Live action manga adaptions newest Hollywood trend?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Magee
Viz media has recently launched a hollywood film company to produce live action films based on popular manga. Thanks to the massive success of comic book adaptions, could the Dragonball live action movie be a kick start to the newest hollywood trend?

http://www.saiyanisland.com/?subaction=showfull&id=1216785870&archive=&start_from=&ucat=10&

BradBalboa
well they are also making AsroBoy...theyve already made speed racer...Anime could be the new movies instead of games haha

Sanctuary
If they make a US live action Death note movie I will diiiiie. no expression

Yoshi Paradise
I can think of a bunch of anime that would make a good live action series/movie.

Kento
*laughs* Animes don't really translate well into American made movies...but who knows maybe one will one day. Though I hope Naruto doesn't get a movie.

Kero_Co
Astroboy isn't live action(thank god). These live action anime adaptions scare the hell out of me. I don't want leonardo de caprio anywhere near my Akira. In fact, the only person in any role of any live action anime adaptation I can even stand to imagine is Sam Jackson, but that because he's the ************* Sam Jackson. Hell, let Sam Jackson be Goku. Put Sam Jackson in an orange jump suit. Give Sam Jackson a big ass sword.

Come on Hollywood, DO IT!

Sanctuary
Originally posted by Kento
*laughs* Animes don't really translate well into American made movies...but who knows maybe one will one day. Though I hope Naruto doesn't get a movie.
As do I ermm

I hate the idea of a good series being tainted by some lame movie.

Usually in these sort of things the actors look nothing like the characters, which is annoying. Like the Misa in Death Note. Would it really have been so hard to die her hair blonde and give her an outfit similar to what she wears in anime? -.-

DestinyGuy678
well theyre running out of popular comic super heroes and popular manga heroes would be next

Csdabest
lol. Death Note already have a live action movie.

Naruto couldn't be pulled off. For so many reasons. Why. Americas violent degenerating youth will attempt to be like Ninjas. And we cant have a bunch of 6 year olds claiming to be chunnins running around with knives in their pockets.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Csdabest

Naruto couldn't be pulled off. For so many reasons. Why. Americas violent degenerating youth will attempt to be like Ninjas. And we cant have a bunch of 6 year olds claiming to be chunnins running around with knives in their pockets. dragonball z and naruto are really the only ones popular enough though

Csdabest
Just because somethings is popular doesnt mean you Should do it DestinyGuy678

Magee
I don't see why they shouldnt make a Naruto movie, they are making dbz which is more ridiculous.

Csdabest
Seriously. Do people want kids immitating Naruto ninjas carrying around knives in their pockets.

Blax_Hydralisk

Naruto couldn't be pulled off. For so many reasons. Why. Americas violent degenerating youth will attempt to be like Ninjas. And we cant have a bunch of 6 year olds claiming to be chunnins running around with knives in their pockets.

ermm

um... I don't see your reasoning.

Though if any COuntires children were "degenerating" it'd be the Japanese kids since they're the oens who originally watch it. And I rememebr the uproar of a bunch of them killing themselves by "roleplaying" WoW.

Kento
Seriously. Do people want kids immitating Naruto ninjas carrying around knives in their pockets. Kid would be doing it already....Not to mention pirates, and pretty much any other thing they find cool. And it's not like kids don't play with fake ninja kits already or fake swords. What would Naruto live movie really do that the anime won't?

Sanctuary
There are rumors about an American live action Death Note movie. >.<

agphoenix
Originally posted by Sanctuary
If they make a US live action Death note movie I will diiiiie. no expression

You had to kill me and give me nightmares didn't you? smile

I don't want leonardo de caprio anywhere near my Akira.

What's wrong with him being Akira? He's the King of the World. (sorry...had to do it)

Yup...it's all going in that direction... blowup

DestinyGuy678
Just because somethings is popular doesnt mean you Should do it DestinyGuy678 theyve been doing every popular comic character it was only a matter of time before hollywood went to manga (which might be more popular than american heroes are right now)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.