didnt hurt. Im probably gonna call and set it up tomorrow, hopefully get in there before it does start to hurt.

The doc said he wants to pull my wisdom tooth right behind the bad tooth to keep it from interfering with the crown, but im not sure if im gonna do that.

chances are if it's a giant crater and it doesn't hurt then the nerve endings are dead anyway so very little anaesthetic will be needed

The j0keR
Wow, I dont know whether to call that good or bad. sad

jaden101
well a big hole in the tooth needs to be treated with root canal anyway...better the nerves are already dead when they get drilled out because that's all root canal is...it removes the live tissue from inside the tooth...hollows it out and then fills it in with inert substance

believe me...if there is live nerve endings that aren't anaethetised properly...you'll know about it...quickly

Röland
My dad has had 2 or 3 root canals, he had no anesthetic for any of them.

Rogue Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.