Joker vs Joker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Da Joker
Okay, this is a fight where both of these guys are going at it with fists, not any sort of weapons.

Jack's Joker
http://pics.hollywoodrag.com/uploads2/joker.jpg

VS

Heath's Joker
http://www.criticsrant.com/Images/criticsrant_com/News%20Rants/Batman_joker1.jpg

Who wins?

Harbinger
Jack's Joker. Can't underestimate old man strength big grin

Galan007
depends which 'type' of joker you prefer. if you like a more zany/funny rendition of 'ol bleach face, then you'd probably like jack's rendition of the character more. if you like a more psychotic/frightening feel then heath is probably you're man.

in a fight though, jack would have beaten the shit out of heath.

celestialdemon
Heath's Joker. He wasn't afraid to get physical. Jack's Joker was.

Da Joker
Jack's Joker didn't even actually fight Batman, Heath's did, and took a pounding & keep laughing. Not only does Heath's Joker not really respond to pain, but he also is a fighter when he needs to be. Jack's Joker was awesome, but fighting wise is a pussy.

Superherovandal
Heath's Joker. He managed to outfight that cop that was about to beat him up. and who can forget the magic trick that has to require some strength.

Da Joker
Yeah, that pencil went deep into that guy's face. Oh & not to mention that he delivered some major stomps to Batman. When Jack punched Batman he hurt his own self.

Darth Martin
In the interrogation room that cop approached him and the next thing we know Heath had him held as hostage. He beat him! Heath wasn't afraid to get physical with Batman and took quite a beating in the interrogation room.

Da Joker
Yes, he even seemed to thrive off pain & none of it really fazed him. Also, another thing to notice is Heath's Joker wasn't afraid of death, whereas Jack's Joker actually was.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Heath's Joker. He managed to outfight that cop that was about to beat him up. and who can forget the magic trick that has to require some strength. Ditto

janus77
Keaton's Batman BatKick's the crazy out of them both! cool

Jack is the definitive Joker, imo. vulnerable physically, but mentally on a whole other plane of existence... twisted and theatrical, but also outright cowardly at times - goofishness as much as menace.

Tenebrous
ledger's joker for sure. besides all the points mentioned already...didn't you see how savagely he was beating batman with that steel pipe? the man is relentless...ledger's joker has no limits, nicholson's does.

Da Joker
Originally posted by janus77
Keaton's Batman BatKick's the crazy out of them both! cool

Jack is the definitive Joker, imo. vulnerable physically, but mentally on a whole other plane of existence... twisted and theatrical, but also outright cowardly at times - goofishness as much as menace.

Truthfully, Ledger's Joker is closer to the original Batman comics, a Joker who regularly beat the shit out of Batman. wink The Joker should not be a coward, he should be some sort of fighter. That's what I like about this Joker, he cracks skulls.

psycho gundam
nickolson for the win. i saw both movies and jack still did it better, darknight was a good comic movie and all but kind of a joker wankfest.

oh and....maggie gyllenhaal is ugly as sin. no expression

Da Joker
Heath delved into the role more than Jack. Hell, I love Jack, grew up loving him, but most of the time now Jack is just being Jack. Heath really gave the role his all & as much as I love both Joker's, Jack's ain't touching Heath's performance wise or in a fight.

Dark-Jaxx
First of all, Heath's Joker IMO was much better, a vicious psychotic killer, which is what Joker should be.

As for the fight, Heath's Joker was shown to be physically in good form, physically taking a cop hostage who was trying to kick his ass, making that pencil "disappear" lol and even beating the shit outta Batman with pipes. Heath wins the fight.

Da Joker
In a curbstomp, nonetheless. He took hits from Batman & kept laughing, while Jack's Joker wanted to avoid as much pain as possible.

Badabing
No matter what I can't bring myself to say Ledger beats Nicholson. noway

Starscream M
ok, the pencil feat showed that Ledger Joker has some serious reflexes and strength

he also demonstrated tremendous pain tolerance

I'm not familiar with the Nicholson Joker but what physical feats did he have, if any?

Da Joker
None.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Starscream M
ok, the pencil feat showed that Ledger Joker has some serious reflexes and strength

I'm not familiar with the Nicholson Joker but what physical feats did he have, if any? Hurting his hand when punching Batman.

Da Joker
Ooh, big man. And yeah, I'm watching B('89) & physically, he's really really weak. Weak to the point it's pitiful. Still, the performance itself was excellent.

Boy Blue
Originally posted by psycho gundam
nickolson for the win. i saw both movies and jack still did it better, darknight was a good comic movie and all but kind of a joker wankfest.

oh and....maggie gyllenhaal is ugly as sin. no expression Fail.

Da Joker
Yeah, she didn't look perfect but she wasn't ugly either. Also, Nicholson's Joker ain't touching Heath's. Heath's covered every layer of the character, Nicholson's didn't.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Da Joker
Yeah, she didn't look perfect but she wasn't ugly either. Also, Nicholson's Joker ain't touching Heath's. Heath's covered every layer of the character, Nicholson's didn't.

true QFT.

Nicholson's joker was very good...but you still knew Nicholson was there...you knew he was the actor doing it.

Honestly...how many people thought of Heath Ledger while watching TDK? I mean really thought of him during the movie? I did not, at all, not until credits started rolling.

Heath completely disappeared into this role. The poor man overdosed on sleeping pills and died in February, but NOT ONCE did I think oh that's Heath under there...the entire performance I saw just the Joker, from the darting snake-like tongue to the jittering hand gestures to the snickering voice to unnatural posture.

That's a true testament to his skill and performance.

For God's mercy, Ledger rented a hotel in London and isolated himself from all human contact for 6 consecutive weeks...HE NEVER LEFT HIS ROOM for 6 weeks, while he developed the Joker all the way from hand motions to psychology to laugh and mannerisms and voice. He also read about schizophrenia, drug abuse, and some of "The Killing Joke."

Ledger's prep for Joker role>>>>Nicholson's performance as Joker.

joesdabest1
Ledger's joker blew Jack's out of the water. It's not even a contest. They should just retire the character, because nobody is going to approach the greatness.

Da Joker
Originally posted by Tenebrous
true QFT.

Nicholson's joker was very good...but you still knew Nicholson was there...you knew he was the actor doing it.

Honestly...how many people thought of Heath Ledger while watching TDK? I mean really thought of him during the movie? I did not, at all, not until credits started rolling.

Heath completely disappeared into this role. The poor man overdosed on sleeping pills and died in February, but NOT ONCE did I think oh that's Heath under there...the entire performance I saw just the Joker, from the darting snake-like tongue to the jittering hand gestures to the snickering voice to unnatural posture.

That's a true testament to his skill and performance.

For God's mercy, Ledger rented a hotel in London and isolated himself from all human contact for 6 consecutive weeks...HE NEVER LEFT HIS ROOM for 6 weeks, while he developed the Joker all the way from hand motions to psychology to laugh and mannerisms and voice. He also read about schizophrenia, drug abuse, and some of "The Killing Joke."

Ledger's prep for Joker role>>>>Nicholson's performance as Joker.

You are the man for this post, brotha. Even my mom agrees that Jack's best work was very early in his career but a good 70% of his movies are him acting like himself with maybe a small tweak. With Heath, I'm pretty sure he acts differently in all of his roles, and his one role in TDK surpassed everything Jack has did in my eyes.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Badabing
No matter what I can't bring myself to say Ledger beats Nicholson. noway

That's bordering on fanboyism.

First off, let me say both performances were nothing less than spectacular. However, there's a fine line between a great acting performance, and what is ultimately a masterful piece of work that will be remembered for many years to come. What Heath did with that role is something that I can't even put into words. The entire time I was sitting in the movie theatre I just wanted to see more Joker. In fact, give me a two hour monologue of him just talking, it was that good. I was literally intrigued by a character who played an insane murdering psychopath, that takes a truly amazing talent. I think Gary Oldman said it best in describing Ledger's performance, " Heath was tuned it to a frequency that we do not have the ability to hear".

As for the fight, Heath's Joker stomps Jack's into a pulp. He's younger, stronger, far more skilled, and disturbingly ruthless.

By the way, let's not underestimate Heath's Joker's intelligence. For as much of an anarchist/anti-schemer as he claims to be, his plans are exceptionally brilliant.

Air Legend
Okay, this is a fight where both of these guys are going at it with fists, not any sort of weapons.

Jack's Joker
http://pics.hollywoodrag.com/uploads2/joker.jpg

VS

Heath's Joker
http://www.criticsrant.com/Images/criticsrant_com/News%20Rants/Batman_joker1.jpg

Who wins?
Out of these two pics, Jack actually looks more terrifying. Shoulda found a better Dark Knight pic.

starlock
Jacks joker for the win

psycho gundam
^hell yeah

TricksterPriest
Ledger's Joker was the REAL Joker. No other depiction outside the comics is better. Not even the animated series with Mark Hamil.

Nicholson is a pale imitation compared to Id unleashed that was Ledger.

Boy Blue
For once, I agree with Trick.

Ledger WAS Joker.

Da Joker
Yes, he was that badness gun toting psycho that well wanted to see. Jack's was so awesome to see but at the same time, his performance isn't anywhere near Heath's.

As for a better pic:

http://blog.pennlive.com/thrive/2007/12/joker.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/news/batman-the-dark-knight/Heath%20Ledger%20as%20The%20Joker.jpg

http://images.showhype.com/uploads/photos_large/2008/04/04/heath-ledger-joker-02.jpg

Avlon
In a straight H2H as this thread implies...Jack gets stomped by Ledger.
There is no comparison.

If you want to challenge Ledger Joker, a coked up Tony Montana would be a better choice.

Endrict Nuul
Heath's Joker kicks his ass,.

But with weapons Jack takes this. Acid in the eye from that flower of his would be deadly!

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Heath's Joker kicks his ass,.

But with weapons Jack takes this. Acid in the eye from that flower of his would be deadly! or that meter long buster pistol. lol

llagrok
Jack is ACTUALLY insane though, so he has a huge advantage there.

Starscream M
Originally posted by llagrok
Jack is ACTUALLY insane though, so he has a huge advantage there. this is an H2H fist fight...how is being insane much of an advantage?

Endrict Nuul
or that meter long buster pistol. lol

That too!

Endrict Nuul
this is an H2H fist fight...how is being insane much of an advantage?

Not here, there.. as in a weapons fight, like what I said in my post.

llagrok
this is an H2H fist fight...how is being insane much of an advantage?

How is NOT an advantage!

celestialdemon
or that meter long buster pistol. lol

laughing Just thinking about that scene makes me laugh.

Starscream M
Originally posted by llagrok
How is NOT an advantage! cuz insane people don't think clearly and are less likely to use strategy or tactics

also, insane people may be more reckless...leading to greater chance of harm

psycho gundam
cuz insane people don't think clearly and are less likely to use strategy or tactics

also, insane people may be more reckless...leading to greater chance of harm or the fact that napier joker got tooled by batman in the last couple scenes.

ledger joker would kill nicholson joker in a h2h fight, i just prefer nicholson's portrayal of the character.

Air Legend
Yea isn't Jack's Joker more comparable to the comic Joker than Heath's? I mean Heath's Joker was badass, but a lot more serious than the comic book Joker I think.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Air Legend
Yea isn't Jack's Joker more comparable to the comic Joker than Heath's? I mean Heath's Joker was badass, but a lot more serious than the comic book Joker I think.

I think Heath's Joker was more psychotic like the comic book version, but he was also a little too calculating. He complained about everyone having a plan, but he seemed to have more plans than any of them.

nimbus006
Originally posted by celestialdemon
I think Heath's Joker was more psychotic like the comic book version, but he was also a little too calculating. He complained about everyone having a plan, but he seemed to have more plans than any of them.

Originally posted by nimbus006

By the way, let's not underestimate Heath's Joker's intelligence. For as much of an anarchist/anti-schemer as he claims to be, his plans are exceptionally brilliant.

Ha.

TricksterPriest

Maybe comparable to PC Joker, but not current, and certainly not the best Joker's we've seen. The Killing Joker Joker, Emperor Joker, Arkham Unleashed Joker, Last Laugh Joker, those are the Joker at his height of madness.

Jack was just a guy in makeup with some gimmicks. Ledger brought the nightmare of the Joker to life. The way he acted, that's the way the Joker does in the comics.

Jack wasn't funny. He was corny, ala Cesar Romero. Ledger was terrifying, but you couldn't help laughing at his sense of humor.

Da Joker
Joker wasn't complaining, it was all part of his plan. Everything he did was part of one giant plan.

And I guess that poster above isn't aware there are smart psychotic people out there, including the Joker.

janus77

I'm not familiar with the Nicholson Joker but what physical feats did he have, if any?
a 38" waist, I think big grin

he was just such a ramshackle kind of guy, that the attitude and maniacal persona made him really "larger than life" and kinda cool.

Jack's Joker is iconic yes

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by janus77
a 38" waist, I think big grin

he was just such a ramshackle kind of guy, that the attitude and maniacal persona made him really "larger than life" and kinda cool.

Jack's Joker is iconic yes Jack's Joker is nothing on Ledger's Joker. Ledger's Joker was the vicious psychotic killer he was meant to be.

I just can't take Jack's Joker seriously in all honesty.

Da Joker
I watched it last night & the whole time, I kept thinking of Ledger's Joker. If anyone seriously thinks Jack's Joker is better than Ledger's then that's just plain weird. Heath surpassed Jack & because of nostalgia people are saying Jack is better.

celestialdemon
Joker wasn't complaining, it was all part of his plan. Everything he did was part of one giant plan.

According to himself, he was complaining.

"Do I really look like a man with a plan, Harvey? I don't have a plan. The mob has plans, the cops have plans. You know what I am, Harvey? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. I just *do* things. I'm a wrench in the gears. I *hate* plans. Yours, theirs, everyone's. Maroni has plans. Gordon has plans. Schemers trying to control their worlds. I am not a schemer. I show schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are. So when I say that what happened to you and your girlfriend wasn't personal, you know I'M telling the truth."

And I guess that poster above isn't aware there are smart psychotic people out there, including the Joker.

I'm well aware that there are smart psychotic people. I'm not complaining about that. What I'm saying is that the complexity of the Joker's plan was something more than what the comic book character would have come up with.

Boy Blue
I'm well aware that there are smart psychotic people. I'm not complaining about that. What I'm saying is that the complexity of the Joker's plan was something more than what the comic book character would have come up with. Nein...

Comic Joker is a chess master that has taken part in major complex plans before, and formed them himself.

The movie truly captured his unique state of chaotic genius.

Da Joker
According to himself, he was complaining.

"Do I really look like a man with a plan, Harvey? I don't have a plan. The mob has plans, the cops have plans. You know what I am, Harvey? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one. I just *do* things. I'm a wrench in the gears. I *hate* plans. Yours, theirs, everyone's. Maroni has plans. Gordon has plans. Schemers trying to control their worlds. I am not a schemer. I show schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are. So when I say that what happened to you and your girlfriend wasn't personal, you know I'M telling the truth."

I'm well aware that there are smart psychotic people. I'm not complaining about that. What I'm saying is that the complexity of the Joker's plan was something more than what the comic book character would have come up with.

He was doing that to turn Harvey against everyone, I am so surprised you are the only person who didn't actually pick up on that. He had a bunch of little plans inside one big plan which was to turn Gotham's White Knight (Harvey Dent) into a murderer.

I don't believe that one bit. If the Joker were real, this is how he would be. And you're only saying a comic villain wouldn't come up with such a plan because it's never been done. All we've seen from even major villains are these little plans. This Joker was very smart, and had every step planned out. I had been waiting for a villain of this calibur for a long time, and now that we got him, I'm glad we got a villain as manipulating, crazy, & as smart as Heath's Joker.

Heath is the man and one day I'll meet him, and chat it up about his Joker. smokin'

Air Legend
Alright Da Joker you better stop with the Ledger wankfest because you're making me start to dislike him.

In fact---
Jack's ain't touching Heath's performance wise or in a fight.
Give me one reason why I shouldn't report this thread for spite.

batdude123
Ledger's Joker stomps Jack's in h2h, and any other way possible. erm

Da Joker
Because the Mods won't care? And it's not a wankfest. Only someone with a puny IQ like your's would take it that far. I never said anything about a wankfest when someone said Jack was the better Joker, so shut the hell up.

Air Legend
Because the Mods won't care? And it's not a wankfest. Only someone with a puny IQ like your's would take it that far. I never said anything about a wankfest when someone said Jack was the better Joker, so shut the hell up.
You made a thread and then posted in it saying Jack's Joker stands absolutely no chance. That's called making a spite thread. And now you're insulting me because I said you're throwing a wankfest (which you are, you're giving Jack no credit at all and you're literally drooling over Ledger "Heath is the man and one day I'll meet him, and chat it up about his Joker."wink

So yeah, reported.

celestialdemon
He was doing that to turn Harvey against everyone, I am so surprised you are the only person who didn't actually pick up on that. He had a bunch of little plans inside one big plan which was to turn Gotham's White Knight (Harvey Dent) into a murderer.

Did you even read my posts? Not once did I say the Joker didn't have a plan. I know he did, and I know that was his plan. All I said from the beginning was that this Joker's plan was a little too calculating from what we normally see. That's it.

I don't believe that one bit. If the Joker were real, this is how he would be. And you're only saying a comic villain wouldn't come up with such a plan because it's never been done. All we've seen from even major villains are these little plans. This Joker was very smart, and had every step planned out. I had been waiting for a villain of this calibur for a long time, and now that we got him, I'm glad we got a villain as manipulating, crazy, & as smart as Heath's Joker.

Show me once where I said "a comic villain wouldn't come up with such a plan". I've never said that. I've seen comic book villains come up with far more complicated plans than this. I only said that the plan seemed too calculating for the Joker. Am I saying the Joker isn't smart? No. I know he's very smart. However, his plan in the movie seemed more John Doe instead of Joker.

joesdabest1
You made a thread and then posted in it saying Jack's Joker stands absolutely no chance. That's called making a spite thread. And now you're insulting me because I said you're throwing a wankfest (which you are, you're giving Jack no credit at all and you're literally drooling over Ledger "Heath is the man and one day I'll meet him, and chat it up about his Joker."wink

So yeah, reported.

***Crickets***

Da Joker

So yeah, reported.

For one, he doesn't stand any chance, because he's not a fighter, which many people have acknowledged. And jackass, when didn't I give Nicholson any credit? I said he was a great/awesome Joker many times over, but his wasn't in depth with the comic version. This isn't a spite thread, because I can have an opinion. Don't like it? Get out of the thread. Yep, it's that simple. wink

Blax_Hydralisk
If he's not a fighter and you know he's not a fighter, then why put him in a fist fight? What the **** is the point?

That's like me putting J Jonah Jameson in a boxing match with Daredevil and then getting mad when people tell me it's a spite thread. erm

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Boy Blue
Nein...

Comic Joker is a chess master that has taken part in major complex plans before, and formed them himself.

The movie truly captured his unique state of chaotic genius.

Haven't read any Batman stuff in years. I'm not doubting you, but what are some things that he's done that were complex?

Air Legend
Heath delved into the role more than Jack. Hell, I love Jack, grew up loving him, but most of the time now Jack is just being Jack. Heath really gave the role his all & as much as I love both Joker's, Jack's ain't touching Heath's performance wise or in a fight.

In a curbstomp, nonetheless. He took hits from Batman & kept laughing, while Jack's Joker wanted to avoid as much pain as possible.
You can have your opinion, that's fine, but as a thread starter you don't say a contender stands no chance, because your intention is spiteful.

And jackass
And reported for bashing.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
If he's not a fighter and you know he's not a fighter, then why put him in a fist fight? What the **** is the point?

That's like me putting J Jonah Jameson in a boxing match with Daredevil and then getting mad when people tell me it's a spite thread. erm Agreed, Jameson would knock that pussy out.

Badabing
Originally posted by nimbus006
That's bordering on fanboyism.

First off, let me say both performances were nothing less than spectacular. However, there's a fine line between a great acting performance, and what is ultimately a masterful piece of work that will be remembered for many years to come. What Heath did with that role is something that I can't even put into words. The entire time I was sitting in the movie theatre I just wanted to see more Joker. In fact, give me a two hour monologue of him just talking, it was that good. I was literally intrigued by a character who played an insane murdering psychopath, that takes a truly amazing talent. I think Gary Oldman said it best in describing Ledger's performance, " Heath was tuned it to a frequency that we do not have the ability to hear".

As for the fight, Heath's Joker stomps Jack's into a pulp. He's younger, stronger, far more skilled, and disturbingly ruthless.

By the way, let's not underestimate Heath's Joker's intelligence. For as much of an anarchist/anti-schemer as he claims to be, his plans are exceptionally brilliant. You need to lighten up. duryes

Guys, I'm getting reports from this thread. Let's try to be civil and respect each other even if we disagree.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Agreed, Jameson would knock that pussy out.

Jameson's the man. He'd fire DD's ***** ass.

Da Joker
Hell yeah. DD wouldn't stand a ****ing chance. He'd probably piss his pants beforehand.

Tenebrous
Another thing i figured...seriously Joker portrayals aside...Ledger Joker was IMPERVIOUS to pain! In fact, there were times I kept thinking of Undertaker or Mankind from the WWF...the joker was just that deranged when it came to pain that he was obviously enjoying, or at the very least blocking it.

Jack Joker...yeah I enjoyed his performance greatly but the dude hurt his hand punching batman's armor...let's recall how many punches Ledger Joker took from Bale Batman and his "kevlar depleted titanium" suit or whatever the hell it was.

Jack Joker was terrified of falling off the helicopter ladder from a sky scraper. Ledger Joker was tied up upside down hanging off the ledge of a sky scraper while simultaneously layin the psychological smackdown on the batman with all sorts of epiphanies and revelations and such that batman couldn't begin to comprehend until that point. that is gangsta.

We should also forget that Ledger Joker is not afraid to die. He held his stance while batman was racing toward him in the bat pod....batman blinked first, not Ledger Joker.

Basically, Ledger Joker is impervious to pain, or likes it, and is not afraid of death.

Jack Joker is most certainly not impervious to pain, and certainly does not want to die.

Those are huge advantages to Ledger Joker...if you don't think of pain and are not afraid to die, you have nothing to lose in a fight, which makes the most dangerous combination

Da Joker
Let's not forget Batman tossed him off the building & he was laughing at the fact he thought he was going to die. Physically, Ledger was a beast. Jack may get some hits in, but nothing that will actually effect Ledger.

kevdude
Heath Ledger Joker takes it, he played it as The Joker is meant to be. Jack's Joker was good but nothing to Heaths. ps can't wait for The Watchmen to come out big grin

Da Joker
That's been on my mind all morning (Watchmen trailer). I don't know much about them but I'll be going to see it with my dad.

And yes, this Joker was much more intact with the comics & even more so, the animated series Joker who for the most part seemed to fight back against Batman & thrive on pain a little bit.

Tenebrous
That's been on my mind all morning (Watchmen trailer). I don't know much about them but I'll be going to see it with my dad.

And yes, this Joker was much more intact with the comics & even more so, the animated series Joker who for the most part seemed to fight back against Batman & thrive on pain a little bit.

I suggest you read the comics...they're excellent.

I remember reading that Ledger watched some episodes featuring the animated Joker, as there were elements of the character he wanted to incorporate. The same thing for Nicholson's Joker, but I can't really see much aside from when they are both talking to the female (rachael, and who was keaton's woman again? i can't remember)

Da Joker
I may try to get some, if I can find a damn shop around here. Trust me when I say the trailer looked awesome. And some dumbass that kept talking during the movie during my second time seeing it thought that guy was the Silver Surfer.

Nicholson's Joker kind of helped inspire TAS Joker so he didn't really take cues from that Joker as he was created after the '89 movie. Also, Keaton's woman was Vicki Vale/Kim Bassinger.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.